• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Enemy Controller: PRiDE has returned to us, now super hot!

Rykoshet

Smash Champion
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12ZgXc5US4Q

(12:48:01 AM) ch33s3: WTF
(12:48:17 AM) ch33s3: 169
(12:48:17 AM) ch33s3: uair
(12:48:19 AM) ch33s3: and alive?
(12:48:26 AM) ch33s3: qcf+p
(12:48:32 AM) Ryko: Overswarm'd
(12:48:42 AM) ch33s3: i dont even know how to DI like that
(12:48:42 AM) ch33s3: XD
(12:48:46 AM) ch33s3: let alone do it
(12:49:11 AM) Ryko: My friend [name] was the kirby
(12:49:14 AM) Ryko: she's never played brawl
(12:49:17 AM) Ryko: but apparently knew how to DI
(12:49:19 AM) ch33s3: XD
(12:49:23 AM) Ryko: because her GRANDMOTHER taught her how to do it in melee
(12:49:31 AM) ch33s3: marry her
(12:49:32 AM) Ryko: she had no idea what the **** it was even called
(12:49:34 AM) ch33s3: immediately
(12:49:42 AM) Ryko: lol she's taken
(12:49:46 AM) ch33s3: no johns

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
uhh.. soo yea, i think i'm leaving this crew.. either just not being in a crew or going back to phoenix era... i'm not too into being in this one anymore.

you guys don't need me anyway, i suck!!! XD

congrats spam on your win today and atomsk +inui for your win in teams.
how much did you get for singles spam?

Inui

Banned via Warnings
It is "a part" .....moron. XD
I told him that too but he's stupid.

Enemy Controller is winning teams at everything we touch. If it ain't M2K, it's me and Atomsk. ****. Even Izumi won teams while BlackWaltz got 2nd in teams when Enemy Controller's top 3 players were gone.

dmbrandon

Smash Master
But you guys aren't a crew. You have no "PRiDE" in your members, and have to crew repore outside of Atomsk, Dave, and yourself, Inui. Your members constantly say how they don't feel like a part of the crew. Placings don't always matter, and I was hoping you'd learn at least that much.

Also, me and Spam have a crew now. It's called: "Brawl is gay, and stupid **** happens. If you're in a crew, you're gay."

It's awesome.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i officially join that crew

spam. lets play melee. im ready to eat some falco bairs

ADHD

Smash Hero
Anyone know when the next big tourney is? I'd like to know when there will be a good singles bracket so I can plan ahead. I also need to know so maybe I can team up with bum.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
But you guys aren't a crew. You have no "PRiDE" in your members, and have to crew repore outside of Atomsk, Dave, and yourself, Inui. Your members constantly say how they don't feel like a part of the crew. Placings don't always matter, and I was hoping you'd learn at least that much.

Also, me and Spam have a crew now. It's called: "Brawl is gay, and stupid **** happens. If you're in a crew, you're gay."

It's awesome.
lol you don't know what you're talking about. You're not even in this crew so you don't know anything. You left out BlackWaltz and Mew2King in your list of people that are friends with the rest of the crew. Members say they don't feel like they're part of the crew...? Huh?

Placing 1st every time certainly matters.

Don't come in here and say we aren't a crew.

I'm NOT one of those random people that will sit back and listen to your bullshit on here and you know it.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
I think he meant to say you guys don't focus on making the lesser players better. How often do you sit down with Murdoc or Doom and teach them stuff?

I'm not trying to be APART (:laugh:) of this quarrel, just saying...

Pierce7d

Wise Hermit
3DS FC
1993-9028-0439
Since this conversation is occurring, I feel compelled to interject. You all know how close I am with my crew. We have fun together, pick up the phone and check on each other, and I value no member above the others. We function as a crew, and I help them individually, so that we can all step it up. It doesn't matter if we aren't the most skilled bunch in the world, and that we don't all play MK have some god-like BlackWaltz powers. The fact is, we're a crew and we love each other. Zodiac Braves REPRESENT. Enemy Controller as a crew does not.

I create my point by saying that even though you had a plethora of options within your crew, you asked SPAM who is NOT IN YOUR CREW to do crews with you. In fact, after checking your crew roster on page one, I think EC had enough members present to do TWO crews.

Winning is more important to you than being a crew.

And don't try to say it is for me too, because you can ask any single one of them that if I meet them in tourney, don't I ALWAYS give the option of me forfeiting so they can just advance. They always politely decline it, and say "Let's just play it out" and we have a good set. Me and R00kie have friendly rivalry, but R00kie is like a brother to me as well.

Now, Smash is a non-team, competative video game for the most part. We do crews SO THAT we can make it into a team sport. But if I join your crew, I fully expect to participate when crew battles are done. If this isn't true, you should say so. Also, if you feel like there are people on your crew list that aren't part of the crew, you should remove them from the roster. You guys are some of my favorite people. I really do love you, but seriously, the rest of the crews are laughing at your lack of actually being a crew. Even Impact represents harder than EC as a whole.

indianunit

Smash Journeyman
I really do love you, but seriously, the rest of the crews are laughing at your lack of actually being a crew. Even Impact represents harder than EC as a whole.
<_< That's a joke. The Impact member that attends the most tournaments is my girlfriend, rofl.
You're a ****. lmaoalmaoamlamlaoamlalmamlalmamlaoaoaooamoaomalalmaolaLMAO
Okay, I might have exaggerated a little to get my point across, but you know what I mean, lol.
I hate you all.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Let's address a few things here.

Look at a map of New Jersey.

Doom, BlackWaltz, Blue, and others live way up north. Blue's not even that far north, he's like...middle of nowhere in terms of being close to crewmates. Izumi is also up north and has to deal with controlling parents.

Mew2King lives near very few Smash players period, let alone crewmates, and he can't drive yet.

Atomsk and I live close to each other and are really good friends.

teh_spamerer, while not officially a member of the crew, is very good friends with many members of the crew and an honorary member. This is because his distaste for Brawl makes him not want to join a Brawl crew officially.

Enemy Controller is a very competitive crew. We are competitive with each other. There are rivalries between me, Atomsk, teh_spamerer, BlackWaltz, etc. It's fun and makes us stronger.

We may not be as lovey dovey and supportive towards weaker players as the other crews are, but we are undeniably the first or second strongest known crew in the world. Our only competition is H2YL, and they only have three top players instead of five, and the absolute best player is in Enemy Controller.

Enemy Controller is the largest crew in NJ. That means we're prone to having a few members here and there that live in an inconvenient location, like Mew2King, or are too young to get themselves anywhere, like ChromePirate. That stuff happens. When we see these people at tournaments, we root for them, consider them for crew battles, chill with them, etc.

Crews like Impact and Zodiac Braves all live very close to each other, went to school together, and all that stuff. Enemy Controller doesn't have that advantage due to age and distance issues, sometimes both.

Atomsk, teh_spamerer, Mew2King, Lord Knight, and myself are all really good friends with each other. I'd say we're all on each other's top five friends lists we'd randomly come up with in our minds. I've recently become good friends with Blue, I'm chill with BlackWaltz, I'm probably Izumi's best friend, etc. A lot of members of this crew are good friends with each other.

Yes, Enemy Controller values skill a lot. We won't deny that winning is very important to us. However, skill isn't the only way to get in. Players like Izumi, Orion, and Blue aren't very good at Brawl yet, but they're in for other reason. Being cool, providing something useful to the crew, helping out at our events, etc.

Actually, the current roster is wrong and outdated and Atomsk needs to fix it.

Leaders

-Atomsk: Dedede, Olimar, Wario, Kirby, Lucario
-Inui: Meta Knight, Snake, Dedede, Marth, Pit

Elite Members

-Mew2King: Meta Knight, Dedede, Snake
-BlackWaltz: Olimar
-ChromePirate: Diddy Kong
-Ether: Snake, Wolf
-Shadow: Meta Knight, Dedede

Members

-Izumi: Meta Knight, Toon Link
-Orion: Meta Knight, Falco
-Lord Knight: Dedede, Meta Knight, Ike
-AAAA: Meta Knight, Fox, Falco
-Tec0: Dedede, Meta Knight
-Doom: Lucario, Meta Knight, Olimar, Falco
-Kai: Sonic, Diddy Kong
-Blue: Sonic
-Rule 34: Falco, Zelda/Sheik, Captain Falcon

Honorary Members

-teh_spamerer: Meta Knight, Snake, Zelda/Sheik, Falco, Jigglypuff
-Magus: Luigi, Peach, Marth

As you can see, we have a very large roster and a lot of players are too young to get around on their own, live in inconvenient locations, or both.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
because of inui's incredibly well said post.. i am staying in this crew :D jk XD
I'll stay in the crew (technically) but it sucks that i can't just go practice with you guys cuz i am too young to be able to get places by myself lol.
"When we see these people at tournaments, we root for them, consider them for crew battles, chill with them, etc."

This is kind of false. you guys root against eachother sometimes that i've seen.. and while i have been in the crew not one of enemy controller's members has rooted for me in any match or said a good comment about me ='( lol
i also don't think you really do consider anyone for crews other than your usual line up.
if you guys were to crew battle someone and i actually got to be in it that'd be cool and actually make me feel like a part of the crew, i know chrome pirate wanted to be in the crew battle too.
crews at the SWR tournament was an example of you not considering members... you picked only 4 members.. when you could've had 5 and let chrome pirate in, whose placing was the same as yours and wanted to be in it badly. =/

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
IMO, it goes...

Friend > Crew > State > Region (> Coast, if it applies)

dmbrandon was talking about this at dinner last week, and I really agree with it. If I ever root against an EC member, it's because I'm friends with their opponent. In some instances, I'll want the underdog to win (see: ksizzle vs. Inui yesterday). There are some instances in which I can't decide who I want to win, like BlackWaltz vs. Pierce. Though Waltz is in EC, he's still a very good friend to me, as is Pierce. I'm not going to pick a favorite, and I'll root for whoever's losing.

Shadow, I can say nothing BUT good things about you. Just because we haven't been advertising these thoughts about you all over the place doesn't mean we don't think 'em. About rooting for you in matches...I actually haven't seen you play a singles match for months, excluding our last set at Inui's. XD Sorry if you got the wrong image of that from me, but I know your post wasn't directed to anyone specifically.

<3shadow

Top Bottom