• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 52 - PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED - $500 OOS Bonus- Kansas City, KS - Oct 18th-19th

Zjiin

Smash Master
Nice. I'll find out later this week if Eddie is coming for sure. Then i'll know if i'll be needing a buddy. No offense to some of the people who have asked but i'll naturally be more open to teaming someone who i have before over those who i haven't. (and then onto those who are better, lol)

TRE1

Smash Apprentice
Yo zjiin, I'm waiting to hear back from a potential partner too. I'm not sure if it's gonna happen, so put me on your list of candidates also.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
There's a chance I'm coming from AZ with South Paw + company.

However, if its a 2-day event, there's a chance I can't go because of school.

EDIT: Very low chance I'm going now. I forgot that gas is expensive, as I don't drive.

Quaz

Smash Master
Yo zjiin, I'm waiting to hear back from a potential partner too. I'm not sure if it's gonna happen, so put me on your list of candidates also.
if Zjiin teams with someone eddie and then your partner cant team with you, then I will. We were still supposed to team a long while back at that one tourney!

Jace08

Smash Lord
There's a chance I'm coming from AZ with South Paw + company.
Hey, I remember South Paw; I ran into him in that one Gamer Coliseum tournament (yes, I played in an online Brawl tourney awhile back, it's not as bad as it sounds b/c I got ten bucks for winning it) Too bad you guys can't go, it would have been fun to see South Paw in person and play him in Melee.

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
you want to team with me Rob? your yoshi and my Roy would dominate the tourney scene. if we lose we could go shiek/fox.

it would be awesome if we played in singles like at the carbondale tourney
Yes, let's team.

chun1

Smash Apprentice
Illinois people

So what cars from Illinois are going to this? not too sure if i'm going, but I'd be more than willing to chip in for gas and food.

so is the second day going to be just singles? i'm assuming we can just show up on the 2nd day just for the singles tourney.

AustinRC

Smash Lord
In case Tink cant team with me does anyone else want to team with me? I'm trying to find someone around my skill level. Any thoughts? :D Thanks again guys just message me or AIM me my AIM is Gamewiz199 thanks again :D

2-Tone

Smash Journeyman
Man this is epic. I wish my job didn't suck or I'd make it to this. I guess I'll have to settle for Momo's. But way to keep Melee alive, Darkrain & Co.. Midwest is STILL too good!

Jesi

Smash Ace
so is the second day going to be just singles? i'm assuming we can just show up on the 2nd day just for the singles tourney.

Negatory. If, and that's IF, we do a two day tournament we would probably do a format in which pools for singles and teams would be finished on Saturday. The second day would be a bracket for singles (IE: 32 man) and doubles with seeding from the pools.

Again we're only planning on two days if we get over 100ppl coming. So far we're at 56...but there's still the whole month of September. We'll have to make the decision probably sometime before the last week of September so people have a chance to make travel arrangements but we need people to register fo'sho before then. :)

Also, those of you who are figuring out team mates on the boards here, if you would like to have your entry in the pre-registration page reflect your most current changes (Ie new team mate), just email to:

melee@jmloredo.com and we can do that. it just helps keep everything accurate and lets people know who still needs a team mate. ^_^

Rob_Gambino

Smash Lord
So what cars from Illinois are going to this? not too sure if i'm going, but I'd be more than willing to chip in for gas and food.

What part of Illinois you from? I believe we have 1 spot open in our car, but we're from Southern Illinois.

khepri

Smash Lord

Kels and I are looking for people who want to ride with us.

Zjiin

Smash Master
Kels and I are looking for people who want to ride with us.
If you guys are going by car, I'll ride with you. I was only planning on taking the train down to southern w/Tre becasue i figured everyone in chicago would john out of going. I'd chip in for gas and it would save me a 60 buck train ticket.

khepri

Smash Lord
If you guys are going by car, I'll ride with you. I was only planning on taking the train down to southern w/Tre becasue i figured everyone in chicago would john out of going. I'd chip in for gas and it would save me a 60 buck train ticket.
Good, now we just need one more person.

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I am going to beat you this time spaceballs, I swear it

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
We still have a mm$ right? I don't remember the details, but we set them up like a year ago...

Anyways, I need to focus more on melee if I want to do decently at this tourney. More smashfests!!
yes we do, it was my roy vs. your falcon which oddly enough was the only character I beat you with even though Fox is my best.

looking forward to playing you again

Cups

Smash Ace
I guess I need to find out if Smooth is going or not.

SMOOTH ARE YOU THERE? Z? DYC? Anybody. . .? :(

Jesi

Smash Ace
I'm here cups... lol but at the same time..I'm NOT HERE... >.> Btw, we brokk the 60 mark yesterday w00t!

SamDvds

Smash Ace
ok looks like i'll be flying in from the west coast for this tourney. still planning on coming though :)

Top Bottom