• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Smashers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samochan

Smash Master
i do believe girls shouldnt play video games but i dont like making fun of them
its not like its their fault, they didnt chose to be girls
Now this is plain sexism

"lol you're female, you must not workout"

"lol you're male, you must not cook your food"

See how idiotic this is? And if you tried to be funny, it definitely wasn't so. >_>

But it's okay to be idiotic, after all you didn't choose to be a male. <_< (see I can do this too)

Crystallion

Smash Ace
Maybe she just changed her main in Melee >_>

@vall3y: ......... I died a bit on the inside when I read your post. I think you just wanted to crack a joke, but let me tell you: you failed miserably. >_>

Samochan

Smash Master
Maybe she just changed her main in Melee >_>

@vall3y: ......... I died a bit on the inside when I read your post. I think you just wanted to crack a joke, but let me tell you: you failed miserably. >_>
Yea I changed mah main to Peach, kirby just didn't cut it and now that I'm more experienced, I can hardly move as kirby since he sucks so much.

And Commander Blitzkrieg, I added that last paragraph to spite Vall3y and use his own words against him, to show him how sexism is not funny and/or how his joke failed miserably due to the lack of joking or sarcastic tone/implications on his post. As if females didn't have the same rights to enjoy videogames as much as males do, they're as much entertainment as movies and music. Heck, some videogames are specifically made to target female audience, like barbie games (for the lack of better example in my mind *shudders*).

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
And Commander Blitzkrieg, I added that last paragraph to spite Vall3y and use his own words against him, to show him how sexism is not funny and/or how his joke failed miserably due to the lack of joking or sarcastic tone/implications on his post.
I thought your comments about being male were funny.

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
Oh! I meant Melee, sorry. lol.
Get out.

Just get out.

NOW.

We don't need "Melee > Brawl" crap in a thread dedicated to the female portion of our community, even if it is just a joke. They deserve to have their thread nice and clean, and not bogged down with stupid crap like this.

Also, hi. :D

I've played against female Smashers, and they're quite good. More power to ya, girls!

Iron Thorn

Smash Lord
Going to Gamelon. I'm taking the Triforce of Spag
Get out.

Just get out.

NOW.

We don't need "Melee > Brawl" crap in a thread dedicated to the female portion of our community, even if it is just a joke. They deserve to have their thread nice and clean, and not bogged down with stupid crap like this.

I've played against female Smashers, and they're quite good. More power to ya, girls!
You're such a gentleman ^////^

blayde_axel

Smash Master
Get out.

Just get out.

NOW.

I. Wasn't about to make a Melee > Brawl arguement. I was just saying was that me and the girl were playing Melee. That's all. SO could you please know what you're talking about before you get mad? Thank you.

Dark Nemesis

Smash Apprentice
What is worng with girls playing video games?

You know, I could put a massive wall of text full of flaming flame words, but since this is a special thread for female smashers, I will keep it short:
Playing video games does not mean you have to be a boy. Period.

On-topic: I've played against a couple of female Smashers, and they are just as good as male Smashers. Some of you are even better. I've seen girls topping the ladders on AiB, and that's impressive.
You girls definitely deserve more respect.

+9000 on the respect scale.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Get out.

Just get out.

NOW.

Overreact much? Sounds like a guy pandering to the females for attention.

Staco

Smash Champion
Gaki is a female smasher
she is top with toon link and is the best european player at smashrankings.com ;)

Samochan

Smash Master
Gaki is a female smasher
she is top with toon link and is the best european player at smashrankings.com ;)
Really? Never heard of another good female smasher on europe. >_>

But I also heard it's no biggie to get a good ranking on smashranking, so bwah. <_< I'd hardly call her the best european player (*cough*brawl*cough*)simply due to her placing on smashrankings, especially since she doesn't seem to go to any tournaments either.

Cecilia K.

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, it stinks because I can't play in any tournaments because I can't get anywhere. Seriously, I mean it.

:[

The only way I'd be able to play people with is my friend (in Melee) or Brawl Online (LOL)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
On-topic: I've played against a couple of female Smashers, and they are just as good as male Smashers. Some of you are even better. I've seen girls topping the ladders on AiB, and that's impressive.

+9000 on the respect scale.
You know, giving them more respect just because they're girls defeats the entire purpose of not being sexist.

Being sexist in a posittive manner is still sexism. -_-;; just give them respect if they're a good player, and don't if they're not, or whatever you give respect for.

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Ugh, it stinks because I can't play in any tournaments because I can't get anywhere. Seriously, I mean it.

:[

The only way I'd be able to play people with is my friend (in Melee) or Brawl Online (LOL)
That sucks.

By the way, whenever I see you post I hear this song in my head:

Cecilia you're breakin' my heart
You're shakin my confidence daily
Whoa Cecilia I'm down on my knees
I'm beggin you please to come home
Come on home (repeat)

Makin' love in the afternoon with Cecilia
Up in my bedroom (makin' love)
I got up to wash my face
And when I come back to bed someone's taken my place

Cecilia you're breakin' my heart
You're shakin my confidence daily
Whoa Cecilia I'm down on my knees
I'm beggin' you please to come home

Jubilation she loves me again
I fall on the floor and I'm laughing
Jubilation she loves me again
I fall on the floor and I'm laughing

Staco

Smash Champion
I dont think that gaki is the best european player only because smash rankings
maybe the best female? ^^
I never heard about another european female pro

Roller

Smash Legend
You know, giving them more respect just because they're girls defeats the entire purpose of not being sexist.

Being sexist in a posittive manner is still sexism. -_-;; just give them respect if they're a good player, and don't if they're not, or whatever you give respect for.
What YOU call sexism, I call chivalry. =)

Samochan

Smash Master
I dont think that gaki is the best european player only because smash rankings
maybe the best female? ^^
I never heard about another european female pro
I can hardly think someone who never goes to tourneys would be good. <_> You just don't get the same experience on laggy wifi that you get on tourneys where the real skilled people are and play serious. And amazing players don't suddenly sprout out of nowhere, even with brawl mindgames and experience take years to develop unless they've already done that on melee and the females here don't play melee on high level, sadly. :/

Dark Nemesis

Smash Apprentice

I never said I respected them for their gender. Just read the whole darn post again. You sould be able to see that I was reffering to those who are topping AiB ladders.

To the guy who talked about sucking up: Explain? I know what you mean (and it's not true if you were referring to my post), but I'd love seing you put it into words. :)

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I never said I respected them for their gender. Just read the whole darn post again. You sould be able to see that I was reffering to those who are topping AiB ladders.

To the guy who talked about sucking up: Explain? I know what you mean (and it's not true if you were referring to my post), but I'd love seing you put it into words. :)
I've seen girls topping the ladders on AiB, and that's impressive.
I dunno, seems kinda like respecting for their gender to me =)

Dark Nemesis

Smash Apprentice
Dark Nemesis said:
I've played against a couple of female Smashers, and they are just as good as male Smashers. Some of you are even better. I've seen girls topping the ladders on AiB, and that's impressive.
Cutting out the two first sentences was a clever move.

I think someone topping the AiB ladder impressing, no matter what gender you are, and that's the way I meant it when I wrote the post.
The only reason i said "You girls need more respect" is because some guys make fun of them (not seriously, though), saying girls can't play video games.

And when some of them are better than most of you guys here....

And that was pretty much my point. But I still catch your drift. Sucking up is bad, and that's why I' going on the defensive right now, so don't take any offense.

*Looks at location*

I don't think you chose to be a suicide bomber either. You have to be considering your location and my linear baseless knowledge.
sarcasm over

This is how stupid rationalizing is on the internet. What I can't get is how people try to praise women as an upper individual (Even though they really aren't doing anything wrong. Or at least they don't mean to), thinking that they need to be directed to and given more attention. I'm pretty sure that everyone should just gain the same recognition instead of pointing it out.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
Yea I changed mah main to Peach, kirby just didn't cut it and now that I'm more experienced, I can hardly move as kirby since he sucks so much.

And Commander Blitzkrieg, I added that last paragraph to spite Vall3y and use his own words against him, to show him how sexism is not funny and/or how his joke failed miserably due to the lack of joking or sarcastic tone/implications on his post. As if females didn't have the same rights to enjoy videogames as much as males do, they're as much entertainment as movies and music. Heck, some videogames are specifically made to target female audience, like barbie games (for the lack of better example in my mind *shudders*).
hey whos kidding? i just know theres probably a reason 99.5% of competitive gamers are males
now see how i used the word should not and not must not. if a female wants to play videogames so be it, but thats a field that belongs to men, just like soccer or football belong to men, and just like some things are considered more feminine thus men shouldnt deal with it
and my last sentence, that was referring to the women jokes from the beginning of the thread, so i was actually talking in favor of females. i dont understand whats the big deal. see, thats one more thing i really hate about 'girls playing videogames' - it always becomes a big mess if you just say the slightest could be negative thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom