• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Mindreader!
Haha, yeah. If I didn't already have a signature that I like, that would be my new signature. Or maybe I can work it in in some way...I'm definitely going to try.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
So, did they announce anything? It's like 6:30 pm in California. Unless of course they are going WAY later, like 10 or so.

Deception

Smash Ace
So, did they announce anything? It's like 6:30 pm in California. Unless of course they are going WAY later, like 10 or so.
I haven't heard anything yet. You might want go to sleep and wait for news tommorow. But don't get your hopes up. If Nintendo has anything good that they didn't announce, they will announce at some special event of their own, or something along those lines.

I don't think Nintendo cares about E3 because it got worse.

ozg82889

Smash Journeyman
the nintendo roundtable thing is going on.

i checked ign and they have some info on it.
theres no video though. its a written blog.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Nothing yet. I keep on refreshing Kotaku, gamespot, IGN, and other gaming websites for stuff.

Puddin

Smash Lord
The round table is basically the conference all over again, nothing but fail with a little Demos added into the mix...oh well, lets just keep refreshing IGN to see what happens.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/891/891308p1.html

Link for anyone who doesn't have it. It's a live blog thing like the Two Take conference, which means you have to refresh to see the updates.

Actually it's pretty cool that you can bring your Animal Crossing Wild World character and items to the Animal Crossing Wii, so all my hard work doesn't go to waste.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Again, Sony and MS had REALLY strong showings. Nintendo absolutely does not give a **** anymore.

I read that article that Puddin posted. No real-time weather and no NES games in Animal Crossing. The essentially dumbed down a GCN game. See, there is no reason for them to wait until another show to announce major games. This is the first real conference of the year that all gamers look for information on, so they should be pumping out something big here. E for All is in October. Honestly, I can see Nintendo doing the same mediocre song and dance (literally). This is why a one console generation would be awful. The drought between good games that actually hold your attention is far too big.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I'm going to wait until E3 is over to pass any definitive judgment on the future of Nintendo.

GreatClayMonkey

Smash Lord
Rigging the enemy base with explosives, which is l
Again, Sony and MS had REALLY strong showings. Nintendo absolutely does not give a **** anymore.

I read that article that Puddin posted. No real-time weather and no NES games in Animal Crossing. The essentially dumbed down a GCN game. See, there is no reason for them to wait until another show to announce major games. This is the first real conference of the year that all gamers look for information on, so they should be pumping out something big here. E for All is in October. Honestly, I can see Nintendo doing the same mediocre song and dance (literally). This is why a one console generation would be awful. The drought between good games that actually hold your attention is far too big.
I agree Nintendo is pissing me off
I have my hopes up for the private one even though i know I shouldn't

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I don't know, I think Nintendo has to have something up their sleeve to pull out on the last day... Which is tomorrow, so they better or Animal Crossing will be the most hardcore game this year... And lol to GTA on DS.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I don't know, I think Nintendo has to have something up their sleeve to pull out on the last day... Which is tomorrow, so they better or Animal Crossing will be the most hardcore game this year... And lol to GTA on DS.
lol, does Brawl count?

"He talks about how not only kids are going to love it, but also adults."

Where does this leave us...

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Star Fox. That's where it leaves us.

Kids love foxes, spaceships, and lasers. Adults love Star Fox.

D

Deleted member

In 2008, one of Nintendo's best franchises wil lift off.

That would just be awesome!:D

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
In 2008, one of Nintendo's best franchises wil lift off.

That would just be awesome!:D
To real. And no flying.

Star Fox + game made for ground combat = not Star Fox

Don't get me wrong. Ground combat in Star Fox isn't bad, but flying is what has been the big thing and the best thing in the series so far.

EDIT: And... the picture gets changed?!

Puddin

Smash Lord
YAAAAY PIKMIN :D I don't see the announcement on IGN though.

"U guys are getting excited cause he just said pikmin 3 is being made? thats it? ur getting excited over that?"

Debbie Downer however does not appreciate it.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Woohoo! Pikmin! I never picked up the first two, but I have played them at a friends and they were pretty good. Glad to see Nintendo hasn't completely forgot about us.

I still wanted Star fox/F-Zero though.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
Pikmin...... Just great, the one franchise I couldn't care less about. God **** it I just hope they make it better than the first game (which I thought was ****). This better be good enough to make me love the franchise or I will be very upset.

Spire

III
BRoomer
To real. And no flying.

Star Fox + game made for ground combat = not Star Fox

Don't get me wrong. Ground combat in Star Fox isn't bad, but flying is what has been the big thing and the best thing in the series so far.

EDIT: And... the picture gets changed?!

I would honestly love a Star Fox game where you play both on land, sea, and air (mainly air). I'm not necessarily proposing ground-based missions, but perhaps you could walk around on ground when you land at different cities and the like to buy upgrades, weapons, etc, etc, etc. For the longest time, I've imagined a stage where you and and Slippy are cruising on a gunboat in the ocean - you're manning a turret, and Slippy's driving.

My idea for video game growth and innovation within series is to keep the good aspects, but add new features with each installment. Every now and then, reverting back to the original formula may be what is necessary, but you have to spice it up to keep it sexy and new. Also, a personal requirement is equally good single and multiplayer experiences without having to sacrifice one for the other (single player always gets priority however).

As for multiplayer, I would love the next Star Fox game to feature a beautiful, incredibly enjoyable multiplayer experience. For the record, I've never played Assault, but one round of multiplayer and it was a bit oblong.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Dude that is enough to make stay a Nintendo *****
lolwut?

Well personally I'm happy with Pikmin because I'm a fan of the franchise, but I'd still like to see some more big announcements tomorrow (last day of E3)

I just hope they make it better than the first game (which I thought was ****). This better be good enough to make me love the franchise or I will be very upset.
Did you even play the second one...it's a giant improvement on everything the first one was.

I'd love to see a good Star Fox multiplayer.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
For the longest time, I've imagined a stage where you and and Slippy are cruising on a gunboat in the ocean - you're manning a turret, and Slippy's driving.
they already did something like that in assault, except it was Falco(and Wolf, Later on) piloting an Arwing, and Fox manning a bazooka-thing.

I'm pissed they didn't mention anything about Captain Rainbow at e3. It makes me kinda worried about a US release. And it looks way to awesome to keep locked in Japanese shores.

Puddin

Smash Lord
No. Did it get rid of the stupid 30 day time limit? If so then I may just have hope for this game.
Actually yes it did, and thats the main reason it was better then the first (which is rare for a sequel) but you can use as many days as you want.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
No. Did it get rid of the stupid 30 day time limit? If so then I may just have hope for this game.
Pikmin one and two were genius. They were excellent games. But to each his own, I guess. I'm still excited about Pikmin 3 because it proves that Nintendo hasn't COMPLETELY forgotten the hardcore crowd. Still no Star Fox or F-Zero though...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im pissed at nintendo.
A completely NEW conference, and what did they show? the same thing they did yesterday *very slow clap*, its stupid, WHY was it private then, what was the purpose, and to actually PISS ME OFF MORE, they announce pikmin 3, which was a given and... thats it, no info, no trailer, not even a ****ing logo, just: 'we're making pikmin 3'

yes that announcement beats god of war 3's teaser trailer by a long shot... god ****it...

Puddin

Smash Lord
yes that announcement beats god of war 3's teaser trailer by a long shot... god ****it...
"A CG trailer hardly shows a game near completion, it just shows the game is coming.

Miyamoto said the game was coming, Why would a trailer make it more exciting news?"

Stryks

Smash Hero
Like I said at IGN (were u got that quote), we would have an idea what to expect, we can see hints on how the game will play, how it will look like, what else can they bring, like maybe a new pikmin? return of louie? something... god of war 3s teaser showed how graphics would look like, hinted that this may be the last game in the series, and so on... all we got is a 'We're making pikmin 3'... yes that beats TPs trailer back in 2004 real easily... and besides, we ALL want that, confirming a game is practically nothing if u cant show off something about it... thats like oh hey im making a new mario game... but with what? whats the theme? galaxy again? underground? inside a giant plant? what??

Spire

III
BRoomer
Okay, before anyone else gets their panties in a bunch, let's analyze what Nintendo may be doing. We all know that Nintendo loves Mario and Zelda more than any other franchise of theirs, as they are constantly working on titles for both series (and judging by the length of time between each release, they work really hard). So far, this E3 has been filled with a whole lot of "cutesiness", for lack of a better word. If Nintendo has any core-titles, they're either saving them for last, or will continue to work on them 'till they're in proper presentation format. We now know of two big-league "cutesy" titles:
  • Animal Crossing: City Life, and
  • Pikmin 3
There's still plenty of room for Zelda, Mario, Star Fox, and F-Zero; Zelda and Mario of which we know are in the works (especially Zelda). So, we have two big-league core games in the works:
  • Zelda
  • Mario
Please, I hope you understand that Nintendo loves its core games more than anything else, and odds are, they're introducing the "cutesy" core-games (Animal Crossing and Pikmin) to attract the casual gamers into the core world, where Zelda, Mario, Star Fox, and F-Zero reign. We may have to wait a little while longer, but we will definitely be seeing some beautiful core games soon.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Actually, the fact they JUST have a CG trailer proves both Pikmin 3 and God of War 3 is pretty far off.

For Pikmin 3, cool, but not what I was hoping for. I wanted something I could tell people "You have to play this." Pikmin is fun, but the problem is the first two weren't for casual audiences, which if you noticed Mario Sunshine wasn't too much for casual audiences so we got a nerfect game with Mario Galaxy - fun, but the controls and gameplay were really simplistic. Will Pikmin 3 call victim?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom