• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Go Down There Jeff! f/ Mango, Hbox, Axe, Jman, Lucky, SS, Zhu, Shroomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lanstar

Smash Journeyman
I'm quite disappointed.

Apparently there will be no live stream of any semi-finals, finals, or grand finals for this tournament, because people rip the stream and post it on youtube before people like waffles post the videos.

bryu_1337

Smash Journeyman
they didn't show winners semis of teams but did show half of loser's semis.

everyone getting upset in the stream just needs to chill out. JB isn't the one who doesn't want his videos ripped. Waffles, lovage, and darrell made that decision. Take it up with them.

Honestly, bobbysiege is the moderator right now. He's trying to explain how having a livestream for a tournament is a privelege to all the smashers out there and that not showing finals may be an unpopular decision, but getting pissed off and de-subbing won't help anything.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
they didn't show winners semis of teams but did show half of loser's semis.

everyone getting upset in the stream just needs to chill out. JB isn't the one who doesn't want his videos ripped. Waffles, lovage, and darrell made that decision. Take it up with them.

Honestly, bobbysiege is the moderator right now. He's trying to explain how having a livestream for a tournament is a privelege to all the smashers out there and that not showing finals may be an unpopular decision, but getting pissed off and de-subbing won't help anything.
I don't remember anyone directing their anger towards JB... >_>

Just because it's a service in the first place, doesn't mean you can't complain about a stupid decision.

bryu_1337

Smash Journeyman
some homos were trolling in the stream and he got really pissed off then a lot of people started complaining.

I not saying no one should complain, i'm just sayong it probably won't help anything.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
some homos were trolling in the stream and he got really pissed off then a lot of people started complaining.

I not saying no one should complain, i'm just sayong it probably won't help anything.
They were trolling in the stream in hopes that someone would pass on their opinion. Again, I don't think any of their hate was directed at JB, it was just general complaining.

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
Talking about this in the stream clearly doesn't work so I'd like a reasonable response from someone who was involved in the decision with the stream. I'm only saying this so that you can possibly rethink your decision and decide to stream GFs, WFs and all that for singles!

I really would like to know if their was another reason for not streaming other than, "people who rip the stream and upload it will get us less views". If there isn't then please read below.

You guys REALLY don't have to worry about that. Think about it. The people who rip the videos have little to no subscribers, and they can't make a video thread because it'll get closed/they'll get chewed out. So really, how are they going to spread around the videos for everyone to see? They won't, and they'll get barely any views. Of course, people can search for the matches but only the very eager will watch those and they'll have to deal with ****ty quality. Since they're dealing with ****ty quality, they'll probably watch the official vids once they're up. Brandon, you have 5000 subscribers! No matter what happens, your videos will still get HELLA VIEWS! plus, people will come back to YOUR ACCOUNT and watch them, say, a month after they're uploaded. They're not going to go back and watch the ripped videos lol.

Of course, I know you guys do this for free and it's a labor of love. If you're reason for not streaming was "I don't feel like it", then there's nothing to debate about (well there is but it would be mostly opinions). However, your reason was one of paranoia that the stream would get ripped, which CAN be debated about in a logical manner.

So to reiterate, ripped videos don't do anything.

hollllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaa

P.S: Please don't take this as hate, cuz it's not. I upload vids/run tournies as well and I know it's a lot of work. I respect what you guys do.

JDM

Smash Champion
This thing only matters if the uploader makes profit from these videos.

Why do you even have a livestream if you're not showing anything worthwhile?

III

Smash Rookie
Eh, I get where the organizer is coming from. However I'm not really sure why we can't just see it in black and white :/

PB&J

Smash Hero
stab- your the man. i was going to come and here and basically say all of what u said,but the lazy way.

so....
what stab said

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I just think if smashers agreed not to watch the ripped videos that this wouldn't be a problem.

Respect the uploaders and wait for their videos if you want them to keep uploading.

Architect

Smash Rookie
like who watches those videos anyway? there's no point. Unless the videos take more than a week to get up, and then people just get angry at the uploaders for not getting them up fast enough. The uploaders have lives, so they're mad that people are being demanding.

I know that if I want to take in a match (for study or for entertainment) I like good quality stuff. Even good handycam stuff is hard to watch (mango vs hbox matches are the exception). There has to be another reason

And everything stab said.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
Team results
1st: Mango/Lucky
2nd: Hbox/Zhu
3rd: Alan/Shroomed
4th: PewpewU/Sfat
5: HMW/Scar
5th: Axe/Taj

Did mango and lucky win teams? I didnt stay for grand finals/ Im just assuming they won

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Talking about this in the stream clearly doesn't work so I'd like a reasonable response from someone who was involved in the decision with the stream. I'm only saying this so that you can possibly rethink your decision and decide to stream GFs, WFs and all that for singles!

I really would like to know if their was another reason for not streaming other than, "people who rip the stream and upload it will get us less views". If there isn't then please read below.

You guys REALLY don't have to worry about that. Think about it. The people who rip the videos have little to no subscribers, and they can't make a video thread because it'll get closed/they'll get chewed out. So really, how are they going to spread around the videos for everyone to see? They won't, and they'll get barely any views. Of course, people can search for the matches but only the very eager will watch those and they'll have to deal with ****ty quality. Since they're dealing with ****ty quality, they'll probably watch the official vids once they're up. Brandon, you have 5000 subscribers! No matter what happens, your videos will still get HELLA VIEWS! plus, people will come back to YOUR ACCOUNT and watch them, say, a month after they're uploaded. They're not going to go back and watch the ripped videos lol.

Of course, I know you guys do this for free and it's a labor of love. If you're reason for not streaming was "I don't feel like it", then there's nothing to debate about (well there is but it would be mostly opinions). However, your reason was one of paranoia that the stream would get ripped, which CAN be debated about in a logical manner.

So to reiterate, ripped videos don't do anything.

hollllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaa

P.S: Please don't take this as hate, cuz it's not. I upload vids/run tournies as well and I know it's a lot of work. I respect what you guys do.
This.

Team results
1st: Mango/Lucky
2nd: Hbox/Zhu
3rd: Alan/Shroomed
4th: PewpewU/Sfat
5: HMW/Scar
5th: Axe/Taj

Did mango and lucky win teams? I didnt stay for grand finals/ Im just assuming they won
They did. :)

Zoap

Smash Master
In response to video/stream thing, chill out. If you want to see the matches the day of you should be at the tournament, period.

Brandon(Waffles) doesn't make a dime for the effort he puts in and if he doesn't want his videos getting ripped it's his choice whether to stream or not. And it's not like JB disagreed with him. The TO backed his decision, get over it and enjoy what you get.

In response to the post above:
Dajuan+Alan vs Mango Lucky was 3-1(Winners Finals)
Dajuan+Alan vs Zhu Hbox was 3-2(Losers finals)
Zhu and Hbox vs Mango Lucky was either 3-0 or 3-1(Grand Finals)

Zoap

Smash Master
O but they believe they are kevin.

give a mouse a cookie and he'll ask for a glass a milk with it.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
A more accurate analogy in this case would be: Give a mouse a cookie and he'll ask for a glass of milk with it (said mouse has been given this milk every-time he has got the cookie in the past, and the person who normally gives him the milk has no good reason to keep it away from him).

DarrellD

Smash Ace
What do any of you know about having someone upload your vids?
Brandon puts in the most amount of work for the vids on his channel and its unfair for ANYONE to take that away from him. Besides, what ever happened to good old patients? People cant even wait a damn week or two for some smash vids anymore.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
What do any of you know about having someone upload your vids?
Brandon puts in the most amount of work for the vids on his channel and its unfair for ANYONE to take that away from him. Besides, what ever happened to good old patients? People cant even wait a damn week or two for some smash vids anymore.
i agree with all that, except i think the whole patience thing is more so the live hype thing.

also enjoy my $1 :p

have your falcon get at me!

today was hella fun. soooomany friendlies, tomorrow should be ****. i want to do more falco dittos people should play me in them :D SFAT were falco ditto'ng tomorrow again!

also my friends are saying that jb announced crews were gonna be earlier than 12? cannyone confirm this? it'd help out.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Actually, the more accurate analogy would be giving us some meal at a fast food place, and after we've eaten the fries and had the shake you take the burger away and say 'you can have it in two weeks'

Zoap

Smash Master
your lucky he gave you any food to begin with. he coulda just let you starve for two weeks b4 feeding you.

Quic

Smash Journeyman
Yes, it's really, really nice Brandon does all this work for us, but that does not mean every decision he makes is correct and should be regarded as such.
I mean you would probably be slightly mad if whatever channel dexter runs on would say after 40 minutes of the season finale: 'that's it for now, we'll upload the last 10 minutes in due time'
This is obviously different, as we don't pay Brandon for this stream or upload service, and that's why I'm not angry, only sort of confused about the affair.

_lemons

Smash Journeyman
It's as if you can't question the logic of his decision without undermining the work he's done or something. With that said, I really appreciate the work HMW does :bee:

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
buncha ingrates itt

It's as if you can't question the logic of his decision without undermining the work he's done or something. With that said, I really appreciate the work HMW does :bee:

you can obv do this, no one said you couldn't or that doing so necessarily means are you aren't being gracious. the problem is that for however many people do the above you get some people doing this:

which results in a few people ****ing it up for everyone. same thing happened in the rom livestream-- they were trying to run it off a phone, people *****ed, stream was shutdown b/c who wants to through the effort of getting one up when people are yapping about how crappy a job they are doing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom