• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Go Down There Jeff! f/ Mango, Hbox, Axe, Jman, Lucky, SS, Zhu, Shroomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

-tRiNiTy-

Smash Apprentice
Meh... It's too bad that some people just can't get a right attitute in the stream and can't even behave properly, but then again since this tournament was so hyped, I kinda understand that.

Still, there's no need for trollings in a live stream. You should rather be happy that they actually did a live stream in the first place, so you might as well just appreciate their work guys...

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
tons of people end up watching the ripped videos because they search on youtube for the videos. lots of people only watch videos on youtube and honestly don't check threads or even use smashboards.

no one is entitled to anything when it comes to videos or streaming.

III

Smash Rookie
Was I banned from the chat, or is Ustream just being stupid?
Mighta been ustream, I got banned several times when I wasn't even posting.

Honestly everyone who said on the chat to boycott HMW's vids...seriously? HMW has done a great thing for all smash by uploading vids. I'd rather see the matches a week late then not see them at all.

Burnt_Toast

Smash Cadet
Thank you to everyone who participated in Smash Ranks yesterday. We got a total of 6 completed results and they can be found here starting with contest 000015. We had a seventh in progress (Smoke 2 Joints vs Gishnack) but unfortunately, the data was not saved. It was a really close match when they had to set it down to go play in the tournament (24 to 23) so I hope they'll want to give it another shot today.

Today it is super important that we connect as many people who are from out of town as possible. Hungry Box told me he was interested in giving this a shot, and Mango told me that he'd play Hungry Box, so we're going to try to make that happen today. It would be incredible to have the East and West coasts connected this early in the game. We'll also be trying to get people from AZ, Nor-Cal, and So-Cal entwined. We'll be there at about 1 and will be trying to keep the two setups we brought running contests for the rest of the day. If you'd like to participate, let me know when you see me at the tourney.

Alternatively, you could take the initiative and do one of these yourselves - just be sure to read through the rules in this thread carefully (the rules on smashranks.com won't be accurate for the next few hours until I can get Sausage Fest to update it to what I've changed them to. For now, the rules in the thread I linked to are correct).

Here's a list of the players from yesterday's contests:

000015 - Silent Spectre vs Lucien
000016 - Lucien vs Dunk
000017 - Burnt Toast vs Vans
000018 - Smoke 2 Joints vs West Ballz
000019 - Zelgadis vs (gotta hit up Zel for his opponent's name)
000020 - Mr. Ganondorf vs Sam

Merkuri

Smash Lord
OMG this is the most ******** thing I've heard in a long time, Brandon isn't gonna stream WFs, LFs and GFs because doesn't want the vids to get ripped and his channels to get less view? WTF? I don't know why everyone respects Waffles so much, this is just more proof of how inconsiderate he is. Stream the danm matches, who cares if your channel gets less views. Geez, I wish we had more competent streamers and uploaders in our community, this would never happen at SRK tournaments.

Sox

Smash Journeyman
then watch ****ing SRK tournaments. Merkuri, you're one of the worst people in this community, and I don't know how you can't see that. Please, shut the **** up.

Atlus8

Smash Master
Talking about this in the stream clearly doesn't work so I'd like a reasonable response from someone who was involved in the decision with the stream. I'm only saying this so that you can possibly rethink your decision and decide to stream GFs, WFs and all that for singles!

I really would like to know if their was another reason for not streaming other than, "people who rip the stream and upload it will get us less views". If there isn't then please read below.

You guys REALLY don't have to worry about that. Think about it. The people who rip the videos have little to no subscribers, and they can't make a video thread because it'll get closed/they'll get chewed out. So really, how are they going to spread around the videos for everyone to see? They won't, and they'll get barely any views. Of course, people can search for the matches but only the very eager will watch those and they'll have to deal with ****ty quality. Since they're dealing with ****ty quality, they'll probably watch the official vids once they're up. Brandon, you have 5000 subscribers! No matter what happens, your videos will still get HELLA VIEWS! plus, people will come back to YOUR ACCOUNT and watch them, say, a month after they're uploaded. They're not going to go back and watch the ripped videos lol.

Of course, I know you guys do this for free and it's a labor of love. If you're reason for not streaming was "I don't feel like it", then there's nothing to debate about (well there is but it would be mostly opinions). However, your reason was one of paranoia that the stream would get ripped, which CAN be debated about in a logical manner.

So to reiterate, ripped videos don't do anything.

hollllllllllllllllllllaaaaaaaaaa

P.S: Please don't take this as hate, cuz it's not. I upload vids/run tournies as well and I know it's a lot of work. I respect what you guys do.

Tell'em Stab!

Geez, I wish we had more competent streamers and uploaders in our community, this would never happen at SRK tournaments.
I do <3 the quality of some Street Fighter streams! I especially <3 how they get the top 8 to play on the stream!

Acidile

Smash Journeyman
Namedropping SRK around here isn't a very good way of getting support for your argument...

Regardless, I think it's a bit dumb that a tournament with a live stream setup isn't broadcasting important matches. I just feel like it's something that should be standardx1000, I realize HMW has reasons but it just seems off.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
OMG this is the most ******** thing I've heard in a long time, Brandon isn't gonna stream WFs, LFs and GFs because doesn't want the vids to get ripped and his channels to get less view? WTF? I don't know why everyone respects Waffles so much, this is just more proof of how inconsiderate he is. Stream the danm matches, who cares if your channel gets less views. Geez, I wish we had more competent streamers and uploaders in our community, this would never happen at SRK tournaments.
considering smash is nowhere near as big as street fighter streams

and ripped street fighter streams is usually where i end up watching SF matches...
it's kind of a slap in the face for his hard work if someone just rips the matches that he has. but of course he's not performing any "hard work" because he takes so long amirite lolol!!!

Merkuri, i think it would do you good to become an uploader yourself so you can see what it's like.

i don't mean for small locals or anything. If you ever attend a national, how about HMW, stab, myself, zant and whoever else give you all the matches we record?

How old are you, merkuri? do you have a powerful computer on hand?

you better be at pound 5 so i can give you everything i record.

PB&J

Smash Hero
yeah,im mad that they are not going to stream important matches(tourny matches) but at least put som hyped friendlies or something on the stream. I thought that was the standard of live streams in the first place, not noob a vs noob b.

just keep sfat on there at least ,if any other good players wont play on there

edit: just spoke to Jb and Hbox on the phone..i understand where they are coming from now

he said crews will be on the stream, so im hyped about that

p.s.-sleepyk-jb said can u hit him on aim and help him run the stream and record good quality vids like you did at to5 and other tournies

his aim is jusbeatbox

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I definitely agree that it's silly that as soon as you question the decision you are clearly undermining everything EVERY uploader does and as such it is a direct attack on their personality and dedication to the smash community.

When did uploaders get such a giant E-peen about these things?

Radiowar

Smash Cadet
from what jb said it seems like it's more about having control over how the videos are released, as opposed to being greedy about views or w/e. that is a perfectly reasonable position to take. i would argue that it is misguided, that the live ustream experience is not a substitute for the high quality youtube experience, and vice versa. if there are concerns about ustream rips being uploaded to youtube, it might just be unavoidable, though i've only ever seen that happen with pound 4 and apex streams.

if you had just said "no stream" from the get go there probably wouldn't have been this uproar. as opposed to starting off w/ a stream, accusing everybody of being thieves, then shutting it down.

anyway stream is up now so i'll shut up

Tink

Smash Hero
yo, i understand that he doesnt wanna get them ripped, but its not like hes the ONLY smasher on the WC that can record vids/stream them -_-. him making it his priority and then that making him the ultimate boss on the subject is madd wack.

like, if HMW doesnt want hisss vids to get ripped, let someone else record/stream them -_-.
if this has nothingggg to do with getting money for his youtube account(because they give you money for hitting certain amount of views), then there should be nooo johns.

Atlus8

Smash Master
yo, i understand that he doesnt wanna get them ripped, but its not like hes the ONLY smasher on the WC that can record vids/stream them -_-. him making it his priority and then that making him the ultimate boss on the subject is madd wack.

like, if HMW doesnt want hisss vids to get ripped, let someone else record/stream them -_-.
if this has nothingggg to do with getting money for his youtube account(because they give you money for hitting certain amount of views), then there should be nooo johns.
This right here!

LLDL

Smash Hero
Lmao. Shut up already. As you said, he is not the only one that records on WC. The players can go on someone else's recording setup, and they can set up stream. They don't have to play on waffles setup. Most ******** and whack discussion ever lol.

Mahone

Smash Champion
If he just streamed it and someone ripped it and posted it on youtube wouldn't that be better for him.

I thought uploaders were always complaining about how long it takes and all that **** anyway.

Am i missing something? There is no money to be had in youtube, so views don't mean anything (or do they?)

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
I for one would love it if Brandon getting hella views would get him paid, the man does work, so stfu.

Brandon puts in work bring **** to tournies, keeping the stream working and commentating while also entering in the tournies.

Get some patience and some respect.

Not to mention, he has to edit huge chunks of footage and upload them all.

This takes time and money. I want to watch GF and LF and Wf on the stream but it is brandons time and money so he can do whatever the **** he wants.

Be grateful that he is RECORDING them and UPLOADING them FOR EVERYONE to watch FOR FREE.

(On my lunch break )

PokemonMasterIRL

Smash Master
I for one would love it if Brandon getting hella views would get him paid, the man does work, so stfu.

Brandon puts in work bring **** to tournies, keeping the stream working and commentating while also entering in the tournies.

This takes time and money. I want to watch GF and LF and Wf on the stream but it is brandons time and money so he can do whatever the **** he wants.

Be grateful that he is RECORDING them and UPLOADING them FOR EVERYONE to watch FOR FREE.

(On my lunch break )

Doser

Smash Ace

(On my lunch break )
Yes, but what people are saying is, if he has such a problem with it, he should let others host it.

It's purely for the community, I mean I don't think views matter in terms of money, he should let people show the matches that don't care if it gets ripped.

White_Mike

Smash Lord
I mean if Waffles doesn't want to stream certain matches and save them for upload then that's whatever.

But if there were someone else there who could stream and JB told them they couldn't because waffles wants to upload those videos then that's kind of like having a monopoly on smash vids lol.

Edit: Pretty sure JB said they're going to be streaming all of the important singles matches so this discussion should end lol

Merkuri

Smash Lord
I mean if Waffles doesn't want to stream certain matches and save them for upload then that's whatever.

But if there were someone else there who could stream and JB told them they couldn't because waffles wants to upload those videos then that's kind of like having a monopoly on smash vids lol.

Edit: Pretty sure JB said they're going to be streaming all of the important singles matches so this discussion should end lol
That would be awesome, I really hope JB doesn't allow Brandon's conceited selfish bull****.

Ltork

Smash Cadet
You guys complaining should think about the amount of videos you've seen thanks to HMW.
He puts time and effort so we can watch those videos with good quality and awesome commentary (most of the time).
Let him have the vids he wants, we get it for free, why are we demanding?

Merkuri

Smash Lord
You guys complaining should think about the amount of videos you've seen thanks to HMW.
He puts time and effort so we can watch those videos with good quality and awesome commentary (most of the time).
Let him have the vids he wants, we get it for free, why are we demanding?
We're complaining because if he wants to be so pompous and selfish with his videos then he shouldn't be recording at all, he should let someone else do it. There are other people will record videos if waffles said he wouldn't do it. Quit defending him.

LLDL

Smash Hero
We're complaining because if he wants to be so pompous and selfish with his videos then he shouldn't be recording at all, he should let someone else do it. There are other people will record videos if waffles said he wouldn't do it. Quit defending him.
Nah son, you complaining lol. You and you alone.

Angel.M <3 C:

Smash Champion
You're seriously a spoiled brat. He uploads thousands of videos for you(most of which no one else would have done) and you complain about what he does with HIS videos? YOU aren't doing anything for him, yet he is for you. Grow the **** up.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I definitely agree that it's silly that as soon as you question the decision you are clearly undermining everything EVERY uploader does and as such it is a direct attack on their personality and dedication to the smash community.

When did uploaders get such a giant E-peen about these things?
Just like to quote this, people seem to be forgetting it.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Hope y'all aren't givin' my boy HMW a had time in here about the uploads/livestream. I too know how it feels to be under-appreciated. Uploads or no uploads, I have zero complaints. Knowing the results of a tournament that I didn't even attend is more than enough for me.

Tink

Smash Hero
to be fair, noone should be mad at hmw, because he didnt care about it.....JB is the one thats making ppl stop the stream...just to clear that up. atleast from what i heard on the stream -_-.

cant wait for later on the bracket tho, they said they dont mind streaming those =D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom