• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

~ Fairy Fountain Research Thread: buhbye ol' chum ~

Status
Not open for further replies.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Best way to hit those Uairs is to trick your opponent into airdodging.

Instill FEAR in them!
Maaaan, baiting airdodges is so yesterday. We're talking about the sick new ways to kill with uair.

I'm telling you, SH uair approaches on tall characters are so good.

.........If they're ******** and don't know how to hit you first. Or shieldgrab. Or move out of the way.

sasook

Smash Champion
I'm telling you, SH uair approaches on tall characters are so good.

.........If they're ******** and don't know how to hit you first. Or shieldgrab. Or move out of the way.
Psch, of course there's a surefire way for that. Just unplug their controller.

lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You don't even need to do anything to hit people anymore... like, seriously... just stand in place somewhere beneath them or next to them, and random pick a time to do a strong move, and it will hit.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
You don't even need to do anything to hit people anymore... like, seriously... just stand in place somewhere beneath them or next to them, and random pick a time to do a strong move, and it will hit.
this theory is great...... except it ignores the startup time for uair xD

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Request to kaylo:

Any way of finding out the shield stun and hitlag of Nair? I want to know just how safe a RARd nair (or nair in general) is on shield followed by a dtilt from behind.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i love kataefi's determination to find new things

that's the kind of spirit that makes characters go up in the tier list

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
i love kataefi's determination to find new things

that's the kind of spirit that makes characters go up in the tier list
Kataefi is a slave driver to me and hotgarbage. :urg:

Jkjk, <3 Kata. I'll get to work on all this stuff, but I'm just warning you that I'm going to be really busy until Friday, soooo. Uh. Might not get done before then.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Chok don't believe a word she says... me? slavedriver? LOL! :laugh:

Kataefi is a slave driver to me and hotgarbage. :urg:
*whipslash*
back to work :mad: the pair of you! :mad:

Jkjk, <3 Kata. I'll get to work on all this stuff, but I'm just warning you that I'm going to be really busy until Friday, soooo. Uh. Might not get done before then.
yeah that's fine! at least you'll give it a good shot (unless you want to suffer my wrath) :mad::mad: =p but in your own time of course! Ooorrrr... you could somehow get me a PAL version of the debug code =)

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
I have a question about the bair kill percentages. I've hit some characters with bair over the kill percent and they still lived. Do those percentages take in account DI?

SuSa

Banned via Administration
Pokemon Trainer found something called Zero Lag Switch.

Would this work for zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zamus? I don't have my wii with me to test (at a friends house)

How to:
Pick X and go to Smashville. Go on the moving platform. If it is moving left, get on the right edge and switch. vice-versa.

You should fall off the platform and have 0 lag. Hence the name.

Just thought it'd be cool to you know... tell you guys about it.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Pokemon Trainer found something called Zero Lag Switch.

Would this work for zelda/Sheik and Samus/Zamus? I don't have my wii with me to test (at a friends house)

How to:
Pick X and go to Smashville. Go on the moving platform. If it is moving left, get on the right edge and switch. vice-versa.

You should fall off the platform and have 0 lag. Hence the name.

Just thought it'd be cool to you know... tell you guys about it.
That too complicated for me what is pick X?

SuSa

It's a variable.

He's just saying that "X" can be "Zelda" "Samus" "Sheik" or "ZSS."
Zamus can't transform back into Samus (besides Smashball, which isn't competitive so wouldn't matter anyways) but basically this without ZSS.

@ Almost

Picture:
_____ - platform
______________________ - Smashville
> - moving right
Z - Zelda

Z_____ >

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
person it would help the most is Samus becuase transforming has ridiculous lag.

Jump transform for Zelda and sheik is good enough most of the time anyway, but having more options is always nice

sniperworm

Smash Ace
I already tried applying the zero lag switch to Zelda/Sheik when I first heard about it last week and it doesn't work for Zelda/Sheik unfortunately.

If you attempt it with Zelda/Sheik, the game actually moves your swirly transformation animation back onto the platform as if to say, "nice try, but no."

EDIT: It doesn't appear to work for the Samus > ZSS transformation either. So it definitely has something to do with the unique way that the pokemon switch "transformation" occurs.

SuSa

Luckily it's not horribly important to you guys. Just thought it'd be interesting. lol

Apparently Sheik can fall off mid-way through the switch? I find that funny. :p Pretty useless, but funny.

Anyways, thanks for testing and the likes. I was curious.

sniperworm

Smash Ace
Luckily it's not horribly important to you guys. Just thought it'd be interesting. lol

Apparently Sheik can fall off mid-way through the switch? I find that funny. :p Pretty useless, but funny.

Anyways, thanks for testing and the likes. I was curious.
I actually think it would've been really important to Zelda/Sheik if it did work. Even though it doesn't work, thanks for bringing it up in an attempt to help us.

SuSa

I actually think it would've been really important to Zelda/Sheik if it did work. Even though it doesn't work, thanks for bringing it up in an attempt to help us.
It'd be another option, but you don't have to stay grounded like PT/Samus, so it's not as highly beneficial.

Also I do what I can to help everyone... except MK. :p Right now I'm hiding something from their board.... because it affects my main. <3

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Utilt frame data from the Sexy Poses! thread:

Startup: 1-9
Hitbox: 10-24
*Traveling hitbox. Hits at the front on frame 10, arcs overhead, and eventually hits at the back on frame 24.
Cooldown: 25-47
IASA: frame 48

Max Damage: 12% (fresh), 9% (stalest)

Changes hurtbox?: Very minimally
Net Movement: None
Type: 2D, Single Hit
This move has transcendent priority.

Hitlag: 14 frames
Shield Hitlag: 14 frames
Shield Stun: 6 frames
Shield Push: Moderate
Shield Disadvantage: -29 (first hitbox frame), -18 (end of hitbox on Mario)
*Tested fresh on Mario @ 0%
*Perfect shielding eliminates shield stun/push & normal shield drop frames.

# of hitboxes: 1 (rotating)
*Sends the opponent diagonally outward (primarily vertical) from Zelda based on point of rotation.

Knockback Information:

0% --> 60km/h
100% --> 126km/h

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
didnt read the entire thread, but I was testing the low hit trajectory of nair > sh dair as well as a nair > walk off dair it seemed pretty promising. at 100% i think it might be a true combo, situational spacing though.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Yeah this thread can come across as a bit crazy - thanks for trying some things out..I'll have a look into it tonight :)

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Dair frame data from the Sexy Poses! thread:

Startup: 1-14
Hitbox: 15-24
Cooldown: 25-44
IASA: frame 45
Autocancels: 40-44
Landing Lag: 21 frames

Max Damage: 5%/16% (fresh), 2-3%/7% (stalest)
*Does more damage when sweetspotted

Changes hurtbox?: Very minimally
Net Movement: None
Type: 3D, Single Hit

Hitlag: 7 frames
Shield Hitlag: 11 frames
Shield Stun: 5 frames
Shield Push: Minimal
Shield Disadvantage: -24
*Tested fresh on Mario @ 0%, first hitbox frame
*Perfect shielding eliminates shield stun/push & normal shield drop frames.

# of hitboxes: 2
*Hitbox 1 (sourspot) sends the opponent straight downwards (opponent in air) or causes a flinch (opponent on ground).
*Hitbox 2 (sweetspot) sends the opponent straight downwards (spike). Does not work on grounded opponents.

Knockback Information:

None.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Kataefi this is probably really minor but I was messing around in training mode with Pit at 130% and dair on a grounded Pit pops him up into the air.

I was able to do a dair>usmash or dair>utilt on my brother with him controlling Pit. Both usmash and utilt hit through airdodges.

I'm wondering if you could test if this is a true combo and whether it has enough hitstun/frame advantage for Zelda to fastfall into an usmash or utilt. If this has already been discussed I apologize I didn't read through this whole thread.

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I was messing around with that mars. It's not a true combo against opponents with quick aerials... but it's very close... in fact, I never tested whether Usmash might outprioritise said aerials. if you're opponent does make the wrong decision to airdodge then it's a free whatever. Just mix it in randomly at those percents and you'll find your opponent will pretty much DI it wrong and airdodge instinctively.

I'm working on something quite big. I just need hotgarbage to help me out. Kaylo you might be able to help me too. I'll PM you tomorrow morning my time probably.

KayLo!

3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
I'm working on something quite big. I just need hotgarbage to help me out. Kaylo you might be able to help me too. I'll PM you tomorrow morning my time probably.
Surely, good sir. I still have no idea what the time difference is.... what time is it for you right now? (And the date, because I'm slow and don't know which direction to go in. I can't think that hard. X.X)

Legendary Pikachu

Smash Ace
Hi all. Just visiting with a present for everybody. Oh hi Kaylo! Man... I needa visit this place some more... i play with Zelda many times too.

Anywayz, additional stuff for research:

I was wondering if you guys could make use of this new AT with pikachu? I'm teaming with my bro (arc-thefallen-, plays TL) and am going to advance the technique. Here's the original post AND video! ^_^ enjoy!

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8104088&postcount=14

Cool thing about this move is that it allows a INSTANTANEOUS NON-FASTFALLED d-air right in the middle of it. Works for those with laggy spike-moves with high fastfall risk.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
Hey Legendary Pikachu, I like your name but that link doesn't seem to work, lol. It just goes to a 404 for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom