• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 52 - PREREGISTRATION REQUIRED - $500 OOS Bonus- Kansas City, KS - Oct 18th-19th

Big_R

Smash Champion
so he mighty mathos wants to come out to this bad boy. ****ing wizard of oz tourny gonna be 22222222goooodd!

Tink

Smash Hero
should def post this in the main tournament section if it gets turned into a 2 day event. im sure alot of people would come.

Echo

Smash Champion
i don't think i'm gonna be making this one... and it sounds like there are enough people from NE going to where they'll have enough drivers, though, so thats good.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
i don't think i'm gonna be making this one... and it sounds like there are enough people from NE going to where they'll have enough drivers, though, so thats good.
..............................................................................wtf.................................................................................

Uli

Smash Champion
Whats this? - cell

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
From DUCK"

Hey guys. This DUCK, el presidente del Game Interest Group (GIG) at the Johnson County Community College. (I'm using Stealth's account) Yes, that means I'm the guy directly responsible for providing the venue for this event.

We've had two very successful Brawl tournaments last summer, so I know this is going to be awesome. Like the last two times, the Club is going to be sitting back and hosting the event while Darkrain and his Barrio crew will be the ones running the show. I'll help wherever I can. Stealth Raptor will, too, since he's ex-president of this club and still dependable.

There's a few things I'd like to make clear.

The college can only provide 8 good tv's and 4 LCD projectors. That's all the AV department for that building can possibly muster. This event will rely heavily on setups brought in from outside. I'll be providing another tv and my club could probably scrounge 3-4 GCN's with Melee. I know Darkrain's crew has plenty more to fill in the 8 tv's provided, but bottom line is we need both TV's and systems. Bring what you can, and clearly tag your stuff for identification later.

Bring systems with confidence: I have put in a request to have Public Safety department watch over the event with an officer or two. This is for the sake of setups, plus the pot.

The School newspaper will probably be there, too, interviewing people. Be nice.

The college has a built-in food court with sushi, Pizza Hut, tacos, Chick-Fil-A, etc. But it closes at 1:00pm on Saturday. There's vending machines, though, so bring cash and quarters for them.

I've made the personal decision to say that, as of right now, the club has a healthy amount of funds to cover our needs, and therefore isn't looking to gain from this event. THERE WILL BE NO VENUE FEE. ALL MONEY GOING IN GOES OUT.

I like to save the best part for last :3
Best wishes to everyone planning on taking the trip down to Overland Park for this one, especally those coming in from far away. I hope to not disappoint.

-- -- DUCK"

EDIT: now i know how some of you guys feel when someone uses your account lol.

darkatma

Smash Hero
Wow the no venue fee is amazing

As for setups, LCD projector screens are not viable for melee play, so that means currently there are 8 setups. Darkrain and whoever else is running this tourney should start a TV/Setup count. I'll definitely bring in my gamecube. I'm sure St. Louis's crew also has portable TV's somewhere, I'll check with them.

I still advocate a sticky, whichever mod is in charge in here..

papermarkis

Smash Lord
What happened to all these rumors that M2K, Vidjo, Cactuar, God, and Chuck Norris were coming to this?

Also, who wants to team with a pretty crappy Falcon/Jiggs?

Jesi

Smash Ace
Wow, great post duck! I'll get darkie to remove the venue fee and maybe I'll go ahead and set up a list or something for bringing setups. Don't forget after 1pm there are several really close restaurants to eat at near the campus so no worries about that. We are seriously considering just making it a 2day event since we're already at almost 70 and we're only partway through September. I have PM'd two moderators to get this stickied but I haven't heard back yet so soon hopefully! ^_^

-Jesi

btw if you're wondering darkrain runs this thread, the preregistration page is hosted off my old website and the preregistration forms and pages were all made by me! :p Have to take credit where it's due... :p darkrain and crew will, as duck said, be responsible for running the touranment and we have plenty of practice so rest assured! ^_^

I might add a selection for bringing a TV onto the form, either that or dark'll start a list here on the thread.

EDIT: It would be great if players like that came... but it would be even cooler if they actually preregistered instead of surprising us if they do come! lol

Top Bottom