• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO WORLD - Fighting Games Finals (August 24 - 26) OVER $10000 in Prizes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Game II

Smash Champion
wow, 1 match sucks. i know they have to shorten things somehow, but i really wish there was a better way :/ and it sucks not only for melee, but for the other fighters too :(
I think it speaks to the truth that these type of tournaments are getting bigger and bigger every year. And that's a good thing because more people are trying to get into the competitive scene.

After EVO West, I really thought there were going to be less than 100 Melee players because there was so little talk here and on other forums. To get 270 (and it could have been more but people were doing sleep johnz and travel johns), that's great.

SoCal should be reppin this ish. Numbers 1, 2, 3 and 5 all in the finals, three of them unbeaten.

--GCII

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
IMO, they should've had online registration and no on-site. That way no one can john about 1 Match DE.

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
I just had an idea... three stock matches. Still best of three.

That would be better than one match imo :O Maybe even two stock matches if time is REALLY low.

Rickety

Peace and Love
Hmm, gotta root SoCal... <3

but...

Yay! Go Chris! I hope you and Chu represent Team Kirra! <3

Hmm, Ken, PC, Chu, DSF/Alex, Hugo, Mango<3, Eddie.... too many loves!

<3
rickety

araknophobik

Smash Master
lmfao half of the top 8 is socal
ahahaha
too good

edit:
if the bracket on getyourtournament.com is correct im thinking alex or hugo has a good shot at top 3 if hugo takes out pc's falco
ken will most likely win unless he meets up with pc
so pc has to get past hugo and chu ahaha cuz if he doesn't ken is gonna **** chu or hugo

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
1. PC Chris
2. Ken
3. ChuDat
4. Mango
5. Hugs
5. DSF
7. Chillin
7. Eddie

Assuming the bracket on GYT is correct. I don't think it is though because it isn't sending the person from round 2 winners (who loses) to the opposite side of the bracket. So, if the bracket is wrong it could look like this:

1. PC Chris
2. Ken
3. CuDat
4. Hugs
5. Mango
5. DSF
7. Eddie
7. Chillin

Eggm

Smash Hero
Yeah if pc wins... hes the vegas champ 15,000 in prize money off smash from there too good. xDD I would have to say that the majority of the time whoever wins r1 wins a best of 3 anyways since you get to counter pick stage AND character, but yeah best of 1 sucks. :( lots of pressure.

The Game II

Smash Champion
If people missed it ... I copied the bracket as it was being played out on Saturday and then put it to TIO (no photoshopping done).

Again, it's only scheduled, it could change.

I'm leaving in 30 minutes to begin work, and I won't likely know who is really playing who until that game begins.

For those who didn't see the notice, if I can get internet access, then I'm going to update throughout the day, and I'll post the links. If I can't get internet access, then I'm going to update the Melee tournament right when it's over.

--GCII

kiwiii

Smash Lord
hahaha
i wonder what retirement really means to ken

best out of 1 set.. too good!

where is mew2king

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
Fabian ya gotta remember, PC's everything *****, he might not even go Falco vs Hugo. Either way I'm pullin' for HugS though. Go SoCal!

edit: Mango for top 3 at Evo!

nublet06

Smash Lord
Please tell me they have switched to either best of 3 or 5 by now...
they already did that yesterday. the single round was only for some stupid *** first bracket.

for instance mango played mew2king FIRST....and it was only one round.

but then mango played chillin later on and it was a best of 3. because i know that chillin used tried to counter pick with marth.

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
yes they did, it's double elim. best 2/3. People with one loss from qualifiers start in the losers bracket, Game II has it all up on his site, brackets included.

The Game II

Smash Champion
They just ran VF5 in its entirety (2/3, 3/5 only in the finals).

Uh ... by the way they're on the verge of DQing the Guilty Gear XX teams that are not here.

Those who can alert the final 8 melee players should let them know that they're not playing when it comes to being punctual.

--GCII

The Game II

Smash Champion
Eww even first round matches shouldn't just be 1 match per set, that's just ********..
For those who didn't know, Melee wasn't the only game hit with the 1-round rule. They did 3s 1-round matches.

= = =

I thought the tournament would be running late, but thanks to some guilty gear teams not showing, the tournament is ahead of schedule.

--GCII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom