• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

EVO WORLD - Fighting Games Finals (August 24 - 26) OVER $10000 in Prizes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The King

Smash Ace
CONGRATS TO KEN FOR 1ST, GOOOOOD **** KEN!
Huge Kudos to HugS and Mango for rounding out the Top3!

King Out

Dodger

Smash Ace
KEN WINS! Congratulations Ken!! Congratulations HugS! Congratulations Mango. Good stuff everyone!

The Game II

Smash Champion
Thanks to all who were following on my site.

My apologies for the blackouts. I was going WHAT THE **** when I kept refreshing over here because it was going out several times.

I'm seriously considering switching providers six months before my contract is up because this can't happen next month at SCC.

Again, I apologize for the blackouts and I'm going to make sure this doesn't happen again.

--GCII

Eggm

Smash Hero
Darn!! I wanted hugs to win, woulda been cool to see a mid tier win a huge tourney and not marth who always wins... oh well, good job for stepping it up west coast, we'll get you back next time.

Pretty crazy 4 outta the 8 were mid tiers, smash is so amazing lol, kinda said brawl is coming out so soon.. melee's still amazing enough to pull upsets like this too good..

Also 270 entrants beating all the other fighting games, GO SMASH.

Brookman

Smash Hero
**** happens.
Yes, like all the times EC has ***** WC. Regions aside, this is what happens in competitive gaming, or competitive anything. WOAH SOMETHING SHOCKING HAPPENED?!?! It's not really shocking when upsets happen, if upsets never happened then the game would just suck. People who want to turn this into an EC vs. WC thing, go ahead, but that's just wasting time.

I think it's actually nice to see the WC NOT get ***** for once. Good **** to mango for sure, though I'd like to see what the results would look like if he'd had a SET with m2k. Not that I'm saying m2k would beat him in a set, but it was only one match. ONE MATCH, kinda like how this is only ONE tournament. Sure, this tournament just so happened to be a lot larger than most, but that's coincidence. Or maybe it's not (OC3).

kiwiii

Smash Lord
congrats ken for winning evo after your 503rd retirement haha
wtf happened, east coast :/ ?!
LOL good job cali

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Why would I be concerned about west coast power rankings? :p

I'm just sayin that nobody I know over in New England has heard of mango (except the mango from MA who consequently isn't that great). And, again, even if he is good, he hadn't reached the ears of players over here in the EC till this tourny. I don't mean any offense x_x
Also, what I meant by stepping it up is that the EC is considered better than the WC. So for 4 of the top 8 to be WC and the top 3 all WC... I'd say that's stepping it up. O_o

Brookman

Smash Hero
Why would I be concerned about west coast power rankings? :p

I'm just sayin that nobody I know over in New England has heard of mango (except the mango from MA who consequently isn't that great). And, again, even if he is good, he hadn't reached the ears of players over here in the EC till this tourny. I don't mean any offense x_x
Also, what I meant by stepping it up is that the EC is considered better than the WC. So for 4 of the top 8 to be WC and the top 3 all WC... I'd say that's stepping it up. O_o
I knew about mango a while ago. stfu noob (just kidding <3 NE)

araknophobik

Smash Master
noone from cali travels
mango did an amazing job in teams at oc3 getting 5th and takeing out good EC players but squandered (i believe this is an EC term, along with a pound, because i only heard it at FC and nowhere at OC lol) in singles.

SCC is gonna be ****, i think everyone should travel down here to socal and see whatsup ^_^

$ick

Smash Lord
SCC is like match 3 in the set. EC won the first at OC3. WC took Evo. Looking forward to seeing how it turns out. And I agree with NeighborhoodP. ^_^

Tink

Smash Hero
wobbles said:
Try running tournaments for 6 different games under time constraints. Or just one. It's not like they don't know what they're doing.

ROFL, maybe they shouldve got more help? i mean, if they are suppose to be all professional, this sorta thing shouldnt happen <_<. its simple poor planning.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
Well, having best of 1 for the first round.. i wouldn't have expected it to be much of a big deal, but mango happened to have m2king first round. If seeding was a bit more accurate, it would have been no issue.

The Game II

Smash Champion
ROFL, maybe they shouldve got more help? i mean, if they are suppose to be all professional, this sorta thing shouldnt happen <_<. its simple poor planning.
I've got a minute so I'll say... these guys have been running tournaments for more than a decade. They're trying to squeeze in EIGHT (yes EIGHT) tournaments in three days without the hotel getting pissed or having tournaments run til 4 a.m.

I'm sure they'll examine what happened to make it better.

We should all appreciate EVO for at least opening their doors and letting Melee in. They could have easily said no (again).

--GCII

Kryian

Smash Journeyman
Well, having best of 1 for the first round.. i wouldn't have expected it to be much of a big deal, but mango happened to have m2king first round. If seeding was a bit more accurate, it would have been no issue.
Uhhh...M2K was already in the final bracket of 64, he WAS SEEDED. I don't believe Mango placed top 8 at an Evo, therefore he was NOT SEEDED and had to play through the qualifying rounds before even being able to face M2K.

M2K's first match might have been against him, but Mango had to work to get there, and proper seeding actually was responsible for them facing each other.

Way to be informed, though. Good job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom