• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2011

finalark

SNORLAX
My jump on Kinect, it's voice recognition is definetly something cool and new to try, but along with it came a series of casual games and wacky motion controls, seriously why take what Nintendo has done and failed and make it into something of similar aspect??
I wouldn't say that Nintendo failed on the motion controls. After all, the Wii outsold the PS3 and 360. Even with their sales combined. The market for it just died down, which is why the Cafe will focus on a traditional audience.

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Man, battlefield 3 looks a million times better than MW3. If the MP wasn't so slow paced, I would definitely buy it over MW3.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Mass Effect 3, Star Wars The Old Republic, Battlefield 3, OverStrke and a bunch of sports games no one cares about Finalark.

Edit: Hype for the new Twisted Metal.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
Like Halo. :awesome:

Anyway, I'm both glad and sad that Dead Space wasn't mentioned. I'm glad that they aren't milking it for all it's worth, but I would have loved to see at least a bit of info on one of my favorite recent franchises.
Halo is more in-between for me, its not as fast paced as CoD, but its fast enough to hold my interest. With Battlefield, there was one match where I searched the map for 5 minutes for enemies and found no one, needless to say I was starting to get bored.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I wouldn't say that Nintendo failed on the motion controls. After all, the Wii outsold the PS3 and 360. Even with their sales combined. The market for it just died down, which is why the Cafe will focus on a traditional audience.
I think that in the terms of making motion controls an equal to tradition button controls, ninty has failed to do that. While they did sell well, they were unable to have motion controls contain as much precision as button style control.

This is why people were having issues with the Wii-mote in DKCR, as the game's challenge demands absolute precision which you cannot get from a Wii-mote.

So did Microsoft did do better this year?

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
That's not a fact, that's your personal feeling on the game. If someone else enjoyed it why would they think it was a fact that it was disappointing?
Because the general consensus from both the major reviewers and the typical gamers was that it was disappointing I don't understand what you're trying to get at here.

I still remember a few years ago Prototype was the featured upcoming game on Game Informer and it was hyped like crazy, but then once it came out the same reviewers who praised it slammed it hard as well as many others. Just sayin.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
I took a nap. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Halo 4? Is Bungie in on this?

I heard that the anniversary edition of Halo: Combat evolved is using the engine of Halo Reach. Is this true?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
My internet is too slow/bad to even watch the stream.
Anyone who's here that is watching the Ubisoft stream, just tell me if anything is worth noting or anything on Rayman.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Didn't realize that was Farcry 3. Going back to the roots eh?

"Well, now I know where not to take the kids on vacation this year."

Recap so far:

Rayman: Origins
that new Driver game
Farcry 3
new Brothers in Arms

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
Like Halo. :awesome:

Anyway, I'm both glad and sad that Dead Space wasn't mentioned. I'm glad that they aren't milking it for all it's worth, but I would have loved to see at least a bit of info on one of my favorite recent franchises.
Does not compute.

I think that in the terms of making motion controls an equal to tradition button controls, ninty has failed to do that. While they did sell well, they were unable to have motion controls contain as much precision as button style control.

This is why people were having issues with the Wii-mote in DKCR, as the game's challenge demands absolute precision which you cannot get from a Wii-mote.

So did Microsoft did do better this year?
Yes, in my opinion, they saved/redeemed themselves at the end with the announcement of Halo 4.

I took a nap. Sounds like I didn't miss much.

Halo 4? Is Bungie in on this?

I heard that the anniversary edition of Halo: Combat evolved is using the engine of Halo Reach. Is this true?
Nope, 343 industries is making it. It has no online MP so I'm not buying it.

So, where do I go to see Sony's press conference?

Check the OP.

Eternal Yoshi

NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
The anniversary edition of Halo: Combat Evolved has NO ONLINE MULTIPLAYER?

Despite the fact that fans created servers for the original combat evolved before live came to be?

wat

Top Bottom