• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ECRC #4: Gameunicon: S.N.E.S. Registration at door available - August 21-23 - MA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Sorry I couldn't come.

Grats @ Swift & Hax.

:( M2K. And you get upset with me whenever I throw sets or don't try in tournament.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
=( me so sad, unlike people think, i wasnt mad when I lost, ADHD pulled the ****. Just, couldn't buy my GF my last gift anymore which destroyed my mind for the whole night/morning/afternoon till like now, but I'm sadder right now for personal reason. me go cry now

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I was annnnngrrrrry I didn't get to see you play in singles. And yeah I was taking a bit too seriously, and yeah I am SO WHAT

To clarify I don't know who Kage is, as I never got into melee. Now looking into it I can see he's pretty **** good. At the end of the day I guess all I was trying to say was I don't think pro gamers should be role models or anything like that.
Why not? If you wanted to set an example for everyone or to be an icon of power then you better get your **** straight. Well actually, that's what I want to do.. this is why I get pissed when players better than me give up.. it sucks.

Edit: Giving up goes against to what I believe in as well.. so ya.. That is not very warrior like.. M2k needs more spirit. Can a robot have spirit?

Alukard

Smash Hero
thats true kage ... i tried madddd hard to get m2k to sit in that chair ... even hax tried knowing that getting the free win was a free 300$ ...

it was sooo ... disappointing ... -___-

m2k ... its ok to take a break from melee ... mayb till RoM 2 and pound4 ...

but quitting is ridiculous ...

cactuar ... only u can make m2k do the right thing ... we wished u were there lol

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Amazing tournament. It was actually good that people were giving the top players a run for their money. It's refreshing.

Some very notable matches I'd just like to mention.

Atomsk vs. Ally
Some of the most careful playing of Dedede I've ever seen. Good stuff man, sorry if I annoyed you Saturday night btw lol.

GuruKid vs. Ally
Ivysaur ****** Snake in Brawl+ WTF?!?!?!?!

That amazing Melee Link player (forgot his name) vs. Cort
Why was Link ******?!? LMAO

Hax vs. Swift
Good to see people being good sports when they lose, instead of storming off with a weak handshake he actually laughed it off.

NO shoutouts because I don't wanna alienate the people I forget ^_^. All I'll say is it was great to see everyone that I did and loved the random convos. Too much downtime for me since I only entered one tourney but whatever, spectating Melee and vBrawl was fine.

Oh and M2K looked pretty disappointed btw. I felt kinda bad for him since he's so used to winning. I'm pretty neutral on his decision..if he felt off then he has the right to forfeit, but then again would it really hurt to try? *_*

Ah well.... hopefully he doesn't quit the game.

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
M2K needs to stop being a *****.

There I said it. We were all thinking it and we know it.

I still love M2K and hes amazing.

Do I really have to ****ing bust this **** out?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lIc...9456B5AA&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=18
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna80MbcAAc&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsYLivXNbA4&feature=channel_page
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5BWJ2bBlO1Q&feature=PlayList&p=B31F812837804729&index=10

Grow up, man up, kick peoples *** again.

XSilvenX

Smash Lord
Skler is the best Link :D
Yeah that dude, his Link game was ridiculous! I always loved players who stuck to a character even though tierwise they're bad and still have the ability to do well vs. the best characters in the game. Although he lost that match everyone knew it could have went either way...that in itself is pretty amazing to me.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
m2k, i dont know if u will see this post at all

but i hope u understand ur situation right now

people are still hailing u as a great player who can be the best if u just tried. back when ken was the king of smash, people said "it's about time!" and always cheered for the underdog whenever he lost. ken (and partly because of manacloud) was hated by some of the EC community

but many people feel u have been dethroned by mango and ally. i know its tough to **** at both games but man, people want you to win now. you got this

u have my support, so get your **** together

P. O. F.

Smash Ace
m2k, i dont know if u will see this post at all

but i hope u understand ur situation right now

people are still hailing u as a great player who can be the best if u just tried. back when ken was the king of smash, people said "it's about time!" and always cheered for the underdog whenever he lost. ken (and partly because of manacloud) was hated by some of the EC community

but many people feel u have been dethroned by mango and ally. i know its tough to **** at both games but man, people want you to win now. you got this

u have my support, so get your **** together
Thats amazing that your post count is above 1,000 and it says smash noob. Thats pretty sick.

I really don't care who the best is really....M2K just has a sick Marth and reps the best color...**** red.

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
This was mad fun. ggs all . i had a great time.

me and shadow got 2nd!!!! :)

i got 3rd in brawl plus!!! :)

9th of 150 in singles!!! :) lol

my matches were fun. my set with lain was incredibly fun and insane. shugo absolutely destroyed my mk in losers bracket so i was forced to use lucario and i won the set with 6 seconds remaining in the clock. lucarios back air when im at 180 = too good. then i finally beat ninjalink!!!! :) yayyy. fun fun fun day!

also i used SNAKE vs lain ninjalink and atomsk. i used LUCARIO on shugo. i used MK on buuman, shugo, and ninjalink. and i used ICEYS vs ninjalink.

ANTi_

Smash Hero
M2k is a nice man he gave hax 700 bucks.

Advent I didn't enter because it was a convention and id rather enjoy that rather than enter

I don't regret it though =)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
m2k is prolly mad conflicted right now...i mean he knows he can't play both games and be the best in both anymore...it's not that easy

the dude likes melee way more...he's said that a million times.
but he makes way more money off brawl...that's obvious

so now he's prolly all torn up unside cuz if he wants to keep bein good he has to drop a game but he doesnt know which one. :X

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
My understand of the prizes for singles is as follows:
Total Pot = $2,000 + ($15 (entry) * 141 (entrants) * .75) = $3586.25

1st - 40% of the pot Guaranteed at least $1,434
2nd - 25% of the pot Guaranteed at least $896
3rd - 15% of the pot Guaranteed at least $537
4th - 10% of the pot Guaranteed at least $358
5th - 4% of the pot Guaranteed at least $143
5th - 4% of the pot Guaranteed at least $143
7th - 1% of the pot Guaranteed at least $35
7th - 1% of the pot Guaranteed at least $35

1st: ADHD (Diddy Kong)
2nd: Ally (Snake)
3rd: M2K (MK)
4th: Lain (Ice Climbers, King Dedede)
5th: Anther (Pikachu)
5th: Atomsk (King Dedede, Luigi)
7th: Pikapika (Pikachu)
7th: Reflex (Pokemon Trainer)
9th: Ksizzle (MK, Snake)
9th: Judge (MK)
9th: Fatal (Snake)
9th: Shadow (MK)
13th: Hunger (Wario)
17th: Shugo (Sonic)
33rd: Needle of Juntah (Game and Watch)

There was absolutely no splitting. This was straight up legit. The finals were incredible (Ally living to 260% last stock last game, getting ADHD to 160% last stock). Actually, just about every match in the top 8 was amazing.
its gay that the convention took 25 percent of all pots. can you believe that me and shadow only got 90 each for 2nd place brawl doubles? they payed out to 4th too. Apex had around the same teams and this was like 4th place payout. all the players shouldve gotten more and i dont think the pot **** was ever mentioned till when you had to pick up your money. oh well.

Hax

Smash Champion
..i paid $30 venue fee and my pot got ***** that hard? the concert was amazing so idrc, sh*t was worth $30 in itself. sucks to hear management didn't profit i thought they held a great tournament

brackets were bullsh*t though and NY always seemed to play each other despite being like the least represented state lol

m2k is the world champ.. at both games.. he just has no self-confidence. ive been trying my best to cheer him up so he can play better because i know his prime (in both games) is the best smash has ever seen

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Shout outs tommorow.

Just for reference, if any of you saw that random black kid with the goggles yelling, like constantly... that was me.

but for now ill just say, it wasnt perfect but this was an amazingly fun tastic event, and i hope theres one next year

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Fun tourny. it was just great. Going all Peach and getting 13th is just great for me. though I was aiming for top ten and my mission would have been complete. So close. Dang. Only thing I am lil bit ticked about. But getting 13th all Peach in a big azz tourny like this makes up for it.

Heh heh heh. Peach is just to good for this game.

Advent Lee

Smash Ace
Advent I didn't enter because it was a convention and id rather enjoy that rather than enter

I don't regret it though =)
I just thought that you probably would have landed somewhere in the money. Then again there was ALOT more to the convention than a tournament, at least people had fun lolz.

-Leeeee-

kr3wman

Smash Master
Yipes and Sanford were watching the brawl finals?

What the **** were they doing there lol.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
The brawl results all go back to what the wise CO18 said, " Holy seems to think Ally is some unstoppable force in brackets "

This is SO true, if everyone was to go into a match thinking they can beat someone with the calibur of skill Ally has, but staying focused and making good decisions along the way, you can win..

ADHD was patient the whole day, thus him winning this ECRC event, and if you're all wondering why ADHD can't beat Anti anymore, Anti himself said that you have to play extremely gay against ADHD or you won't win.

And I also think hes hard to read as well, but to those of you who said ADHD isn't top 10 in the world ( yes, there were a TON of people who said this ) then gtfo, bye.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
And I also think hes hard to read as well, but to those of you who said ADHD isn't top 10 in the world ( yes, there were a TON of people who said this ) then gtfo, bye.
Honestly, ADHD came out of nowhere here, I mean, everybody knew he was good but he'd never been THAT GOOD before.

Not one of the people who said that before, but it was probably true (or at least understandable), especially considering that there are some mad good European International players and Japanese players.

But now, yea, I think it's safe to say he's top 10.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Its really upsetting since I was THE ABSOLUTE ONLY guy in the entire tourney to call for somebody other than m2k and ally to win the tourney...

I should have put money on it...

Yipes and Sanford were watching the brawl finals?

What the **** were they doing there lol.
There were huge street fighter 4 and Blazblue tourneys at the con...

Jwong plays a mean Ragna

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
Honestly, ADHD came out of nowhere here, I mean, everybody knew he was good but he'd never been THAT GOOD before.

Not one of the people who said that before, but it was probably true (or at least understandable), especially considering that there are some mad good European International players and Japanese players.

But now, yea, I think it's safe to say he's top 10.

I heard he got 5th at genesis.

Just sayin'

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Who the **** thought he wasn't top 10 in the world? He was always top 5 in my book, and Genesis and now SNES really solidified it.

ADHD too good.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
I LOL'd pretty hard. MK VS DDD is a joke. He literally has NO ANSWER for the tornado. This is a huge reason as to why I think DDD is overrated. That and Falco and Iceys **** him.
actually most of the cast have an anwser for it. Sheild DI.(pushing the shield upward will prevent shield stab. I sat and watched as all of the top players did this consistently with multiple char. Tornado is the least of DDD's worries imo.

amirite pro brawl guys?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom