• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
To the guy talking about negative posts: I understand where you're coming from, but we already knew a new Mario and Zelda because it was stated at the very start of the press conference. But Animal Crossing being a "hardcore" game?!? Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnn that's a leisurely, relax and enjoy our not so intricate Sims game. (not bagging on the AC lovers)

Also, GTA for DS? I hope noone is fooling themselves into thinking there will be exceptionally large, 3D gameplay area such as the console versions. it HAS to be trimmed down. And while it may be good, this is NINTENDO so you can't expect it to be as flourished and detailed, especially in the violence and language department, as the console versions.

Meh.

Nintendo is failing in my book atm.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Just a heads up, anyone continually posting "wah wah **** ninty" posts will be warned. Looking at you Darkslash.

Eor

Banned via Warnings
BRoomer
When was the last time people enjoyed Nintendo's press conferences? I remember not liking any of them after the one where they revealed Twilight Princess.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
****ing Bull **** of a Conference.
But the thing to make the wii remote more touchy and the voice chat looks promising.

hippochinfat!!

Smash Lord
Sucked balls. Animal Crossing was the only good thing. Wii music is a joke.

Hopefully F-zero will be announced at the Capcom presentation.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
@Eor - I did enjoy last years, and the year before. Nintendo was pretty cool in my book, especially since I was looking forward toward Brawl at that time.

Was Animal Crossing the "big announcement" Nintendo promised, or are we still waiting for more?

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
It was a waste of my time.

List of good things

- Animal Crossing Wii (the City system should be interesting)
- That one game where Shigeru Miyamoto conducted an orchestra two years ago (It's called WiiMusic, I think?!)
- Grand Theft Auto DS
- A reason outside of WiiFit to get a balance board

Bad things

- Stupid ***** who though people cared about her wrist
- WiiSpeak broadcasts what your saying to everybody else in the room. Hopefully third paries will take care of that with a USB headset.
- Everything else

During the interview with G4 after the confrience Reggie said "...we have Mario and Zelda teams working on title for current gen..."

My problem with that? NO STAR FOX OR F-ZERO OR DONKEY KONG OR PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING GOOD ABOUT NINTENDO. Seriously guys. Everybody wants Captain Falcon back in the drivers seat and F-Zero. We want Fox back in the arwing. We want Donkey Kong back in the... country.

It was even a spit in the face to those who wanted a Kid Icarus Wii when Reggie said they had heard the rumours, but didn't say anything else about it. Do we get it? Do you hate us? Because now, pretty much every body out of the casual scrub circle hates you.

But now that my ranting us done, lets talk about the good things that they've done.

WiiSpeak is good, but I still think that a headset would be better. I know Nintendo is cautious with letting kids talk to people on the internet, but it's just annoying to me to have stuff like that. Will I have to shout to get my voice all the way to the WiiSpeak on top of my motion censor? To many things are wrong with WiiSpeak for me to not be cautious of it.

Animal Crossing, though, is awesome. I was looking forward to one (probably my only hope for this conference that was answered) and the new city system is pretty cool. I like how it's completely integrated to the WFC.

WiiMusic. Well, it seems pretty cool. It was probably delayed for about two years in lieu or Rock Band and Guitar Hero, but at least we'll get it now. I'm going to be looking out for reviews before I buy it. But there's one question -- Nintendo had FIVE people synced up to one Wii. How does that work? New technology? Something for that game only?

GTA DS. Well, that's a given. The only question about it is how will Wi-Fi work. I think it would be cool to have other people be able to visit your city and screw with the NPC's and that could make their relationship with you effected.

The Shaun White snowboarding. Yeah, nothing really needs to be said here.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I liked last year's, but only because of brawl being announced on Dec. 3rd. We all know what happened there, so I won't mention it.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Call of Duty: World at War could utilize voice chat pretty effectively, also The COnduit and Red Steel 2, so i'm pretty happy with that.

The motion plus seems like it's designed for swords. Everyone's thinking link and lightsabers, and maybe it could be potentially useful after the wiiremote started not living up to expectations, but it better be integrated into wii controllers soon, and not just an attachment, because every game should prolly have a use for it and i don't want to pay for $80 worth of add ons for my 4 already $60 controllers (remote + nunchuck)

Animal Crossing is not the game I was looking forward too. I was looking forward to a NEW franchise, Pikmin 3, Kid Icarus Wii, a new DS model, a sneak peak at maybe DS 2, New Super Mario Bros 2, a storage medium, maybe even a new one of the big three (mario, zelda, metroid). A hell of a lot of things. Not Wii music, Wii Sports 2, or Animal Crossing. In fact Wiispeak, and possibly wiimotionplus, may be the only good things that came out of this. This has to be the worst nintendo conference in years.

edit ^^ That picture made me feel better. How can you be angry after seeing that jovial face. Now I hate myself for being suckered by Reggie. Dammit Reggie, why are you so likeable!

Deception

Smash Ace
I'm sure that they will reveal more this week, but this was not a good way to start E3. I hope Sony's conference sucks, so we'll have three bad conferences in a row to even things out.

Let's hope they pull a Brawl and reveal a hardcore game behind the scenes.

PhillipthaGoober

Smash Journeyman
I'm sure that they will reveal more this week, but this was not a good way to start E3. I hope Sony's conference sucks, so we'll have three bad conferences in a row to even things out.

Let's hope they pull a Brawl and reveal a hardcore game behind the scenes.
Microsoft's wasn't that bad.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Honestly, stop hoping it's anything Nintendo related righgt now. Otherwise, you'll just be disapointed and we'll get sick of people posting "lame the TBA wasn't Zelda,Star Fox or F-zero!"

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Darkslash, one more off-topic/random post, you are gone.

Also, the Brawl announcement two days after their conference is used for big titles that aren't complete. That was in MAY of 06 and Brawl came out in March of 08. Anything else shown is a LONG ways off.

Oddly enough, I have heard nothing new about Spore from the EA one, but then again, I am psyching myself to be bored of Spore before it comes out to make August go faster.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Okay fine...

I was disappointed though no mentions of Sky Crawlers : Innocent Aces.

It possibly can show the real potential of a Wii flight game
So could Starfox if Nintendo wasn't dumb.

EDIT: Lol? The above was spam how...? Geez two infractions in like, an hour or so? Ive only gotten one other one before. Why give them to me now?

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
So, I'm pretty sure my favorite Ninty announcement is WiiSpeak... too bad it came out after Brawl.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
In theory, they could probably patch Brawl to allow it like what Sony is doing with the trophy system. I can't be that much to code.

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Don't know if anybody noticed, but the announcer in Mad World is Gregg Proops from Whose Line is It Anyway? That game looks like a riot.

Nintendo's conference did disappoint me, but all is not lost. I love Animal Crossing, voice chat is awesome (hopefully lots of games use it), it has been confirmed that a new Zelda and Mario are in the works (teams are "hard at work"), Wii Sports 2 looks awesome (swordfighting, kthx). Wii Music looks lame, unless there's a traditional music game mode. Oh, and Shaun White doesn't look like crap, despite what I previously thought.

Hopefully Nintendo will whip out some WiiWare titles. Some classic goodness. Maybe a 2D Mario or something like that.

I'm watching Sony right now, and Little Big Planet and all this PSN stuff is enticing me.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Not great. Resistence 2 looks cool, nice shot at Nintendo, and Rachet and Clank is a PSN title for $15. Cool, but nothing out of the park.

Oops, not over yet. Home stuff looks awesome and the video service looks great. Wow, you can buy Cloverfield for $16 or rent it for $6 for HD/$4 for SD. NICE. AVAILABLE TONIGHT! SCORE!

I loved the Bar Graph with Sackboy.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Hmm lets take a vote, who had the best conference? I gotta say Sony, big fan of Resistance and Rachet and Clank, so at least Sony can feed their fans needs and wants :ohwell:

Oh look a resistance PSP game, that just makes it better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom