• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Falco Q&A

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
i thought you would know how much he had improved since you played with him all the time before summer. maybe he's still improving from secret sessions with ammon, but definitely not a drastic improvement over such short period of time.
I meant in hawaii. I know where his skill was when he left. Hes been sayin hes gotten alot better since he left. Just wondering if you have noticed any change from when he got there to nowish when hes leavingish

TerenceLau

Smash Ace
I meant in hawaii. I know where his skill was when he left. Hes been sayin hes gotten alot better since he left. Just wondering if you have noticed any change from when he got there to nowish when hes leavingish
no, not really. but i haven't played him in a while.

Ocho(*8*)

Smash Ace
So you know that pillaring frome data in the OP. I don't suppose anyone has data like that except for nair pillars do they?

Or just, is nairing safer?

Alukard

Smash Hero
smooth mogwai i didn't know that ... i wish i knew **** about melee ... then i would be 100000x times better ... seriously ... i thought dair was better lmfaooo

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I've noticed that I've been pillaring with shine and bair. I don't know much about other than it looks cool, which doesn't actually help me much at all lol
What are the pros and cons of pillaring with bair after shine? I think it eats shields...idk.
Help plz.

Meneks

Smash Lord
I've noticed that I've been pillaring with shine and bair. I don't know much about other than it looks cool, which doesn't actually help me much at all lol
What are the pros and cons of pillaring with bair after shine? I think it eats shields...idk.
Help plz.
I guess some of the pros could be you can space the bairs so that they can't shield grab you but you can do that with nairs..

Idk the cons since i don't shield pressure like that

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Help plz.
Well, except in spacie dittos, you can start your pillar on the front and cross to the back with a bair to if you are consistent it will be hard to get punished for it. They will probably have to roll.

and yea it its up shield and can shield poke. Mix it up. Try some shine>jc grabs

Alukard

Smash Hero
hey mogwai ... what is the worst a fox can do to u when ur falco ??

this way i'll learn sumthing for both match ups lol

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Does nair REALLY produce more shieldstun than dair?

REALLY?!

I never ever would have guessed. It's one reason I always used dair

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Wow that's a good thing to know lol

Anyway I have a question:

When the opponent is on the lower platforms, is it better to harass them with Shffl'd Uairs or jump and shine their shield then waveland onto the platform?

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
yarly, it's based 100% on damage, so nair's higher damage = more shieldstun.

Are you sure? I checked it in training mode and Nair does the same exact amount of damage that Dair does. Maybe it's just related to the stale moves thing? :x

And I actually have the same question that stabbedbyanipple has. I don't know what to do vs. platform-camping happy players. Especially if they're Fox/Falco/Marf/Sheik >_<

noodles

Smash Champion
Im not 100% but i dont think moves get stale in training mode. I guess make sure the hitbox just got out or something when you go to check that.

AvengerAngel

Smash Journeyman
I did, and I'm sure they get stale (I checked it). I meant that during a match you use way more Dairs than Nairs for combos, therefore Dair gets stale faster than Nair does, and that's why Nair could cause more shieldstun :O

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
oh, well for some reason I thought nair did more damage. I honestly don't know damages for the most part since they decay and it's annoying to pay attention to. I probably thought dair did less damage cause I'm used to it always being decayed from using it so much :p

Anyway, nair is still better for shield pressure because it has 7 frames of lag l-canceled vs. dair's 9 frames, so even with shield stun being equal, it's a better option.

shine -> waveland gets rocked by most OoS options, so I go to the other low platform and shoot them, go to the top platform and approach from above, or harass with shffl uair. shine -> waveland is awesome in combos and when they miss techs, but if they're already in their shield these days, they'll see it coming and **** you for it. Falco is the best platform camper in the game cause he has both a gun and the best dair in the game, so you should just camp them back if they're platform camping. if they have a stock lead, harass as I said above.

In other news, I'm hopefully going to play PC Chris later this week and record some Falco dittos to put up onto the utoobs, so I'll keep you guys updated on that if it happens.

Mogwai

Smash Gizmo
BRoomer
I want to expect better of you, but I know not to
yea, I used to too, then I saw this:

the hitlag and shieldstun time depend entirely on the damage of the attack

the formulas are :

hitlag = (2 + damage/3) frames ; half of it when crouch cancelled.
shieldstun = (4.45 + damage)/2.235 frames

when you use a move a lot, its damage is reduced and so are the hitlag and shieldstun, and this makes them a bit less efficient at pressuring.
in Scotu's thread. At first I thought it made no sense from my experience with Melee, but then I thought about it and decided that it actually makes sense, so I buy it.

wool

Smash Ace
Ok this is completely off topic and is probably a noob question (so sorry in advance) but anyway here it is:

Let's say I am on FD and with Falco (obviously) and I do a shine then jump immediately afterward. I can do this quick enough so that the shine is visible, but stays out for the shortest amount of time because I am hitting jump on frame 2, 3, or 4 and since the earliest the jump animation starts is on 4, my shine is visible for the shortest amount of time possible.

Cool.

But when I do a shine which HITS a character, if I try and hit X immediately after it never registers. It seems like I have to hit X a bit later than I do when the shine doesn't hit a character. Result and problem: my shine stays out for a bit. I'm just wondering if this is what's supposed to happen, or is there a way to jump out of the shine (that hits the opponent) as quickly as you can jump out of the shine (that doesn't hit the opponent).
TY. :p

Top Bottom