• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event 52 Oct 18th-19th Kansas Results

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
TML! HEY! Do me a favor man, come up to Rochester again, it was really fun...taking your money in money matches.

... ... ...

Don't ever make fun of my mod status. Ever.

:)

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
so, i got ***** hard at this event, im not gonna lie,

BUT I HAD SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!

hanging out with all the smashers and joking and just playing was too much fun. its an experience i will take with me forever. too good. hopefully i can go OOS again.

gg's to everybody i played!!!!!!

good job to tourney hosts.

DARKRAIN AND DMAC ARE THE NICEST PEOPLE IVE MET. they are so cool!!!!!! darkrain housing all of us and dmac shuttling us around for food and jank. Too good!!!

till next time!!!!!!!!!

-hiro

JFox

Smash Hero
If the game consists of m2k, mango, + a bunch of washed up old pros, and mango has a weapon that beats m2k, guess who is better. Mango. LOL I dont care if u have a problem with jiggs, unless u fix it, hes better than u cuz he wins.

oh and btw if u didnt have ur marth u wouldnt be so ****. so no char johns. and before u say it, no ur sheik and fox are not anywhere near the level of ur marth. stop making johns. (BTW i wouldnt be so sure that mangos secondaries are much worse than urs by now)

To Scar: The crowd is always on the opponents side for m2k, and he rarely loses. Besides, imagine all the psychological bs that mango is going thru. He is on the east coast fighting legend after legend, and surrounded by EC fanboys.

Don't make johns. M2k is bad vs jiggs. Thats his problem. Did Ken say to Azen "im bad at marth dittos"? No. Did Ken say to Neo "im bad at marth dittos"? Nah. Did Ken say to m2k "im bad at marth dittos"? Nope. Point is, the game is about winning. If he cant win, he isnt the best. Thats that.

Scar

#HarveyDent
No I know dude, you're right, and I'm not johning, it's not a john, it's a fact. M2K is not as good as he usually is if there is pressure involved, I don't know how that factors in with you guys in terms of judging who is better, but he only loses to Mango.

I think it's because he's scared of Mango and he sucks under pressure. I think that if M2K vs Mango happens in grand finals at a huge tourney with a crowd behind Mango, Mango will win more frequently than M2K at this point.

I ALSO BELIEVE that this is not the only thing that determines who is better, a point that I think should go unargued. Everything besides the two of them head-to-head more or less clearly points to M2K's complete superiority to Mango.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Jfox you are an idiot, my sheik is KDJ level and if I'm playing my best I have the best fox, PC will tell you that himself. At pound3 the vast majority of the crowd was on mangos side so don't act like it was the opposite. You simply do not know what you are talking about.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
oh and btw if u didnt have ur marth u wouldnt be so ****. so no char johns. and before u say it, no ur sheik and fox are not anywhere near the level of ur marth.
um m2k wins sets using his sheik and fox so yea

he 3 stocked darkrain with sheik and he always usees his fox and *****

yea marth is his best character but his fox and sheik are still pretty ****

and y r u hatin on this dude? dam bro u were jus complaining of people hatin on u in some other thread ... i c y they were hatin cuz u dont stop talkin **** ... defend east coast dam it

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
Jfox you are an idiot, my sheik is KDJ level and if I'm playing my best I have the best fox, PC will tell you that himself. At pound3 the vast majority of the crowd was on mangos side so don't act like it was the opposite. You simply do not know what you are talking about.
i got your bak nigg@

Alukard

Smash Hero
lol jfox ... its obviously clear that m2k is better then mango ... ... but mango's jiggs is SEXY

EDIT !!!!

m2k !!!! i still think my samus' nairs are better then all of urs =]

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
i was jus thinking of mew2kings post and he went against everything jfox said EXCEPT

"I think it's because he's scared of Mango and he sucks under pressure."

we need to work on dat m2k :) ...

Jturley46

Smash Journeyman
How can you say he sucks under pressure, did you see the evo2k7 matches vs PC, he was down and came back and won on the final match. Or the Fast1 set vs shiz, he lost the first match and still came back to win that tournament. Mentally weak players dont do things like that.

Scar

#HarveyDent
idk It depends on his mindset, he sucks when he's recorded (mostly), and he sucks vs Mango. I don't know, he does better when he doesn't know he's recorded too. It's mindset and he needs to work on it.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
i think he means comparatively

anyway, more importantly, who recorded the team finals from E52? I know someone did, and Scar doesn't seem to have them, but I know someone had a camera behind me and recorded it, I'm just not sure who? Can you upload them?

I also had 2 close good matches with lambchops someone recorded

Arrogant

Smash Journeyman
M2K for the win. . . :laugh: Really, J? You get nervous when recorded? Ah, but you've done that a lot. You ought to be used to it by now. Try listenin' to some music or something when you go to a tournie. Bring your ipod, listen to some mellow stuff or that music that gets you hype. Trance, techno, rock, hip-hop, whatever. Works for some.

Listen to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pElUbvHr-So

This song gets me like my dude Rampage:
:rotfl:

A.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I dont care if u have a problem with jiggs, unless u fix it, hes better than u cuz he wins.

oh and btw if u didnt have ur marth u wouldnt be so ****. so no char johns. and before u say it, no ur sheik and fox are not anywhere near the level of ur marth. stop making johns. (BTW i wouldnt be so sure that mangos secondaries are much worse than urs by now)
Who the fuck is this "u" person you keep talking about?
idk man lol Mew2King has beaten like, everyone. Seriously. I'm pretty sure that if Mango hadn't pulled a Mango at Event 52, M2K would have still gotten 1st.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
I disagree with all of this and what M2K says, I honestly think it's clear that M2K is better than Mango as a smash player, but he sucks under pressure and therefore loses to him in high pressure situations. Also there is much less pressure on Mango b/c he has the whole crowd behind him and no one will be surprised if he loses..
then he's not better because that's what being a pro at melee entails?

nevermind that mango is way, way better than you think he is.

Ken_Y`

Smash Lord
m2k if u wanna get better against puff come to a smashfest this saturday in maine and play darc 24/7eleven

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
ok theres one solution, we're not allowed to use mains next time we fight. no puff no marth
Both players pick up Pichu at relatively the same time and whoever wins in a Pichu ditto set is clearly superior.

JFox

Smash Hero
I will agree with u that ur sheik is KDJ level (a player who was never as good as ur marth was) and that ur fox was the best fox WHEN u were playin best.

Yes ur sheik and fox are prob better than anyone elses. But ur marth is just plain better than ur fox and sheik. In fact, its so good that u would actually use it in counter matchups at times. You would go marth despite the fact that u know marth is worse vs sheik than Fox. Ur marth is just that good.

Ur marth just compliments ur style of play well. Its better to limit options, its better when it gets grabs, and its has a hell of a dash dance game. Thats all ur strengths, lol.

Oh and btw- people sayin "look at what he did to darkrain", darkrain never was the same level as m2k, nor is he close even now. Recall that m2k also has ***** darkrain with his marth in the past. Its just a difference in skill ur seeing. Thats a poor example.

Mew2King

King of the Mews
i havent gone marth vs sheik in a while, i just sheik ditto now

i have ALWAYS sucked at fox vs sheik, that is the only reason i don't go fox. the ONLY reason. If you admit my sheik is KDJ level then why would you say I'm only so good cuz of my marth? You basically said my marth is the only reason I do so good, when in reality I don't even bother to use him in teams anymore (always fox or sheik now) and only vs spacies and marth dittos in singles (sometimes peach but like... peach sucks anyway so it doesn't matter). In most other matchups my sheik or fox does better, and always does better in teams.

darkrain has beaten my marth in friendlies, while i win the majority with fox sheik and marth, my sheik does the best. I have played him in enough friendlies to make this conclusion, and the other non-darkrain falcons just got ***** really badly if I'm on my A-game. I do believe Sheik and Fox to be superior characters.

Top Bottom