• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
I was strangely disappointed with TP. There was something about it that i didn't like that idk. Mabey it was the whole wolf thing. or mabey the twilight thing. Mabey it was just to easy.
for me it was that it was a GC game with added features.

all i need is a starfox game that is like SF64 with online. voice chat would be cool but everyone would just be saying "do a barrel roll" and what not.

KosukeKGA

Smash Champion
Actually I found out about SO4 and its entirety. I am surprised to see the gameplay for it.

<_< ^ As for LoZ:TP, the game was too linear and had barely any sidequests IMO.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
for me it was that it was a GC game with added features.
Well, duh... It was being made for the GCN. I don't get what was up with releasing it on the Wii as well, I guess Nintendo realized they had nothing else exciting to release with the console.

TP did not disappoint me as much as WW... In fact TP really didn't disappoint me at all, personally.

Darkslash

Smash Master
The only thing that M$ had at that conference was Fall out, Gears of War and the Megaton.

Barrel Roll and Your good.....BUT IM BETTAH, would surely be a nail in Sony's coffin :laugh: A competitor to WarHawk?

And what i meant by A Zelda game like TP is it looks like TP. Cel shading should stay on the DS IMO.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
The only thing that M$ had at that conference was Fall out, Gears of War and the Megaton.

Barrel Roll and Your good.....BUT IM BETTAH, would surely be a nail in Sony's coffin :laugh: A competitor to WarHawk?

And what i meant by A Zelda game like TP is it looks like TP. Cel shading should stay on the DS IMO.
I do like the regular look but i had alot more fun playing Windwaker then i did TP other than the sailing which was a pain.

And is it just me or does it seem like sony is gonna end up being like sega in the near future. :]
That will be my day.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Alright Gamespot is finally getting a stream up for the conference because I missed it, and will miss the nintendo one tomorrow too :(

Sariku

Smash Master
www.livewire.ign.com

It will have all the conferences in high quality both in audio and visually. I watched Microsoft's on it today. Also, you can view any of the past conferences.

I want a storage solution and hints at the next Zelda game, that's all.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I do like the regular look but i had alot more fun playing Windwaker then i did TP other than the sailing which was a pain.

And is it just me or does it seem like sony is gonna end up being like sega in the near future. :]
That will be my day.
Sony is a multi-billion dollar corporation that manufactures televisions and many other consumer electronics. Nintendo will go broke before Sony even feels a dent.

Microsoft has Bill Gates backing the X-Box no matter what. He may be out of the company, but it will always be close to his heart.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Nintendo also has Shigeru Miyamoto who is considered to be one of the most influential game designers of all time. Every company has somebody or something backing it up.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Gates still has considerable input into Microsoft. He just doesn't get paid for it.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Right, because I'd spend $800 on a console by a company that I hate.

Good logic. I just like to rile up the people who eat all the **** that Nintendo flings at them. Ironically, when I post my vehemently angry Nintendo bashes, I am playing Mario Galaxies, Boom Blox, or Resident Evil 4. Nice assumptions though.

Sensai

Smash Master
Guys, let's all be nice to one another. Please, let's keep at least this place spared from the dumb debates over who's console is better.

Jeah, I know you're joking, but a lot of people'll take this chance to inject ignorance into the conversation.

[Edit:]

Ack, maybe you guys aren't as joking as I had thought. In that case, let's not make this thread ****ty. Or at least let's wait until Nintendo lets us down.

(DISCLAIMER: This post is from a crazed Nintendo fanman.)

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
You give off the impression that you hate Nintendo though. I didn't think that you hated it, but just that you got annoyed at Nintendo's money whoring. But it would be a logical assumption.

And on a more on-topic note, I want a new side-scroller Mario Game for the DS, or maybe even WiiWare. Mario is one of the few things that Nintendo is allowed to beat the crap out of.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I inject truth every now and then, but I am a cynical gamer at heart. I've been hyped entirely too much to get excited over the slightest things. I, however, do legitimately hate the Wiimote, only because it's a pain to play - literally. Other than that, most of the posts I made within the last week were made while playing Mario Kart Wii, a game I bashed. I have very few loyalties save to a few developers who have proven their loyalty to the consumer. They'll remain unnamed. That's probably about as honest as I'll ever get on this board. My one goal here is to stop the rampant bashing of both Sony and Microsoft. Luckily, Microsoft bashing has ceased, but not the Sony ones. It's impossible to impress to fanboys how good competition is for them, and if they weren't so blind, they'd see the current status of the Wii as proof. When Nintendo is vastly ahead, they do not force out huge titles and the ones the do, end up being overhyped. For Brawl? Christ, I went into fanboy mode like you people wouldn't believe, but I kept it in check on here, out of fear of shattering that image. I shouldn't post late at night...

I'll predict Mario to be completely absent from any Solo games this E3. I expect Mario Party to come out soon though, with something newer to the formula.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Mario Party has become a horrible series. The first one? Good. Second one? Still good. Third one? Battle system was pretty fun.

After that, they just stopped being fun to me. That hasn't stopped me from buying them, but that's out of my Mario fanboyism (yes, I'm a Mario fanboy. Screw you all.).

If they do add something new, hopefully it won't just be... old. Maybe a Mario party compilation of the best mini-games from every Mario Party game, but MP 1, 2, and 3 would dominate that.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Mario Party has become a horrible series. The first one? Good. Second one? Still good. Third one? Battle system was pretty fun.

After that, they just stopped being fun to me. That hasn't stopped me from buying them, but that's out of my Mario fanboyism (yes, I'm a Mario fanboy. Screw you all.).

If they do add something new, hopefully it won't just be... old. Maybe a Mario party compilation of the best mini-games from every Mario Party game, but MP 1, 2, and 3 would dominate that.

I still think Mario Party 5 is the best. That had some seriously awesome games.

And yes I've played all of them, and own 7 of them. (Never bought #7, I just..forgot)

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
So (tries to change the subject)

I want different Wii colors. I thought it was great how GC launched with two colors (although who would pick purple?). Jet Black Wii would be <3.

As far as that new motion attachment (looks like it has another spot to plug things into it under it, I was worried for a second it'd be it's "own" attachment), what would they need 1:1 controls for when they're catering to a casual audience? I'm hoping this is a sign that they might start producing some games we have try to win at, instead of games where it takes effort to die (Come on, how easy was TP?).

How about a game that requires two wiimotes (since the nunchuck doesn't have very accurate motion sensors, atleast not compared to this new motion plus attachment) per person? Like our own RPG on the Wii, and with every new weapon, there's a new set of double wiimote actions. Like one of the setups, you can choose a short sword and a shield, obviously you're gonna equip the sword to the hand you're good with in real life (that way it's friendly with lefties and righties). Then equip your shield to the other hand. Then the shield wouldn't be like in normal RPGs, it doesn't raise your defense at all at first, you're using it to physically (in-game) block attacks. When you're first playing, the shields wouldn't be very big, so it'd take some skill to just block. But once you got further in, you could even parry and counter-attack (but when you got to some of the bigger shields, they'd be heavier and would require being much more precise in motion to parry, if at all).

Spells could do something clever, but it shouldn't be too timely or cheesey in performing (I don't want to look like harry potter at the TV lmao, I also don't want to have to perform 5 seconds of arm waving every turn for a simple cure spell either. Maybe something like Trauma Center, with drawing something on the screen in quick succession), but being as simple as mashing buttons for a short duration wouldn't be too good either. A mix between performing some action depending on the skill, and as you advance in the game, you find out there's certain movements you can alter when performing the spell and it'll buff the effects. Which turned out to be there the whole time, you just needed to know what you were doing (nothing dramatic, like you're putting in your motions for thunder, you hear a different activation sound from the wii remote and then see it became a multi-hit instead of single target that round. Then you sit there with a "Wtf, how did that happen?" and try to recreate it next battle but you don't know what you did). Of course it wouldn't take the place of leveling up or getting new spells, but it'd give a little bit of extra replayability (not that most RPGs don't have tons of that already) when you give it a second playthru. Maybe you completely screw up a healing spell and it damages the person instead.

Summons could be something neat too, like you have to draw a basic square on the screen with a line thru it. Then you experiment and find out if you draw the line diagonally thru the square instead, it buffs your summon's attack but it hinders their defense. Then you try doing it diagonally the other way and find it's magic def. is buffed, but it's magic attack is nerfed. Then you do two lines to make it into four boxes and see everything is balanced. You'd be able to adapt it to the situation, maybe a boss has horrid magic defense and attack, but great defense and strong magic attack. You just adjust your summoning box so your summon matches up with strong physical attacks and magic defense and nothing in physical attack and a little bit in defense. Hell, maybe you goof off and draw a smiley face inside a circle for a summon and it has a new attack from where you drew the eyes. It could be done a lot better, but it's just a idea.

My money is going towards the new AC:Wii and a new Starfox (since there's that rumoring going around about it now).

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I inject truth every now and then, but I am a cynical gamer at heart. I've been hyped entirely too much to get excited over the slightest things. I, however, do legitimately hate the Wiimote, only because it's a pain to play - literally. Other than that, most of the posts I made within the last week were made while playing Mario Kart Wii, a game I bashed. I have very few loyalties save to a few developers who have proven their loyalty to the consumer. They'll remain unnamed. That's probably about as honest as I'll ever get on this board. My one goal here is to stop the rampant bashing of both Sony and Microsoft. Luckily, Microsoft bashing has ceased, but not the Sony ones. It's impossible to impress to fanboys how good competition is for them, and if they weren't so blind, they'd see the current status of the Wii as proof. When Nintendo is vastly ahead, they do not force out huge titles and the ones the do, end up being overhyped. For Brawl? Christ, I went into fanboy mode like you people wouldn't believe, but I kept it in check on here, out of fear of shattering that image. I shouldn't post late at night...

I'll predict Mario to be completely absent from any Solo games this E3. I expect Mario Party to come out soon though, with something newer to the formula.
You have every right to sound critical of Nintendo right now. Nintendo has been relying on a hype cycle for the past few years to get their sales, meanwhile, Microsoft is busting their butt with 3rd parties to bring well designed games with a great online experience. Sadly though, they spend a crap load of time on FPS's which I get bored of really easily, so I probably won't own an Xbox360, or at least for a long time.

If anybody remembers the SNES/Genesis era, it was a time period that many gamers that played then considered the best. Part of that is because of simple nostalgia, but it was also because SEGA ran as such a tough competitor that Nintendo had to push their console to the limit to stay ahead. AAA titles such as Super Mario World, Yoshi's Island, and LoZ: A Link to the Past used a lot of the SNES's potential.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
MS scares me. I just haven't figured out yet if it's the kind of scary that makes me not but their products.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Yeah, it'll bring the number 9 to the end of the title.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
That affects me how exactly?

I have no loyalty to companies. Once I have Spore, I'm likely keeping my PS3 just to play Rock Band and Little Big Planet.
I think he was more refuting your point than implying you love Sony and hate Nintendo.

No one needs to imply that, since everyone already knows it...
I was referring to your comment about Nintendo being more likely to go broke then Sony. And personally I hate all 3 companies and wish everything would just come out for one super console, a man can dream can't he?

Darkslash

Smash Master
Yeah, it'll bring the number 9 to the end of the title.
that made me Lol'ed

Im seriously getting tired of Mario Party. Its the one series i hate from Nintendo now.

Any ways i was ghosting on the Gamespot forums and you won't believe whats happening there. Its more worse than here. 1 Final Fanatasy thread made 50 pages in 2 hours. I'm like WTF

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I was referring to your comment about Nintendo being more likely to go broke then Sony. And personally I hate all 3 companies and wish everything would just come out for one super console, a man can dream can't he?
That would be exceptionally bad. First, whatever the winning console decides to be their audience would be the only audience. So, if they want kids as their main focus - only kid's games. Secondly, there would be nothing new or exciting ever. Finally, prices would be through the roof.

Capitalism is good.

I am glad I work today so I can catch all the stuff later on, though.

Critical King

Smash Cadet
Hmm

Star Fox

Rumor is that Miyamoto is working on it. And if Miyamoto is working on it then well expect Star Fox 64 Action. Add in a little Dogfighting and we may have a winner

F-Zero:
The blue Falcon in Mario Kart wii is raising my hopes up. Add in a Track Editor and NO ITEMS and you got your self a deal.

Untitled Factor 5 Wii project:
People say its Kid Icarus, i don't think so. As much as i want a Kid Icarus game, I think 1 of Nintendo's teams will take that on. No i think that this game is gonna be a old favorite or one like it. STAR WARS ROUGE SQUADRON!!!!!

Kirby wii.

Another game like Kirby 64, and i may get it.

I hear that nintendo may release a shell controller. Maybe maybe....*i have yet to meet person who can out smart bullet*(cookie for reference)
wasn't star fox developed by rare also on the n64?

D

Deleted member

Star Fox Adventures for GameCube was developed by Rare, but that's it.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Sony is a multi-billion dollar corporation that manufactures televisions and many other consumer electronics. Nintendo will go broke before Sony even feels a dent.

Microsoft has Bill Gates backing the X-Box no matter what. He may be out of the company, but it will always be close to his heart.

Oh, i forgot that they made other stuff, should have took that to consideration.
EDIT: But Nintendo is also a multi- billion dollar company and the 2d biggest in japan. And there is no way nintendo will go broke. It is the PS3's and the Xbox360's Mother.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Should Nintendo take up the reigns again, it could potentially make the next killer-app for a Wii game. I think I would die of facepalms if they gave it to Rare again. Luckily, Rare are MS's hos now, so fat chance of that happening.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Should Nintendo take up the reigns again, it could potentially make the next killer-app for a Wii game. I think I would die of facepalms if they gave it to Rare again. Luckily, Rare are MS's hos now, so fat chance of that happening.
read some where that Miyamoto was disappointed by the Gamecube Star Fox games. In short he thought there were crap. So really do you think he's going to make the same mistake again?

Sensai

Smash Master
Miyamoto also said that the Donkey Kong Country games were just alright. I mean, he's a god and a living legend, but he is only human.

[Edit:]

That snowboard game is cool, but it really makes me wish that the physics engine was better...

Shut up Iwata, gimme more Pikmin!

Darkurai

Smash Master
Iwata, stop talking about your audience. Start talking about new games.
EDIT: Bloody brilliant G4 is cutting out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom