• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

Rat

Smash Lord
I might go not really sure of my plans for next weekend. Considering it's only like 2-3 hours away and a good # of chicago people are going so I'd venture a 65% chance of Thunder, Lightning and Samus!

Aren't you like 10 hours away from Indiana?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yea the edges are almost as bad as battlefield, too.

AND I WILL SEE YOU AT JAB2 (if you're there)

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
I ♥ Stadium :'( I dunno why people decided to try to perfect an already perfect stage system. They ruined it.

Rat

Smash Lord
The only good change is Fire, mostly because you get a Free Charge Shot. Ground (or Rock) can do that to but The Foxhole is devastating.

Windmill helps you come down...sometimes. Plus you can cancel ground moves on it! Downsmash becomes much better without lag. Also you can Windmill on the Windmill for double points!

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
....yes, it is speculated that samus is indeed a homo sapien.

anyways...i've always thought that pkmn stadium was the stage that if you took advantage of the normal part of the stage you can win. Because of those platforms you can missile cancel like crazy.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
I am pretty sure it is not a stage you will really want to play against any high tiers.

Also Pokemon stadium is pretty bad for recovery too, grappling doesn't work as well as it does on the other stages.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
i love yoshi's story

it's just an awesome stage to play on

i don't really mind getting counterpicked there

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
YS is pretty good because they can't go above/behind and land on a platform during your edge guard. utilt hits them anyways.

Also, with good DI you still live for a while, hugs lived from lucky's mostly charged fsmash on the edge at ~120%

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
Samus being bad on YS is "common sense" that's held over from 2005, despite no longer being true. I think it's one of her (read: my) best stages.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
Base off of my gameplay, i need more space then what YS can provide. It all depends on the player i suppose....

Hyesz

Smash Journeyman
If you're VERY proficient with Super Wavedash, the Bomb OOS can have it's uses.

But as most people said, it's for mindgames.

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
If you're VERY proficient with Super Wavedash, the Bomb OOS can have it's uses.

But as most people said, it's for mindgames.
i use super wavedash for my gameplay. I've gotten so good at it ppl dont know what to expect: super wavedash or mindgames. But to be honest super wavedash doesnt help you in the slightest of ways.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
One time my friend was playing luigi and he did a WD and I said "Woah did you just SWD?" and then i layed a bomb. Ofc this takes 41 frames so during that time he said "nah" and then I SWDed past him and dsmashed him off the stage, saying "oh but I did".

ES Lite

The Real Slim Shady
One time my friend was playing luigi and he did a WD and I said "Woah did you just SWD?" and then i layed a bomb. Ofc this takes 41 frames so during that time he said "nah" and then I SWDed past him and dsmashed him off the stage, saying "oh but I did".
lol nice. I still remember in one of the spocs i went to, i was playing this fox and i killed him and he respawned but when he did i was swding back and forth i herd him say under his breath, "what the fu@k" and he didnt realize that his invincibility frames ran out so i swd to him, dsmash, bomb, nair, chased him into a d-tilt, u-tilt and edge-guarded him from there. I then won the match.

Rat

Smash Lord
Yoshi's story is very good for Samus, except against Marth (and maybe shiek).

The top platform is great. Fox and Falcon need to Dance around Samus which is hard on Yoshi's. The small size means they are off the stage sooner than later, which is great since Samus is really good at Edgeguarding.

My list of best neutral stages for Samus::
Dreamland
Yoshi's
FoD
Battlefield
Pokemon
FD (this is mostly because samus' platform traps are really good.)

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
For Samus as far a neutrals go, I would put it in a list of best to worst like this:

FD
DL
FoD//
//BF
PS
YS

I don't understand why anyone would rather play on YS than anything else. It just makes things harder

Top Bottom