• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Smashers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
Well its only Gaming/Automobile(other not very-girlish things) forums that have more male than female. I'm not sure abou.t the rest

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Most girls don't want to be stuck in a room full of sweaty males who don't understand the concept of antiperspirants for 9+ hours. I'm male and we have a higher tolerance for it, but it's still somewhat unpleasant all the same.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Most girls don't want to be stuck in a room full of sweaty males who don't understand the concept of antiperspirants for 9+ hours. I'm male and we have a higher tolerance for it, but it's still somewhat unpleasant all the same.
Equivalently, most men don't want to be stuck in a convention center full of squealing fangirls talking about yaoi and cosplay, but somehow they end up there anyways.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Equivalently, most men don't want to be stuck in a convention center full of squealing fangirls talking about yaoi and cosplay, but somehow they end up there anyways.
Most of the time they have Smash setups, and I can't say no to that.

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Two generalizations which I could do without -.- It's nothing new, these things exist, but it's not all about sweaty men and yaoi fangirlies...You just hear from them a lot more, that's all.

BUNI

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Smash Bros doesn't appeal to most girls. Anyway which characters do females tend to use? The female ones? Not saying much since I use Peach and I'm male and no I'm NOT gay >.>

Infact, in response to all those Peach jokes, I hereby declare that if Peach users are gay, Zero Suit Samus users are pervy, 60 year old men :chuckle:
Wow. i guess i am a gay perv. i Main Zamus and Secondary Peach and yes i am gay. gotta love stereotyping...

So i guess the rare female gamer group has a tag along, the EVEN RARER gay gamer.

xXZeroXx

Smash Cadet
I do not have much tolerance about sweaty boys (yes, I'm a boy). But it's what I'll get on tourneys so it's just get accustomed.
In cosplays I've seen both many girls and many boys so I guess it's not the same.

Darkurai

Smash Master
am I the only one who's sick of this stupid joke?? lol

anyway, the few female smashers i've played were actually very good (& probably actually better than me XD)

the reason there aren't many girl smashers is because most girls I guess don't have a positive view of the smash community or basically any place where gamers come together. since most gamers are male to begin with, they feel free to post idiotic things like "ZOMG theres no girlz on dah intarnetz" crap. :ohwell:
I myself don't really like the joke tbh, but I promised my friend that I'd use it like, a year ago, so I wanted to get it out of the way.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Does it count if I've been called the Vietnamese equivalent to "onee-san" at least 7 times these past two week (I'm currently in Vietnam for vacation)?

The "Gay Peach Joke" is not that all Peach players are gay. That's just a stupid interpretation of it by homophobes or stupid Peach players afraid of being associated with anything "gay".

The "Gay Peach Joke" is that so many male LGBT-Smashers mained Peach in Melee, or had her as a secondary (many of us also used a Peach-Zelda combo, maining one and secondarying another, like I, DarknessofHeart and RyokoYaska) be they Casual or Competitive. Of course, for Brawl, there'll be less Competitive Peaches around so there are no longer as many LGBT-Smashers who main Peach.

BUNI

Smash Apprentice
Does it count if I've been called the Vietnamese equivalent to "onee-san" at least 7 times these past two week (I'm currently in Vietnam for vacation)?

The "Gay Peach Joke" is not that all Peach players are gay. That's just a stupid interpretation of it by homophobes or stupid Peach players afraid of being associated with anything "gay".

The "Gay Peach Joke" is that so many male LGBT-Smashers mained Peach in Melee, or had her as a secondary (many of us also used a Peach-Zelda combo, maining one and secondarying another, like I, DarknessofHeart and RyokoYaska) be they Casual or Competitive. Of course, for Brawl, there'll be less Competitive Peaches around so there are no longer as many LGBT-Smashers who main Peach.
OFT i am having a hard time maining peach, but i am pretty casual about it. Samus is another love of mine, whether or not she wants to be an exibitionist she is fun either way.

mrquestion90

Smash Cadet
yes that is true to but guys will tolerate it if they get a chance to meet a girl who has things in common. But then again girls might worlds biggest might want to do that to meet guys idk this is my oppinion

Mazaloth

Smash Ace
I know two female smashers, they are friends of mine of course, they are decent.

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
You know, I've always assumed that if you had a Peach, Zelda, Jigglypuff, Sheik, or ZSS pic in your sig, or avatar or as a main (or any female like Krystal or Daisy) you were most likely a female player (ironically, Samus doesn't make me think this :p). Finding out that that Ganondorf, or Donkey Kong, or Snake playing-member has a 'virgina' was quite the reality check. With this way of thinking, I always believed that there were lots of females here.

Another thing (although I really weren't going to go here, but) I've noticed is that most people who main Marth are female.

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
That's because girls are into effeminate men (especially when they get to make two bang each other) these days. Incidentally, my sister has been a Marth main since Melee, and my monkeyphobic friend uses "Ganny".

Kind of makes me wish I had a Wolf set. On that tangent, Wolf and Falco would be cooler if they were female AND it was pulled off right.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I wish I could say there were more female smashers and for one reason

sheesh! do you think I'd actually look at boobs!? nope, I not a perv unlike some of you

but yea, it would be nice for a change to interact with girl smashers rather than just guys all the time

WolfCypher

Smash Lord
NNID
WolfCypher
Switch FC
4999 6039 1484
That's because girls are into effeminate men (especially when they get to make two bang each other) these days. Incidentally, my sister has been a Marth main since Melee, and my monkeyphobic friend uses "Ganny".
I would love to meet this monkeyphobic friend you keep mentioning, lol!

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
SPEAKING of female smashers...

Some of you guys are really sad when it comes to talking to them on here....

Don't make me bust out some examples, but seriously, just find any of the girl smashers on here, and I GUARENTEE you they will have about 5 pages of comments based on really pathetic sucking up and/or flirting, or people are so desperate for female interaction they pester the hell out of them for battles.

I am serious, find a female smasher on here, bonus points if you snag a popular one, and just read the comments.

It OOZES of kindergarden flirting.

Which in turn, makes me sick.

However, if you want to see female smashers, there is quite a large demographic surprisingly on that Gaiaonline site.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Finding girls in competitive gaming is more harder than trying to breath in air through a straw...

Well there was this one girl that came to my clan 2 weeks ago and on that day when she applied for our clan, some random people read her post and than 7 guys out of no where asked her on a date >.> And just because she had the word "sexy" in her username when she applied.

Perverted guys ruin girl's freedom from what I see... and it's really sad to see this happen.

More females playing Smash is always better... right?

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
SPEAKING of female smashers...

Some of you guys are really sad when it comes to talking to them on here....

Don't make me bust out some examples, but seriously, just find any of the girl smashers on here, and I GUARENTEE you they will have about 5 pages of comments based on really pathetic sucking up and/or flirting, or people are so desperate for female interaction they pester the hell out of them for battles.

I am serious, find a female smasher on here, bonus points if you snag a popular one, and just read the comments.

It OOZES of kindergarden flirting.
Oh really? I've yet to see this, except for people who go out of their way to appear more girly (such as picking a feminine screen name, and always typing in pink text)

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Women belong in the kitchen
Why do people find this funny?

It seems that people on the internet just love making sexist and racist comment jokes... I personally don't think it's funny at all.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Yes... wow you must have been reading a lot of topics to catch me there, lol. I do MOST of my posting in guilds... I don't really enjoy the rest of the forum all of that much... way too much bashing. -_-

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
Yes... wow you must have been reading a lot of topics to catch me there, lol. I do MOST of my posting in guilds... I don't really enjoy the rest of the forum all of that much... way too much bashing. -_-
Well you know, I AM quite SLY with my posting and a bit SAVVY over there...

So...

:bee:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom