• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO WORLD - Fighting Games Finals (August 24 - 26) OVER $10000 in Prizes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EzynJAY

Smash Lord
Yes, like all the times EC has ***** WC. Regions aside, this is what happens in competitive gaming, or competitive anything. WOAH SOMETHING SHOCKING HAPPENED?!?! It's not really shocking when upsets happen, if upsets never happened then the game would just suck. People who want to turn this into an EC vs. WC thing, go ahead, but that's just wasting time.

I think it's actually nice to see the WC NOT get ***** for once. Good **** to mango for sure, though I'd like to see what the results would look like if he'd had a SET with m2k. Not that I'm saying m2k would beat him in a set, but it was only one match. ONE MATCH, kinda like how this is only ONE tournament. Sure, this tournament just so happened to be a lot larger than most, but that's coincidence. Or maybe it's not (OC3).
lol calm down...your the only person here who went on there period about it. its not that serious

edit-mango was seeded from evo i think at sandiego or watever

The Game II

Smash Champion
Uhhh...M2K was already in the final bracket of 64, he WAS SEEDED. I don't believe Mango placed top 8 at an Evo, therefore he was NOT SEEDED and had to play through the qualifying rounds before even being able to face M2K.

M2K's first match might have been against him, but Mango had to work to get there, and proper seeding actually was responsible for them facing each other.

Way to be informed, though. Good job.
Mango made top 8 at Evo West. He and M2K didn't play until the second round of the semifinal bracke.t

--GCII

SLAYERCoLdKiLr

Smash Journeyman
Sucks that m2k wasnt there to lets see....**** mango with his marth, **** hugs with his marth, **** eddie with his marth...****...well everyone with his marth, cept PC

Rickety

Peace and Love
ZOMG!

Omigosh!

Too Goodsies! <3

Aww, I wish I would have gone with you to Vegas, Ken :(
Congrats on 1st! Let's celebrate: Full Moon Sushi??? <333

Congrats to SoCal and EC :] I love everyone there too much <3

<3
rick(ety)

The Game II

Smash Champion
While there's a break I wanted to say one more thing:

Big ups to the crowd for cheering during all the matches. I didn't think there was going to be much cheering, but from word go it was great to hear everyone back the eight players.

Chants of "HUGS! HUGS!" was awesome.

--GCII

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
i lost my voice from cheering so much for everyone pretty much that stayed with camille at weekend

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
SOCAL I ****ING LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!

WAY TO GO KEN <3

If u guys eat at full moon ill be there in spirit

Capps Indigo

Smash Journeyman
Great job Eddie!!!!! Congrats to Ken for winning and everyone else who made it to the finals on Sunday. No Johns to those who didn't (obviously).

I think EVO ran a good series of tourneys. Props to them.

Watty

Smash Lord
lol @ m2k going across the country to get beat in a best of 1 match

good job hugs and eddie

EDIT: this is drephen

Mr. Ganondorf

Smash Journeyman
OMFG good **** WC, I love you SoCal! Eddie, you are my mother effing hero, I don't know if I told you that all those times at the OCs when you sat down to help me out, you're too good. Ken, way to own, you are the greatest. Mango, HugS, great stuff, congratulations. Everyone else, congrats, wish I coulda been there to see it :(

nublet06

Smash Lord
wow....i was able to comprehend mango beating mew2king since it was one match and he played sheik. but ****.....he beat ken's marth as well in winners.

mango beat the person who beat mew2king in best of 3 as well....if that means anything.

and good job hugoooooooooo. i called your *** already. but yeah. good ****. revengies on mango.....and revengies on PC from 0c3

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
ROFL, maybe they shouldve got more help? i mean, if they are suppose to be all professional, this sorta thing shouldnt happen <_<. its simple poor planning.
Poor planning has little to do with it. A similar thing happened for Evo South when they were approached by sponsors who said, "we want to fund your event." Evo says, "wow, that's a lot of money." Toyota says, "great, you have x amount of time to get ALL of your events done. Knock yourselves out."

I wasn't there at World, but comments like "Evo is ********" show serious idiocy. They secure sponsors, hold massive events for numerous games with amazing turnouts, and when they find themselves running short on time, somebody says, "lol noobs."

They're not running just one tournament. If something happens at a Smash only event that causes it to run behind, people just go "eh whatever we'll stay a little later." Can't do that when people are relying on the schedule and have contracts with the venue they MUST adhere to.

I'm willing to bet something unforeseen happened that shifted the schedule and they had to adapt. If it wasn't and Evo really, genuinely screwed up, I happily take back my words. I'm just betting there's more to this situation than meets the eye.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
i've heard a few reports from people that the staff told them to be back at 2PM sat for smash, but that may have been a bad hearing problem or something
if they would have read the schedule online since like last month they should have known smash was 9am on

nealdt

BRoomer
BRoomer
HugS and Ken.

EDIT: here's a bracket image.

Note that the first round matches didn't actually happen. That image is actually cutoff from a larger bracket whose information I do not have access to. So HugS didn't beat Chu; instead, HugS reached a certain point in winners bracket undefeated, while Chu reached a mirrored position in losers bracket with one loss.

peachori

Smash Journeyman
go figure, the tourney where m2k is surprisingly taken out, a marth still wins. good **** to ken, hugs, mango, and the rest of socal you guys took this

Arash

Smash Lord
i wish i could have stayed for SF3 finals, those are always fun to watch

gg's to east coast, and socal fo' life, son

and for the uninformed, seeding for the initial 64 man bracket was randomized.

hugo and mango - nothing personal, it's just that ken is awesome:) you know i love you guys

eddie - is too fun to hang out with

scamp - tourney pro, though i couldn't hear the commentary and i was sitting front row center:(

evo - you suck for not letting me take the mario golf challenge. best of 1 is also BS, but i understand why it happened...

everyone else i saw there - too bad we couldn't hang out more, but it was fun, no?

all the people making johns - no johns:)

manacloud1

Smash Champion
man

pretty intense weekend. I had fun watching all those crazy sf matches, but smash was on the same par.

congrats to all the winners who got paid. yeahuzzuzu.
in a tournament like this there are no losers, just winners.

see everyone at scc.

edit-
i had more fun hanging out with eddie than the tournament itself. Good **** eddie on your placing as well.

Vicko

Smash Journeyman
i think he needs to enunciate and maybe get a little more excited, but nonetheless very informative and helpful for those that don't play smash

i liked the part where he gave history on ken vs chu (i think) before the match started
but ya same situation as arash i couldn't hear him the whole time since we were up front

good seeing/hanging out with:
DSF - drunk Double falcon too good
Falcomist - whoops haha <3
Emerican - good ****, you're too quiet though gotta loosen up
simna - you're a dirty cheater haha
hugs - wtf at your marth... doc too. Good job on 2nd
Round table - Good **** in poker and friendlies. Lucky i won't let you 4 stock me again!! (again and again) haha. Mango good job on 3rd
gabe - got my rematch and still lost. oh well, maybe next time
chu - it was fun at camille's seeing you buzzed haha. you're too good at karaoke haha.
Glenn - thanks for supporting my tournament and sorry you got lost haha. my fault?
ken/mana - glad to see you guys again. Fun hearing about your adventures and mishaps from around the world haha. look forward to seeing you in the future. congrats again on 1st

if i missed anyone sorry, too much smash and too many people haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom