• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkslash

Smash Master
But, the Conduit thread on this website got closed for on-topic discussion, so that's probably a no on discussing it here. But that's something else for another day..
Actually it became a On topic Spamfest sorry to say :(

The easy setting looked hard though. It looks like it could give seizures.

Here look Actually game play

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/36424.html

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
Tried out the video service tonight. Holy ****.

There are TONS of awesome movies, but they lied about pricing. All the HD rentals are $4.50 (cheaper the Blockbuster) and SD rentals are $2.99. To buy a movie in SD, it's about $9.99. This whole section is REALLY well done, and very streamlined.

Television shows were great because all episodes are $1.99.

They also have anime, but I don't watch that, so I have no idea how much it costs.

Yeah, Sony did well.
Does it require a monthly fee like regular netflix? I wasn't paying that much attention during that part of the conference, so I don't remember.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
No, I was referring to the last two pages.

No, it's what you buy is what you get.

Program

Smash Apprentice
Sony went all out... Gotta give them e3 on this one, The fact that they still plan on making games for the ps2 is astonishing.

BentoBox

Smash Master
I would like to address all the hate towards WiiSpeak. What's wrong with it. I personally like it more than headsets. Because with headsets it's just one person talking to another which sucks when you have multiple friends together on one console against another group of your friends.

Also for people who say no good game will come out that uses it search The Conduit, for that looks like an extremely good wii-exclusive that will probably use it. Also Call of Duty: World at War. And they will probably make a F-zero game and Starfox that could use it during online play.
Didn't they say there would be no split-screen?

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
On an unrelated note, it's apparently against the rules to have your message shorter than your sig. Yet I've been caught for it twice in the past two days after doing it for almost two years in the Brawl discussion areas. Are there no mods there?
We don't inforce it too much in the Brawl rooms because we'd be driven nuts with the amount of idiocy. It's like giving a murderer a ticket.

It's good for a party of people, but what if you try to have a private discussion using it (ex: your computer is down so you can't IM), and don't want your parents to intrude? It has its' positives and its' negatives.
Unless you're talking about sex, drugs or crimes, I don't think anyone's parents will care. and you could, I dunno, use a phone if it's that urgent and private.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Sony went all out... Gotta give them e3 on this one, The fact that they still plan on making games for the ps2 is astonishing.
The fact that they still make PS2 games is why many (such as me) hesitate to buy a PS3 when their other system still has most of the good games coming out on it such as Rock Band, Guitar Hero, and many other great franchises.

Exia 00

Smash Champion
with the announcement of FFXIII i think that microsoft did the best. Nintendo was the worst for obvious reasons which means sony was alright.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah I was about to post that... well... this could be it... if we dont get anything here were basically without 1st party titles for the holiday, minus wii music and animal crossing.. .no way im buying that...

Hmm... appearantly thats the same type of conference they revealed brawl back in 2006, anyone know what time exactly will it be held?

cmon kid icarus wii!!

Puddin

Smash Lord
G4's E3 coverage starts at the same time the new Nintendo Conference does so they will probably have news from it, and might even show it :O

Y34HDUD3!!!

Smash Lord
I still have a little hope for N's E3. I am really desperate for F-Zero, I've been waiting for a sequel a really long time now.

A couple of other cool games wouldn't be bad either.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Well, I doubt it will be Kid Icarus. That game was already announced as being in production. Whatever they show will have to be something big. I don't think F-Zero is THAT big, or at least in their new focus on the casual audiences. I am thinking Star Fox or maybe actually a Mario trailer. Even better still, a new IP. But that's just wishful thinking.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
If they pull ANYTHING like that, or just demo some new "Wii..." game, I am selling my Wii tonight.

On a side note: PSN showcased Fat Princess. It looks pretty interesting - 16v16 battle royales.

Amide

Smash Lord
Eh, I just don't pay attention to crappy Wii games. But then again, that means I don't have many games to pay attention to. It still bugs me that the Wii has 50+ minigame games though.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Well, while reviewing my old days of owning a PS2, I remembered one of my favorite games from it and realized it would be a good addition to the Wii. What if they put Sly Cooper on Wii? Come to think of it, there were a lot of PS2 games that could work on the Wii. Hey, they put the Metal Gear Solid remake on the 'Cube, so it's certainly not impossible.

EDIT: I'd also like to add that upon reviewing Reggie's pre-conference statements, he did in fact say that they would be "maximizing all of our key franchises" following E3. I'm not sure what that means, but it's something that was, apparently, missed.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Sly Cooper is a Sony franchise so that would be impossible. But in a recent interview the Sucker Punch, the developers of Sly cooper, said that the inFamous engine could be used for another Sly Cooper game. We'll probably see it on PSN if they decide to make one.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
I apologize if this has been said somewhere in the thread, but I'd rather watch the press conference than have everything spoiled in comments here, so does anyone know where I can watch the entire Nintendo portion of E3? My schedule made it impossible for me to watch the live feed, unfortunately. I can see tiny bits on YouTube, but I'd rather watch the entire thing. If it's not available, then I suppose I'll have to settle, but I'd appreciate it if anyone could share a link (assuming there is one). Thanks.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I think IGN hosts them. You didn't miss much, but the supposed roundtable discussion is where you want to be.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.

And yeah, seeing the words "Wii Sports Resort" made me want to throw up...so I'm not necessarily thinking I missed much. But I'd like to see it anyways.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Meh, the games didn't look that bad, just nothing interesting and what was shown so far was far too small in quantity to make a difference to me.

Like Crimson King said, the one to look out for is the other one they're supposedly holding later today.

Puddin

Smash Lord
IGN's Wii updates have died :ohwell: But here it is, time for G4's E3 coverage and in LA it's time for the new Nintendo Conference thats been flyin around, so lets watch and hope for the best.

Ok never mind G4, all they do is show demos of games nobody really wants to see.

Seriously, they've covered all these games before.

XACE-K

Smash Master
IGN's Wii updates have died :ohwell: But here it is, time for G4's E3 coverage and in LA it's time for the new Nintendo Conference thats been flyin around, so lets watch and hope for the best.

Ok never mind G4, all they do is show demos of games nobody really wants to see.

Seriously, they've covered all these games before.
What other Nintendo conference? I've only heard of the one with the live coverage which really dissapointed me even with AC Wii.

BentoBox

Smash Master
Is it that its really going to be exclusive to Sony in Japan, or is it just that nobody even owns a 360 over there to begin with? :p

Viroxor

Smash Ace
I don't see why the people over on that link seem so shocked. Seriously, how many 360s have sold in Japan? Like, four? Taking the time to map a port to 360 in Japan is more pointless than trying to find a cheeseburger at a vegan's convention.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Urgh...I may be a little late on this, as most people here have already heard all of the E3 News, but...yeah, I'm more than disappointed by Nintendo's announcements. I guess I was right to say that we shouldn't get too excited for E3, because it wasn't worth it. I was waiting for Animal Crossing: City Folk to be announced, but I'm not excited with what I've heard. While you still have the basic Animal Crossing character, you can put on a Mii mask. Great, you killed the Animal Crossing character (who is NOT just a generic person, as some seem to think). Then you've got the city, which kills that whole "small town" feel, and with all of these other shops, is going to render Tom Nook useless. Awesome, you've killed one of the most recognizable Animal Crossing characters. In addition, that city has a shop for Gracie and probably will have other things for characters like Wendell, Sahara, and Crazy Redd. Even better, now we (probably) won't have any of the random events. The only thing that excites me is that we're getting real holidays again.

Pokemon's only recognition was how well it's done recently...with the spinoffs, which sucked, and announced (even though I've known of it for a while) the sequel to Pokemon Ranger. This means, of course, that the real games will get even less recognition.

Then we've got two new "Wii" titles, Wii Sports Resort and Wii Music. Wii Sports Resort might be fun, but probably not worth $50. Wii Music looks pretty pointless, to me. So now we've got Wii Sports, Wii Play, Wii Fit, Wii Sports Resort, and Wii Music. What's next? Maybe they'll do a collection of all of them, they can call it

The best title I saw announced was Call of Duty 5. Hopefully it won't be as much of a flop for Wii as Call of Duty 3 was. I never got it, but my friend got it and said it was awful, and the controls were beyond glitchy.

And we got no F-Zero or Starfox announcement. Fun.

I think it's safe to say that, unless they announce something good soon, Nintendo has secured their place as a disappointment. The new Nintendo, anyways.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I can't find anything on Nintendo, G4 has covered absolutely nothing Nintendo except Shaun White Snowboarding, which is the title every Wii owner was waiting for...And some other generic Skateboarding game. But IGN hasn't had a Wii update in a while and the only site I've seen talk about the other Nintendo Conference is GoNintendo, so it might not even happen?

Spire

III
BRoomer
I can't find anything on Nintendo, G4 has covered absolutely nothing Nintendo except Shaun White Snowboarding, which is the title every Wii owner was waiting for...And some other generic Skateboarding game. But IGN hasn't had a Wii update in a while and the only site I've seen talk about the other Nintendo Conference is GoNintendo, so it might not even happen?
Keep in mind, they're in California, so it's only 5:20 there. Nintendo's second conference may take place a couple hours from now, despite it being late in our regions. I'm hoping that sometime this week they'll unveil something, just one more core title is all I'm asking.

I'm thoroughly excited about Animal Crossing, seeing as how the last AC game that I played was the original on the cube. I noticed however that "City Folk" looks to be a good blend of AC and AC:WW, but cooked into a new shape. Keep in mind that the city is completely optional, as it's a separate region than your town, so you can still play classically if you wish.

Also keep in mind that these are for the most part, just Nintendo's 1st party titles, not the loads of great 2nd and 3rd party titles that we're going to be bombarded with this year. I honestly can't believe that what Nintendo has showcased is all that they're working on and/or have completed, but not revealed. Something else will come out soon, whether it be at E3 or Spaceworld. It's going to happen. IT is.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Nintendo may have failed their first conference, but it does not change the fact that the DS is awesome. Chrono trigger DS is in the works. http://www.chronotrigger.jp/ and http://ds.ign.com/objects/142/14263600.html Even though I found out about this a few days late.

Now I hope that their next conference has good news from Nintendo themselves, maybe holding the good stuff till later is their new thing. They have the non-gamers, now they need to show that they can provide what the true gamers want and not have the 3rd. party companies do the work.

Puddin

Smash Lord
So has the second Conference started...or am I anxious and excited for nothing? G4 could care less about Nintendo. For some reason all they are showing is the same games over and over (Hey viewers look, Street Fighter 4! OOOOH and some more Fallout 3 gameplay! AMAZING and look you can use SUPERMAN in this new Mortal Combat game WOOOOOOW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom