• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E4S: Champion (California) - Sponsored by T Mobile - Cosplay Contest Added!

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend

This is it - the moment has come. Many emerged victorious, and every past tournament has built up to this day. Who will emerge as the Sinnoh Champion?

UPDATE - The old venue is having some issues, so we changed locations. We're going to be at a shop in Temple City!

As you guys know, we're being sponsored by T Mobile | Blackberry for this event, so expect an awesome tournament.

We will have over $200 in FREE Raffle prizes! All of this stuff is free to win - we will not be selling raffle tickets!

You will receive a raffle ticket for entering the event.
You will receive a raffle ticket for bringing a full setup.
You will receive a raffle ticket for entering the Cosplay contest.

Prizes for the raffles include: SD Cards, Tri Wing screw drivers, Shirts, Anime Merch, a new White Gamecube Controller, and much more!

We're also going to have a COSPLAY CONTEST so be sure to spread the word to your friends. The winner of the contest will receive a copy of Skyward Sword!

For now, the pot bonus is $100 for Brawl. I'll see if there's anything else we can work out :). If we get good Melee attendance, a pot bonus would not be out of the question for future events.

We do need setups everyone! I went out and got some TV's so be sure to bring your setups!

Bringing a full setup will save you $5 as well as earn you ANOTHER raffle ticket
A Wii will save you $2
A TV will save you $2

And as always, new players will receive $5 off of their Singles entry. I'l have flyers up by 11/29!

Here are some pictures of the venue.

WHEN/WHERE

Desu Nation
9410 E Las Tunas Drive
Temple City, CA 91780

TIMES

11:00 A.M. - Venue opens - Signups Begin
~12:00 P.M. - Signups end, Singles Pools begins shortly
~3:00 P.M. - Doubles Pools Begin

Amateur and Pro Singles Bracket begin as Doubles is coming to an end.

Prices

Singles Entry Fee: $20
Doubles Entry Fee: $5.00 Per Player
Amateur Bracket (for those who do not make it out of pools) - $3
NEW PLAYERS RECEIVE $5 OFF OF THEIR ENTRY FEE

Parking

Parking is really bad in front of the store. Instead, park at the Ralph's a block over. I'll add a picture in soon to show you guys exactly where to park!

Pro Bracket Payout

1st: 50% of pot
2nd: 25% of pot
3rd: 10% of pot
4th: 5% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
5th: 3% of pot
7th: 2% of pot
7th: 2% of pot

Doubles Payouts

1st - 58% of pot
2nd - 28% of pot
3rd - 9% of pot
4th - 5% of pot
*If less than 20 teams enter, payout will be top 3*

Check out the link below for more information on the Elite Four Series.
http://allisbrawl.com/blogpost.aspx?id=102942

Mike Haze
(818)445-5789
MikeHazeGaming@gmail.com

Allied

Smash Master
I recently got contacted by @redbullGAMING (Please follow) i've been given the opportunity of coming to this tournament because i'm going to be around this area for SC2. So HYPEEEEEE

Come lets ****ing chill ugly *** *****s. And money match me please.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Awesome, we're being sponsored by Tmobile|Blackberry for this event! They are helping us with a pot bonus, raffles, and much more to come! I'll have more info within the next week or so.

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
ah **** Gnes is coming

there goes any chance of a socal player player winning this.

Maybe we can get anti to come?

Gnes

Smash Master
I wish I could i say "meet me in bracket" but I won't be able to attend this. My new job will start around that I won't be able to get that weekend off. I hope you guys get another tourney series started after this one/or have some large tourney so I can come :)

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Just some updates - The old venue is having some issues, so we changed locations. We're going to be at a shop in Temple City! I'll have pictures at the bottom of the post. I've updated the original post with the address/information of the new venue.

As you guys know, we're being sponsored by T Mobile | Blackberry for this event, so expect an awesome tournament. We're going to have a bunch of swag to give away (you get a raffle just for registering!). Things like t-shirts, t-mobile swag, a new white gamecube controller, and more.

We're also going to have a cosplay contest so be sure to spread the word to your friends. The winner of the contest will receive a copy of Skyward Sword!

As of now, the pot bonus is $100 for Brawl. I'll see if there's anything else we can work out :). If we get good Melee attendance, a pot bonus would not be out of the question for future events.

We do need setups everyone! I went out and got some TV's so be sure to bring your melee setups.

Bringing a full setup will save you $5 as well as earn you ANOTHER raffle ticket
A Wii/Gamecube (with melee) will save you $2
A TV will save you $2

And as always, new players will receive $5 off of their Singles entry. I'l have flyers up by tomorrow!
Hope you guys are as hyped as I am!

Here are some pictures of the venue.

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me or email me - Michaelpulido@gmail.com

-mike

baka4moé

Smash Champion
gah this is on the day of my plane flight. can we have more tournaments here? temple city's a nice location....

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Most likely, Baka.

ALSO

I'll take $1 off of your entry for every person you bring in your carpool ($5 max). You can combine this discount with the setup discount to save even more!

In order to receive the discount, you must:

1)Be driving a distance of 30 miles or more
2)PM WITH YOUR ENTIRE CARPOOL

If you don't post your carpool along with who is in it, you won't get the discount. This is to prevent people from manipulating the system. The last day to PM me your carpool will be Friday, December 9th!

WestBallz

Smash Ace
I beat M2K with that controller and I'd really like it back. I'm not somebody you should steal from =)
lol ur funny...i dont kno why u insist on acting stupid
lemme break this down for u
1. I gave ur controller to tyrant months ago. Its funny cause u acknowledged the fact that i gave it to him to so i dunno where this stealing/not giving it back thing is coming from?
2. We both kno i didnt steal it so why do u keep saying that? U want more attention on smashboards or something like ok?
3. If u dont have it by now then that controller is long gone.
4. Im not somebody u should bug about this =)

TheCrimsonBlur

Smash Master
Me and Wes were playing with this shnazzy controller this other day, and by god it was awesome. Straight from Smash heaven. We traded every couple games and whoever had it 4 stocked the other.

He wouldn't let me have it for long tho. Kept calling it his "precious" or something. And now for some reason I feel compelled to break into his house tonight just to touch it again...

All I want is one more touch...

#LordOfTheRichBrown'sController

(I'd photoshop Wes' face onto Gollum right now but I'm at work. God damnit)

hmm nvm not going to this anymore. dumb address change
*sigh*

I'm never gonna meet KFC am I.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
I'm working on raffle prizes right now. We will have over $200 in Raffle prizes alone, along with the Skyward Sword prize for the Cosplay contest! All of this stuff is free to win - we will not be selling raffle tickets!

You will receive a raffle ticket for entering the event.
You will receive a raffle ticket for bringing a full setup.
You will receive a raffle ticket for filling out a T Mobile survey at booth they will have set up.

Prizes for the raffles include: SD Cards, Tri Wing screw drivers, Shirts, Anime Merch, a new White Gamecube Controller, and much more!

The Cosplay contest will be free to enter. It's open to whatever costume you want to wear, but bonus points for nintendo related themes!

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Oh yea definitely goin

Unfortunately no cosplay for me too much work for school...I woulda been falco though

RichBrown

Smash Master
lol ur funny...i dont kno why u insist on acting stupid
lemme break this down for u
1. I gave ur controller to tyrant months ago. Its funny cause u acknowledged the fact that i gave it to him to so i dunno where this stealing/not giving it back thing is coming from?
2. We both kno i didnt steal it so why do u keep saying that? U want more attention on smashboards or something like ok?
3. If u dont have it by now then that controller is long gone.
4. Im not somebody u should bug about this =)
Correction: You gave Tyrant the wrong controller. Tyrant said that there were 2 controllers and you weren't sure which one it was. One of them had a big black scratch on the other side (that one is mine) and the other was just some black controller. According to Tyrant, you gave him the one that wasn't mine.

You have something of mine that you aren't returning. It's stolen. And I also don't appreciate how you ignored all my messages about it. I tried to keep it private because I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt in case you really did accidentally grab it, but I had to make it public when I was getting absolutely no response.

So please give me the RIGHT controller back. And I don't really know what you mean by "I'm not somebody you should bug about this," I feel like it's a failed attempt at being clever, and I'm going to continue to contact you until I get my controller back.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Here is the flyer for the event. With the flyer, players new to the tournament scene will receive $5 off of their singles entry fee!

To clarify, this is only for players new to the scene, so don't try to manipulate the system :).

Pass them around, i'll be putting them up at local colleges and game stores.

Top Bottom