• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female Smashers!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ange

Smash Lord
What the hell, thats the lamest forum Ive ever seen.

Their banner is extremely stupid. Its like saying "Hi! We're girl Brawlers, we only use female characters!".

<_<

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
Haha, they also forgot armored Samus.

Anyway, I liked the banner because I remember around March of last year, I was only using the female characters in Melee because it was fun... xD

My Zelda and Puff got so good, **** choknater you ****.

Ladybug

Smash Lord
Yeah, dont you know? When you're a girl you can only play cute characters and all the cute characters are girls! *giggles* /sarcasm

I did the same thing with Jiggs in melee. :D She was the **** in the game, underrated, but the **** none-the-less.

Ange

Smash Lord
LOL

The flaws in their banner makes me laugh.

If they added Jiggs, they could have just added Kirby, for the pinkyness.

Ivysaurs gender ratio is 87.5% male/12.5% female. Its likely its a male.

Ange

Smash Lord
:goomba:LOL I was just going to post this http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/002.shtml and techically there is a 75% percent chance Jigglypuff is female http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/039.shtml... I am just surprised they remembered her and Nana. :goomba:
Hah, nice! I actually went to Serebii.net to look up Ivysaurs gender ratio, since I wasnt sure about the exact numbers.

Guys we should ****ing raid that place..>_>

who's with me?
You can have my tjolts. Im in. :mad:

Al_G&W

Smash Rookie
Female :D
And to be honest, i don't know hundreds of girls who play it, but about 10 or so girls that i know also play it, maybe because boyfriends/guy mates play it, but whatever the reason we're all pretty obsessed by it

Moon of the Strawberries

Smash Journeyman
And to be honest, i don't know hundreds of girls who play it, but about 10 or so girls that i know also play it, maybe because boyfriends/guy mates play it, but whatever the reason we're all pretty obsessed by it
Agreed, but I also realized whatever girl gamers I find around here more likely than none love smash. It's like a nessesity.

Snaaaaake

Smash Rookie
Actually I don't even know 10 persons (female and male) in RL who play Brawl.
But I know, what you all mean. The only female smasher I know plays Brawl, because her boyfriend does.

I personally don't like making a big drama about being female and playing video games.
So maybe there are other people feeling the same like me and that's the reason why everybody thinks there aren't any female smashers out there.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I thought this thread was locked. :o lol

It's been half a year since I've played Smash. I don't know if I am getting rusty or not.

Prawn

Smash Master
Hey, I don't want this to seem degrading or bad at all but I sort of have a valid question.

When I attend a smash event and see female brawlers there, especially "attractive" ones, is there a way to approach them without seeming creepy?

I approach girls otherwise fine, but I always feel weird at a tournament because I know that every other guy there(especially the ones without social lives), probably have been trying to do the same thing. I don't know, I've had a lot of girlfriends but have always wanted one that played games, ESPECIALLY one that I play a lot(aka Brawl).

I guess I'm just wondering, do you get approached at events? If so is it always creepy and awkward? Would you rather not be approached?

Again, sorry if this seems demeaning at all :p

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Hey, I don't want this to seem degrading or bad at all but I sort of have a valid question.

When I attend a smash event and see female brawlers there, especially "attractive" ones, is there a way to approach them without seeming creepy?

I approach girls otherwise fine, but I always feel weird at a tournament because I know that every other guy there(especially the ones without social lives), probably have been trying to do the same thing. I don't know, I've had a lot of girlfriends but have always wanted one that played games, ESPECIALLY one that I play a lot(aka Brawl).

I guess I'm just wondering, do you get approached at events? If so is it always creepy and awkward? Would you rather not be approached?

Good thing to bring up. When I went to my first tourney, that is all it was. One guy after another wanting to ask me questions about a lot of stuff. I am very discreet, and don't like standing out. But when you are the only girl around a group of guys, it is natural that you won't be left alone. Most girls like that attention, but I don't.

Xiahou Dun

Smash Ace

Well you could try the whole "Hey sup" *Plays Brawl and talks to girl completely normally* business, and then doing the "Approaching" later and not as soon as you meet that person. I'm quite a fan of that one myself. If that doesn't work I suggest you start with an *** slap the next time.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
It is easier for me to relate to guy gamers who don't treat me like some random chick. I am very down-to-earth and tomboyish. They are always so scared of saying the wrong things, apologizing after every joke or taking back things that they assume offended me. It's pretty funny looking at that.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
I am extremely attracted to girls that are better than me at games? Any girls here like that for guys?
Not really. lol

It is never about the game. It is just an activity, whether you do it on your own or play together, it's just a game. Of course, it will be easier to relate to each other. My bf and I have the same tastes in gaming. Fighters, RPGs, and what not.

I always did play games but he influenced me since I've met him. Since then, I've been playing video games avidly. He and I are at the same skill level in Smash, I just had a lot more time playing the games so of course that would make him a better player than me.

Sade

Smash Cadet
Oh god, I like how active this topic is.

But yeah, I'm the only female competitive brawler in my area iirc. Haven't actually met any female smashers/brawlers either.

Lythium

underachiever
BRoomer
Oh god, I like how active this topic is.

But yeah, I'm the only female competitive brawler in my area iirc. Haven't actually met any female smashers/brawlers either.
I don't know anyone either, really. The first tourney I went to had two other girls there, one of them placing in the finals. However, I don't know of any girls that actively play Smash. 'Tis a shame.

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Yeah, which is why I like to make a big deal out of wifi gaming, even if it is bad. I'm in Georgia, and there is alot of them, but they are normally at tournaments, and I don't really go to those much.

Prawn

Smash Master
I think someone should make a smashboards "Find A Date" thread.

haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom