• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller: PRiDE has returned to us, now super hot!

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
fan wasnt the right word i was lookin for at the time
and for inui, "fan" would be a terrible understatement lol

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey Inui,

I bought Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon today. Instead of looking at a guide I'll just ask an expert- i'm at chapter 2 and I already have tons of people. Which characters are garbage that I should just use as decoys?

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
Hey Inui,

I bought Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon today. Instead of looking at a guide I'll just ask an expert- i'm at chapter 2 and I already have tons of people. Which characters are garbage that I should just use as decoys?
haha, my brother got it for me on my brithday, the 11th. i'm at chapter 6 i think?
i was wondering a lot aobut that kind of stuff too. i was looking for you on AIM lucas, but you haven't been on lately. the game is amazing. it's the first fire emblem i've played.
how long is it? also, i have a question about weapons. should i be trying to not use the best weapons so much, so that they don't break? i don't know if i will find some of the weapons that you cannot buy again after i use them up completely >_<.. so i was wondering if i should save them for later on in the game, when things get more difficult.

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
I'm very well-versed in Fire Emblem as well (mostly 6, quite a bit of 7 and 8...not much on the rest, though). Feel free to ask me some stuff as well if you need it. I can't help with Shadow Dragon, though, other than Zagaro/Freyr/Abel = amazing tier.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
haha, my brother got it for me on my brithday, the 11th. i'm at chapter 6 i think?
i was wondering a lot aobut that kind of stuff too. i was looking for you on AIM lucas, but you haven't been on lately. the game is amazing. it's the first fire emblem i've played.
how long is it? also, i have a question about weapons. should i be trying to not use the best weapons so much, so that they don't break? i don't know if i will find some of the weapons that you cannot buy again after i use them up completely >_<.. so i was wondering if i should save them for later on in the game, when things get more difficult.
The basics I can help with.

You're right, you want to save your better weapons. Typically weapons like Marth's Rapier you may not ever get again or maybe get once more the rest of the game. So try to use the Iron Sword more often.

In a typical FE game, there are 3 weapons grades, Iron, Steel, and Silver. Iron is the weakest, but has the highest hit rate and is the cheapest. Steel is the middle strength weapon, but has much lower accuracy than the other two, and is the middle in cost. Silver is the strongest, and has a relatively high accuracy, but is the most expensive. You can buy all 3 of those at some point though. Silver and Steel also require higher weapon levels to use them.

Same thing with spells, there are 3 levels of spells for each mage you get (Dark, Anima, and Light) and most you can buy. But there are some weapons you may just want to save for later or use only when absolutely necessary.

Also, Inui, it looks to me like the cavaliers are all garbage. and probably 2 of the fighters as well (there has got to be a Dorcas of this game right?) The Mercenary, Marth, and the Pegasus Knight look great so far. I will probably check out a guide as well for tier rankings.

Max Ketchum

Oguma and Marth are both great.

All of the cavaliers are very good (with the obvious exception of Jeigan).

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
The basics I can help with.

You're right, you want to save your better weapons. Typically weapons like Marth's Rapier you may not ever get again or maybe get once more the rest of the game. So try to use the Iron Sword more often.

In a typical FE game, there are 3 weapons grades, Iron, Steel, and Silver. Iron is the weakest, but has the highest hit rate and is the cheapest. Steel is the middle strength weapon, but has much lower accuracy than the other two, and is the middle in cost. Silver is the strongest, and has a relatively high accuracy, but is the most expensive. You can buy all 3 of those at some point though. Silver and Steel also require higher weapon levels to use them.

Same thing with spells, there are 3 levels of spells for each mage you get (Dark, Anima, and Light) and most you can buy. But there are some weapons you may just want to save for later or use only when absolutely necessary.

Also, Inui, it looks to me like the cavaliers are all garbage. and probably 2 of the fighters as well (there has got to be a Dorcas of this game right?) The Mercenary, Marth, and the Pegasus Knight look great so far. I will probably check out a guide as well for tier rankings.
thanks a lot. i wanna play the rest of them after i am done with this. i hope they remake others for the DS. i like'd playing it on this system a lot :bee:

pierce- ahh, it'd be cool to go to that, unfortunately me and my brother are also going to BTYF though =/ sorry.

edit- LOL excalibur is AMAZING compared to the other spells that are around right now. is this another one that i will not be able to get back? =/

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Also, Inui, it looks to me like the cavaliers are all garbage.
That doesn't strike me as possible. Mounted units have always been the best characters. In FE 9, Paladin = best class by substantial amount. In FE 4, anything with a mount was automatically mid tier at worst. Sain and Kent were both top tier in FE 7 with Marcus and Lowen being very useful as well. FE 8's best characters were Seth and Franz.

I haven't played FE 11 yet, but I know it's a remake of FE 3. In FE 3, Cain and Abel, two starting Cavaliers, were both top tier. There were also a lot of other amazing mounted units, namely Hardain, Sirius, Paola, and Katua. Oguma and Navarre were top tier. Marth would've been top tier if he promoted, so I'm assuming he's really good now.

http://serenesforest.net/fe11/char_growth_s.html

Just as I thought, Cain and Abel are obviously still top tier and probably the best characters in the game. They have good growths and decent bases and are mounted. Marth is obviously amazing now if he can promote. Jeigan is still horrendous, but at least he has some slight hope now. Sheeda still has horrifyingly bad Str. Oguma doesn't have high growths, but he's still great from his bases and promotional gains probably. Barts still looks like the best Fighter. The others are still worthless. Julian is still good, and probably top tier if he can promote. Lena is still worthless outside of the earlygame. Navarre, Hardain, Linda, Katua, Paola, and Maric still look good. I don't see why people would say Frey is bad if he has decent bases and those growths. In fact, Frey might be the best character in the game.

http://serenesforest.net/fe11/average/

Here are the averages for everyone. Frey looks pretty **** to me. If he was in FE 6 or 7 and had good supports, he'd easily be ranked 1st on every tier list. The 2nd and 3rd best characters are probably Cain and then Abel. Paladins still look like the best by far.

I honestly wouldn't use anyone else... Maybe Raddy or Roshe-with-speed-boosters. Or Minerva because she's hot.

Gordin: Hopelessly bad Str.
Draug: Def nowhere near as good as it should be for his class and his Str is horrible considering he won't double attack much at all.
Norne: Also has hopeless bad Str.
Shiida: HP and Str are horrible, but wtf @ her other stats. I guess she's ok.
Wrys: Looks worthless to me outside of his Res.
Oguma: Still looks pretty solid to me. He got a bit nerfed, though.
Barst: Looks good to me unless axes still suck a lot (axes are the best weapon from 6 on).
Bord: Wow @ how bad his Spd is. Don't touch this guy.
Cord: He will never hit anything and his Def is horrible.
Castor: Horrible HP and Lck. No need to touch this guy.

Etc etc.

You can see what I'm doing, right?

Just look at a character's average stats and consider their supports, class, and join time. It's easy to see if someone is good or bad.

Max Ketchum

Normal mode tier list

Super God tier:
Sedgar
Xane

God tier:
Wolf

Top:
Abel
Frey
Cain
Marth
Barst
Merric

High:
Ogma
Nabarl
Athena
Hardain
Julian
Nagi

Up Mid:
Catria
Lena
Cord
Vyland
Caesar
Palla
Jake
Beck
Tiki

Low Mid:
Castor
Matthis
Radd
Horace
Minerva
Jeorge
Bantu
Shiida
Rickard
Draug
Roger
Gotoh

Low:
Wendell
Jagen
Wyrs
Maria
Boah
Etzel
Darros
Bord
Dolph
Ymir
Linde
Elice

Bottom:
Norne
Lorenz
Astram
Samson
Macellan
Midia
Arran
Roshea
Gordin
Tomas

Fail:
Est

Taken from GameFAQs, which was taken from Serenes Forest. I am unsure of how accurate this is, but that seems to be the rough idea of the community so far.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah but you can change the class of any character now...

it doesn't change their growths, naturally, but if I wanted to, I could take draug, make him a mercenary and he would lose 2 strength and 6 def but gain skill and 10 speed.

Or I could make Abel a myrmidon, etc.

In FE7, I ended up using Sain a lot he was my favorite paladin. But in general the cavaliers/paladins ended up being well rounded and not specific to an awesomeness. Like for instance, Sain just maxed out str, while I could get Fiora and Farina to max str, speed, skill, luck, and res.

You should buy this ASAP inui! It's too fun. But thanks for the links, i will check it out as i go through.

Max Ketchum

Yeah but you can change the class of any character now...

it doesn't change their growths, naturally, but if I wanted to, I could take draug, make him a mercenary and he would lose 2 strength and 6 def but gain skill and 10 speed.

Or I could make Abel a myrmidon, etc.

In FE7, I ended up using Sain a lot he was my favorite paladin. But in general the cavaliers/paladins ended up being well rounded and not specific to an awesomeness. Like for instance, Sain just maxed out str, while I could get Fiora and Farina to max str, speed, skill, luck, and res.

You should buy this ASAP inui! It's too fun. But thanks for the links, i will check it out as i go through.
Personal experience means nothing. Tier lists are based off of statistical averages, not how everyone turned out for every player. <_<

Shadow, I always reset when someone dies due to the survivability ranking and my personal gripe with not having the entire roster. XD

Allin

Smash Journeyman
Personal experience means nothing. Tier lists are based off of statistical averages, not how everyone turned out for every player. <_<

Shadow, I always reset when someone dies due to the survivability ranking and my personal gripe with not having the entire roster. XD
Yeah same here, if someone dies in any FE game i just can't go on >.>

Inui

Banned via Warnings
That tier list can't be right if Cain, Abel, and Frey aren't the best characters. They join super early, are part of a good class, and have raaaape stats. Xane joins way too late to be above that kind of earlygame usefulness combined with being good forever.

Wolf and Sedgar are mounted bow users, right? They apparently can't promote and rely on decent bases coupled with insane growths. Even then, their stats leave much to be desired compared to units with promotional gains and more levels to gain. I don't understand the reasoning for them being anything but mid tier or bottom of high tier. It sounds like someone got lucky with their growths and just put them up there for that reason. Wolf looks a lot better than Sedgar, so why is there a tier gap between them? Does Wolf have much better supports? Wolf has much more Atk and more Evd but doesn't lose in anything enough for it to matter.

lol, I just read that Cain and Abel can indeed support each other and that the bonuses for every support are the same and pretty good. That's like Lance and Alan all over again; obviously top tier. Wolf and Sedgar apparently ONLY have supports with Hardain, while Cain and Abel have others.

Overall, that tier list makes little sense. I wouldn't trust anything at GameFAQs unless Reikken, WJC, MalcolmMasher, etc. worked on it.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
I personally find the FE games far more entertaining if you look at the tier list and intentionally use all of the worst characters.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I can't bair out of shield anymore i'm pathetic. I'll see everyone at polybrawl 2 I hope :) I honestly found the tourney very boring yesterday without the crew ppl, but thanks for the moral support via text messages inui LOL

Shadow 111

Smash Lord

in the beginning mission you have to dress some1 up as marth as a sacrifice. i picked cain =(. i reset it too though whenever anyone dies lol. i thought some1 had to die there. i hope there wasn't another way to finish that mission cuz it's gonna annoy me if i killed him for nothing :(

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Annialation of Rigel in SFIV: Complete.

LORD KNIGHT IS NEXT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rigel would crush you if he wasn't crippled by not having his stick.

I can't bair out of shield anymore i'm pathetic. I'll see everyone at polybrawl 2 I hope :) I honestly found the tourney very boring yesterday without the crew ppl, but thanks for the moral support via text messages inui LOL
No problem, dude. Don't be so scared all the time. You can't really be serious with all that stuff. You were obviously going to win!

in the beginning mission you have to dress some1 up as marth as a sacrifice. i picked cain =(. i reset it too though whenever anyone dies lol. i thought some1 had to die there. i hope there wasn't another way to finish that mission cuz it's gonna annoy me if i killed him for nothing :(
You killed off a top tier unit, lol.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
You killed off a top tier unit, lol.
Top tier units you have from mission one always piss me off, because you can essentially just use them to truck through every single mission in the game.

Better to kill them off and actually think, IMO.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Top tier units you have from mission one always piss me off, because you can essentially just use them to truck through every single mission in the game.

Better to kill them off and actually think, IMO.
The FE game currently under discussion isn't balanced enough to allow you to win with bottom-tier-only. The bottom tiers are so beyond terrible that their stats won't allow you to fight the enemies regardless of how well you can think.

fkacyan

Smash Hero
The FE game currently under discussion isn't balanced enough to allow you to win with bottom-tier-only. The bottom tiers are so beyond terrible that their stats won't allow you to fight the enemies regardless of how well you can think.
Thank god for mandatory characters and reclassing.

A character who has bad stats for his main class can often be reclassed to be not-quite-as-bad.

Top Bottom