• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 52 Oct 18th-19th Kansas Results

JFox

Smash Hero
I don't think many people would agree that Mango is a candidate for the number 1 spot dude.
Most people on the east coast, sure. LOL talk to west coast about mango. He is the m2k of west coast.

M2k is not keeping up with the game, meanwhile Mango is only getting better. We don't see it cuz he doesn't get the chance to play west coast, but last time he beat literally everyone here, and post-brawl most people he beat are now worse than before (including m2k). At the time remember, he also lacked a lot of experience. Since brawl's release, Mango has just been playin melee. He has also picked up beast secondaries, and has become smarter than before.

I'm not saying he IS #1, just leavin the possibility open. I know its speculatory, but I don't doubt the fact that he may be better than m2k at this point. I also wouldn't doubt m2k's ability to win it either, just that its hard to say now.

JFox

Smash Hero
Agreed. Mew2King is definitely the best.

lol wut

He still plays Melee a lot.
Inui, M2k has remained stagnant. He is just so far from everyone else, than people still havent caught up to him. But he still doesn't know how to beat Mango's jiggs, and I believe that Mango is currently at his prime, meaning that he has improved since the last time they played (which was ages and ages ago).

I dont wanna say he is worse (although i do believe he is less technically sound, even though he is still as smart) just that he is stagnant.

Again, its too hard to judge who would win between the two.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
jfox has the best peach in NE

c0rt retired ... or he stopped playing peach

Echo

Smash Champion
lol wtf Wife I can hook you up with a jacket if you wanna be a pimp. for real though it was nice meeting you, send me a msg sometime for a nice tourney around your area, I'd definetely be down for that.

PB&J

Smash Hero
ken y u have no idea what ur talking about...who cares...tournament was fun best venue in the world....shout outs come later

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
My opinion is that I think mango will beat me, but that i'm a better overall melee player in terms of using more characters, and doing the best vs the most people, esp if Azen/Ken/others still played since I'm really good vs top tiers, and even more so as time goes on..

however...

the truth is I stopped playing melee after pound3; i only play like 2 days before big tourneys for a few hours each day, then i take breaks for months without doing anything. That's the real truth currently. I have little to no motivation since the game is smaller, but darkrain's tourney was a blast! I would say my prime is the best OVERALL melee player though, but the game's too small for me to care..

...unless someone wants to visit me and play, that'll make me play almost anyday!!!

edit - I love jman a lot, but the last time we fought in tourney, even though he was probably playing bad, i 4 stocked him twice in a row. Come on, even though he was probably off (although he beat a sandbagging cactuar the prior set) that at least has to count for something. I also almost 4 stocked jiano twice in a row at event 52. If you have big melee tourneys often I'll be inspired to play, but I only attend random events.

Hungrybox gave me more trouble than anyone else at that tourney, but that's probably since he uses puff.

convince cactuar not to quit, and then play with me like we used to in 06/07, i miss those days =(

GOTM

Smash Champion
m2k i really dont think you would lose to mango, i think its all in your head. you can beat him.

also, i personally dont think mango is top 5. we see m2k have trouble vs. him, and to us thats saying like the #1 player cant beat him, so hes def. the best, but thats not true. cactuar imo can beat mango in any tourney, and whos saying shiz and pkm cant. i think pc is smart enough to as well. idk i just cant put mango top 5 because i think its only m2k's jiggs problem thats making everyone think that

chun1

Smash Apprentice
this is ray chun. i had a great time at this tourny. i played terribly and i got owned by mostly everyone, but it was fun.

the only real shoutouts i have are to the ppl in kel's car. it was a sucky drive, but at least it was fun. i nearly killed us all falling asleep while driving, but that got the blood flowing.

the kansas ppl really treated us well. phatgamer's mom cooked for us and made us coffee. even with all the smashers there, it didn't smell like a bag full of douches. also, the venue was really something. i expected more ppl to come, but 100+ is pretty good.

cactuar is probably one of the nicest top five players i've ever met. m2k is kind of insane, he smells really bad, but he's amazing. if it weren't for m2k, this tourny wouldn't be a national one. good shi1t.

a complaint i have is something about echo and dmac. i heard echo had a better record and didn't make the bracket. wtf is that about? if someone can explain it to me, then go right ahead. i saw a couple of echo's matches and he played well the 2nd day. i thought he'd make it.

also, mundungu getting messed up in the pylon was seriously wrong. that definitely made the last night really awkward and uncool. i'm not even sure what exactly happened, but that was not right.

the canadians were mad cool and the florida ppl are crazy, so it was pretty fun seeing all the out of state ppl.

i think melee is dying, but maybe this upcoming year better tournies will come out. gg's.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
king and hungrybox have 4 stocked me in friendlies before LOL, but i've also 3 stocked (jv 4 on hungrybox on DL64) them too LOL. Fox vs jiggs is the stupidest match, you either **** them, get *****, or it's close. I think it really just comes down to how good the Fox is playing, as I don't think perfect Fox can lose. I think I was playing soft? or some other jiggs at darkrains one night and after I started playing really well instead of having close games I kept 4 stocking him repeatedly, where as before I started playing like that we'd have really close games.

and that's really the thing about melee, if you don't have a lot of tech skill (at least with fox) the difference becomes exponential.

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
Aarolame*ss is some dude from motha' f*ckin' Timbuktu, who can't spell "Aero," with some girly-*ss emo n*ggas who try and clown, but just be whack as hell, my dudes. :laugh: Y'all nikkas that scared of ***** Scar!? Y'all best trust y'all got b*tch*ssness in ya. They on some Homo Interview with the vampire type sh*t.

lol why does this kid hate me. "Aaro" is because my actual name is "Aaron" you weirdo.

I say you could quote me, guy? Naw. I didn't. And yeah, dude. . . I know your name. You was tryin' be cute with the Aaro like Aero, which is mad gay. And don't hate me, my dude. Hate my swag. . .

A.

pockyD

Smash Legend
m2k i really dont think you would lose to mango, i think its all in your head. you can beat him.

also, i personally dont think mango is top 5. we see m2k have trouble vs. him, and to us thats saying like the #1 player cant beat him, so hes def. the best, but thats not true. cactuar imo can beat mango in any tourney, and whos saying shiz and pkm cant. i think pc is smart enough to as well. idk i just cant put mango top 5 because i think its only m2k's jiggs problem thats making everyone think that
Winners' bracket
Lost to Silent Wolf

Losers' bracket
Defeated Mathos
Defeated Sliq
Defeated Cactaur
Defeated Forward
Defeated Azen
Defeated Chu
Defeated Cort
Defeated PC Chris
Defeated M2k
Defeated M2k

granted, that was 8 months ago, but while most people on that list have greatly decreased their melee play-time in favor of brawl or other things, mango is still playing melee in full force

I don't see how you can NOT put him top 5

dmac

Smash Champion
the thing about that pool was simply that there was a 4-3 set tie in the pool between me, khepri, and echo. i beat khepri and echo heads up, and khepri beat echo heads up. overall i had a 9-7 w/l count and echo had a 11-7(or something) w/l count. for the whole tourney we had been running heads up matches to break set ties and it sucks for echo but its just how it happened. the only reason echo had a better record with w/l was because he had more 1-2 set losses with people, but that was the absolute last thing thing we used to break ties.

i went over this several times with people and explained it, im not sure how people are still confused about it :-/ this happened three times that one person was knocked out because of it.

GOTM

Smash Champion
mango beat cactus in fox dittos at that tourney =/ cactus let him win, he would have done no where near as well

darkatma

Smash Hero
the thing about that pool was simply that there was a 4-3 set tie in the pool between me, khepri, and echo. i beat khepri and echo heads up, and khepri beat echo heads up. overall i had a 9-7 w/l count and echo had a 11-7(or something) w/l count. for the whole tourney we had been running heads up matches to break set ties and it sucks for echo but its just how it happened. the only reason echo had a better record with w/l was because he had more 1-2 set losses with people, but that was the absolute last thing thing we used to break ties.

i went over this several times with people and explained it, im not sure how people are still confused about it :-/ this happened three times that one person was knocked out because of it.
one of the times was me =[

I had a better w/l record than spiritdragon but he beat me
*sniffles*

lol

edit:
I agree with Khepri, are pools going up? I kinda wanna see them

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
ken y u have no idea what ur talking about...who cares...tournament was fun best venue in the world....shout outs come later
..... i hate it wen people cant take a joke

n e who .. mew2king i believe you can beat mango

you r the king of smash, the top spot is rightfully yours, no1 has worked as hard you my friend ... take that crown off that god dam jigglypuff and take your throne

jus like the commentator at evoeast said " this is why hes king!!" maybe u shuld meditate and think about the days u spent playing, the love you have for the game, the passion and hunger u once had of winning and then think how mango stole it from you at pound 3

doesnt it anger you? the days he called you a johner .. and now he has this psychological edge over you and now you dont even think u can beat him ... id rather see u john then admit hes better then you god damit

there will be more tournies .. the samsh community is not going n e where ... now its time for you to get hungry and release the beast inside of you jason!!!

now go out there and kick mangos @S$S$S$S$S$S$S$S$S$$S$S$!!!!!!!!!!

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...

this happened to me at vls second round pools...****ty way to go out:(

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
All this speculation as to who's better's BS. Straight up. . .
Get all these clowns y'all mention in one room and pit them against one another's the best way. Y'all forget, mental strength's part of what makes a player better than another, even if technically one guy knows the game better. Without that tough mind, he'll fall for all sorts of junk. In fact, that's why M2K's so legit. (Ya'll didn't even dispute it.) Dude keeps his composure and knows the game in and out.

I've heard dude talk 'bout frame and sh*t and what's best to do in certain situations within those frames, stuff like that. Sh*t goes over my head 'cause I don't play the jawn. Just actually started, like. . . yesterday. :lol: Still. . . Next major, make some money matches, get dudes to go for the rumble, and settle it that way. All this other stuff 'bout Mango this, Cactaur that's nonsense.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
I'm sorry but I need to address some things that I feel I need to say since this is always brought up countless times

He lost 1 of 2 jiggs dittos to sliq, and then went fox to **** him. He knows the jiggs fox matchup too well, but sliq is not someone he should be losing matches to.

Forward threw his set, I heard Forward used Mewtwo or something but idk what really happened

Cactuar threw his set.

Azen won 2 stock low % with marth on DL64, went Fox and lost, then went fox again on green greens, hit the bombs 3 times and lost.

Chu got gimped under corneria, and went GW 2nd game, won legit 1st. It was a regular close win, but I just think it's dumb he went GW, it's his fault for being ******** the 3rd game.

Cort said he was up 2 stock to 1 both games but messed up and got gimped.

PC didn't DI up throw rest, and seemed really easy when I fought him just before, as i 3-2-2 stocked him, and he usually is better than that, and lost a lot of close games from mostly unorthodox technical mistakes or close peach games.

I forward Bd off the stage, and mentally gave up by the 2nd set like an idiot.

I just felt like those wins weren't really that big of a deal besides just regular wins. Like obviously it's really good that he did them, but there's too many instances I would call "lucky" that happened at that tourney. Obviously he's extremely good, probably top 3 in the US, but with things like Forward and Cactuar throwing the set, and just little lucky things here and there, I would not give that as much credibility as everyone else gives him, especially since everything was so close, and even more especially since it's basically the main or only thing brought up time and time again.

I do not think I will beat him if i fight him, but that's mainly because he uses puff. I'll still say I'm a better player even if he ***** me next time, since I use far more characters well, and do better vs a lot more people much more often, and most of the time I beat people it's by a really big margin instead of being really close. That would make me overall better, and that is my reasoning to say that. I realize you may call me biased because he acts condescending towards me for whatever reason, but I'm not trying to have bias when I say that, because all those things to my knowledge are actually all the truth.

dmac

Smash Champion
also for anyone who wasn't there, all those matches were done at 1am or later, concluding with mango vs m2k at around 4am. mango had the little kid doesn't need sleep strength thing going for him

MaNg0

Smash Hero
lol hmm not in the top 5 aye

u guys are *****es hahah

and like ive said i havent done enuff to be number
one but i think my skill is up

there

ahhh ****

either way

*** u east coast

cept cactuar <333

dmac

Smash Champion
i know certain people gave up or cared less because of simply how tired they were. theres no way you can say that after two days of tourney + typical amounts of tourney sleep + that it was monday morning when bracket play started, it didnt' affect *some* matches and the quality of play people normally can perform

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
I'm sorry but I need to address some things that I feel I need to say since this is always brought up countless times

He lost 1 of 2 jiggs dittos to sliq, and then went fox to **** him. He knows the jiggs fox matchup too well, but sliq is not someone he should be losing matches to.

Forward threw his set, I heard Forward used Mewtwo or something but idk what really happened

Cactuar threw his set.

Azen won 2 stock low % with marth on DL64, went Fox and lost, then went fox again on green greens, hit the bombs 3 times and lost.

Chu got gimped under corneria, and went GW 2nd game, won legit 1st. It was a regular close win, but I just think it's dumb he went GW, it's his fault for being ******** the 3rd game.

Cort said he was up 2 stock to 1 both games but messed up and got gimped.

PC didn't DI up throw rest, and seemed really easy when I fought him just before, as i 3-2-2 stocked him, and he usually is better than that, and lost a lot of close games from mostly unorthodox technical mistakes or close peach games.

I forward Bd off the stage, and mentally gave up by the 2nd set like an idiot.

I just felt like those wins weren't really that big of a deal besides just regular wins. Like obviously it's really good that he did them, but there's too many instances I would call "lucky" that happened at that tourney. Obviously he's extremely good, probably top 3 in the US, but with things like Forward and Cactuar throwing the set, and just little lucky things here and there, I would not give that as much credibility as everyone else gives him, especially since everything was so close, and even more especially since it's basically the main or only thing brought up time and time again.

I do not think I will beat him if i fight him, but that's mainly because he uses puff. I'll still say I'm a better player even if he ***** me next time, since I use far more characters well, and do better vs a lot more people much more often, and most of the time I beat people it's by a really big margin instead of being really close. That would make me overall better, and that is my reasoning to say that. I realize you may call me biased because he acts condescending towards me for whatever reason, but I'm not trying to have bias when I say that, because all those things to my knowledge are actually all the truth.
Yo punch him in the face, J!

MaNg0

Smash Hero
sliq didnt beat me in puff dittos

i went falcon 2nd match and he beat me

forward told me i have a better chance of

going furhter

and i have beaten him twice before in az =D

and that 3rd match with azen was fox dittos *stretch*

i ***** chu with fsmashes ahh ****

cort - get ***** i belive a 3 stock first match ahhhhh ****

pc - i only up threw rest like one in the whole set -_-
the one on corneria he went peach on me

and m2k - GET **** *****

had to win 2 sets like a champ

raaaape

and lol at the whole sleep thing

gotta love east coast

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
kick his *** mew2king

hes disrespecting you ... theres all the motivation you fuking need .. beating mangos ***

no hard feelings mango but i gotta defend home territory u understand

hype hype hype

Mew2King

King of the Mews
if cort got 3 stocked then he lied, he told me he said he thinks he should have won both, and that's all I have to base off of and since I'm friends with him I would take his word. I still think it's dumb that it's brought up beating Forward and Cactuar when they threw their sets, and I don't think you should have beaten me or Azen. You probably would have beaten Forward anyway, I'm not sure about Azen, I think you got lucky vs me and azen (also, I DID Give up by the 2nd set, because I'm emo and stupid, and I realize that's my fault but stop taking it to heart so much), but you'd probably win now.

Anyways, I don't see why you are so cocky and rude mango. Every thread i go into you say condescending things about me, and when you win you get up and the first thing you immediately say is "HOW DOES IT FEEL". It's things like that that I can't respect. If you were a nice or respectful person I wouldn't even care at all.

Top Bottom