• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTails

Smash Lord
Was anyone really disappointed with the ending? All we got was Animal Crossing and Wii music (which was, what, two years too late?).

Also, it was ludicrously short!

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Eh. The Wii thing wasn't as big as I expected. Animal Crossing Wii is cool because I love games like that, Wii Speak will be interesting, and **** Nintendo for making me want another ****ing accessory. Not saying I won't buy 4, but **** them.

The GTA DS could be bad. It has a customized engine, whatever the **** that means, and makes me worry it'll be like the Spore DS/Wii version. Though, this means Rockstar is testing the Nintendo audience for interest in GTA for it. Cell-Shaded GTA next E3! Bank on it.

Puddin

Smash Lord
.........This is worse then waking up Christmas morning and finding coal under the tree...:urg:

Anyone watching on G4? That guy just said they'd put it on Brawl when it's already come out and it will probably never happen =\

Ok we better see some core games over the next few days or Nintendo basically failed at E3 this year.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
OK I'm not trying to be the one to start a flame war, and I definately have no intention of doing so, but how can anyone say that was an honest to goodness "awesome" conference? All we truely saw was their stats about how successful they are, Animal Crossing, and what? More repetitive "lesser" things? I mean sure, another Mario and Zelda being announced are also reptitive, but where is all the "hardcore" stuff.

I dunno what it is I'm trying to say, I just find myself very disappointed with that conference.

(Please don't call me out on being hateful toward Nintendo, I am not biased toward any of the three major corps)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
The GTA DS could be bad. It has a customized engine, whatever the **** that means, and makes me worry it'll be like the Spore DS/Wii version. Though, this means Rockstar is testing the Nintendo audience for interest in GTA for it. Cell-Shaded GTA next E3! Bank on it.
If GTA DS is anything like GTA and GTA2 I'd hit it. They were brilliant fun. Ad Wi-fi and it's a winner.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I'm kind of really disappointed with that conference. The only thing that interested me was that Sword fighting and Animal Crossing. Hopefully the WiiMotionPlus add-on isn't just a Wii Sports gimmick. I wonder if it'll effect old games in being more precise (I know they're not developed to use 1:1 controlling).

How bad was Reggie at that Jet Ski game? I was laughing so hard.

Puddin

Smash Lord
(Please don't call me out on being hateful toward Nintendo, I am not biased toward any of the three major corps)
On the contrary, I feel the exact same way that conference WAS a disappointment, Animal Crossing, Mario, and Zelda. That's it? Nintendo is forgetting about us Hardcore gamers :( and looking to appeal to the casual women players..what?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Wow that conference sucked. Wii Music looks awful since the music itself sounds terrible and I don't think anyone with musical ability would have fun with it. AC with Wii Speak is cool I guess but I'm not a fan of AC. At least the Wii Speak will be useful for future things. Everything else they showed just seemed mediocre at best.

D

Deleted member

...That's it? No Punch-Out, no Kid Icarus, no Pikmin, no Star Fox? Just another s**tty Animal Crossing and two new games with Wii in the title? F*ck you, Nintendo.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Wait, that's it? WHAT? Where's Shiggy coming out at the last second and advising the audience to do a barrel roll to announce the real point of the conference?

Ugh, they better do some good stuff to make up for this piece of crap conference.

Puddin

Smash Lord
I really hope we see some better stuff at their booth, my hopes are not high though.

Well it's time for Nintendo's Conference to get it's *** whooped by Sony's, anybody gonna watch the Sony Conference be better?

Seriously they have to pull some great tricks to fix this train wreck...

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Let's just hope that this week is when they reveal all of their uh "better" titles. Um, was the Animal Crossing game supposed to be their "big announcement"? : /

On a serious note:

More details on the Mario and Zelda please, and I'd like to see a preview of a new Metroid, perhaps Metroid Dread which has been teased about for far too long now.

Melee 2.0 as well please ;) *flame shield against huge Brawl supporters*

Puddin

Smash Lord
Ok G4 is interviewing Reggi lets see what he says...

His excuse is that GTA and Animal Crossing are the Hardcore games we deserve :| your an *** Reggie, but he did confirm new Mario and Zelda games...I guess it's something :urg:

WaterTails

Smash Lord
I'm not trying to criticize, but do we really need a bunch of people saying "That sucked". We were all disappointed, but we don't need so many negative posts. Also, Reggie's on G4, so that may lead to something... (See, new Mario and Zelda games, so that's two less reasons to complain!)

Plus, like Puddin said, there might be some good stuff at the Nintendo booth.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Reggie: Oops! I did it again!

God****it Nintendo. You use us to get the ship going and then throw us overboard because we are dead weight to you. I've been thinking about it, but I'm for sure now that I want an Xbox360.

Darkslash

Smash Master
I'm not trying to criticize, but do we really need a bunch of people saying "That sucked". We were all disappointed, but we don't need so many negative posts. Also, Reggie's on G4, so that may lead to something... (See, new Mario and Zelda games, so that's two less reasons to complain!)

Plus, like Puddin said, there might be some good stuff at the Nintendo booth.
But conferences are where you drop the Megatons right?

*sigh* i don't have G4 any more so what is Reggie doing?

Puddin

Smash Lord
Is the new Sonic the Hedgehog game not for the Wii? You know the one that uses the "Hedgehog Engine" Because if it is on the Wii it's odd that Nintendo would ignore it, oh well here comes the Sony Conference so let see what happens there.

*sigh* i don't have G4 any more so what is Reggie doing?
Using GTA and Animal Crossing as his excuse for Hardcore games.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
They showed Animal Crossing and Wii Music. That was all I was really hoping for, personally.

No complaints from me!

BentoBox

Smash Master
Nintendo's new title for core gamers:

Wii **** You

Here's the new wireless peripheral for you guys:

Put them over you heads.

The game is just a video of Shiggy, Reggie, Deep Roy and Cammie the Turtle laughing at you while playing a violin on Wii Music.
10flaminglolingcharizards

Anth0ny

Smash Master
HORRIBLE PRESS CONFERENCE. ****ING HORRIBLE. **** YOU NINTENDO.

It's official, they don't care about the hardcore gamers. They didn't even mention Brawl once.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Well, despite what other people here say, I rather enjoyed the Nintendo press conference. Mainly because I'm a sucker for Animal Crossing, and Wii Music looks amazing IMO. I just hope the gameplay isn't too shallow to appeal to music n00bs.

But hey, Animal Crossing! Thats enough to leave me satisfied with the (rather short) conference.

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
Here's hoping they pull what they did with Brawl (Reveal a huge hardcore game in the fallowing days of E3). Where was Disaster Day of Crisis, Pikmin, DK, Starfox, new game series for the gamer?

Nintendude

Smash Hero
There's still hope for something good. I'm pretty sure 2 years ago they didn't unveil Brawl until 1 or 2 days after the press conference. They may pull the same stunt again.

br4n

Smash Apprentice
a mother title on the wii would be amazing. other than that im hoping they announce animal crossing wii, dk, fzero or maybe a new zelda?

D

Deleted member

^^They did announce Animal Crossing: City Folks, but nothing else.

His excuse is that GTA and Animal Crossing are the Hardcore games we deserve
That's it, I'm selling my Wii.

Not really, but d*mn.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I agree with you, tirkaro.

They could have done worse, they could have not shown Animal Crossing Wii at all.

I can't wait for it! ^_^

Darkslash

Smash Master
There's still hope for something good. I'm pretty sure 2 years ago they didn't unveil Brawl until 1 or 2 days after the press conference. They may pull the same stunt again.
You sir gave me a glimmer of hope. Miyamoto mentioned the Internet....and im sure that F-zero theme maybe foreshadowing.....Plus Nintendo power was teasing us about Mother 3....again.....

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I can't see Sony having a great conference... I hope Sony has a bad conference... I can't afford more games this year.

I love how Sony makes fun of themselves though. In Heavenly Sword, they have a girl say "I'll hit you in the critical area... for MASSIVE DAMAGE." And of course last year's E for All where they ripped on Kaz for playing "RRRRIIIIDDDDGGGGEEEE RACER." You really don't see Nintendo doing stuff like that.

Also, don't expect anymore first party games to be announced. These conferences are where they are supposed to do that and spend the rest of the time demoing their games. Maybe 3rd party, but first? That's it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom