• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I'm asking this as a serious question. Was AC: City Folk the only game announced by Nintendo at E3? I know that there is also Wii Resort and Wii Music, but was AC the only "real" game announced?

Puddin

Smash Lord
DAM IT MIYAMOTO

Okay hear theres gonna be another Press confernece for Nintendo hopefully. Going to check it on G4 live stream because IGN's wasn't giving me the good stuff.

Omg spire where do you come up with such intelligent posts.

So todays press conference was just for Casuals. But then there may be 1 tomorrow and we may see the GUNS. Okay i tink i got some hype back. thanks man
Where did you hear about another conference?

Does anybody else think that the G4 hosts should never be allowed to play Rock Band in public again...they should have at least made it so we could only hear the music :ohwell: they sounded terrible.

Puddin

Smash Lord
OK Zelda confirmed, and maybe Kid Icarus. They are slowly but surely making up for it, now all I need is a Pikmin Wii confirmation.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
GTA DS was announced.
I don't play GTA games. That's why I look forward to stuff like AC and KH. I'm more of a lighthearted kind of guy. XD

Zelda confirmations is nice I guess. I don't know I wasn't very happy with TP and don't really want more of the same. I'd like to see something else. But if they can pull of something different (like that april fools future Zelda trailer) I could definately get into that.

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
OK, so here's (albeit probably far fetched) viewon why Nintendo didn't show any core games minus AC.

So as you all know, E3 is neutered. As someone on GameFAQs calmly pointed out, it's now aimed for journalists and stockholders.

Now obviously with the Wii winning this petty console war by a large margin due to it's family friendly philosophy. By showing Wii Music. This will be a hotcake to the casuals. They're happy, shareholders are happy, Nintendo's happy. And of course, they are still developing games for their hardcore as well. They probably thought E3 wouldn't be a good place to show them to stockholders.

Now obviously with the 360 in second place and the PS3 struggling further behind, MS and Sony NEEDED to show SOMETHING good to make a come back. For MS, it was Final Fantasy XIII. Getting a third party game of a very popular series was their trump card. Otherwise, MS's conference would too have also been mediocre.

Long story short: Nintendo was pleasing there stockholders by showing that the Wii's family friendly orientation will keep money in their stocks.

That's my two cents anyway

Puddin

Smash Lord
Just read on IGN about Sony's partner ship with Bones, this is old new but I didn't watch the Sony conference and apparently the PSN network is only getting one anime from Bones? It's called Xam'D and I'll probably check it out, but I'd like to see more of Bones work if they are going to have a "partnership" particularly Full Metal Alchemist, Eureka Seven and of course Cowboy Bebop (the greatest anime ever)

Long story short: Nintendo was pleasing there stockholders by showing that the Wii's family friendly orientation will keep money in their stocks.
I can understand why they would do this, but then when do they plan on appealing to the core gamers? I'm really hoping they announce more later, they can't be oblivious to the fact that this info is put all over the internet and covered live by G4 :ohwell:

Darkslash

Smash Master
Im pretty sure they arnt.

Miyamoto said that alot of people on the Internet said he look terrible during Wii musics 06 showing

GTA on Nintendo, now that a first, I wonder if any Kingdom Hearts game was announced :confused: which I recall there was gonna be one for DS as well as PSP
Im still hoping that KH III is on the Wii. And im still waiting for 358/2 NA date release lol

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
I can understand why they would do this, but then when do they plan on appealing to the core gamers? I'm really hoping they announce more later, they can't be oblivious to the fact that this info is put all over the internet and covered live by G4 :ohwell:
Anytime, really. Does one really need these conferences to announce games? lol

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Why would they?
I meant as a part of the sales speech by Reggie. I'm very, very surprised that they didn't mention how successfully Brawl has sold so far.

Definately not happy with Nintendo's press conference today. I've calmed down, but I'm still quite dissapointed.

Darkslash

Smash Master
IGN stated that Wii Sports 2 is coming next week. wow that was fast.

Any ways Rumor is that Nintendo is going to reveal its REAL games tomorrow.

I meant as a part of the sales speech by Reggie. I'm very, very surprised that they didn't mention how successfully Brawl has sold so far.
They mentioned that it sold almost more than 5 million units...thats almost as much as Melee.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
They mentioned that it sold almost more than 5 million units...thats almost as much as Melee.
...they did? I completely missed it then. Let's move along now :)

Hopefully these rumours of more games being announced by Nintendo tomorrow and the day after are true. If they pulled a Brawl then I'd be one happy camper.

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
Now obviously with the 360 in second place and the PS3 struggling further behind, MS and Sony NEEDED to show SOMETHING good to make a come back. For MS, it was Final Fantasy XIII. Getting a third party game of a very popular series was their trump card. Otherwise, MS's conference would too have also been mediocre.
By reading this I'd say it's pretty clear you don't own a 360. For me, owning a 360 and having a lot of money invested in it, the conference was great. The new dashboard looks great, Live Primetime looks pretty sweet, avatars, despite being a Mii knock off, look like they'll be integrated into games and the system better than Nintendo has done with Miis and there were tons of blockbuster titles shown. The only thing that I didn't get yesterday was information on whatever Bungie is announcing tomorrow. In the end, it's a press conference. It's just information being thrown at you. It doesn't matter if it's boring, it's what they announce and what they show, and Microsoft had both of those areas covered more than well enough.

And to whoever mentioned Spaceworld - Haha. Good luck with Nintendo revitalizing that event.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
GTA on Nintendo, now that a first, I wonder if any Kingdom Hearts game was announced :confused: which I recall there was gonna be one for DS as well as PSP
Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is for the PSP and Kingdom Hearts 358/2 days is for the DS.

And yeah. I was expecting to here news about Kingdom Hearts 3.

Puddin

Smash Lord
avatars, despite being a Mii knock off, look like they'll be integrated into games and the system better than Nintendo has done with Miis .
Uhm what more is there to do with them then just sticking their faces on things and having them preform random actions such as dancing and duck hunting...lol

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
By reading this I'd say it's pretty clear you don't own a 360. For me, owning a 360 and having a lot of money invested in it, the conference was great. The new dashboard looks great, Live Primetime looks pretty sweet, avatars, despite being a Mii knock off, look like they'll be integrated into games and the system better than Nintendo has done with Miis and there were tons of blockbuster titles shown. The only thing that I didn't get yesterday was information on whatever Bungie is announcing tomorrow. In the end, it's a press conference. It's just information being thrown at you. It doesn't matter if it's boring, it's what they announce and what they show, and Microsoft had both of those areas covered more than well enough.

And to whoever mentioned Spaceworld - Haha. Good luck with Nintendo revitalizing that event.
Too bad SHAREHOLDERS and not GAMERS were the ones at E3. Therefore, it was their opinions that matter at the moment. And the moment is, they don't like that 360 is not as popular as the Wii.

And I don't own any of the current gen consoles.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Anytime, really. Does one really need these conferences to announce games? lol
Well no...but it is more exciting :D sorta like your birthday or Christmas morning, but not as materialistic? Or maybe even more..no it's the spirit of giving :D

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah rumors are fliying that nintendo will show something in the upcoming days, I hardly believed that but after seeing the TBAs from IGNs schedule... well theres still a light of hope... even if theyre just teasers I just want info on the games...

Puddin

Smash Lord
Why does everybody keep posting about GTA for the DS...it's done and over and it wasn't even that good of an announcement, especially the title Chinatown Wars? Will it be full of Asian stereotypes or something?

YES POSSIBLE PIKMIN CONFIRMATION!! http://wii.ign.com/articles/890/890276p1.html

"The Pikmin team is, of course, still there and maybe we'll have something to talk about before too long."

This quote will keep me awake all night with excitment...as creepy as that is.

'We don't really have a question. We just want you to make another Galaxy game.' To this, Miyamoto replied, "Leave it to me." Yay Galaxy sequel?

hectichobo

Smash Ace
We have three days. Three days for Nintendo to tell us something big. If that never happens, then I'm hoping for something at the TGS, but if its announced then, I doubt it will be a holiday release.
Speaking of the Tokyo Game Show, when is it being held this year?

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Probably.

But still, some of the words I've been hearing about Nintendo not being done yet are heartening. But I don't know if I can repair the hole they punched this morning when they said they had one more big announcement, the screen went blank AND......a Mii appeared. PLAYING DRUMS. That destroyed me inside. Seriously, I was so stupid for expecting something good from them today. But hope springs eternal, right? After all, look what they were doing before video games were invented.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
New Mario Bros sequel?
Woohoo! Hopefully, it's true. I loved New Super Mario Bros. I got every single giant coin thing in every level and completed every level on challenge mode.

I DESTROYED THAT GAME.

And I want more.

Hopefully tomorrow won't still have Nintendo drop kicking us with the promise of something exciting only to have a Mii... playing drums.

Stryks

Smash Hero
http://wii.ign.com/articles/890/890276p1.html 3rds time the charm...

By his logic, there wont be a hardcore game til 2 or 3 years, cause he states a game is shown when developers have reached a certain point, in which its ok to show the game and hype it, but they showed TP in 2004, and it came out in 2006, so, if no titles were shown, and theyll be shows at the GDC or next e3... yeah were screwed...

I know im exagerating, but by his logic, thats how it would turn out...
Ur still an inspiration miyamoto...

hectichobo

Smash Ace
So lets Recap on the good stuff for Nintendo.

Revealed Stuff:
Wii Speak (Biggest surprise so far.)
Wii Music (Already Known About)
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Wii Sports Resort (With cool wiimote attachment)
Shaun Whites Snowboarding (known about)
A New Pokemon Rangers

Stuff Our Best Friend Miyamoto has hinted us about:
New Zelda Game
New Mario Game (DS)
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Pikman 3
Kid Icarus Wii

Well I guess today hasn't been so bad afterall. :]

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
No, I'm still left without my third favorite game franchise ever, F-Zero. Hell hath no fury like a Nintendo fanboy scored.

Stryks

Smash Hero
dont forget kid icarus wii...
I mean i like miyamotos hints... but seriously compare an interview with miyamoto, where he hints videogames, to a trailer like god of war 3 that just screams '**** yes you want this game'...
all im saying is that i want actual trailers >.<

Darkslash

Smash Master
If nintendo pulls a stunt at E3 then what kinda stunt do you think it will be?

Star Fox stunt

*shows clips of Nintendo conferences*

"Im sorry but CAN'T LET YOU DO THAT NINTENDO!!!"

*shows clips of MS and Sonys conferences"

"your Good BUT IM BETTAH!!!"

F-Zero stunt

"COMON you really think Nintendo's E3 was going to end that fast?"

Also Matt expresses his views on Nintendo's conference

http://wii.ign.com/articles/890/890285p1.html

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Yeah, we were overreacting. The conference wasn't terrible, they did give away some good stuff. A little bit. Animal Crossing=pretty cool. Voice chat=yes. Wii sword fighting=count me in. So yeah. I hope to be seeing some spacefurries soon, but I won't get my hopes too high.

On an unrelated note, it's apparently against the rules to have your message shorter than your sig. Yet I've been caught for it twice in the past two days after doing it for almost two years in the Brawl discussion areas. Are there no mods there?

Anyway, Nintendo's winning in sales, which just gives them more funding to make better stuff, right? Maybe they need that new funding for a new system they're making. We should start thinking more positive. Which will be easier once they announce us some REAL games.

Stryks

Smash Hero
lol like that will happen... if it does, the universe would be complete...

yeah matt sounds as thrilled as we are... nintendo pretty much kicked us core gamers in da ballz with a boot full of nuke and acid...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom