• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Right now, they're talking about the PSP. That Resistance PSP game looks pretty cool. It seems like it was made to explain the inevitable gap between numbers one and two in the series.

EDIT: Second Patapon. Hell yes.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Sony is pretty much bragging about how horrible they are doing in a clever way that makes them sound good. funny how they think they are gonna sell 25Million PS3's this year, that seems impossible at this rate when they have haven't even sold half that yet in about 2 years. At least when Nintendo was bragging they had something worth bragging about. At this rate looking at what the Wii has in store for us this year along with the PS3, I'm buying a Xbox 360.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Actually, WiiSports is kinda fun...

I don't mind a new one, but it annoys me that they're shoving another hardware down our throats.

EDIT: Disregard all doubts about a major new game for the PS3, DC Universe Online has been announced. I'm killing Superman immediately after I get that game.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Mother ****, you Sony! A video store/rental service, TWO Resistence games, Siren in two weeks, AND Rachet and Clank. You want my wallet now or do it slowly?

AWW, an MMO by Sony? ****... Everquest sucked, Galaxies sucked, and the Matrix sucked, but that could have been the actual development crews. This will be on PS3 then?

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Not great. Resistence 2 looks cool, nice shot at Nintendo, and Rachet and Clank is a PSN title for $15. Cool, but nothing out of the park.

Oops, not over yet. Home stuff looks awesome and the video service looks great. Wow, you can buy Cloverfield for $16 or rent it for $6 for HD/$4 for SD. NICE. AVAILABLE TONIGHT! SCORE!

I loved the Bar Graph with Sackboy.
There's nothing wrong with this post except for the fact that you're excited about Cloverfield.

So is Resistance actually going to end this time? And also have more colors than brown and black and grey? Honestly, I tried multiplayer with a friend, and on one small map that had a top with vents and a bottom that was circular and VERY dark, with pipes and such, you had to play as a chimera, because you just couldn't see anything to aim at otherwise. An FPS with a brightness halfway between Halo 3, the bloomfest, and Resistance, the drab land of darkness, is much needed. Oh wait, it's out. It's called Call of Duty 4.

Oh, and Ratchet and Clank is awesomeness for $15.

I think $4 for SD is cheaper than blockbuster, and more convenient. Albeit, I Netflix/Blockbuster Online are both hella cheaper (BBO is $10 a month for unlimited movies, but you have to wait for them in the mail. Not sure how netflix works).

Puddin

Smash Lord
Actually, WiiSports is kinda fun...

I don't mind a new one, but it annoys me that they're shoving another hardware down our throats.

EDIT: Disregard all doubts about a major new game for the PS3, DC Universe Online has been announced. I'm killing Superman immediately after I get that game.
Hell yeah I'm using the Joker. lol

:o To top it all off a God of War 3 trailer, it's official Sony has dominated E3.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I think it's safe to say that Sony wins E3. It's also pretty safe to say that Nintendo failed miserably.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Eh... all 3 conferences were nothing special. Oh well, we can look forward to the rest of the week I think, even though it means those games won't arrive until late '09/early '10

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Cloverfield was quite good.

Gerbil: Speak for yourself, most of the the Sony stuff starts TONIGHT and continues until October.

As for the price of the store, I think it'll be MUCH better than Netflix in the long run. With Netflix, you can run into a mess of issues such as when I had a disc that never worked and only got one rental that month, back stock, etc. Also, keep in mind, that's $6 to rent an HD version of the movie. I believe Blockbuster is at least $8, if not more + what's stopping them from releasing games for rental.

I'm still stoked about Resistance. Once they add trophies to the first, I'm replaying that one.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
As of now, MAG has no release date though. We're probably looking at a late 2009 early 2010 release date for that.

It sucks, but hopefully it'll be worth it.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'm very disapointed in Nintendo this year. Unbelievably disapointed. They could have completely redeemed themselves...

But no. All they do, is improve on the Wiimote's motion, when they should have just scratched the Wiimote all together. An AC game, which, was about #10 on my list of things I wanted.

And Wii Music... sigh.... what are they trying to do?

They could have made a comeback, DKC4, Pikmin 3, Starfox Wii, I just dont get it.

Nintendo, you've officially let down a fanboy.

bored

Smash Ace
Thats what you get for being a fanboy.
I was really hoping Nintendo would at least give me something that might even give me a thought about keeping my Wii, but no, its very clear now. This was just embarrassing...

Darkslash

Smash Master
omg My ears do my ears deceive me? Ubisoft said Girls aren't casual. Now this is perking my interest. Waiting for news on Hawx and possibly Red Steel. Did i miss any Hawx news? ohh and 2 new Wii Ubisoft games

Dogz sportz and

Monkeyz

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I really need a strong game to pull me to get a 360. I want it badly for the Dead Rising series, but I can't validate my purchase for two games that will probably be ported somewhere down the line.

Nintendo, in my opinion, played it smart. Instead of showing a bunch of games that won't be out for a year or two, they show two titles that keep their casual audience in mind.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
I dunno. A lot of people were looking forward for something to show that Nintendo hadn't completely forgot the hardcore gamer crowd. Who knows, they may announce a Star Fox and an F-Zero game before E3 ends, much like Nintendo didn't announce Brawl until later in the show.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
And, as I said, would be very bad. Brawl was announced late in the show in 2006, didn't come out until 2 years later. TGS will be more likely, I think.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I have this big feeling Nintendo is done this year. And i have a bigger feeling we are gonna get a sh*t load from them from now to next E3.

derek.haines

Smash Ace
And, as I said, would be very bad. Brawl was announced late in the show in 2006, didn't come out until 2 years later. TGS will be more likely, I think.
E3 isn't nearly as big as it used to be, so companies aren't putting all of their eggs in that basket anymore.

Tokyo Game Show or Space World are two likely spots for debuts, and they're frequently used as such.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I found it oddly that the only games that they showed us were Casual. And plus when the Wii music was being demoed Miyamoto mentioned

-F-zero

Now isn't that strange? Well at least we know a new Legend of Zelda game might be coming. Zelda teams "hard" at work. But theres something that also bugged me. Make every one smile.
Now alot of people on the internet seem like they are not smiling or happy for that matter. I also noticed that only 2 Nintendo Titles were slated for a Holiday release. If they think they are going to make a profit out of that, they either have no business plan OR planning to release their Big Guns later this E3.

EDIT: I dunno if doing it at TGS is going to be a good idea. Its like in October. but that may be ready for them to get the Trailers done and such

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I found it oddly that the only games that they showed us were Casual. And plus when the Wii music was being demoed Miyamoto mentioned

-F-zero

Now isn't that strange? Well at least we know a new Legend of Zelda game might be coming. Zelda teams "hard" at work. But theres something that also bugged me. Make every one smile.
Now alot of people on the internet seem like they are not smiling or happy for that matter. I also noticed that only 2 Nintendo Titles were slated for a Holiday release. If they think they are going to make a profit out of that, they either have no business plan OR planning to release their Big Guns later this E3.

EDIT: I dunno if doing it at TGS is going to be a good idea. Its like in October. but that may be ready for them to get the Trailers done and such
He only mentioned F-Zero because he played a song from the game. And they said "The team behind the Mario and Zelda series are hard at work" so that doesn't necessarily mean a new Zelda game..

Darkslash

Smash Master
Yea but they could of done a Mario song or some Metroid but then a F-zero game got my head scratching. Thinking foreshadowing. They mention F-zero but only in Wii music. Its just bugging me for some reason

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I doubt that. F-Zero music is fairly epic, more than likely nothing special. Stop getting your hopes up. If it comes out, it'll be a pleasant surprise.

Spire

III
BRoomer
We need to spam Nintendo with over 9000 e-mails linked to the 5th Gen thread.
Hahaha, I'm down with that. Thanks Skyler.

Anyways, I'm really not too disappointed with this press conference, because of Animal Crossing: City Life's debut and the further info on Wario Land: Shake (I've grown tremendously tired of WarioWare and this just breathed new life into the man-in-yellow for me). If Miyamoto stated that the Mario and Zelda teams are working really hard, we're definitely going to get some news later on. Why else would he say that - to promise us that in the future we will get some games? Yeah right.

Here's Nintendo's scheme. Firstly, they introduce this super-general system, the Wii, so that they can attract audiences ranging from two-year olds to seniles. Then, they introduce a ton of casual games for this massive load of casual gamers, with a few hardcore titles on the side. You see, after brainwashing these casuals to buy their system, they begin introducing titles like the Mario spin-off games and Link's Crossbow Training to bring the casual gamers into the hardcore gaming world, which will further translate into more and more hardcore games. Meanwhile, we're getting ticked at Nintendo for not catering only to us, but now - NOW - is the time that they will. I read not too long ago [from several sites] that Miyamoto has stated that the Zelda team are very busy working on games. That's games, with an 's'.

Nintendo is playing it safe, smart, and on top of a mountain. I'm with them.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
That's assuming if you're right.

That's also assuming what kind of games the Zelda team are working on. 3 new Zelda titles all of the sudden would be overkill but I also can't see them working on titles like Kirby or Starfox. O_o

Bowser King

Have It Your Way
Hahaha, I'm down with that. Thanks Skyler.

Anyways, I'm really not too disappointed with this press conference, because of Animal Crossing: City Life's debut and the further info on Wario Land: Shake (I've grown tremendously tired of WarioWare and this just breathed new life into the man-in-yellow for me). If Miyamoto stated that the Mario and Zelda teams are working really hard, we're definitely going to get some news later on. Why else would he say that - to promise us that in the future we will get some games? Yeah right.

Here's Nintendo's scheme. Firstly, they introduce this super-general system, the Wii, so that they can attract audiences ranging from two-year olds to seniles. Then, they introduce a ton of casual games for this massive load of casual gamers, with a few hardcore titles on the side. You see, after brainwashing these casuals to buy their system, they begin introducing titles like the Mario spin-off games and Link's Crossbow Training to bring the casual gamers into the hardcore gaming world, which will further translate into more and more hardcore games. Meanwhile, we're getting ticked at Nintendo for not catering only to us, but now - NOW - is the time that they will. I read not too long ago [from several sites] that Miyamoto has stated that the Zelda team are very busy working on games. That's games, with an 's'.

Nintendo is playing it safe, smart, and on top of a mountain. I'm with them.

How do you think of these freaky, awesome and intelligent posts? Really If you left me in a room for 2-3 days I would have thought of it (well, if I was being forced). Though smart thinking on your part spire. That would lead nintendo to be swimming in money these next few years. No wonder they have been holding off the things we want but still giving us things at the same time (TP, a GC port to get us happy, Curruption, SMG and others).

I hope you are right...

Darkslash

Smash Master
DAM IT MIYAMOTO

Okay hear theres gonna be another Press confernece for Nintendo hopefully. Going to check it on G4 live stream because IGN's wasn't giving me the good stuff.

Omg spire where do you come up with such intelligent posts.

So todays press conference was just for Casuals. But then there may be 1 tomorrow and we may see the GUNS. Okay i tink i got some hype back. thanks man

hectichobo

Smash Ace
@Spire, you just completely gave me back all the hope that Nintendo's last Press Conference killed. Thank-You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom