• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 52 Oct 18th-19th Kansas Results

Omega_Star

Smash Lord
Time for shoutouts:

Darkrain: Great job hosting this tournament, it was the best I've ever been to. Also, freaking epic on the big screen.

ihavespaceballs: Awesome Samus, you were fun to play, and are also pretty cool.

dmac: It was fun playing you, you're pretty cool. Nice Ganon.

M2K: Your playing is truly awesome to behold. I'm glad I got to play you, I experienced true terror.

Cactuar: I knew you were really good, but I didn't know you were that good. It was fun and challenging to play against you, and you've got a good sense of humor. Don't quit Melee.

Hungrybox: Nice playing friendlies, great job 4-stocking M2K, lol.

Scar: Nice playing you, you were pretty cool. FD only lolz.

Euphoria: Thanks for the Marth advice, I'm sad that I didn't get to play friendlies against you though.

RaynEX: Wow, incredible tech skill,

Wife: It was cool getting to meet such a historical and involved member of the Smash community such as yourself. Also, I'm going to upload those videos vs. Shade you wanted to see as soon as I can get the firewire cable for my camera.

SuperDoodleMan: Omg SuperDoodleMan.

Everyone else I played friendlies with: Nice playing friendlies with you all, sorry I don't remember all of your names :p

KOS-MOS: Good **** making 17th, you'll get those Falcons next time ;)

The rest of Oklahoma: You all are awesome.

It was an amazing tournament, I look forward to yet another iteration.

papermarkis

Smash Lord
Time for papermarkis' epic shout-outs of awesome and win:

M2K - Yay, you won, again, wow
Cactuar - Fox's nair is the best ****ing move in the game
Wife - Good **** in teams teaming up with the world's best teammate killer
Jiano - Thanks for sandbagging to me in friendlies
Jesi and N64 - It was good seeing you again, but don't leave without telling anyone again!
Scar - Thanks for tips on recording equipment and the friendlies
Z - Don't grab ever again
dmac and Phat - Thanks for the food, you guys are 2 good to me
DYC - My PS2 cries for Persona 3
Cups - Great playing in crews, I was shouting "That's my RA!"
Rachel (Cups' gf) - Awesome nametags!
Darkrain - You're truly an inspiration, can't wait to host another tourney!
Mango - WTF?
Canada - You guys are all awesome, aye
Nebraska - Love your crew, see you guys again
South Crew - Nice posse, G

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
arrogant is my new bf

smokin blunts and gettin *** all day

thats my kinda lyfe :)

CFMV

"The Marf"
I've got some off screen recordings until Scar gets his better quality ones uploaded. So far i've put up

Darkrain vs Cactuar (Loser's Finals)
1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7lDRwYf49I
2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5pInf8GtVE
3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDWaNljQ1U8
4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M1-v1VPU2oE -I don't know why this video is so laggy, the source video was fine. Must be some problem with youtube.

Darkrain vs Soft (friendlies)
1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOwCuCeddE4
2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRYiv_xTcCk
3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twCn9jbe_nU

I've got some more of Hungrybox vs Darkrain, Raynex vs Hungrybox, Darkrain vs Raynex, Dark vs M2k, and a couple of Wife's matches I believe. I'll upload them soon.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
strong bad - every dk should start their matches off with falling off a platform to side-b.
LMAO, was that at the beginning of a friendly against Cactuar, or you? I meant to run -> shorthop forward -> turn around w/ neutral B -> stop charging (R) -> bair. You can obviously see how well that worked out.

another shoutout

PB&J: Because your commentary is hilarious. Back off mah chick!

FaceLoran

Smash Champion
Darkrizzle my nizzle you're still the winner in Nebraska's hearts you know that :-P

Mew2king you take monies and you slumped me in pools.

Deathmizzle when we gonna play again??? Come to Nebraska this weekend and there may be a Mexi.

Florida JIgglypuff player, you dominate me on gay stages. I need to learn how to win on those *sigh*

Rest of Kansas/Missou guys good seeing you all again, it's always fun and it had been too long.

Phatgames obv this trip wouldn't have been possible without you and your family utting up with us. Can't thank you enough.

HugQ nice Samus.

ZivBane you woulda beat me if you didn't SD :-/

BigR I had fun playing your Falco, your style is tricky to play against.

Nebraska guys you know I love you all it was way too fun.

~GregDang!~

Smash Master
My shoutouts:

Darkrain: Great Tourney man! Hope to play you sometime soon.
Phatgamer: Thanks for housing Iowa man. We had tons of fun Saturday night.
Phatgamer's Mom: Great breakfast and thanks for getting us when we were lost.
Uli, Slik, George, and I forgot your other friend's name (Srry): Always fun hanging out with you guys. We had crazy adventures before playing Single Pools.
JBM: Thanks for letting us use your car to go get something to eat. Sorry bout not getting you anything but, that place was really bad. If you come to Des Moines this weekend, I'll pay for your food and give you gas money If you want 2.
Scar: Great games man. I want to get good with Falcon sometime so we could have an equal match.
GOTM: Yea man that was a gay pool! LOL! All Jiggz players but, we had good games man. Hope to meet you and Scar sometime again.
hungeybox: Pretty gay Jiggz man but, good games. :D
Mo: Good **** making Brackets man. We need too play sometime.
Smeesh: Good **** making Brackets too. See you at Joker's man.
Secks.: Always good seeing you man. You crack me up!
Gambit: Good seeing you again man. Teams were so much fun.
MTKD: Thanks for driving us!
Kudou: We need to fire up games and practice our ***** off to get amazing man.

To everyone else: GG's guys. I haven't had that much fun since FCD.

idea

Smash Master
LMAO, was that at the beginning of a friendly against Cactuar, or you? I meant to run -> shorthop forward -> turn around w/ neutral B -> stop charging (R) -> bair. You can obviously see how well that worked out.
this was vs. cactuar...and, okay, that makes a lot more sense than what actually happened...although he wouldn't have still been there by the time your bair came out =P

Biggest sandbagging in tournament ever??
last match of grand finals, cactuar picks jiggs vs. mew2king's fox, goes to mute, and answers a call halfway through the match.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
and, okay, that makes a lot more sense than what actually happened...although he wouldn't have still been there by the time your bair came out =P
Mindgames, son! >_> <_< It'd have been too cool had it landed on Cactuar. I'd have had to taunt "UH-ROO?!" immediately afterwards. laugh-cancel.

Someone had better have gotten that whole M2K vs. Cactuar thing on off-screen camera.

Wife

Smash Lord

Darkrain -- Great tournament. It was good to see you at my terminal, even better to see you in the grand finals sitting next to me. I'd love to do it again sometime.
Dmac -- You really helped to make the tournament. You and those rolly chairs. Good to get know you better, good luck at school.

Cups/Reezo/Z/Dyc -- Good lookin out.

Echo -- Good to meet you, I'm going to go out and buy a track jacket so I can be as cool as you lol
Atma/Geno -- Good **** guys, keep on attending

Scar -- Dude you move like no other Falcon moves. When you harness that power, you'll be among the best I have no doubt.
GOTM -- I mean, it's fine. It's totally fine. Couldn't have survived some of those tourny moments without you and Scar. WTF come to MD I come up to you guys all the friggin time.

Raynex -- Good matches I love watching your fox dance around
Soft -- LOL Wife from 2005 I love it. Keep it coming bro

Rock/Queen -- Definitely impressed by your teamwork. Smooth stuff.

Cobol/Jiano -- GGs, I enjoyed them.

lol, I yelled at hungrybox during our bracket match
Really?? Because I had to do the exact same thing.
Hungry Box -- I'm sorry I snapped at you -- twice -- but you need to respect people's space dude. Don't touch their food and don't get in their personal space bubble and all.

And Hungry Box, dude, you have to shake people's hands after a match. You did it to me and I saw you do it to other people. No one likes to lose but it's respectful to acknowledge your opponent afterward like everybody else. Cobol and JMan are your age and they don't act like that so no age johns . . .
Hopefully next time I see you it will be on better terms.

Oh, and Cactuar vs Darkrain is definitely the largest sandbag in tourny history.

But anyway amazing tourny thank you everbody for the love and for the matches. Come to the east coast soon.

Razor

Smash Journeyman
someone has to fix that fourth vid. it looks like it's the best one. from what i can tell, cactuar + n-air = busted falcon shields

yeah, it definitely looks like a sandbag by cactus face. but then again, it can't be much of a sandbag if he won the last match with a jv 3 stock.

Top Bottom