• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E4S: Champion (California) - Sponsored by T Mobile - Cosplay Contest Added!

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
i really have no clue.

Last tournament had 23 for Melee, and i assume with the amount of advertising I've been doing along with it being a popular store that attendance will be much higher overall

D

Deleted member

i will come to this pretty sure

COMON LETS GO SOCAL GOGOGOGGGOGOGO FINALS WILL BE OVER GOGOOG

AND BAKA HAS TO FLY HOME TOO

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
omg the one tourny I wanna go to and I have a ****en orchestra concert the same day...

Lovage

Smash Hero
melee hype for this ****?

aight i'm going

edit: a clean 55 mins away, im down

hit me up for rides

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
yo guys, we really need melee setups, so please post if you can help out.
I have a Melee disc and memory card, but only one Wii, so you'll have to decide which game it's dedicated toward.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Actually, probably not going. Just looked at the pricing, and I'm reeeeeeeeally doubtful I'm gonna be able to get a carpool together with $10 for venue and $10 for singles.

Edit: Wait, is the $5 off for new players in general or new to this tournament series? lol

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Hello everyone,

This is a message to cover some news and updates for Saturdays event. The first thing:

We now have a new sponsor! NOS Energy Drinks will be sponsoring E4S: Champion, meaningeveryone will get FREE NOS all day!

As you know, we are also sponsored by T Moblie |Blackberry, so we are having over $300+ in FREE giveaways. Raffle prizes include: SD cards, tri wing screwdrivers, anime swag, and a white gamecube controller.

If you haven't heard, we are also having a Cosplay contest. The winner of the contest will receive a new copy of The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword! All costumes are welcome!

Registration is from 11:00AM - 12:00PM so be sure to get to the venue on time. If you do need to contact me, you can find my contact information on the tournament page, though i make no guarantees of adding you into the tournament.

Pricing structure is as follows:

Brawl and Melee 1v1 - $10
Brawl and Melee 2v2 - $5 per teammate
One time door fee - $10

There are many ways to save.

New players receive $5 off of their Singles Entry fee. A new player is defined as a player new to our community, so don't attempt to abuse the system as you will be denied.

Bringing a full setup will take $5 off of your venue fee.

You can also save by bringing a carpool to the event. For every person you bring, we will give $1 off of your total. In order to qualify, you MUST POST YOUR CARPOOL BY FRIDAY AT 11:59PM. Any posts AFTER that time will be ignored and will not qualify for the discount, sorry.

International players (yes, i'm talking about you Mexico) will automatically get $5 off of their singles entry fee as well.

Here is the address for you guys:

Desu Nation
9410 E Las Tunas Drive
Temple City, California, United States

I'll be posting up a parking map for everyone tomorrow night, otherwise I have covered everything. If anyone has any questions, feel free to make a post, message me, or email me at mikehazegaming@gmail.com

www.tinyurl.com/championevent

I'll see you all on Saturday.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
It was this expensive last time and we had a good melee turnout

Tourneyplay was more expensive and in SD

Team DS takin it.

D

Deleted member

who is coming to this?

think i'll come with mitchell

@chris NOPE i dont

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
I have a brand new silver controller (still in plastic wrap) ordered from the Nintendo Store. I can sell it to you for $25 (original price), or you can just borrow it for free.
Nah its alright dude. Thanks for the thought though; you are very kind.

I went to a tournament last weekend without my controller and I just couldn't get into it. My controller is like...a part of my smash soul. I need it in order to feel whole again :/

Metameme

Smash Apprentice
Any 909 players thinking of attending? I want to go if I can get a car pool together.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I'm bringing a setup and a carpool of 3 people.

You can also save by bringing a carpool to the event. For every person you bring, we will give $1 off of your total. In order to qualify, you MUST POST YOUR CARPOOL BY FRIDAY AT 11:59PM. Any posts AFTER that time will be ignored and will not qualify for the discount, sorry.

who's in your carpool?

Top Bottom