• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Pretty good list except for the craptastic Disney/Cartoon network games in the middle there. Your take on this?
I'm pretty excited. This fall is going to be great, LittleBigPlantet, Valkyria Chronicles and Eternal Sonota are all set to be released then. I should have my fill of warm and fuzzy. :D

I'm not a big FPS fan but even I have to admit that Resistance and even Killzone look like they could be..fun? The agency also looks very good and I'm hoping that will release soonish. I might even buy a PSP now. :O

Red Exodus

Smash Master
Sweet, PC is looking more attractive that ever. One thing I found funny about RE5 is that the pistol sounds EXACTLY the same as the one in RE4. Maybe it was on purpose but that just takes me back to when I had to fight off all of those villagers with just that trusty pistol.

As for the graphics, the lighting and textures [on the clothes especially] were great. The animations for switching weapons and reloading was pretty smooth. I can't imagine what they're doing that it's coming out in March 09, they must be working to perfection.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
That's TERRIBLE news. It's good that they are making another KOTOR, but making it an MMO will ruin the game. For I think this will cause it too lose the whole party system, and there won't by an amazing storyline. The worst part though is that there will most likely be a subscription fee.

Goldberg

Smash Apprentice
That's TERRIBLE news. It's good that they are making another KOTOR, but making it an MMO will ruin the game. For I think this will cause it too lose the whole party system, and there won't by an amazing storyline. The worst part though is that there will most likely be a subscription fee.
It has to be better than Galaxies since in this one it's ok for everyone to be a Jedi or a Sith, but I guess we'll have to wait until we see some gameplay before judging.

Mr.GAW

Smash Champion
No, the reason that announcement sucks is because it means it's that much longer before the second in the Mass Effect trilogy is released.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Mass Effect was so good. My game of the year 2007. Hopefully there's an entirely different team doing the KOTOR MMO, as Mass Effect is a trilogy, which needs to at least get into its second installment before this generation of consoles is over. The ending to ME was too awesome, I want to know what happens next.

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
Mass Effect was so good. My game of the year 2007. Hopefully there's an entirely different team doing the KOTOR MMO, as Mass Effect is a trilogy, which needs to at least get into its second installment before this generation of consoles is over. The ending to ME was too awesome, I want to know what happens next.
IMO, Mass Effect was one of the most overrated games of the year. I found it EXTREMELY boring. And yes, I did play past the first 5 hours of it, which is the portion everyone told me was the most boring part of the game. KOTOR was so much better, and this KOTOR MMO sounds intriguing.

Sporkman

Smash Ace
Mass effect was an extremely good game, even if I was playing it on my roommate's console as a biotic and had to pause everytime I wanted to use one of my really cool powers. It's problem was that the sidequests were too repetitive.

Must say one my favourite things to come out of E3 is that despite being a part of Games For Windows, Dawn of War 2 will not require a payed for account to play online. One of the things that has pissed me off recently is Microsoft trying to get PC gamers paying for online gaming. Having to pay for online gaming is ridiculous, 'great service' or not (although in terms of business, it's top draw by Microsoft I must admit). So yeah, not having to pay for windows live, brilliant, haven't experienced it on PC though so hopefully its good.

Quite disinterested in a KOTOR mmo, I mean I don't pay supscription fees as I don't have a job so really it's a moo point. But I can only see some elements working, pretty sure a big part of the combat system was freezing and queuing moves which obviously would not work in a multiplayer environment. I agree with the points about story and the party (due to the character interaction).

Whilst RA3 looks great, I'm still not quite sure what to make of it.

EDIT: What is this silver membership I was previously unaware of? Ho-hum what what!

M.K

Level 55
I'm happy to see Animal Crossing: City Folk and a slight hint at Pikmin 3, but that is it.

Shouldn't I be looking forward to something now, Nintendo? Where is it?

Puddin

Smash Lord
"We're making Pikmin" is a slight hint? o_O
Well it could just be a spin off DS version but it is most likely Pikmin 3 for the Wii, though I'm a bit skeptical about motion control for Pikmin and I hope we have the ability to use the GameCube controller.

Uhm I was watching the Nintendo conference again, because for some reason it's become the only thing on the G4 schedule and watching Mr. No Name play WiiMusic drums made me wonder how easy it is to become a "professional drummer" because he was terrible.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25710005/
See? The type of media that gathers to E3 now (news stations for example) were the reason they showed what they showed.

See again? As I said earlier, Nintendo knew that E3 wasn't gamer centric anymore.

But wait! There's MORE!

See, a very small subset off the games that they have.

There. Satisfied? That's why Nintendo's conference was lackluster even by E3's standards. They haven't abandoned us. And if they have, they sure do hide it very well.
I saw this in a quote, but I'll have to reply to this now to explain it all.

Nintendo's Public Relations is in charge of spin. "Spin" is a journalist term for taking something bad and making it good. Fact is, the holiday season for games starts in October. It is July, and they have shown NOTHING credible. Hell, Animal Crossing was shown, and it's not coming out until November. If they wait too long for TGS and E for All, they'll miss that window to adequately hype a game for the Christmas holidays.

It's fine to believe they are at work on some good stuff, but the fact is unless you see it, then it's probably not true. The quote on Mario and Zelda just tells us they are at the very least making another. Really? I had no idea Nintendo would keep up with these franchises!

As a consumer, you are oblieged to feel cheated out of your money when a VIDEO GAME company does not show VIDEO GAMES at the annual VIDEO GAME show. Anything else shown this year will really surprise me if it makes it out before December.

Also, is this topic really needed anymore? Now, people are just spamming. Hmm... CASHED!

Hypa-Link

Smash Journeyman
E3 has been gay since the industry changed it.

However I have faith Nintendo will blow us away at their convention in november or whenever it is.

Till then it's Conduit and Tales of Symphonia fantasies *daydreams*

Spire

III
BRoomer
I saw this in a quote, but I'll have to reply to this now to explain it all.

Nintendo's Public Relations is in charge of spin. "Spin" is a journalist term for taking something bad and making it good. Fact is, the holiday season for games starts in October. It is July, and they have shown NOTHING credible. Hell, Animal Crossing was shown, and it's not coming out until November. If they wait too long for TGS and E for All, they'll miss that window to adequately hype a game for the Christmas holidays.

It's fine to believe they are at work on some good stuff, but the fact is unless you see it, then it's probably not true. The quote on Mario and Zelda just tells us they are at the very least making another. Really? I had no idea Nintendo would keep up with these franchises!

As a consumer, you are oblieged to feel cheated out of your money when a VIDEO GAME company does not show VIDEO GAMES at the annual VIDEO GAME show. Anything else shown this year will really surprise me if it makes it out before December.

Also, is this topic really needed anymore? Now, people are just spamming. Hmm... CASHED!
I'd have to agree with you Crimson King. At least Nintendo has recognized what the core gamers want and even slightly addressed those issues at E3 (with Pikmin 3 and the probable Zelda and Mario) without attracting too much press about the issues, which would in turn "derail" the journalists, forcing speculation, questioning, and a distraction from the actual games presented. Nintendo wants to make the best of the casual games that they announced and then focus on the core games that they know we want.

Anyways, this thread should be locked. I'd hate to see this revived a month from now.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
It's amazing how threads can't just seem to die around here anymore and we have to close all of them when there's nothing left to discuss. E3 is over. This topic is over!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom