• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A "Everyone Look At Me!" The Marth Video Critique Thread.

Tero.

Smash Champion
Here comes critique from a mediocre player!!

On FD you need to take advantage of Marth's juggle game against Sheik a LOT more. If you ever feel that you won't be able to directly combo off of uthrow, it is best to let the Sheik double jump (this particular Sheik double jumped after getting uthrown EVERY time instead of falling with an aerial or some other mixup) and then never let her touch the ground ever again via patient fairs, uairs, utilts, and whatever. If you uthrow and try to follow up but fail, Sheik will get free access back to the ground and you might even be put in a losing situation.

I also think you need to stay more grounded in general. Marth outranges Sheik and also has a superior ground movement game than Sheik (the only thing he loses in is in quick sneak attacks because of Sheik's dash attack and boost grab), but Marth loses a lot of this when he is in the air. I think you need to make use of dtilt to gain space and apply pressure. Instead, most of the ground game I saw from you was either dash attack or DD grab which is alright, but it's MORE effective when it's mixed in with a proper dtilt game. If you only rely on sneaky dash attacks or DD grab you'll find yourself in shield a lot which is NOT what Marth wants to be doing as it limits his options a lot. Keep in mind that Marth can utilize his movement + dtilt at almost all spacings with a combination of dashdance and wavedash down (and also normal wavedashes). Sethlon's Roy has the best dtilt game I've ever seen and it's pretty much the same as Marth's on terms of spacing and movement so if you want an idea of how to do it properly maybe watch his vids.

If you find Sheik jumping a lot in the neutral game, DON'T jump after her. Get UNDER her if she ever jumps high, or slightly in front of her for her short hop. If she jumps, she can't dash attack or boost grab at you so it gives you an in to close space and really abuse your superior range. If you get yourself under her, she is super vulnerable to utilt, shffl uair, and all of Marth's juggles and stuff. If Sheik is like diagonally in front/above you, ftilt, utilt, fsmash are all great moves to space against her. She barely has any horizontal movement after jumping so she will have a difficult time messing up your spacing after jumping. Be aware of needles; but Sheiks usually only needle after jumping if they jumped high which should give you time/room to get under her. If they short hopped then they probably won't be trying to needle you but instead fall with a fair or something (but that's outranged by Marth).

I love how consistent you are with the pivot fsmashes, but a good number of them were kind of just thrown out there for no reason and ended up getting you punished. Particularly the ones that you did after you hit Sheik onto the edge. Marth is pretty good at keeping people from returning to the stage once they've grabbed the edge, and while I think pivot fsmash is a decent mixup, you did it way too much lol. Again dtilt is amazing here and it's better to react to Sheik getting up then trying to hard predict with a pivot fsmash imo (of course mixing it in is fine).

You went for quite a few ledgehop bairs to prevent Sheik from recovering but I felt that the success rate wasn't as high as it could be. Make sure that when you are ledgehop bairing you are aiming specifically to steal Sheik's double jump so that you don't mindlessly try to hit her during her invincibility frames in her up-b. In general however I think your edgeguarding versus this Sheik was very good except toward the end but that was probably just a combination of nerves from recognizing the impending loss lol. Just a random idea: try DD up-B to hit her back off in her lag at certain percents? And then tell me how it works for you lol.

Lastly, you need to be a LOT more precise with your recoveries and always be paying attention to Sheik and when she wants to needle you. If you save your double jump while recovering you should be able to outmaneuver the needles which were hitting you a lot. Also, learn to sweetspot your up-B to the ledge lol. I'm not sure how big of a difference it would have made in this set since the Sheik didn't punish the high up-B's very well but it's something I would fix since it's not that hard to do so.

Nice Marth though. Very very smooth and technically sound. Hope this helps lol.

EDIT: Oh and PAL Sheik looks so friendly. D-throw doesn't even combo Marth haha.
Thank you very much!
After reading this i was like "wow this is so true"

Please guys keep it coming, here is the video again:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_3S5b7j84Q (vs Sheik; PAL)

:phone:

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i generally make it a point never to post anything useful i learn about the marth vs sheik matchup to avoid making the matchup any more hellish for marth than it already is...every time i face a sheik i think about how much harder it was playing against KK that one time long ago...

but this:

"If you find Sheik jumping a lot in the neutral game, DON'T jump after her. Get UNDER her if she ever jumps high, or slightly in front of her for her short hop. If she jumps, she can't dash attack or boost grab at you so it gives you an in to close space and really abuse your superior range. If you get yourself under her, she is super vulnerable to utilt, shffl uair, and all of Marth's juggles and stuff. If Sheik is like diagonally in front/above you, ftilt, utilt, fsmash are all great moves to space against her. She barely has any horizontal movement after jumping so she will have a difficult time messing up your spacing after jumping. Be aware of needles; but Sheiks usually only needle after jumping if they jumped high which should give you time/room to get under her. If they short hopped then they probably won't be trying to needle you but instead fall with a fair or something (but that's outranged by Marth)."

I completely disagree with...if sheik jumps your jump aerial game is definitely at an advantage against sheik..even if she lands you always end up on advantage...the only time you get wrecked is if you try to follow and she does some sort of DJ and baits you in or you overcommit to cover the DJ and she escapes...but the first is not easy and the 2nd is your mistake...

so i disagree..if sheik takes to the air..you obviously don't need to jump..if you can get in underneath her that's obviously better..but sheik is not stupid, she's going to arc her jumps and fall or DJ back if you try to get under her..it's a lot easier to just approach with your own fairs when she's trying to get into the air against you....attempting to get under her often leads to her getting you in shield and you having to deal with her shield pressure.

MT_

Smash Ace
i generally make it a point never to post anything useful i learn about the marth vs sheik matchup to avoid making the matchup any more hellish for marth than it already is...every time i face a sheik i think about how much harder it was playing against KK that one time long ago...

but this:

"If you find Sheik jumping a lot in the neutral game, DON'T jump after her. Get UNDER her if she ever jumps high, or slightly in front of her for her short hop. If she jumps, she can't dash attack or boost grab at you so it gives you an in to close space and really abuse your superior range. If you get yourself under her, she is super vulnerable to utilt, shffl uair, and all of Marth's juggles and stuff. If Sheik is like diagonally in front/above you, ftilt, utilt, fsmash are all great moves to space against her. She barely has any horizontal movement after jumping so she will have a difficult time messing up your spacing after jumping. Be aware of needles; but Sheiks usually only needle after jumping if they jumped high which should give you time/room to get under her. If they short hopped then they probably won't be trying to needle you but instead fall with a fair or something (but that's outranged by Marth)."

I completely disagree with...if sheik jumps your jump aerial game is definitely at an advantage against sheik..even if she lands you always end up on advantage...the only time you get wrecked is if you try to follow and she does some sort of DJ and baits you in or you overcommit to cover the DJ and she escapes...but the first is not easy and the 2nd is your mistake...

so i disagree..if sheik takes to the air..you obviously don't need to jump..if you can get in underneath her that's obviously better..but sheik is not stupid, she's going to arc her jumps and fall or DJ back if you try to get under her..it's a lot easier to just approach with your own fairs when she's trying to get into the air against you....attempting to get under her often leads to her getting you in shield and you having to deal with her shield pressure.
I understand what you are trying to say, but I want to ask you if you watched the video that Tero posted. Every time that Sheik jumped high, Tero was not capitalizing properly and it was because (IMO) that he was too focused on approaching in the air. Each time Sheik managed to double jump away like you said, and getting under her would be the solution to this I think.

Again I don't think you're wrong but I think we are both correct. But from what you said it makes me think that you didn't even watch the video...

MT_

Smash Ace
I guess I should be a little more clear. Yeah I agree that fairs are a good way to approach Sheik in the air but you can't just throw them out as soon as you see Sheik jump. The main reason I suggested a more grounded approach was because in the video Tero was jumping much too hastily toward Sheik and getting avoided very easily... So the solution to this is to get closer via ground movement and then do whatever. But you can't close space onto Sheik via a jump. You close space with grounded movement and then you can opt to jump to attack. I just feel like I'm the only one that watched the video so we're not even on the same page lol.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
yeah i only watched like 1min of the video, i was just commenting on what you wrote in general...can't really comment on how the marth played in general...freaking korean internet takes forever to load youtube...fastest internet in the world but that's only when accessing korean sites

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
reserved..i think i will at least take a look at it later. don't know who you are but the opening 20sec didn't seem too bad (my eyes didn't bleed) so i will probably watch it later

Niko45

Smash Master
Slox way way too much random fsmash. You need grabs on Fox not fsmashes so even when connecting you're just not winning as hard as you could be. Also gotta work on the edgeguards hardcore you look like you're approaching it too passively and getiting caught off guard by like a jump back looks-like-he's-gonna-sideB-but-then-UpBs. Fsmash isn't that good at super low % either for edgeguarding as it gives height and not much knockback. If you're gonna go that all-in type of edgeguarding route use charged neutral B, but personally I'd just push high recovery away with nontip fair (or at super low %, just start a combo from utilt). But yea be a bit more aggressive and go out there sometimes as well. You missed every up B edgeguard practically and then proceeded to get hit by every side B recovery afterwards and that is literally how Fox can win this matchup.

Don't do things like zoning nair anticipating when they will come off the ledge. Everyone seems to have the habit of guessing while people come off the ledge and its really bad, especially because Fox COULD be invince wavelanding even if he wasn't. Just do nothing and space. Getting off the ledge is a commit and you can apply pressure or punish afterwards without guessing.

Also put some thought into getting yourself back down to the ground after being juggled. Airdodges, platform wavelands, stuff like that really helps because a lot of the time you're just getting juggled and then just dying cause you can't escape the mixup afterwards which turns a half stock into a full stock.

Swift - omg you played so well I'm so sad at that ending.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
Slox way way too much random fsmash. You need grabs on Fox not fsmashes so even when connecting you're just not winning as hard as you could be. Also gotta work on the edgeguards hardcore you look like you're approaching it too passively and getiting caught off guard by like a jump back looks-like-he's-gonna-sideB-but-then-UpBs. Fsmash isn't that good at super low % either for edgeguarding as it gives height and not much knockback. If you're gonna go that all-in type of edgeguarding route use charged neutral B, but personally I'd just push high recovery away with nontip fair (or at super low %, just start a combo from utilt). But yea be a bit more aggressive and go out there sometimes as well. You missed every up B edgeguard practically and then proceeded to get hit by every side B recovery afterwards and that is literally how Fox can win this matchup.

Don't do things like zoning nair anticipating when they will come off the ledge. Everyone seems to have the habit of guessing while people come off the ledge and its really bad, especially because Fox COULD be invince wavelanding even if he wasn't. Just do nothing and space. Getting off the ledge is a commit and you can apply pressure or punish afterwards without guessing.

Also put some thought into getting yourself back down to the ground after being juggled. Airdodges, platform wavelands, stuff like that really helps because a lot of the time you're just getting juggled and then just dying cause you can't escape the mixup afterwards which turns a half stock into a full stock.

Swift - omg you played so well I'm so sad at that ending.

th0rn has been a wall in my way for about 2 years now. Funny thing is, before he constructed this wall, I beat him 3 times in a row. I remember so well because I Dun have many wins vs him. Sometimes its a blowout when we play and others its like this. I will say that this is my proudest performance vs him because I did it with who I wanted to. If you cant tell I got a bit distraught. I havent been that close in months and it wasn't jank fox tricks/and shine spikes that kept me in the game, I actually went up against him on the last stock which rarely happens. Its funny, because th0rn is undoubtedly the best up here, but I fear zoso more than him, because I know that when i start beating th0rn's falco he will have to do a bunch rebuilding to keep up with me, but zoso has multiple chars already and actually has been beating me more soundly lately forcing me to grow. In the long run zoso I think will be my greatest challenge.

I think I couldve used dash attack a bit more. and a few other things. I will be picking apart this set for a while.

Ive got teams matches with my marth that I will link soon. surprisingly enough my marth in teams did better than fox. I guess it shows how much work my marth has been putting in.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
niko how do you cc grab so well

i remember you explaining your method to me but i forgot how it went.

- SloX

Niko45

Smash Master
Yea just hold down + L and then mash A it buffers the **** outta that.

Some people have said that they crouch and then JC grab but while I can see people being godly at timing it it takes timing as opposed to mashing and having it come out as fast as possible. There's no actual benefit to the JC version either so it only leaves room to mess up.

@swift - I know exactly what you mean dude. Thorn always beats me and it's actually something that really frustrates me. Another one of those Falcos I qq over. He's incredibly solid/underrated as a player overall.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
ok so
game 1: good, but it shouldn't have been that close imo. Be careful not to lose your patients especially once you've got a lead. It's important that you cover the basics in terms of tactics and other things like spacing for example at all times. You should avoid fighting Falcon in the Air at all costs....he's a bird...you are a man. Stay on the ground where it's safe.

game 2: Alot of little mistakes lead to a big loss. Shielding without grabs, Jumping when it's not safe and sometimes just missing a fortunate opportunity. Like when you caught falco with the side-b and you didn't take the ledge and roll up I died a little inside :(

game 3: Can't attribute it to anything specific at that point you just seemed to be playing bad or not on point. Probably unnerved by the previous match a little. A few decisions were creative but ultimately costly in the end. I would say you should apply the K.I.S method in this MU if I were you. especially when playing at this level. K.I.S. means Keep it Simple. Forget about being fancy, flashy, cool, or swagging on somebody. Do what you know works and get the win. Look good later :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25UkSzG-224&feature=channel&list=UL

SloX vs KevinM

In pools, we went to game three. Tell me what I'm doing wrong before I critique it myself. Thanks.
Very Ken inspired play-style I'd say. Especially with the love for the Fsmash and Nair. However, in some ways that can be a bad thing. If any character as a whole has adapted to that play style it's spacies. Nair against them isn't exactly safe from all angles. The can Bair you in the face for example. It's a great move but you must space it correctly you fox can make you suffer for it.

Gimping fox makes the game feel so much easier but he can do the same right back to you. Be careful not to lag outside too long when recovering vs Fox. It can be an easy death for you sometimes. Game 2 Made me very sad. I could feel the salt LOL. ***** YOU WAS MAD!!!!!!! lol. He didn't win that game. You sort of gave it to him. You got hit with waaaaaay to many uairs without countering or something. You also got dash attacked too often for my liking. ultimately you were on route to a 3 stock so you seemed to lose your intensity a bit. All of it conspired against you in the end.:(

please critique.

http://www.twitch.tv/mlg_solidjake/b/323262002
best of 3 set starts at 4:35-16:41
What niko said...especially about the sad feelings T_T hug?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so i played a falco who could shorten really consistently the other day..my edgeguarding percentage dropped about 20% at first...then i went off stage and just intercepted phantasm before it could get off a bunch.

most falcos even if they can shorten nearly a 100% like him only use the mid distance shorten...now if falcos could do a 90% full distance phantasm with shorten..then i might be struggling a little....

but needing to be at mid distance to set up your shorten is in itself a weakness that can be exploited

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
on a side note he was from dominican republic and told me that mango got ***** when he went to DR, and that US players aren't actually that good and would probably all lose to the DR top 3..not sure when this happened but it was interesting.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
DR has some good players. So does Mexico, Brazil...Argentina...etc. USA aside from opening up to Canada and Europe...USA as a whole is still somewhat unaware of all the good players on this planet.

OverLord

Smash Ace
You are mostly blindly committing without any criteria other than "I got a sword let's swing it".

I suggest retreating Fairs against Peach's turnip>float approaches, it stops the turnip and hit Peach if made rightly.
Watch out for the moment Peach is trying to get a turnip, you should D-Tilt/DashAttack/hit her in those moments, just wait for her move and pressure mostly with zoning and spacing, not committing, that's just bad.

Watch some Armada-M2K to get an idea, I think your problem is mostly on the neutral game.

mayhem_

Smash Cadet
Yea now that I think about it I find myself losing the neutral game most of the time with every character (not falco), but I think my punishments are quite solid when I get an opening. That cpu training lol :p

I think I have to just watch matches to see what works in the neutral game against peach with marth :) Thank you for pointing that out :)

OverLord

Smash Ace
I really think that if you can manage to be more patient and wait for the right opening you should solve all of your problems.

S l o X

Smash Champion
forgot to say thanks for the critique. i've been playing a lot of marth lately (as opposed to playing every character) and he quickly leveled up after that tournament.

i think he's my new answer to space animals and maybe even peach. i feel really comfortable against them and i do really well against the top space animals in NE. (not saying much. in friendlies i was also going even with thorn who told me to main marth rofl)

i think if i ever get comfortable with his other matchups then i might actually switch full time. sheik isn't really intimidating for me but we'll see how long that lasts. i'll try to put up more videos within the next month because i know i have a long way.

Archangel

Smash Hero
NNID
combat22386
Game Clucks this last weekend. 5th in singles and 1st in teams (with Vish)

vs. Eggz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aX3LNu5OQT4&feature=relmfu

vs. Bladewise :((((((((

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QWgRmxISEio&feature=relmfu

-c hip
vs Eggz

Pretty good. Still thought you let out some Nervous Fsmashes and a few aerials that were poorly spaced but hey, it's fox and he makes everyone else in the game nervous just by existing. Only advise I can give you is try not to do to many laggy moves when fox is near you but outside of your range. It can scare foxes off sometimes or catch them leaping in but if you miss, you pay. Also you might want to avoid giving up options needlessly at times, Double jumping when you don't have to or using your side-b stall too soon.

vs Bladewise

GODDAMN! YOU GOT **** UP game 1 bro.

sorry had to get that out my system. You did a few things wrong. The first was not killing peach before she got over 125-130%. After that you have to sort of get lucky with a heavy hit. Otherwise, with good DI she just lives and peach always presents a constant element of danger with the dash attack and Dsmash.

Try not to overuse Nair so much. It's a good move vs peach but a few times I think Blade saw it coming and reacted accordingly so yeah...don't go fox on her to much :smirk:, Don't get caught in your shield If the peach stops attacking your shield and starts going for grabs instead then you should WD OoS and punish her for it., When at the proper distance try Dtilting but I'd say only a few times per match because it puts you at risk of 50+%. Dolphin slash is cool but most of the times you used in on stage it got you ****ed up. Also it seems you have what I call a "pay back" Mentality that got you combo'd a few times when you didn't have to. Instead of DI away from some hits you seemed to DI in getting you hit more because you were trying to get a hit on peach in return. Your recovery is at times too predictable. I can see what you are going to do before you do it and so can blade. 8/10 times you line up with the ledge when you are recovering so if he tossed a turnip, Fair'd,nair'd, or whatever he did you seemed to be always right there. It's the right thing to go for the ledge but sometimes the right thing is the wrong thing...know what I mean? The Stitch at the end of the last game was just....gross...:(

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
vs bladewise match 1 you suffer a lot from two problems...attempting to combo when there are no combos available (that fair on the top platform wth)

and in general you suffer from a problem of using a move with relatively low lag, getting outspaced only slightly and then instantly shielding..

shield sucks balls btw...throw out some moves...i get the feeling you are used to playing fox or falcon cause you are shielding like constantly assuming that peach can somehow fly across the stage and hit you just cause you lagged slightly...just throw out a jab or dash away..a lot of times if you dashed away you would have been safe (unless the peach chose to take space instead of attacking in which case you would lose ground)...and if you throw out an attack like jab she can't float after you so it's pretty easy to get a mixup where you end up with a better position than just shielding... in short, dash away, jab, and tilt more..at cc percentages it gets a little more problematic..,people typically don't bait twice though so even anticipating a slight overshot dash attack and grabbing it like you would against fox works pretty well

Bones0

Smash Legend
$3 MM: Bones (Marth) vs. Epsilon/♥ (Peach)
- bo7, no bans, DSRm

I am pretty upset with how I played, but at the same time, I realize I have such little exp in the matchup that I shouldn't have expected to do amazing. I had to adapt A LOT over the course of the set, so if you are only going to watch a few matches, watch the later ones. The major thing that was killing me was turnips. I would just shield them which obv means Peach is getting a free fair, and Marth's shield just can't handle that. Next time I play a Peach I'd like to try out powershielding turnips because I am confident I could do it consistently once I get the hang of it, but I'd also like some general tips at avoiding them or how to swat them (I don't think I consciously tried that at all because I was worried about getting punished in lag anyway). The other thing that I struggled with was her damn CC. Even when I tipped my fairs I was barely containing her. I should probably just grab more at low %s, but again, any tips on beating out CCs would be helpful. Last noteworthy thing is probably my throws. I didn't realize uthrow was better until the third match, which is a shame because I felt like I was doing pretty good at juggling her. Are the other throws ever worth using? I think I still like fthrow/dthrow by the ledge, but idk anything about bthrow. A few times I did the fthrow -> immediate SH fair -> tech chase if fair missed, and I felt like it SHOULD have been working, but wasn't for whatever reason.

Varist

Smash Lord
$3 MM: Bones (Marth) vs. Epsilon/♥ (Peach)
- bo7, no bans, DSRm

I am pretty upset with how I played, but at the same time, I realize I have such little exp in the matchup that I shouldn't have expected to do amazing. I had to adapt A LOT over the course of the set, so if you are only going to watch a few matches, watch the later ones. The major thing that was killing me was turnips. I would just shield them which obv means Peach is getting a free fair, and Marth's shield just can't handle that. Next time I play a Peach I'd like to try out powershielding turnips because I am confident I could do it consistently once I get the hang of it, but I'd also like some general tips at avoiding them or how to swat them (I don't think I consciously tried that at all because I was worried about getting punished in lag anyway). The other thing that I struggled with was her damn CC. Even when I tipped my fairs I was barely containing her. I should probably just grab more at low %s, but again, any tips on beating out CCs would be helpful. Last noteworthy thing is probably my throws. I didn't realize uthrow was better until the third match, which is a shame because I felt like I was doing pretty good at juggling her. Are the other throws ever worth using? I think I still like fthrow/dthrow by the ledge, but idk anything about bthrow. A few times I did the fthrow -> immediate SH fair -> tech chase if fair missed, and I felt like it SHOULD have been working, but wasn't for whatever reason.
18:14 why did you take stage then give it away by dash attacking early. you could have hit her.
18:38 wtf why did you start dash dancing in front of her face
18:40 don't miss l cancels
18:57 you could have tippered, work on wavelanding
19:16 why did you come down directly above her
19:23 wtf? standing isn't intimidating when you fall for the classic turnip fair combo
19:28 grab her dude
19:30 she was running at you just side b don't default to dash dancing when you're confused and so close to her
19:44 why did you go out there so early what did you expect her to do fast fall and let you hit her?
19:49 why did you charge side b what did you expect her to do teleport to you and get hit
20:40 why did you double jump that close to her, kneejerk reaction cost you your stock
21:05 choke? why did you just stand there. utilt dog.
21:10 what did you expect her to do? not shield when she hit the ground?
21:17 what did you expect that side b to do? it's not like she's gonna fall straight down into it
21:19 why would you utilt after the side b when you were clearly not in range? don't let muscle memory **** you
21:36 why didn't you cover your balls with a dair hitbox?

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Got a match recorded at the last local: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnQt5pZ9Wtw

Techskill errors are kinda obvious (roll instead of wd oos due to messing up shieldstun, etc), so I guess I'm looking for neutral tips and bad habits that I may not have noticed. All I observed on my own was too many risky desperation fsmashes.

Thoughts?

Toya

Smash Apprentice
Got a match recorded at the last local: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lnQt5pZ9Wtw

Techskill errors are kinda obvious (roll instead of wd oos due to messing up shieldstun, etc), so I guess I'm looking for neutral tips and bad habits that I may not have noticed. All I observed on my own was too many risky desperation fsmashes.

Thoughts?
Your wavedash/pivot grabs could use an improvement of accuracy.

I could study it more thoroughly to give some in-depth tips about habits, etc.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Work on your edgeguarding. I'm not saying you need to be crisp like M2K, but you only had 1 edgeguard in all 8 stocks you took, the rest was KOs by F-smash. You gotta stop giving the edge for free.
Work on your recovery, sweetspotting. This Fox let you off scot-free, but I saw a couple of times where he could just wait in shield near the edge and shine OoS and shine spike you right there.

The Fox tried to base the whole game around you coming to the middle instead of staying at the edge. You shouldn't play his game, instead try to force him to the edge. The whole game it was just you and him in the middle.

I liked your combo, last stock first match :)

ChivalRuse

Smash Hero
Can some experienced marth players help me. What do you do against people who crouch cancel a lot and I mean A LOT. Other than grab I'm having trouble finding solutions. Spaced fair works but it has to be spaced really well and/or delayed really late. Like seriously ccing wrecks marth's poke game so hard.

(Also, simply f-smashing doesn't work because ppl can react to that so easily)

Edit, normally I rely on grab (as a mixup or if it seems appropriate), down tilt, jab and reactive fairs to keep people out, but ccing shuts down so much of that.

Top Bottom