• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters
Not gonna be able to go to PAX this year >_< sorry PCP

And I can't wait to get myself of that prime trilogy (drools...)
No I'm not going either... heh. but oh well.

yeah prime trilogy.. it'll be fun playing through them again I think.

except 3. jeez that game sucks. i'll still play through it anyway.

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Samuses of the boards, I would like to know how you place individually.
An average, or recent placings is fine.
I just want a feel of how badass you guys are lol

and don't worry if you don't place well
you're still badass
I went 3-3 in my singles pool at genesis, i didnt get out but i was satisfied with how i played. I lost to mango, light, and pockyD. And i beat JTB, another one of those fox players, and some other random guy.

The last tournament i hosted i got 7th out of 23 i think. Tied with Vish. The results from that tourney was something like (from 1st - 4th): eggz, bladewise, rohins, C!Z

Generally, in most tournaments i place in the top 20-30%. The only tournaments i've won is when nobody really good shows up haha.

Rat

Smash Lord
Marth, how the hell do you push him. It's like I always have to sacrifice space while waiting for him to jump. Then it comes to the situation where I have like one wave dash back length to the edge and I'm just ****ed. Marth just starts dash dancing and wavedashing in the middle of the stage. wtf am I supposed to do?

If I move towards the edge I'm ****ed as I've just put myself in a worse situation. If I run at him and shield he can just retreat. Then I'm ****ed again, he can wait for me to WD ooS, grab me, or just set up good spacing. If I wavedash in and Ftilt he can dodge, or shield. Even if I just wavedash in, if I time it wrong i'm getting hit with something. If I jump I'm ****ed because marth will just walk beneath you. I can't DD because I need the extra space behind to Wavedash. How the **** do you keep the middle of the stage against marth?

Falco, when falco has the edge wtf are the good options? Standing missile seems to work but is such high commitment.

Fox, how do you control the little *******. He's too **** fast. I just want him to shield so I can jab or grab him.

so I'm really tempted to post in every thread on this page asking if anyone's seen AIDS

been thinking about it for a couple of days

hm...

Pi

Smash Hero
Huh
I think the ask watty about anything is a samus general discussion type thread
But with a sub-get the ball rolling-topic of asking watty silly questions

Also

I hate mis-timing Utilt to punish SB from spacies

;|

When you get it, it's so tight

But more often than not they just SB right through my ******, o wow, they block vajayjay

**** man, I wanna play melee all the time!!!!

Also
Breaking shields w/ samus!
missile cancel on platforms -> run -> lay a bunch of bombs on them, or 2 and then dair
jajaja get shield breaked!

I think I'm gonna start doing this in jiggs matches, juss because it's a hell of a lot less risky than grabbing their shield

Rat

Smash Lord
Hugs is amazing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4wUWdZfFJE&feature=related

After watching this set again I wanted to post this video. The Match was really decided the previous game. But in this video holy cow this is some amazing samus playing. Some really really technical play. UpB (he doesn't tech), Shield drop backair! Jab, jab, Pivot Fsmash?! And the Forward smash at 0:58 then Shield?! When would that situation have ever come up before? How would you know to shield the Fair?

Also I think I saw what the shield dashing actually was. It's more of a "From Shield" Decision tree. Like how you are supposed to hold a basketball (I suck at that by the way). You can pass, dribble, or shoot. It's all in the positioning.

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
what do you mean by "high" and "soon"?

hugs has been placing high

i don't know about watty but i would think so

and didn't rat say he got like 2nd or 3rd or something

i don't know what phanna places but i think you would know?

corey is awol with life johns

darrel is doing pretty well for himself

dark mike has been inactive since genesis afaik but he's still up there

go for it

Pi

Smash Hero
top 3 in local tourneys, top 10 in big ones

>=|

and by soon i mean like
uh
idk
less say 2010, in that year
who's gonna be placin top 10 in big tournaments

Corigames

Smash Hero
I have a project
It is a cool video
My Samus owning

Soon it will be done
First there will be a teaser
It's supreme greatness

ThePrime

Smash Lord
Hey guys quick question. What is your opinion on rainbow cruise as a counterpick either for/against samus? I personally don't really like it, but does anybody know some useful tricks on that map?

edit: ^ looking forward to it coreygames, i too am working on something really big.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Rainbow cruise is a cool map to have handy.

My rule of thumb is if it's the third match, the better stages have been struck/played, and you don't know where to go then do either Floats or Cruise.

A lot of players just can't handle it. If anything, from the levels being so odd, it should be at least funny at some points and help keep your morale up.

Rappster

Smash Ace
NOOB QUESTION!
How do you switch between homing and super missiles? Does it just alternate?
i couldn't find the FAQs, but if its there, and if one of you would be kind enough to direct me to said FAQs, i would be extremely grateful

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
NOOB QUESTION!
How do you switch between homing and super missiles? Does it just alternate?
i couldn't find the FAQs, but if its there, and if one of you would be kind enough to direct me to said FAQs, i would be extremely grateful
It's like a tilt or smash attack. Tilt + B makes homing missiles, smash + B makes super missiles.

rhan

Smash Hero
Dtilt -> Charge Shot.

Is this legit? Or possibly be legit? I had a dream that I pulled the **** off and I woke up and had to change sheets.

Pi

Smash Hero
you guys better have already done this

THE FATE OF THE WORLD IS IN YOUR HANDS

http://www.gamespot.com/greatest-video-game-hero/vote/index.html
bull ****...

any way

low % dairs on spacies -> bomb reset -> dair -> stuff

Also
I'm having terrible trouble in the Peach Samus matchup
Also trouble in the jiggs but feel like I may be able to get around some of the gay **** (is this not the gayest matchup in the game? holy ****...)

Any way, Peach V Samus
What tha ****
It seems like such simple logic
But her dash attack is destroying me
Should I stay grounded in this fight?
I guess I could work tilts and all that
Maybe I should stop WDing and walk more...
Idk, what do you guys do against turnips?
When recovering?
When she's recovering?
What do you approach with, etc.
Throw some ideas my way, or things you've had success with
I generally get ***** off stage as well Zzzz
I do like the fact that her dash attack is shield grabable
It's like something samus mains miss out on lol

side note
is falco's side smash shield grabable?
I keep trying it and getting punished
so I guess no
but it's like...come onnnnnnn T.T

also, once again, jiggs samus matchup is so gay
o****
maybe i should try to punish after the 2nd bair in the bair spam wop bull ****
all my friend does is FH Bair my shield
then retreating bair
then repeat
and the ***** eats threw my ****!!

Doc matchup
what to do against pills?
I think i gonna try ftilting them
mwahaha
to practice i'll use this game!!!
>too many ninjas<

Tyserification

Smash Lord
vs. Peach - I like staying on the ground and throwing tilts and crap. Missles every now and then. Play smart and patient not willy nilly Im going to charge at your face. Shield turnips if shes gonna attempt something productive (float towards you), or just run away. Sometimes I like catching them but its not like it helps much. I recover normally but if I get hit by a turnip or something :'( DAT ASS hurts too. When shes off stage I attempt: Homing missle recovery -> ****. If it fails, poop. Simply trying to Ftilt/Utilt her works also but we all knew that . . . Approach safely. You gotta figure out what that means though >_< Space well or else also. Dont get dash attacked just because its annoying and is stupid.

vs. Falco's Fsmash - I never attempt shield grabbing with Samus O.O But anyways, this is what I do against this move: If he spaces it well, stay shielded or wavedash away. If he spaces it bad, UpB his ass.

vs. Jiggz - I dunno. Only good Jiggz player Ive ever played was Chexr and he obliterated me. Choose Fox XD

vs. Doc - Shield pills. Ftilt Doc since he cant do nothing about it.

Hope that helped in some way or another -.-

Pi

Smash Hero
yea i think i lost the art of ftilting
it's 2good
i'll start spamming it again to remind myself
i was usin it vs marth but now i juss wd->shield then sh nair oos when he fairs into me cause he does it too often lulz

TheLifeRuiner

Smash Lord
vs jiggz
CONTROL YOUR SPACE

even then...............................

i think vs peach there's a really good post Rat made on here a long while ago, as well as a couple other notes from posts... and i have it saved on my other computer....but i'm too lazy to go access it right now lol
if you want it i guess i can post the contents of it next time

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
That's really character and % dependent. Like, with Fox/Falco, you wouldn't be able to get the nair in before they hit the ground until like at least 60%.

bahamutz69

Smash Journeyman
sooo instead of being annoying and posting an entirely new thread like "ZOMG NEW SAMUS AT"
i mean its not new because ive read about it but ive never really seen it used
bomb dashing?
like when you bomb and the explosion sends you into the air you can airdodge/input most actions.
so say you dair>bomb>air dodge back to the ground>fsmash?
idk is the hit stun/mind game brain **** long enough to get another move in?
i know coreygames undoubtedly has some info on this, he has mad samus knowledge

Top Bottom