• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EXTENNNDUURRRRRR (samus gen. disc.)

What are your favorite moves?

• Total voters

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
sooo instead of being annoying and posting an entirely new thread like "ZOMG NEW SAMUS AT"
i mean its not new because ive read about it but ive never really seen it used
bomb dashing?
like when you bomb and the explosion sends you into the air you can airdodge/input most actions.
so say you dair>bomb>air dodge back to the ground>fsmash?
idk is the hit stun/mind game brain **** long enough to get another move in?
i know coreygames undoubtedly has some info on this, he has mad samus knowledge
Bomb resets on opponents who didn't tech can definitely work, but if they do tech then you lose any possibility of keeping pressure on them because you're stuck in the slow bomb animation. One good use of it though is to jump into someone's shield when they're on a platform, then bomb -> waveland -> grab/fsmash/jab cancel/whatever.

what about in a samus double?

in general, do you have any samus double tricks?
I can't check on %s right now (at work), but if you land an utilt on a grounded Samus and they don't cc it, it definitely leads into an aerial at low -> mid percentages. It's a meteor smash on grounded opponents, so it has a ****ton of stuntime. Like, yesterday I tried utilt -> charge shot on Fox in training mode, and it combo'd until like 140%.

can anyone find me the thread that has frame data on the extended grapple? I've been looking for it but cant find it :(
All the frame data you will ever need:
http://www.angelfire.com/games5/superdoodleman/frames.html
But as for the extender:
Extended grab

Total: 94
Grab: 18-41 or 42-57 or 59-94
You must press A during the grab
window to start grabbing; the grab
will continue the remainder of the
grab window . The grab-box is larger
until and including the last frame
before a big flash in the beam (for
the first grab window only)

Flashes: 21, 24, 27, 30, 33, 36, 39
Press L to home in

Tyserification

Smash Lord
sooo instead of being annoying and posting an entirely new thread like "ZOMG NEW SAMUS AT"
i mean its not new because ive read about it but ive never really seen it used
bomb dashing?
like when you bomb and the explosion sends you into the air you can airdodge/input most actions.
so say you dair>bomb>air dodge back to the ground>fsmash?
idk is the hit stun/mind game brain **** long enough to get another move in?
i know coreygames undoubtedly has some info on this, he has mad samus knowledge
Maybe its just me, but I think I found somewhere a while back that that is called "Wavebomb" or something along those lines. Rohins does this a shit ton or at least does it :p

Rat

Smash Lord
I'm starting to think Samus isn't completely terrible. Definitely not great but not horrible.

SAMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSE!

wavebombing is when your opponent is above you, shielding on a platform. you can bomb the shield and use the pop-up to waveland on the platform and grab or something.

that's probably just an application though.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
Gotta question. Is it safe to UpB Marth? Ive been doing it and it works but I dunno if the people I play just suck or if its magically delicious. Thanks.

the marth would have to suck kinda bad if his spacing is that bad.

but if you hit with it, I think it's unpunishable if you fast fall and DI away.

Tyserification

Smash Lord
the marth would have to suck kinda bad if his spacing is that bad.

but if you hit with it, I think it's unpunishable if you fast fall and DI away.
I knew someone was going to say something about the bad spacing thing. I guess I shoulda incdluded it in the first post but I thought the situation was obvious -_-

Pi

Smash Hero
**** man
samus is annoying to fight
think i gotta start approaching w/ dair more lol
***** keeps CCing me
or UBing me
samus is a samus counter!

Pi

Smash Hero
can you even swd out of abomb you juss landed?

I like to do it if you get people who juss shield camp cause they know you won't grab em
juss run up and bomb on their shield
or up air into bomb works pretty nicely idk why

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
You can use bombs for pressure but its not reliable. Its one of those sneak attack / mindgame things that you should do sparringly. And you cannot SWD if the bomb hits their shield or their person.

People who shield camp are douches. They will get "SNAGGLED!" (grabbed)

♥ Samus' grab

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
ur a heathen lite. im not ur friend anymore (pouting emoticon). jk. they prolly will win, but im gonna go looting if the philies win again.... hopefully. not a sports person.

the best thing to do against ppl who camp in their shields is nothing. no joke.

TresChikon

Smash Lord
Bombs are just far too slow.

I'd rather space tilts on their shield and wait for a reaction. Roll, jump, spot dodge, w/e they're all punishable.

Yeh and Lunar is right, against scrubby players, you can bank that they'll roll behind you or something stupid if you just stand and wait. Doing nothing is just too nerve wrecking for them

Nø Ca$h

Smash Champion
even if they do something smart you have ample time to react.

usually, they are used to shielding an attack. so the attack doesnt come and they wear their shield down, all while getting nervous about what to do because they realize time is running out. which makes them choke, causing a stupid, punishable decision.
wd oos is too important.

hey, what are some of samus' reliable oos options? and what are less reliable, mindgames or less expected oos things?

up-B is it usually for punishing misspaced attacks on your shield

on hella laggy attacks like Marth's fsmash, you can wavedash out to dtilt/dsmash

but yeah, mostly up-B

maybe wavedash behind them? that usually throws people off, but my friend's sheik just dsmashes me for it.

Corigames

Smash Hero
Whenever you bounce off the bomb explosion, you can semi-wavedash back down to the ground off of it. This alone isn't a great tactic, but does look cool if anything.

However, I would suggest that you can use this on a shield:
1) Press Down B while standing on or in their shield
2) The bomb should immediately appear and explode forcing you to bounce
3) Wavedash down to touch the ground and simultaneously break out of the morph ball form.
4) Either move away or repeat steps 1-3 until their shield breaks.

I believe I saw a video where this was used once, but the practicality is limited due to player ability to pull it off quick enough that reaction to the technique cannot be properly countered, being in a position to bomb a shield and not be grabbed or whatever, and that you have something planned for when you do back off or break their shield.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I'd charge a shot up (might as well, at low %s it takes forever to break out), then go with something like dair -> dtilt -> followup depending on their DI/weight (reverse fsmash if a spacie/falcon DIs behind you, aerial of some sort if they DI up/forward).

HiIH

Smash Lord
IHSB, I saw you in a teams match the other day on youtube do one of the coolest things ever. You Wavedashed OoS, dropped a bomb on a Marth's shield, used the jump from it to evade the shield grab and dair him to punish him.

It was too good. <3

EDIT-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJH889lI4Es

I also really like your team's name.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'm trying to pick up samus as a secondary/main because i like that patience is very rewarding.

First, is there a name for when you jab then crouch to cancel the jab animation and then jab again?

Also, Is it prudent to do jab then crouch before doing a ftilt or a WD or do the iasa frames on the jab work so that it isn't necessary?

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
I think I read that it was jab canceling. Thats what Ive been calling it for the past year or so at least, if Im wrong then that sucks -_-

As for the second question, I think you can simply do the move. Jab->Ftilt/Wavedash/Anything you want, no additional crouch needed (me tinkz?). IHSB or coreygames or someone more 'knowledgeable" will probably help you more.

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
IHSB, I saw you in a teams match the other day on youtube do one of the coolest things ever. You Wavedashed OoS, dropped a bomb on a Marth's shield, used the jump from it to evade the shield grab and dair him to punish him.

It was too good. <3

EDIT-http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJH889lI4Es

I also really like your team's name.
Yeah, "It Isn't Loli **** Unless You Can See The Outline of Your ***** in Her Abdomen" was an amazing team name, dashdancedan is too good for coming up with it.

I'm trying to pick up samus as a secondary/main because i like that patience is very rewarding.

First, is there a name for when you jab then crouch to cancel the jab animation and then jab again?

Also, Is it prudent to do jab then crouch before doing a ftilt or a WD or do the iasa frames on the jab work so that it isn't necessary?
Jab canceling is the right name. Though I find it easier, instead of crouching after each jab, to hold diagonally down and away/backwards and just time the button presses.
And as far as I know you just do the ftilt/wd, you don't have to press down.

Euclid

Smash Journeyman
I jab somewhat often against chars who are not Falco (lasers -_-), Marth (grab/sword -_-) or Ganondorf (fist -_-)

ihavespaceblondes

Smash Master
I think it works great on pretty much everyone besides Marth (he'll still be able to grab or fair you) or Sheik (I've seen HugS get faired out of it). As long as you're doing it to the front of Ganon's shield, he can't punch you out of it (or at least you can react to his jump and hit him before he fairs), and Falco will probably get stopped by the jab before he can laser/dair (and then you can dtilt/ftilt him).

Rat

Smash Lord
Uh... it works on Shiek. Maybe he was trying to Jab->Ftilt and got hit out of the Start-up on Ftilt.

Against Marth I'm pretty sure he can't grab you if you aim at the edge of his shield (it won't actually hit him, just his shield.) If you do Jab Marth it's probably best to Spot Dodge.

Picking up Samus is good and all, but she is a very unrewarding character. So have something you love to do with Samus. Maybe it will be Charge Shot combos or grabbing people or even grabbing people then doing a Charge Shot combo. (my personal favorite is UpB, even better is comboing UpB into UpB.))

Next I see you remind me to give you some advice (if you want it or whatever).

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Ok i will practice this. I love how samus is a slow deliberate and patient character, there isn't much complex about her gameplay, its like a chess match but harder :)

also ihsb, are you coming to any of the MWC events this season?

edit: and yea i would love some advice rat, thanks

Top Bottom