• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller: PRiDE has returned to us, now super hot!

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Megaman X4 > All Games
If we're going to talk about the side-scrolling games, out of the various generations...

Megaman 6 was the best on the NES, Megaman X was the best on the SNES, Megaman Zero 2 was the best on the GBA, and ZX Advent was the best on the DS (So far). I haven't had as much experience with the Playstation X games.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
The Titans are Falling!!

DMBrandon and Ether came over Chen's house last night and I money matched DM in Street Fighter IV and guess how much money he owes me??

$2.00 for 2 money matches, Ha HAAAA!!! <3 DM

Rigel and DM bow at my feet and become my sex slaves for when I have to ANNIALATE THE GREAT LORD KNIGHT!!!!

COME GET ME YOU *****!!!!!11 :mad: I'M TAKING YOUR SOUL!!!!!!!

Keitaro

Also....

"Your Marth is as good or better than Pierce's in teams" - DMBrandon

Zomg!! lol!!

Sucks that DM is currently banned :urg:

Allin

Smash Journeyman
"Your Marth is as good or better than Pierce's in teams" - DMBrandon

Zomg!!

Sucks that DM is currently banned :urg:
Zomg Keit i need to challenge you to SF4@!!!!!

Also you use Xbox360/or ps3

I dont care which (Though i prefer Ps3)

2$MM letssss goooo!!!!

Keitaro

Zomg Keit i need to challenge you to SF4@!!!!!

Also you use Xbox360/or ps3

I dont care which (Though i prefer Ps3)

2$MM letssss goooo!!!!
Sure dude.

I play the PS3 version at my friend's house. His PSN is ChenLiCha but if you come to a tourney ill surely play you cause someone always brings it.

bajisci

Smash Ace
keitaro we should play the next time ur at chens house, im friends with him on psn :D

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Rigel would **** you if he has a stick, Keitaro. It's like you trying to face him in Smash using the Wiimote on its side.

Pierce's Marth is kinda lacking in doubles, imo. Tries to be a hero too much, like my old teams Marth before I realized that he's way better at hiding behind people and sneaking in gay tippers. I wouldn't say Keitaro's loses-to-my-Ganondorf-in-teams-anything is better than Pierce's Marth in teams, though. :laugh:

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If anyone in this crew likes Fire Emblem, I'd like them to join this forum:

http://s11.zetaboards.com/Fire_Emblem_Fusion/index/

Unlike this place, it allows much larger avatars and signatures and has no censorship.

It used to be really big and active (2nd oldest English Fire Emblem board with a long history), but an entire guild left us at once, hurting our activity badly.

I am the dude with the biggest post count there, lol.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
More freedom is always a plus. You're free to turn off signatures and avatars if you don' like them! We don't allow insanely big stuff, which you'd see if you went there. :p

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Established, elitist community based around something that it's, arguably, not worth being elitist about.

I'll stick to skill-based games.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
If Fire Emblem wasn't skill-based, I wouldn't **** it all the time regardless of characters and the RNG.

Debating the game also takes a lot of intelligence and knowledge.

fkacyan

Smash Hero

fkacyan

Smash Hero
is that some sort of stepmania ripoff game or something? never seen it before. but i dont know many games so i guess its understandable.
Beatmania was one of the first rhythm games. That's what BEMANI is named after.

@ Inui: You shouldn't have to invent challenges for the game to be hard. That's basically the achievement system, and it's stupid.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
@ Inui: You shouldn't have to invent challenges for the game to be hard. That's basically the achievement system, and it's stupid.
FE 6 is naturally hard. The old character challenge just makes it gayer. And Kashif, why would I not use savestates if they save the frustration of restarting entire chapters and stop characters from gaining no stats? I have really bad luck and don't feel like dealing with that so much.

Play FE 5. I consider that the hardest game ever made. You literally need luck to win.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
And Kashif, why would I not use savestates if they save the frustration of restarting entire chapters and stop characters from gaining no stats? I have really bad luck and don't feel like dealing with that so much.
You said you **** it all the time regardless of characters and the RNG. But if you use savestates you're not really overcoming the game with skill.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

You said you **** it all the time regardless of characters and the RNG. But if you use savestates you're not really overcoming the game with skill.

I'm sure it's not that hard to do, but I don't feel like dealing with gaining no stats and the enemy hitting me with a 1% chance forcing me to restart the chapter. I guess in those super rare extreme cases (that seem to happen to me frequently somehow), you got me; can't really be done.

Thirtyfour said:
Why not just farm gold and buyout your character's stats at the end of the third playthrough?
Tactics rank.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
EC should go to that. inui, you should just go to this if you have a way there. your smashfest will conflict with it if you still have it =/. we can get a decent ammount of ppl to go.

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
I'm sure it's not that hard to do, but I don't feel like dealing with gaining no stats and the enemy hitting me with a 1% chance forcing me to restart the chapter. I guess in those super rare extreme cases (that seem to happen to me frequently somehow), you got me; can't really be done.
Good luck S ranking FE6 Hard Mode without savestates, beating Chapter 7, and beating Chapter 21 in the turn limit. No way in hell would anyone consider that "not hard to do."

ADHD

Smash Hero
EC should go to that. inui, you should just go to this if you have a way there. your smashfest will conflict with it if you still have it =/. we can get a decent ammount of ppl to go.
there's nothing better then failing once and then failing again. Not directed at you.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
**** i would go but inuis hotel is on the other side of the world ..;

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Enemy Controller smashfest is gonna happen, but it can't be big.

Good luck S ranking FE6 Hard Mode without savestates, beating Chapter 7, and beating Chapter 21 in the turn limit. No way in hell would anyone consider that "not hard to do."
Uh...it's pretty darn possible because plenty of people did it on the GBA cart. Beating Chapter 7 isn't that hard because you have HM boosted Rutger, Dieck, the Alan/Lance/Roy support triangle built up to C/B levels already, Lugh, three healers and one has a horse, and still-broken-Marcus. As soon as you get Zealot, it's lulzy. Getting past the first few turns and recruiting Treck is the problem...but that's all decided in the first few turns.

Chapter 21 is the one with Murdock, right? That's not hard to finish quickly. The turn limit is a staggering 25 turns, and beating it in 15 turns is actually extremely easy. You should have a very strong and supported army of Paladins by now, as well as Miledy, and Lalum speeds up your team in general. In fact, your Paladin team is 100% invincible because they can't be hit most of the time and have very good HP/Def. Miledy can fly around and crush everything and you have the Delphi Shield. What is hard about the lategame of any FE game besides 5?

teh_spamerer

Smash Master
Uh...it's pretty darn possible because plenty of people did it on the GBA cart. Beating Chapter 7 isn't that hard because you have HM boosted Rutger, Dieck, the Alan/Lance/Roy support triangle built up to C/B levels already, Lugh, three healers and one has a horse, and still-broken-Marcus. As soon as you get Zealot, it's lulzy. Getting past the first few turns and recruiting Treck is the problem...but that's all decided in the first few turns.
Possible? Yes. I never said it was impossible. It's still extremely gay and requires the RNG to not screw you over. There are also a number of chapters that it is actually impossible without sheer luck to beat on your first attempt. Remember that random paladin with a portrait and the enemy reinforcements with him on the chapter with Echidna that doesn't appear in Normal Mode? That is some serious bull****. How to recruit Stefan in FE9/10? Not skill based at all.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Possible? Yes. I never said it was impossible. It's still extremely gay and requires the RNG to not screw you over. There are also a number of chapters that it is actually impossible without sheer luck to beat on your first attempt. Remember that random paladin with a portrait and the enemy reinforcements with him on the chapter with Echidna that doesn't appear in Normal Mode? That is some serious bull****. How to recruit Stefan in FE9/10? Not skill based at all.

It requires Treck surviving one turn of attacking and then Thany not getting hit twice by either good positioning or her only being attacked once. Like I said, it's very early in the chapter and literally just the first few turns, so trying it over and over isn't that terrible. I don't know where this "on your first attempt" thing came into play. I just said "S-ranking without a lot of trouble," which is entirely possible if you're smart and using the right characters. That Paladin is pretty powerful, but if you recruited Klein and Tate without taking forever, you should be in a good position to deal with him. He comes with random mediocre cavaliers and doesn't attack with any ranged weapons, so a Hero Dieck or a promoted Lance/Alan can take them down pretty easily. Oh, and the we-never-get-hit support triangle of Rutger/Dieck/Clarine should be almost done by now, so that's always a good option.

Top Bottom