• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

E3 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yep, Sony just got *****. It's one thing for Star Oceon and Tales to be exclusive to the 360, it's another for FF to go there as well. I might actually have to buy a 360!

Ok probably not but if every RPG in existence releases there I will definately be considering one for a "RPG machine".

The're going to need to something big to make a comeback from that. Like LBP is actually releasing next week or something. :p

Darkslash

Smash Master
Final Fantasy XIII on the Wii will make me scream for joy so much. But i know it may never happen.

But no word on Final Fantasy versus XIII. Could this possibly go on the Wii?

Viroxor

Smash Ace
That's not funny. :(

I would love to see something new from Nintendo. Not new Zelda new but actually something I haven't seen a dozen times before. Of coures it won't happen. Oh well, I still have Sonys conference to look forward to.
Don't blame me. I'll stop making cynical sarcastic remarks about Nintendo when they stop treating us like easily herded cattle and start giving us games like they always have before now.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
That wasn't too bad.

-Gears of War 2 gameplay footage (liked the Locust with the mid-evil weapons).
-That new RPG game the Remnant or something like that
-Portal 2
-wtf, Guitar Hero 4 is 8 players?
-Rock Band 2 w/ AC/DC
-Mii... I mean Avatars! Hurray!
-New Xbox360 desktop. o.O
-Xbox360 > Wii in sales in America this year.

And let's not forget the best game of all, UNO RUUUUUSSSSHHH!!!!1!!!1!1Shift+1

With all these peripherals, gaming sure is becoming expensive.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Final Fantasy XIII on the Wii will make me scream for joy so much. But i know it may never happen.

I think the 360+Ps3 trend should answer that for you.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Don't blame me. I'll stop making cynical sarcastic remarks about Nintendo when they stop treating us like easily herded cattle and start giving us games like they always have before now.
You know there's a rumor that the new Star Fox game is gonna be at E3. Miyamoto was trying it out too. He himself was fed up on what happend to star fox and it seems he's going to make wrong ends right.

Darkslash

Smash Master
Where did u hear about that?
there was this article in Portuguese that said that Miyamoto was doing Star Fox wii. Some one translated it and it said he was doing development on it. I got it off a gamespot thread but because its being a ***** right now i can't get it ATM. But i don't know if its a fake or not. But if Star Fox is there tomorrow Nintendo has my 60$. Maybe

Viroxor

Smash Ace
If that does happen, I will definitely be happy just thinking about what it could be like. Kind of like last E3 when they released the Corruption video of the Ridley fight. It wasn't much news, but it was sure enough to get me hoping.

Nintendo gets major brownie points if they bring back our favorite furries in a GOOD game. Which means no tacked-on gimmicky stuff ala Twilight Princess. If they're doing the motion thing, it better be good.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
There's one question that's been bugging me since Square-Enix announced that FFXIII was going to be for the 360:

What system will KH3 be for? We know that Birth by Sleep is on the PSP, 358/2 days is for the DS, and Coded is going to be for a mobile phone that has yet to be released in the US, but we still don't have any confirmed console for the real KH3.

I'm thinking that Disney may want to keep it on the PS3, but it may go to the Wii or the 360 just because they're more popular.

Numa Dude

Smash Lord
There's one question that's been bugging me since Square-Enix announced that FFXIII was going to be for the 360:

What system will KH3 be for? We know that Birth by Sleep is on the PSP, 358/2 days is for the DS, and Coded is going to be for a mobile phone that has yet to be released in the US, but we still don't have any confirmed console for the real KH3.

I'm thinking that Disney may want to keep it on the PS3, but it may go to the Wii or the 360 just because they're more popular.
Which sounds smarter?

Releasing a game with tons of popular Disney characters on a console with an incredibly high price and the lowest amount of units sold

or

a console with the most units sold and is already very popular with kids.

Viroxor

Smash Ace
Numa Dude pretty much said it. Wii is an entirely different game from the 'Cube. An inferior game, but it actually probably has a better chance at getting a KH game than it's predecessor.

Just wait 'til tomorrow, when it's announced that Square Enix has already completed Final Fantasy XIV for the Wii only.

bored

Smash Ace
KH3 will most likely go to the Wii, its hard to keep something as popular as the Wii away from Disney.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
It's impossible to say where KH3 will go for sure... But I really do hope it is for the Wii. I want to play it, and I'm not buying a PS3.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
Fact is this there should be no surprise that FF13 is on 360 (I thought it was already confirmed). 3rd Party games cost too much to make now to be able to stick to just one console. Next year, I expect to see MGS4 on 360. That being said, the first party titles will stay with the console they represent, so that's your best bet when deciding between PS3, 360, or Wii. For KH3? I predict 360 and PS3.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Fact is this there should be no surprise that FF13 is on 360 (I thought it was already confirmed). 3rd Party games cost too much to make now to be able to stick to just one console. Next year, I expect to see MGS4 on 360. That being said, the first party titles will stay with the console they represent, so that's your best bet when deciding between PS3, 360, or Wii. For KH3? I predict 360 and PS3.
God dammit, Microsoft already stole Banjo-Kazooie from me, they wont steal MGS as well!

Mike87

Smash Ace
Yep, Sony just got *****. It's one thing for Star Oceon and Tales to be exclusive to the 360, it's another for FF to go there as well. I might actually have to buy a 360!

Ok probably not but if every RPG in existence releases there I will definately be considering one for a "RPG machine".

The're going to need to something big to make a comeback from that. Like LBP is actually releasing next week or something. :p
FFXIII is not a 360 exclusive, its just a multiplatform game.
And sorry in advance if I misinterpreted what you were saying

So far Versus is staying a PS3 exclusive

Here is the trailer of FFXIII

http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/19936

I cant wait the game is gonna kick ***.
Personally I dont care about the console wars and fanboyism.
There's way too much whining over this.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
Nintendo Wishlist:
1. Melee 2.0 (Which wont happen)
2. Starfox Wii
3. Kirby Wii
4. A good donkey kong wii.
5. AN EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE! (Please Nintendo, this is the only hope for you to survive)

PS3 Wishlist:
1. Like a huge price drop.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'll go ahead and post a wishlist.

1. For the new Donkey Kong Country game rumor (that is supposedly going to be announced at E3) to be true.

2. Pikmin 3
3. F-Zero Wii
4. A new console from Nintendo, and them deciding to ditch the motion control bit. (Way off... but.. I can dream.)

5. Starfox Wii

6. Not going to happen, but the announcement of a new Smash, or a Smash DS.
7. ANYTHING dealing with Banjo-Kazooie. PLEASE.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Is there a link to the microsoft conference even though the live feed is over? : / last year they had it out pretty fast, but I just don't/can't see one.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
I'll go ahead and post a wishlist.

1. For the new Donkey Kong Country game rumor (that is supposedly going to be announced at E3) to be true.

2. Pikmin 3
3. F-Zero Wii
4. A new console from Nintendo, and them deciding to ditch the motion control bit. (Way off... but.. I can dream.)

5. Starfox Wii

6. Not going to happen, but the announcement of a new Smash, or a Smash DS.
7. ANYTHING dealing with Banjo-Kazooie. PLEASE.
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts And Bolts was announced today to be exclusive to the Xbox 360. Lets hope you got one!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Banjo-Kazooie Nuts And Bolts was announced today to be exclusive to the Xbox 360. Lets hope you got one!
Aye... I've got one. **** Microsoft for taking Banjo-Kazooie, and Rare for their treachery.

This is the only reason I'll ever turn on my 360 again.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
At least Rare hasnt forgotten the roots of B&K.

I was filled with uber-fanboy-nostalgism after seeing the video of the museum area in Nuts and Bolts.

a massive area showcasing all 18 levels of B&K and B-T ftw!

And I lol'd at the trashcan full of grabbed by the ghoulies disks too. T'was awesome.

Ridley22

Smash Ace
I'm hopin for a new Kirby, F-zero, and Starfox games. I could live without the other nintendo franchises that don't have a wii game.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
So what is everyones thoughts on what Nintendo really will be showing us. Im pretty certain they will be showing a new call shaded zelda for wii.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectichobo View Post

PS3 Wishlist:
1. Like a huge price drop.
Which will never happen. It may be a cheap Blu-ray player but thats its downfall. They lost around 3 billlion this year, and now alot of people are switching from PS3's to 360's and Wii's
I know, its just wishful thinking sience i grew up on nintendo and sony and now ps3's are way too much. Ide really like one, but theres no way im blowing that much on a ps3 when im perfectly satifyed with my wii.

Darkslash

Smash Master
What are some great line openers for some game trailers

Star Fox
"DO A BARREL ROLL"

F-Zero
"COMON"

Legend Of Zelda
*plays LoZ tune*

Donkey Kong

*plays DK rap*

I think that Cel Shaded is done this Gen. Hopefully we can get something like Twilight Princess.

Meleeruler

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well after watching videos from the Microsoft portion of E3 I'm psyched for what Nintendo has to offer tomorrow. Hoping for some news on Animal Crossing Wii.

Also, man FFXIII has good graphics. I mean seriously. And luckily it's coming to the 360 so I can actually get it. Woot for me.

hectichobo

Smash Ace
What are some great line openers for some game trailers

Star Fox
"DO A BARREL ROLL"

F-Zero
"COMON"

Legend Of Zelda
*plays LoZ tune*

Donkey Kong

*plays DK rap*

I think that Cel Shaded is done this Gen. Hopefully we can get something like Twilight Princess.
I was strangely disappointed with TP. There was something about it that i didn't like that idk. Mabey it was the whole wolf thing. or mabey the twilight thing. Mabey it was just to easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom