• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I want games for my DS, not cooking recipes.
I actually thought that's kinda cool. All the new things for the DS, can be applied to the real world. I think Nintendo's efforts to make people realize that video game platforms can be used to help with things in real life.

And plus, being able to order sushi in the middle of a baseball game using your DS? Hell yeah.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
@ Philliip. Watcha talkin bout! Im buying a DS just so i can order sushi. Do u know how freaking awesome that is?!?! *note sarcasm.*

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I cant wait to use my DS to see wheres my luggage at!
Thank you nintendo, this news is far better than anything kid icarus wii can do!

Sarcasm detector is going off the charts!

Puddin

Smash Lord
Actually the luggage thing can be useful. I've read alot of news reports that ALOT of people keep losing their luggage.
But what if their DS was in the luggage they lost?

I actually thought that's kinda cool. All the new things for the DS, can be applied to the real world. I think Nintendo's efforts to make people realize that video game platforms can be used to help with things in real life.

And plus, being able to order sushi in the middle of a baseball game using your DS? Hell yeah.
The only problem is that nobody eats Sushi at a baseball game :ohwell:

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Actually in Seattle I hear its quite popular at the Mariner games. Seeing nintendo owns the Mariners im not surprised
Why exactly would you bring your DS to a baseball game anyways? Wouldnt u umm, be watching the baseball game...?:dizzy:

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Read some more stuff online. IGN basically bombarded Myamoto with new game questions, and he basically said everyone is working on a new game. Basically, basically basically.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
On the drive there what are you going to do in the car?

Any ways any one going to try Hawx? It looks nice but not Wii footage so far
On the drive there... I will play my game boy advanced.... or listen to my iPod. And I myself dont plan on trying hawx. I didnt even know it was available for Wii. I'm just gonna try starfox for the first time when that comes out for wii.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Read some more stuff online. IGN basically bombarded Myamoto with new game questions, and he basically said everyone is working on a new game. Basically, basically basically.
would it killed them to show SOMETHING?! Im serious, nintendo DID let us in the dark, I was waiting Impatiently, to the point i didnt sleep last night... for what?? 'I broke my wrist' for 30 mins??

Puddin

Smash Lord
Everyone but the Earthbound team, lol.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I'm guessing they are probably going too show some actually good games next year. Hopefully you know being optimistic.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Uhm so are the updates and news done for today? Or should I keep refreshing IGN every 30 seconds...lol

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Uhm so are the updates and news done for today? Or should I keep refreshing IGN every 30 seconds...lol
I'm pretty sure they're done, but I think g4 is going to have some Activision thing tonight but that is a different story.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Yeah G4 has the Activision Conference on their site, but it won't be on until 11:45 Eastern, which is 10:45 central, 9:45 Mountain and 8:45 Pacific...yes I took the time to check :ohwell:

Darkslash

Smash Master
We might get our "hardcore" games tomorrow. Almost all the games said at the press conference are slated for a Spring release. Now keep in mind Wii music didn't Wow a lot of people. Do you think Nintendo will get a profit from 1 Game this holiday?

NO!!!

Ridley22

Smash Ace
We might get our "hardcore" games tomorrow. Almost all the games said at the press conference are slated for a Spring release. Now keep in mind Wii music didn't Wow a lot of people. Do you think Nintendo will get a profit from 1 Game this holiday?

NO!!!
Yeah. They will get a profit on WiiSports Resort, for many casual gamers and others will buy it just like WiiPlay.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I would like to address all the hate towards WiiSpeak. What's wrong with it. I personally like it more than headsets. Because with headsets it's just one person talking to another which sucks when you have multiple friends together on one console against another group of your friends.

Also for people who say no good game will come out that uses it search The Conduit, for that looks like an extremely good wii-exclusive that will probably use it. Also Call of Duty: World at War. And they will probably make a F-zero game and Starfox that could use it during online play.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
But, the Conduit thread on this website got closed for on-topic discussion, so that's probably a no on discussing it here. But that's something else for another day.

That is one advantage of WiiSpeak. It's good for a party of people, but what if you try to have a private discussion using it (ex: your computer is down so you can't IM), and don't want your parents to intrude? It has its' positives and its' negatives.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
But, the Conduit thread on this website got closed for on-topic discussion, so that's probably a no on discussing it here. But that's something else for another day.

That is one advantage of WiiSpeak. It's good for a party of people, but what if you try to have a private discussion using it (ex: your computer is down so you can't IM), and don't want your parents to intrude? It has its' positives and its' negatives.
You can simply move it and turn the volume down on the tv. By the way I didn't necessairly[Spelling(I'm stupid)] mean search it on this site, but thanks for the update.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Tried out the video service tonight. Holy ****.

There are TONS of awesome movies, but they lied about pricing. All the HD rentals are $4.50 (cheaper the Blockbuster) and SD rentals are $2.99. To buy a movie in SD, it's about $9.99. This whole section is REALLY well done, and very streamlined.

Television shows were great because all episodes are $1.99.

They also have anime, but I don't watch that, so I have no idea how much it costs.

Yeah, Sony did well.

I find it funny how Nintendo did a truly bad conference in they eyes of many, but people here are spinning it to look good, while Sony had a fairly solid conference, and people call it lackluster, and Microsoft had a truly knockout conference and people ignore it. Go figure.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
Tried out the video service tonight. Holy ****.

There are TONS of awesome movies, but they lied about pricing. All the HD rentals are $4.50 (cheaper the Blockbuster) and SD rentals are $2.99. To buy a movie in SD, it's about $9.99. This whole section is REALLY well done, and very streamlined.

Television shows were great because all episodes are $1.99.

They also have anime, but I don't watch that, so I have no idea how much it costs.

Yeah, Sony did well.

I find it funny how Nintendo did a truly bad conference in they eyes of many, but people here are spinning it to look good, while Sony had a fairly solid conference, and people call it lackluster, and Microsoft had a truly knockout conference and people ignore it. Go figure.
I'm assuming the last part was aimed at me and I don't think Nintendo had a very good conference I felt dissapointed with their lack of games for core gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom