• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Evo 2013 Stream Cance--IS BACK

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
You honestly think that it is the new players who are freaking out only?
Honestly?

yes.

If you are an old gen then you would recognize that Nintendo does not care about what we (the players think) and that Nintendo will do whatever it wants (as proven with their hardware and software for over 12 years now) because they are Nintendo. MLG couldnt stream and other events couldn't either. Nintendo doesnt care if it makes money from the positive exposure brought on by evo and or streams. What you are seeing is classic "out of touch" nintendo. This is not surprising and or new.

Heero Yuy

#sweg
All the negative messages and flame e-mails towards Nintendo need to stop... You're only making the problem worse by presenting a reason to why they shouldn't allow us immature children to stream our favorite game.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Hate to be that guy in this, but it is kinda out of Mr.Wizard's control. I mean ultimately, if Nintendo chooses to ignore people's complaints then the EVO staff won't be able to do anything but abide by it. I suppose though, that the only fair thing here would be to move Skullgirls on stream to Melee's spot since it came 2nd in the poll. I can't honestly though, imagine how much this has to suck for you guys.
Nobody is blaming Wizard. I'm sure he feels the pain too because Melee was about to bring BIG viewer numbers to EVO, but it's all on Nintendo's hand basically. We can keep pushing and pushing, but it's their decision.

Tags

Smash Cadet
All the negative messages and flame e-mails towards Nintendo need to stop... You're only making the problem worse by presenting a reason to why they shouldn't allow us immature children to stream our favorite game.
Wrong. It may not matter how heart filled our messages are, but quantity does make a difference.

Nintendo - You Suck OK?

Banned via Warnings
As I said before, the emails/tweets/whatever, there will always, always be some people that will email Nintendo with "**** u I H8 u ***** I will never buy anythink u put on the shelves again ****ers.". All depends if Nintendo can differentiate the pugnacious as a minority from the intellectual as a majority. They probably can't.

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
I have not used this account for a log time.

You had me at.... :mad:
Nintendo Canceling Melee Stream for EVO 2013

#freemelee #savemelee #MeleeStream4EVO

Fafnir

Smash Apprentice
You think Nintendo would have learned from Microsoft, but NOOOO! Just like M$, Big N tries to pull stupid sh*t that infringes on gamers right! Considering the fact LOTS of money was raised just so Melee could be shown at EVO only to have it "banned" from being streamed just cause Nintendo refuses to grow up is nothing short of COLD! I personally think EVO should ignore what Nintendo said, give em the finger and stream melee just like they planned! If Big N doesn't like it, too ****ing bad! Grow the hell up Nintendo and get with the times!
Technically, yes, they could stream it. But then Nintendo would sue the hell out of them, and have the videos taken down anyway.

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry everyone but this has to be said:

I'm angry right now, I'll probably calm down and be rational/mildly helpful and maybe positive about the situation in a few hours.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
However, like I said, there are times where extreme complaining and whining CAN work.

pickle962

Smash Lord
However, like I said, there are times where extreme complaining and whining CAN work.
Yeah! Just Keep flipping your sh*t over this asinine policy and with any luck, Nintendo will F off for a while! It worked when Microsoft tried to dictate how to play our games on xbox one!

Tarv

Smash Journeyman
What disturbs me even more is this tweet:

What the **** is that

I love playing "Italian Plumber Siblings" and "Glorious Blast Siblings Scuffle" !

Edit: Can't wait for this conversation...

Someone else: "Who do you play in Glorious Blast Siblings Scuffle?"

Me: "I can't really decide between the anthropomorphic coyote relative humanoid and androgynous sword prince"

hotdogturtle

Smash Master

t3h Icy

Smash Master
Man, this has exploded everywhere! We've basically started a small revolution.

wizards64

Smash Rookie
Slippi.gg
VGTA#364
That's my video actually lol.
I know, thanks watching it really helps my rage. Just trying to spread this cause its an easy way for people who are lazy to read to understand, spread, get interested in helping out.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer

Totally disagree. We absolutely should punish the entire company for the actions of one employee. All employees compose the entity that is Nintendo. The action of banning streaming has deeper ramifications that you can possibly imagine. Why should I pour my heart and soul into growing the local smash community if it will only be cut down the instant it becomes slightly "too big"? Nintendo can throw around legal jargon all it wants. IP this. Rights that. The smash community goes out every day and brings people into the cause. We work tirelessly to learn everything about the game. We show others the depth and beauty of the game and convince them to buy the game. We want more people in the community. We do more good than Nintendo could ever know. This legal move only solidifies what we knew all along: Nintendo hates competitive players. Stripping Melee of its depth was not enough. Now, Nintendo has to act jealous of its own creation. Why didn't Brawl make it to EVO? Because people wanted Melee more. That doesn't bode well for an even newer smash game.

Nintendo can die in a fire. It's extra cowardly the way Nintendo has tried to silently kill the streams. Why not put out a blog post explaining its position? Why ignore the fans? Why not defend the decision?

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Also, methinks Nintendo owes a very grumpy community about $95,000. The cancer research peeps can keep the money they received, but Nintendo ought to reimburse that drive since many fans at home have been stupidly denied the privilege of watching the matches live.

kys

Smash Ace
There's no need to boycott or pirate nintendo stuff. If this "legal team" is any sort of indicator of the decision making that's going on at Nintendo, they're gonna last long. This is one of the dumbest things a company has ever done. It's embarrassingly stupid.

Tags

Smash Cadet
This is great. Making a youtube vid about it on his channel is going to let A LOT of people know about this.
I don't think he's talking about the events of today involving smash. I think he's just talking about general laziness to boycott against things by simply typing a hashtag followed by a couple words.

Tags

Smash Cadet
I don't think he's talking about the events of today involving smash. I think he's just talking about general laziness to boycott against things by simply typing a hashtag followed by a couple words.
Oh nvm I just read his previous tweets

Top Bottom