• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
lol, does Brawl count?

"He talks about how not only kids are going to love it, but also adults."

Where does this leave us...
In the "geeks and otaku" group, whom they care nothing about.

Woohoo! Pikmin! I never picked up the first two, but I have played them at a friends and they were pretty good. Glad to see Nintendo hasn't completely forgot about us.

I still wanted Star fox/F-Zero though.
Well, I'm not a big fan, but I suppose the announcement is nice.

I agree, I'd rather have seen Star Fox or F-Zero.

Pikmin...... Just great, the one franchise I couldn't care less about. God **** it I just hope they make it better than the first game (which I thought was ****). This better be good enough to make me love the franchise or I will be very upset.
Yeah...I'm sort of with you there. I don't really like Pikmin. I played a demo of the second one once...subpar, in my opinion.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Theyre OBVIOUSLY working on core titles, but we dont want them right NOW, we just want some trailer or something to feed our hunger, hell ONE trailer for kid icarus or something wil lkeep me satisfied for months... yet all we got out 'we're making pikmin 3' and 'mario and zelda teams are hard at work'... yeah im gon starve to death...

Spire

III
BRoomer
Theyre OBVIOUSLY working on core titles, but we dont want them right NOW, we just want some trailer or something to feed our hunger, hell ONE trailer for kid icarus or something wil lkeep me satisfied for months... yet all we got out 'we're making pikmin 3' and 'mario and zelda teams are hard at work'... yeah im gon starve to death...
I'd take an Ice Climbers game over Kid Icarus, but trailers are definitely needed. Your post stands. None of the beta shots from TP ever made it into the game, but they were equally, if not cooler than the replacement locations in TP itself. I do want something, even if it's one screen shot, just one. An image is far better than words.

Seventh Sword

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1951-0055-5151
Castlevania Judgement is enough for me >.> I'm also looking forward to Mad World, possibly Dead Rising, and about 6-8 titles I still need to buy. I have no problem waiting for a little while, but please don't leave us in a desert Nintendo. D=

Puddin

Smash Lord
""[Core] games could apply to games with better graphis or a more involved story, so if we forget those elements too, that would detract from our work, so we continue to investigate all types of games."

Does this mean they plan to make random games with good graphics and a decent story and call it a game that should appeal to the hardcore fans?

"Konami Uses Linkin Park to Market 'Rock Revolution'"

If thats their marketing strategy then I wouldn't touch that game with a 10 foot pole.

Stryks

Smash Hero
This is just incredible, no trailer, no pics, no logos, art... nothing...
While microsoft brought a bombshell with FF XIII
and sony brought out ALL of its top core titles at e3...
we get...
wii music, wii sports 2, and animal crossing... oh an a vague confirmation of pikmin 3... no pics or anything no, just a 'were making it'

WOW...we have hit rock bottom... ill STILL try and have some hope up for tomorrow, but if they didnt show any trailers at 2 conferences... what are the chances of seeing one out randomly when no ones around...

Sensai

Smash Master
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!! Pikmin for the Wii!

Thank you Nintendo. The rest of your conference was a joke, but at least you've acknowledged the existence of what is to me the game that the Wii was made for.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I doubt Nintendo will dumb down Pikmin for casual audiences. They were never popular with them in the first place, so I doubt nintendo will come out and say:

Nintendo: "Hey guys, look at this new game!"

Casuals: "What's that '3' on the end for?"

"Oh, there were two games before it."

"There were?"

"Yeah. On the Gamecube"

"...LAME!"

Casuals hated the Gamecube.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I doubt Nintendo will dumb down Pikmin for casual audiences. They were never popular with them in the first place, so I doubt nintendo will come out and say:

"There were?"

"Yeah. On the Gamecube"

"...LAME!"

Because the cube was core. Corecube.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974

"There were?"

"Yeah. On the Gamecube"

"...LAME!"

You have a point.

Spire

III
BRoomer
XD where are you guys finding all these pictures, and shouldn't they have been posted in the wake of disappointment left by the Nintendo Conference
They should have, but I just found that, so I posted before it was too late.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
no NES games in Animal Crossing. The essentially dumbed down a GCN game.
I don't get why anyone expected them to be in again, ever. Ever here of Virtual Console? You really think they're gonna put about 40,000 Wii points worth of Retro games in one title? It'd be like expecting Mario Kart to come with all previous Mario Karts, and any other racing game.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I don't get why anyone expected them to be in again, ever. Ever here of Virtual Console? You really think they're gonna put about 40,000 Wii points worth of Retro games in one title? It'd be like expecting Mario Kart to come with all previous Mario Karts, and any other racing game.
Maybe the ability to add the VC games you've purchased to AC:CF? I mean you know the game is going to cost around 40 dollars, and each of the RETRO games are only 500 points, 5 dollars so maybe something like the Brawl classic game demos.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
and honestly how often did anyone actually play those.
Also its definetly not dumbed down. Did u forget that they're adding the city.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Why is this turning into a picture thread? I'm going to go ahead and start talking about something OTHER than Nintendo. (gasp!)

What do you guys think about Square still only releasing Final Fantasy XIII on the X-Box 360 in NA? Personally, I think it's pretty smart because the X-Box doesn't sell very well anywhere outside of America.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Exactly. It's like I said before, mapping a 360 port to Japan would be catering to all of four people, whereas the 360 is wildly popular here, much like the Wii, except only in NA.

But about Nintendo, I just wish something would make the Wii's sales drop so they could see they're not doing enough for everybody. But yeah, while Pikmin 3 is good, I still think they have stuff they're not telling us about. They've been awfully quiet about anything without a "Wii..." prefix, but we all know it's there.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I don't see why people are so upset about Nintendo, acting like they aren't making core games. Obviously, their core games (Zelda, Pikmin, Mario, Kid Icarus?, Star Fox, F-Zero, etc) aren't at a state where they want to show them. Just because Nintendo didn't talk about them doesn't mean that they don't exist. Did you notice that the only thing Nintendo talked about that WASN'T coming out in 2008 was Wii Sports Resort?

E3 is smaller now. It isn't the megashow it used to be. Nintendo definitely wasn't taking it as seriously as they have in the past.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
That's what I'm thinking. Still, I really thought they would take this opportunity. Even they have to realize that they're losing their core fanbase. It would have been wise for them to show anything to make it seen that they haven't forgotten us. But yes, I believe they have stuff they're waiting to show later.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Thing is, we have like, what, 2 1st party games to look forward to this holiday? and none of them are core, theyre for the casual...

so that makes us feel left out, and in my case pisses me off that theres no game I can look forward too at the end of the year...

Puddin

Smash Lord
Thing is, we have like, what, 2 1st party games to look forward to this holiday? and none of them are core, theyre for the casual...

so that makes us feel left out, and in my case pisses me off that theres no game I can look forward too at the end of the year...
And we don't even know if Pikmin will come out by the end of the year, all Miyamoto said was that they were making it thats about as much information as when Iwata told us the Mario and Zelda teams were "hard at work" so all we really have is Animal Crossing.

Pikmin is core :(

Stryks

Smash Hero
it IS, but pikmin is a big IP, not as big as zelda, but thats not the point, if they show Pikmin footage or whatver, it will NOT come out this year, i mean hes showing u the game, and telling u its coming out in 4 months or so, thats too short notice, its like 'oh hey, we made bioshock 2, here some footage, its coming out next month, have fun!', and miyamoto stated they dont show games until theyre in a well enough stage in development to show the game off...

since they didnt show anything for the core titles at this e3, the development must still be pretty young, and i doubt anything core will come out by xmas...

Puddin

Smash Lord
it IS, but pikmin is a big IP, not as big as zelda, but thats not the point, if they show Pikmin footage or whatver, it will NOT come out this year, i mean hes showing u the game, and telling u its coming out in 4 months or so, thats too short notice, its like 'oh hey, we made bioshock 2, here some footage, its coming out next month, have fun!', and miyamoto stated they dont show games until theyre in a well enough stage in development to show the game off...

since they didnt show anything for the core titles at this e3, the development must still be pretty young, and i doubt anything core will come out by xmas...
Wait so Pikmin is being released this year?

Stryks

Smash Hero
If they would have shown a trailer, then yeah, chances are it COULD come out by Xmas, but, miyamoto himself stated that they will only show a game when the deleopment is at a good stage, they didnt, hence, pikmin 3 is still young...

Why cant u guys get that? U only listen to the good things like 'we're making pikmin 3' but not the other things he said?? cmon...

look puddin: they show TP at 2004, it was released in 2006, nearly 2007... brawl was shown at 2006, released THIS YEARm see a pattern? nintendo aint gonna show a big title like pikmin, and release it in less than a year... sure they did with AC, but thats more of a casual game...

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
nintendo aint gonna show a big title like pikmin, and release it in less than a year... sure they did with AC, but thats more of a casual game...
:mad: How dare you!

A casual player is not going to put in the amount of time it takes to get all the fish, bugs, paintings, and complete the catalog.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/25710005/

"I think that there’s probably one other element to it, and that’s that our view of how we use E3 has changed. For a very long time, E3 was an event where — and certainly Nintendo included — catered specifically to the core gamer. Now we look at more … an opportunity for us to introduce new concepts and new types of play that we intend to bring to the broader audience, particularly because of the media that gathers at E3 now.
See? The type of media that gathers to E3 now (news stations for example) were the reason they showed what they showed.

So while attending an E3 event like this, they might be given the impression that Nintendo is no longer focusing on the games that appeal to the core gamer, in fact we’re still working on many of those titles, but it’s just not the type of event where we’ll be showcasing that anymore. "
See again? As I said earlier, Nintendo knew that E3 wasn't gamer centric anymore.

But wait! There's MORE!

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/new...hp?story=19457

From a Nintendo PR guy:

I think that what you're seeing here at E3 is a very small subset of the games that we have.
See, a very small subset off the games that they have.

There. Satisfied? That's why Nintendo's conference was lackluster even by E3's standards. They haven't abandoned us. And if they have, they sure do hide it very well.

Now can we please, PLEASE, discuss about something ELSE that's happened/happening on E3?

Sad Panda323

Smash Journeyman
GreenKirby's post restored some of my faith in Nintendo.

But anyway, what's Microsoft up to other than GoW2? The only stuff I've heard is about Nintendo and Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom