• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Falco's Match-Ups IMO

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Dude, DEHF I don't know if anybody has addressed this, but why do you believe Falco has an advantage over Kirby and ROB? Im not disagreeing with you, I'm just curious because both of those matchups are said to be 40:60.

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
Dude, DEHF I don't know if anybody has addressed this, but why do you believe Falco has an advantage over Kirby and ROB? Im not disagreeing with you, I'm just curious because both of those matchups are said to be 40:60.
Falco beats Kirby on the ground and doesn't do bad against him in the air. Kirby's strong points in the match up is that he can kill Falco early with fsmash and he can use Falco's laser ability against him. Pretty much Kirby is MK without the speed or range. His kill moves are stronger than MK's, but they're harder to land.

Rob is so big that you can rack up damage on him easier than most characters, his air speed and not have a good aerial that hits downward makes it easy for him to get juggled. If Rob doesn't get a gimp off, it's really hard for him to get a kill on Falco. His strong points in the match up is his edge guarding and that he out ranges Falco, eveything else Falco does just as well or better.

Brawlin

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the reply DEHF. Ill try to use your advice when I'm fighting them. I usually have problem fighting against them.

erick gm14

Smash Ace
kirby doesnt have much ways to kill. his smashes are predictable and his bair is avoidable. jab stops his smashes since its faster. but kirbs doesnt have much mobility since hes a floaty. wait for them to dish out the smash attack, shield it (gotta predict it) and u kill em. and watch for the swallow, easy kill/SD for him.

as for rob. sh>nair>ff is VERYY good vs it since hes so big like larry mentioned. up close u have to be on dostance for your jab to pretty much shut down his attacks. if ur too far your get ftilted or somethin. your camping game>rob. dont get hit by nairs pretty much watch rob when hes in the air approaching you.

-KiD

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
I'd probably use either MK, Wario, or Diddy if I have that much of a problem against Pikachu.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
If you guys want ill record a set of my falco vs the second best pikachu player in the country at the moment to show you guys how it works.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Based on personal experience, I agree with Sheik. Can you explain it, though?

If you guys want ill record a set of my falco vs the second best pikachu player in the country at the moment to show you guys how it works.
Who might that be?

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
yeah I kinda over exaggerated that one, it's probably closer to even.

Albert.

Smash Master
great thread

What reasons do you think for DDD and DK not getting as badly ***** by Falco?

It just seems that Falco has such hard frame advantage on both characters in basically all situations &&& obviously better camping

Not disagreeing, just curious

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
great thread

It just seems that Falco has such hard frame advantage on both characters in basically all situations &&& obviously better camping

With some extremely careful and smart playing they could avoid getting slaughtered. It's not a near-guarenteed win if they choose one of those characters vs Falco.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdM1MIArM4g

DEHF

Smash Champion
NNID
larrlurr
great thread

both characters need to be taken to a pretty high % in order to be killed by Falco and both can kill Falco pretty early. That's mainly it, those characters both have a lot room to make mistakes because of their heavy weight where Falco is fairly light can be kill around 100 or less
larry when will you admit that falco ***** mk and is a much better character?
when falco gets 5 jumps :)

Choice

Smash Champion
falco should have 5 jumps, a glide, and be able to fly in his ship.

EpixAura

Smash Journeyman
His forward smash should be calling up Obama and asking him a favor. A helicopter flies by and picks up Falco to fly him to safety as another helicopter drops a thermonuclear bomb on the stage. This completely destroys the entire stage, and Falco jumps out of the helicopter with a jetpack so he doesn't have to land on the stage. This is advantageous to Falco since the stage was nuked to oblivion.
Frames used in attack: 1

shieldbreaker

Smash Rookie
His forward smash should be calling up Obama and asking him a favor. A helicopter flies by and picks up Falco to fly him to safety as another helicopter drops a thermonuclear bomb on the stage. This completely destroys the entire stage, and Falco jumps out of the helicopter with a jetpack so he doesn't have to land on the stage. This is advantageous to Falco since the stage was nuked to oblivion.
Sounds more like he should be calling bush to me.:cool:

seven7xenon

Smash Rookie
Metaknight would still win, he never needs to touch the stage.

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
/back on topic? xD

Anyone else think that sheik beats falco slightly? I think she does =(. TL seems more like 60-40..idk and what about individual PT mu's? And i'm really curious as to why larry thinks pit is 55-45 or even last time he talked to me on aim in thorough detail :).

Slain Avenger

Smash Ace
I think Sheik is evenish, it depends. I have a hard time fighting sheik in small stages, especially if they use zelda to get kills. Not impossible, but you have to be very careful/not get read.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
wth larry?

pit gets ***** by Falco...**** is definitely 60-40 at best

i think its 65-35 but thats Me

Shugo-Chan

Smash Lord
hmmm well it can't be that bad for pit i dont think lol falco can't camp pit..he has better tools to camp...and i think side b knocks him out of phantasm...um arrows can f*** his recovery..i'm pretty sure pit has a cg on falco as well. Idk what else i'm missing.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Look I've Play both sides of the matchup

-Fthrow CG has to be FRAME PERFECT and you will only get like 3-4 anyway...so Fthrow 2x -> shutter step fsmash is better

-Pit doesnt have the ability to keep falco away because his CQC game is lacking compared to falco
2 frame jab > 6 frame jab
falco grab range > pit trying to grab with his elbows

-nobody uses Pit side b...lol

- 2 lazers in 1 short hop > 1 arrow in a short hop

Falco definitely out camps pit

Falco's chaingrab on pit is infinitely better than Pits CG on falco

I think we have a better reflector (At times) but its hard trying to figure out when and when not to reflect

also a refelcted arrow does 11 damage...lol

Top Bottom