• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 52 Oct 18th-19th Kansas Results

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I'm sorry but I need to address some things that I feel I need to say since this is always brought up countless times

[johns]
Dude, Mango went through the toughest bracket of any pro, ever, beat them all, and then beat the top two players in melee back-to-back in three overall sets.

Anything else is just johns. You could john about that kind of crap in any match, dude...

I just felt like those wins weren't really that big of a deal besides just regular wins. Like obviously it's really good that he did them, but there's too many instances I would call "lucky" that happened at that tourney.
Has anyone else been "lucky" and beaten Forward, Cactuar, Chu Dat, Cort, Azen, PC Chris, M2K and M2K? Those are seven of the top 20 players in the country, and honestly probably six of the top 10 players in the country.

Oh yeah, with zero out of state national tournament experience. With a character that was ranked, what, sixth on the tier list at the time?

Obviously he's extremely good, probably top 3 in the US, but with things like Forward and Cactuar throwing the set
He's beat Forward before, and if Cactuar is going to sandbag in tournament, that's his business. A win is a win. Either way, that's six wins over five of the top 10 players in the country.... In his first out of state national tournament.

How many people beat Cort, Azen, Chu Dat, PC Chris, or yourself in a tournament over the course of a year? We can count that on hand. And he did it all in one tournament in the toughest bracket ever. You're just being a hater. I'm not even sure you could do that. Could you beat Cort, Azen, Chu Dat, PC Chris, Ken and then Ken again coming from Losers? Oh, and we'll make you play, say, Drephen and SilentSpectre on the way too.

and just little lucky things here and there, I would not give that as much credibility as everyone else gives him, especially since everything was so close, and even more especially since it's basically the main or only thing brought up time and time again.
Because you're in denial. Your john is he beat you because he's Jigglypuff. If a matchup ***** you that badly, guess what? You're not the best in the world.

I do not think I will beat him if i fight him, but that's mainly because he uses puff.
And I would've thought high-level melee play has evolved past character johns?

Even if what you say is true, it's irrelevant. It's so disrespectful and so childish as to even bring up. It's a factor in competitive play EVERYONE has to deal with. You are not an exception. No one cares that you suck against Jigglypuff. If you still haven't figured out the matchup in as many years as you've been playing, that's an indictment on your own skill, not a convenient john. Mango beat you because he was better than you in those two sets. Get over it.

I'll still say I'm a better player even if he ***** me next time, since I use far more characters well, and do better vs a lot more people much more often, and most of the time I beat people it's by a really big margin instead of being really close. That would make me overall better, and that is my reasoning to say that. I realize you may call me biased because he acts condescending towards me for whatever reason, but I'm not trying to have bias when I say that, because all those things to my knowledge are actually all the truth.
For one, tournament results are the only thing that matter, and he beat you tournament twice.

You had two sets and you did not beat him. Two sets!

Um, he beat Azen, PC Chris, Chu Dat, Cort, Cactuar, Forward, and yourself. I don't think it's possible to do any better vs more people than that. Azen, PC Chris, Chu Dat, and yourself are by far the best melee players. Along with Ken and KDJ and Isai in his prime, they are on a whole separate entity of smash. Mango not only faced all of them and beat them, he did it in one tournament in his first opportunity to do that. That takes ridiculous consistency and skill against a number of characters and play styles.

Again, stop hating.

This is the reason no one roots for you at tournaments. Me me me me everything is about M2K, it doesn't matter because M2K's rationalization takes precedence over everyone else's, and it matters only for YOU that you suck against Jigglypuff because you're M2K and you get an exception.

No. You got ***** by Mango in tournament. He went through the toughest bracket anyone can fathom. If you were to create an ironman bracket of sorts, Mango's would be it. There are no number of johns that can make that not so.

Hearing the East Coast talk about Mango's skill is just one big john and one big form of denial. Mango is easily the best player in the world, and I'd put money on him beating M2K with Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff and Falcon. And if he decides to truly put his mind toward learning Marth, in Marth dittos as well.

Anyways, I don't see why you are so cocky and rude mango. Every thread i go into you say condescending things about me, and when you win you get up and the first thing you immediately say is "HOW DOES IT FEEL". It's things like that that I can't respect. If you were a nice or respectful person I wouldn't even care at all.
Mango is one of the nicest smashers you'll meet. You obviously don't know him at all, and even more obviously suck in social situations. It is blatantly obvious Mango is joking; it's just a part of his persona. You only take it so personally because you can't come to grips with the fact that he came on East Coast turf and ***** you for your crown.

TheLake

Smash Master
O my god i havent poseted anything yet in this thread
Which is terrible cause my word is quite important in the community *nods*

lol to everything

Pakman fuse with ka-master so you fellas can have a luigi so hott that not even luigis fireballs will suck anymore

Arrogant - If you go ANYWHERE and you bring anybody who has an *** resembling the ones in your sig (guy or girl).....then by the gods i have to be there O_O

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
Long redundant post.
Summary: Mango went through a ridiculous bracket at Pound 3. M2K johns about fighting jigglypuff.

I'd put money on him beating M2K with Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff and Falcon.

Mango is good ... like really good..., but saying that he even has a chance against M2K with any character but Jigglypuff is ludicrous.

Life After Death

Smash Champion
lol mango is not overall better than m2k. thats just a a wet dream u cats wish u had. not even better than kdj yet. only thing he proved in that tourney is that he has potential to be the best and thats saying alot real talk homie.

yea its true m2k is a little b*tch but at least he a nice kid though. he'll learn that lesson in life eventually. he'll learn to just play and not whine. everyone does. cept EGGM LOLOLO

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
O my god i havent poseted anything yet in this thread
Which is terrible cause my word is quite important in the community *nods*

lol to everything

Pakman fuse with ka-master so you fellas can have a luigi so hott that not even luigis fireballs will suck anymore

Arrogant - If you go ANYWHERE and you bring anybody who has an *** resembling the ones in your sig (guy or girl).....then by the gods i have to be there O_O
Dude, I would never bring a chick to a Smash tournament. . . Ever. Sorry, my dude.

Alukard

Smash Hero
dammm this definitely turned into ... WC vs EC ALL DAI ... we need a puff punch 4 =]

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
All the random sh*t he posted. . .
Here's the answer. . .
Life After Death said:
lol mango is not overall better than m2k. thats just a a wet dream u cats wish u had. not even better than kdj yet. only thing he proved in that tourney is that he has potential to be the best and thats saying alot real talk homie
/thread.

Y'all Mango cronies on some "Gas Masters" type sh*t. Ya'll gassin' dude up 'bout this 'he can take M2K'. On the real. . . y'all is O.D.'n it.:rotfl:

Quit gassin'. . .

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
u blaze arrogant?

and to life after death ... KDJ isnt a top level pro n e more so mango would own him hardcore

alukard dont get it twisted its mango vs m2k

lol of course ha passed the test .. hes puertorican hes a pimp kid lol

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
u blaze arrogant?

and to life after death ... KDJ isnt a top level pro n e more so mango would own him hardcore

alukard dont get it twisted its mango vs m2k

lol of course ha passed the test .. hes puertorican hes a pimp kid lol
Nah man. . . I'm good, my ***'. I don't blaze. :rotfl: @ smokin' n*ggas.
Enjoy smokin' that sh*t from y'all necks!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L7bHdo2DJHY

I keep my lungs clean so ***** don't struggle to breath when he murkin' them booties.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
i dont smoke cigarrettes lol and i dont even blaze everyday so im prety sure that wont be happening lol ... i jus thot u did from one of the pictures u had ... my b homie

anywho wtf happened with the **** tAlk!?

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
This thread has become quite dumb...it's not even a shoutout thread anymore...

:(

:colorful:
shut up
im kinda a big deal.
shut up
Dude, Mango went through the toughest bracket of any pro, ever, beat them all, and then beat the top two players in melee back-to-back in three overall sets.

Anything else is just johns. You could john about that kind of crap in any match, dude...

Has anyone else been "lucky" and beaten Forward, Cactuar, Chu Dat, Cort, Azen, PC Chris, M2K and M2K? Those are seven of the top 20 players in the country, and honestly probably six of the top 10 players in the country.

Oh yeah, with zero out of state national tournament experience. With a character that was ranked, what, sixth on the tier list at the time?

He's beat Forward before, and if Cactuar is going to sandbag in tournament, that's his business. A win is a win. Either way, that's six wins over five of the top 10 players in the country.... In his first out of state national tournament.

How many people beat Cort, Azen, Chu Dat, PC Chris, or yourself in a tournament over the course of a year? We can count that on hand. And he did it all in one tournament in the toughest bracket ever. You're just being a hater. I'm not even sure you could do that. Could you beat Cort, Azen, Chu Dat, PC Chris, Ken and then Ken again coming from Losers? Oh, and we'll make you play, say, Drephen and SilentSpectre on the way too.

Because you're in denial. Your john is he beat you because he's Jigglypuff. If a matchup ***** you that badly, guess what? You're not the best in the world.

And I would've thought high-level melee play has evolved past character johns?

Even if what you say is true, it's irrelevant. It's so disrespectful and so childish as to even bring up. It's a factor in competitive play EVERYONE has to deal with. You are not an exception. No one cares that you suck against Jigglypuff. If you still haven't figured out the matchup in as many years as you've been playing, that's an indictment on your own skill, not a convenient john. Mango beat you because he was better than you in those two sets. Get over it.

For one, tournament results are the only thing that matter, and he beat you tournament twice.

You had two sets and you did not beat him. Two sets!

Um, he beat Azen, PC Chris, Chu Dat, Cort, Cactuar, Forward, and yourself. I don't think it's possible to do any better vs more people than that. Azen, PC Chris, Chu Dat, and yourself are by far the best melee players. Along with Ken and KDJ and Isai in his prime, they are on a whole separate entity of smash. Mango not only faced all of them and beat them, he did it in one tournament in his first opportunity to do that. That takes ridiculous consistency and skill against a number of characters and play styles.

Again, stop hating.

This is the reason no one roots for you at tournaments. Me me me me everything is about M2K, it doesn't matter because M2K's rationalization takes precedence over everyone else's, and it matters only for YOU that you suck against Jigglypuff because you're M2K and you get an exception.

No. You got ***** by Mango in tournament. He went through the toughest bracket anyone can fathom. If you were to create an ironman bracket of sorts, Mango's would be it. There are no number of johns that can make that not so.

Hearing the East Coast talk about Mango's skill is just one big john and one big form of denial. Mango is easily the best player in the world, and I'd put money on him beating M2K with Fox, Falco, Jigglypuff and Falcon. And if he decides to truly put his mind toward learning Marth, in Marth dittos as well.

Mango is one of the nicest smashers you'll meet. You obviously don't know him at all, and even more obviously suck in social situations. It is blatantly obvious Mango is joking; it's just a part of his persona. You only take it so personally because you can't come to grips with the fact that he came on East Coast turf and ***** you for your crown.
who cares at least people are posting lol
ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
:chuckle:

Looks like Pedobear likes his Smash players young and curious there. What the hell, Mango?:rotfl: That's mad gay. :rotfl:
i dothat with my bros sometimes :) jk

but really .. atleast mango is not lying face down :chuckle:

forward

Smash Champion
I'll **** mango's ****ty joke characters. /real

I'll **** his puff if I played against anyone who uses puff, but the only time I play puff is in tournaments.
I can **** everyone in the top 10 at melee, but i always loose close sets to some players cuz i make a mistake and they get the psychological advantage. /joke

I'm amazing at melee. /real

M2K is not as good as mango. /joke

Mango ***** m2k. /joke

Where are the vids of this tournament? /MOTHER ****ING REAL LETS SEE THEM

BrawlLover

Smash Champion
I'll **** mango's ****ty joke characters. /real

I'll **** his puff if I played against anyone who uses puff, but the only time I play puff is in tournaments.
I can **** everyone in the top 10 at melee, but i always loose close sets to some players cuz i make a mistake and they get the psychological advantage. /joke

I'm amazing at melee. /real

M2K is not as good as mango. /joke

Mango ***** m2k. /joke

Where are the vids of this tournament? /MOTHER ****ING REAL LETS SEE THEM
Posted. I read.

Ryan-K

Smash Master
mew2king people root against u cuz u usually win anyway and you are never the underdog, plus that marth fox **** is mad old lol plus don't lie dude you have like a line of ppl who would do anything to play you for like 5 minutes on the boards

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
the truth is I stopped playing melee after pound3; i only play like 2 days before big tourneys for a few hours each day, then i take breaks for months without doing anything. That's the real truth currently. I have little to no motivation since the game is smaller, but darkrain's tourney was a blast! I would say my prime is the best OVERALL melee player though, but the game's too small for me to care..

You're right, The game is too small. It almost makes me want to stop playing melee, the game is fun yeah, but without tournaments its like playing for nothing.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Again, its too hard to judge who would win between the two.
I disagree with all of this and what M2K says, I honestly think it's clear that M2K is better than Mango as a smash player, but he sucks under pressure and therefore loses to him in high pressure situations. Also there is much less pressure on Mango b/c he has the whole crowd behind him and no one will be surprised if he loses.

This is not to say that M2K deserves to win when he loses, because he needs to learn to control himself and not suck when he's under pressure, it's simply saying that he is better at the game in general. Which I think is obvious fact.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Jesse why are you a mod? I should totally be one, I'm active as hell and generally unbiased.

I HATE BRAWL AND WC BLOWS, EC MELEE FOR LYFE FALCO IS GAY THO

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
scars right and i think mango knows this as well but he uses this psychological edge over him

but mk will have a crowd behind him next time .. u wait and see

but sometimes i feel bad 4 m2k bcuz evy1 wants 2 c him lose ... only people i would root for over m2k r the Maine/hampshire and Jman/eggm ... other then that m2k 4 the win

Top Bottom