• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shanky

Smash Cadet
Star Fox Wii & possibly the new Zelda, that's all really.

A new DK game (a real game, similar to DK64) would be nice but I think Nintendo has basically given up on that franchise.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
times for conferences.

Nintendo: 9:30am (Pacific time) Tuesday July 15th
Microsoft: 10:30am Monday July 14th'
Sony: 11:30am Tuesday July 15th

Gerbil

Smash Champion
I was just looking for this thread lol.

Here's to hoping the rumors of a tactical Halo game are true. :D

chucklesXcore

Smash Apprentice
while its highly unlikely, I hope they try to bring a new Kid Icarus out. I'm not knowledgeable on if this is possible...so if its not woops. but after seeing how much more awesome Pit seems now in Brawl I can easily see a new Kid Icarus type game, but sadly I doubt it.

Star Fox definitely needs a game with a lot more depth to it and it would be sick to see a title for the Wii.

I don't think there will be another DK type game that is GOOD. DK64 is really pushing it to call it an amazing game...i found it way to similar to banjo-tooie in the way it played. and it wasn't nearly as good as banjo-tooie. Rare isn't even with Nintendo and I don't think they are going to let anyone else touch the series at least for awhile if not ever again. He will be just another character in crappy party games now.

Aside from Nintendo, I'm hoping for anything about Kingdom Hearts 3...even just another crappy trailer thats like 30 seconds, but whatever...I just want to know one is on its way soon.

oh and lastly, I am praying that Rare decided to just stand up and go "wow we really ruined the concept of the banjo-kazooie series, by telling everyone the new games are going to be vehicle based...and you don't use kazooie at all really anymore" and then they go "maybe we should stick to a formula that works and start over...yah that sounds good. lets make a good game"

but alas...THAT will never happen. banjo-kazooie nuts and bolts is like doomed to be a failure in my opinion. it has potential...but it just looks bad.

"

BentoBox

Smash Master
Really looking forward to reading about Mirror's Edge (PS3). As for Nintendo, I know I'll be somewhat disappointed but I truly wish they'd come up with a revamped controller with a classic layout (like gc's/360s's/psn's) so devs would stop creating games based on the very first thing that went through their minds when holding a wiimote for the first time.

Aside from that, I find it kind of sad that the only games we can look forward to from Nintendo are the same rehashed series we've been playing for the past decade. And then Nintendo gets praised for being innovative~ D:

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Looking forward to Microsoft's offering today. What I love about E3 - Awesome PSN content. At least last year at E for All we had all the videos available online in one day, and this was before we were getting regular huge content updates.

As for Kid Icarus, expect it. It's pretty far a long I believe.

Overload

Smash Lord
I want a GOOD StarFox game, and perhaps an actual LoZ game, not one that has been ported from the gamecube. A new Kid Icarus would also be pretty cool.

Did you know Miyamoto said Twilight Princess will be the las LoZ game of its kind? Which most likely means no 3rd person viewpoint like it is now. I wonder what direction he is going with that. . . first person? Who knows, I hope this doesn't ruin the future LoZ games but I'm sure Miyamoto knows what he is doing, hes a developing god.

D

Deleted member

Here's what I'm hoping for:

Kid Icarus Wii
Star Fox Wii
Donkey Kong Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
More GHWT news (There will be an Activision press conference)

Here's what I'm expecting:

Kid Icarus Wii
Wario Land: Shake It!
Mario Super Sluggers
Animal Crossing Wii
Punch-Out!! Wii
More GHWT news

Gerudo Warrior

Smash Master
the game that a really want to happen but probably won't happen in the near future is bonk wii.

It doesn't matter if it is a disk game or on the wii shop channel. i just really want bonk wii.

Puddin

Smash Lord
Yay E3 starts today :D As many of you may know E3 is starting today, and G4 is covering it all live I can't wait :D I'm hoping for some Pikmin 3 news, and some more info on Pokemon Platinum.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
All Nintendo needs to do to redeem themselves in my eyes is take a challenge from MS or Sony and respond to it with "Can't let you do that, Star Fox." If they do that, I will forgive them for everything.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
You mean the classic controller?
You mean the crap they tried to pass off as a controller? The gamecube controller is the classic controller but ten times better. The only difference is that there isn't a bluetooth wireless version, but the classic is wired anyways, just wired to the wii remote which is left dangling uselessly unless you buy a third party accessory to clip it on. If you wanna look at a good classic control layout, nothing beats the GC except for the 360 controller, which is perfect.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Hmm

Star Fox

Rumor is that Miyamoto is working on it. And if Miyamoto is working on it then well expect Star Fox 64 Action. Add in a little Dogfighting and we may have a winner

F-Zero:
The blue Falcon in Mario Kart wii is raising my hopes up. Add in a Track Editor and NO ITEMS and you got your self a deal.

Untitled Factor 5 Wii project:
People say its Kid Icarus, i don't think so. As much as i want a Kid Icarus game, I think 1 of Nintendo's teams will take that on. No i think that this game is gonna be a old favorite or one like it. STAR WARS ROUGE SQUADRON!!!!!

Kirby wii.

Another game like Kirby 64, and i may get it.

I hear that nintendo may release a shell controller. Maybe maybe....*i have yet to meet person who can out smart bullet*(cookie for reference)

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Caring about Nintendo is more fun, as it presents a greater challenge. And oh man, how great would it feel if they actually did something great?

Anybody can support MS or Sony, but it takes a real thinker to come up with a good support for the big N right now.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
Nintendo has came up with an upgrade to the Wiimote called Wii Motionplus: http://wii.ign.com/articles/888/888837p1.html

Sounds to me like instead of just having 1 Gyrosensor, the Wiimote will now have 2, allowing the wiimote to read more intricate and specific movements. FImo, the Wiimote needed this in the first place as I was disappointed with the lack options from up, down, left, right, forward, backward, and tilt. It sounded like a lot already, but you couldn't mix it very much at all or the wiimote would get confused.

If the Wii Motion Plus does what it is supposed to do, the wiimote should eliminate these problems. We'll have to monitor it and find out.

Sensai

Smash Master
Unsure of if I'm behind or not, so if this is all old news, ignore:

XBLA games being announced (another Portal!)
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/14/portal-still-alive-lips-uno-rush-galaga-legions-to-be-announ/

Lips supports wireless, motion sensing mics.
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/14/microsofts-lips-supports-motion-sensitive-wireless-mics/

New Galaga game?
http://www.joystiq.com/2008/07/14/galaga-legions-goes-to-xbla-from-pac-man-ce-team/

Furthermore, Fable 2 is finished and out in October of this year. RE5 has online co-op and is coming out March 13, 2009.

Looks like Gears of War 2 is coming out this year, November 7th.

Avatars have been announced. As far as I can see, it's M$'s answer to Home and Miis. Somewhere inbetween...not as simple as Miis, but doesn't look as detailed as Home. Coming this fall.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Caring about Nintendo is more fun, as it presents a greater challenge. And oh man, how great would it feel if they actually did something great?

Anybody can support MS or Sony, but it takes a real thinker to come up with a good support for the big N right now.
That's not funny. :(

I would love to see something new from Nintendo. Not new Zelda new but actually something I haven't seen a dozen times before. Of coures it won't happen. Oh well, I still have Sonys conference to look forward to.

Sensai

Smash Master
So...which game do you guys want more? Animal Crossing Wii or Pikmin 3?

I guess you could also want FZero Wii or Kid Icarus Wii, etc...but I figured I'd go with the safe bets.

Wait, better yet...what the hell is Monolith Soft doing since Nintendo bought them? They were making Disaster, but that was canned...

[Edit:]

****, watching Banjo Kazooie and Viva Pinata things make me REALLY miss the good old days where Rare was with Nintendo.

Well, that's odd...Gamespot just went down. Due to them not being able to show us something?

[Edit:]

They're talking about Rock Band 2 and the guy was like 'We're proud to announce that one of the most titanic bands in history is lending some music to our game.'

And I'm praying, sweating bullets over here: 'PLEASE, BEATLES!'

'ACDC! Yay!' Jeah, well, **** ACDC. They blow.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I think it's funny how they didn't show Duffy playing Lips. Like anyone would want to see that lol, come on.

So far, I'm pretty dissapointed with Microsoft's conference.

Crazy Cloud

Smash Journeyman
I'd love FFXIII made a surprise apperance during the Wii Conference. I miss the good days when the Big N and Square worked together.

D

Deleted member

I watched everything from the Netflix announcemnt to the Metallica album in Guitar Hero.

I've also found out that AC/DC is Rock Band-exclusive.:(

But at least Van Halen and The Eagles are GH-exclusive.:)

Puddin

Smash Lord
**** G4, spreading the coverage over three days, I WANT INFO NAO :( The anticipation for Nintendos announcments are killing me... Pikmin 3 PlzKThx?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom