• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Smashers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XaioXang

Smash Rookie
Also for you girls, should guys go easy on you in a tourney match or give it their all? I haven't played a girl in tourney yet so thought I'd check before hand
I would say no. Personally, the one thing I cannot stand is a guy taking it easy one me. Or anyone for that matter. The way I see it, is if the person I am playing feels as though they must go easy on me, the I would rather not fight them. Because it tells me. " I am better than you because I can play toy around with you for fun." Don't get me wrong I play constantly with my boyfriend and he likes to play around with me. He will openly admit it, and I don't like it. But I will not bite anyone's head off over it. If I want a good match I know he will give it to me. Chances are, if I do find someone toying with me or going easy, then I will ask them politely to maybe fight me again, and give it their all. I would rather be completely crushed by someone, than babied. Because at least when I get beat, no matter how bad. I learn from it. You learn the most by losing. So, I would tell you to give it your all. Especially in a tournament. I understand that the point of going is to have fun but don't give away your chance at winning because someone has boobs. :] Also if she is there in a tournament, chances are she either knows what she is doing, or is like me and wants to improve. As long as the two of you have fun brawling I see no reason to take it easy. :D

Ange

Smash Lord
Also for you girls, should guys go easy on you in a tourney match or give it their all? I haven't played a girl in tourney yet so thought I'd check before hand
WHY would a guy ever do that? Seriously, just because Im a girl playing Smash or any other game doesnt make me special and/or less talented.

We are all gamers, gender does not matter in any case.

The answer is no, to your question. Never go easy on someone in a tournament just cause theyre a girl.

Im not a girl Smasher, Im a Smasher. Just like anyone else here.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
We are all gamers, gender does not matter in any case.
If you let me win, I'll buy you dinner. ;)

/rly bad joke.
Has anyone ever asked you something like that? :laugh:

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
It's dumb that most guys in their "natural environment" have no idea how to treat girls that become a part of it. "Ohh she doesn't have a ****, how do I approach this situation?". Idk why people do that. It's simple, no need to over think it. Competition is competition. Girls have the same capability as guys do. If it does take more effort, then be it. Being female isn't a handicap, it's a gender. It's like playing easy on someone because of their race. Just dumb.

I would assume its the same the other way around, but I've never checked. I mean, what would girls do if they say a guy at a beauty pageant or something? I'm sure there have to be at least a FEW guys that go to spas and stuff like that.

Unrelated, but it kidna makes me go: " ._. " when I see guys trying to get attention from girls.
I mean sure, thats how life works, but still. >_>
It's so..... >_< Blah, annoying.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Right Said Fred was formed from a bunch of guys who went to a Health Spa along with the owner of the Spa.

So yes.

And meh Girls are pretty welcoming of Guy's entering into their comfort zone. Although they do pretty much just assume they're gay. : D

Nicole

Smash Champion
If you let me win, I'll buy you dinner. ;)

/rly bad joke.
Has anyone ever asked you something like that? :laugh:
I LOL'd.

A guy at a tournament let me know that I looked very pretty once. I LOL'd at that too.

Samochan

Smash Master
I saw 3 other girl smashers on germany smash attack tournament, not including myself. :3 But the trend was kinda... well, the uglier the girl, the better smasher. Not that the other girls were ugly but I wasn't nearly as pretty as them and I played the best. <.< Well, I also teamed with a person named Sanchan (see my own nick lol).

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL Samochan that's kinda shallow but I definitely see where you're coming from... ahaha...

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
It's dumb that most guys in their "natural environment" have no idea how to treat girls that become a part of it. "Ohh she doesn't have a ****, how do I approach this situation?". Idk why people do that. It's simple, no need to over think it. Competition is competition. Girls have the same capability as guys do. If it does take more effort, then be it. Being female isn't a handicap, it's a gender. It's like playing easy on someone because of their race. Just dumb.

I would assume its the same the other way around, but I've never checked. I mean, what would girls do if they say a guy at a beauty pageant or something? I'm sure there have to be at least a FEW guys that go to spas and stuff like that.

Unrelated, but it kidna makes me go: " ._. " when I see guys trying to get attention from girls.
I mean sure, thats how life works, but still. >_>
It's so..... >_< Blah, annoying.
QFT.

The best John is when a guy fails to beat me and to cover his *** he'll say "next time I won't go easy on you." Such B.S. :chuckle:

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I'll quit if I find out a guy's going easy. No contest until you play me how I deserve to be played. It might sound bad, but I don't play to be cute, I play to be competitive. And I'll never beat you if I don't play you 100%. :)

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Whether it's true or not nobody wanted you to say it. You see it leaves everyone in the thread in a rather unenviable predicament. Either admit you suck or admit you're ugly.

What to do, what to do... :(
I find girls often view themselves in a negative light, particularly when it comes to physical beauty. Even if she says she's not good-looking, she's hardly an impartial judge of her own looks.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha, oh my gosh, will this turn into a sociological discussion about female self worth?

In short... mirrors... magazines... poor self-esteem... I wish more girls had better role models... etc

Don't wanna get into this :) but girls need their emotional support.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
I find girls often view themselves in a negative light, particularly when it comes to physical beauty. Even if she says she's not good-looking, she's hardly an impartial judge of her own looks.
Haha, oh my gosh, will this turn into a sociological discussion about female self worth?

In short... mirrors... magazines... poor self-esteem... I wish more girls had better role models... etc

Don't wanna get into this :) but girls need their emotional support.
Haha. It's not low self esteem or lack of positive role models in the slightest. It's much simpler then that. It's a trap! They just want to trick you into saying they're beautiful. Never underestimate the extent of a woman's ego. ;)

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Haha. It's not low self esteem or lack of positive role models in the slightest. It's much simpler then that. It's a trap! They just want to trick you into saying they're beautiful. Never underestimate the extent of a woman's ego. ;)
Not true for all cases. There are girls with real problems.

strawhats

Smash Master
I'll quit if I find out a guy's going easy. No contest until you play me how I deserve to be played. It might sound bad, but I don't play to be cute, I play to be competitive. And I'll never beat you if I don't play you 100%. :)
:laugh: That was too good.

Anyway I don't go easy on anyone, not even my sister whose pretty good at the game.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
Cept I didn't refer myself as ugly, but simply uglier than those other pretty girls/not as pretty as them. :p So mwah.
Haha but that wouldn't be nearly as awkward. Allow me artistic license pretty please?

Not true for all cases. There are girls with real problems.
Of course there are people with real problems. Who could dispute that. But most people in the world get by just fine.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Those people are the ones who need reaching out to, though. Maybe I'm just a kind soul :)

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
Of course there are people with real problems. Who could dispute that. But most people in the world get by just fine.
Self image problems aren't immediately obvious. Most tend to try and bury them inside themselves. Sure, they may be able to function in society, but these issues may be more common than you might think. There is some truth behind all the studies and reports on how prevalent low self-esteem issues are.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace
I don't get it...

topping... like pizza toppings?
Gah I forget the internet is like 99% Amerikhan.

Topping is sometimes slang for killing.

Self image problems aren't immediately obvious. Most tend to try and bury them inside themselves. Sure, they may be able to function in society, but these issues may be more common than you might think. There is some truth behind all the studies and reports on how prevalent low self-esteem issues are.
*Yawn*

Trust me I don't need a lecture on how depression works. Nor does that even apply to the situation sir. You're talking about people who bottle it up and never show it on the outside whereas earlier we were discussing people who talk openly about it. It's a completely different situation and state of mind. :)

Darknid

Smash Journeyman
Why do female smashers make a big deal out of being female? Video games aren't a physical activity..Men don't have a natural advantage. Also, why are there womens' chess leagues?

EC_Joey

Smash Lord
*Yawn*

Trust me I don't need a lecture on how depression works. Nor does that even apply to the situation sir. You're talking about people who bottle it up and never show it on the outside whereas earlier we were discussing people who talk openly about it. It's a completely different situation and state of mind. :)
I was simply commenting on your view that "most people in the world get by".

Ladybug

Smash Lord
I don't get it...

topping... like pizza toppings?
I laughed at this because I knew what Xiahou Dun meant and it just kinda slipped out. XD

I wish more girls had better role models... etc
You mean like... Paris Hiton?!? Omg I've like, tried so hard to be just like her and I figured that the best places to get the most action was at smashfest. Puts a whole new meaning on "smashfest". ;)

BTW, I concur. These are the reasons I get along better with guys than girls. (And that was sarcasm, I know it's the internet and I've had more than one person mistake what I was trying to say.)

Why do female smashers make a big deal out of being female? Video games aren't a physical activity..Men don't have a natural advantage. Also, why are there womens' chess leagues?
I dunno. Since chess is such an intellectual sport, does that mean they figure women are intellectual enough to play with men, or is it the other way around? It's either an insult or a compliment...

Female smashers make a big deal because a lot of the time, the guys make the big deal first. That's a common occurance at any WSVG, Quakecon, or MLG you go to. I once went with a boyfriend, and got hit on with him standing right next to me. Like "OMG you play CS? No way, you're a CS tourney mod?! No way, you play? You wanna hang out later?" "Um, I believe I'm dating the guy standing right next to me."

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
I LOL'd.

A guy at a tournament let me know that I looked very pretty once. I LOL'd at that too.

He went home and cried. Next time you should say thanks :)

And to ladybug getting hit on with your boyfriend standing right next to you, Just says that giuys who [play smash play it WAY to much to know much about women ;)
Half joking I know a few here that slay at smash and do great at tournies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom