• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Go Down There Jeff! f/ Mango, Hbox, Axe, Jman, Lucky, SS, Zhu, Shroomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
Remember the tourney where axe 4 stocked Chris on green greens?

Axe lost that set. :)

Sure Axe brought it back in losers, but thats three times chris beat him in winners. :)

I don't care what johns you have for him, but Chris still does extremely well against Axe.

@Scar: Of course I play Melee. But yeah, you suck. :)
no the one where he four stocked my fox was in grand finals. the youtube match is mislabeled. when i beat him in winners at that tournament, match 1 and 2 were his pikachu and match 3 was his falco on PS and that's the set i had won. however it was not recorded.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Remember the tourney where axe 4 stocked Chris on green greens?

Axe lost that set. :)

Sure Axe brought it back in losers, but thats three times chris beat him in winners. :)

I don't care what johns you have for him, but Chris still does extremely well against Axe.

@Scar: Of course I play Melee. But yeah, you suck. :)
i'm pretty sure jeff has beaten chris way more times than that, though

HyugaRicdeau

Baller/Shot-caller
Slippi.gg
DRZ#283
Hey all,

I wanted to let you know that Burnt Toast will be bringing a setup dedicated to his Melee Ranking System:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291764
The idea is that it would be something similar to elo or glicko rating system. I haven't tested it out yet but apparently several people have played around with it and there's been a fair amount of discussion about it.

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
Hey all,

I wanted to let you know that Burnt Toast will be bringing a setup dedicated to his Melee Ranking System:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291764
The idea is that it would be something similar to elo or glicko rating system. I haven't tested it out yet but apparently several people have played around with it and there's been a fair amount of discussion about it.
It looks interesting. :)

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
U READY FOR THIS JUSTIN??? i see you lurkin!!!!

im hype son!
pickin up jman tomoro gonna get sum practice in
LOL WTf I was just reading thru ppl talking ****, drama, MacD coming for me, e.t.c.

LOL WAIT u can tell im in this... LOL. I'm actually reading/studying the term footsies for street fighter and is wondering if I can apply it to melee which I probably can but iono if I'm able to because of the games mechanics... Of course Lucien would say IT CAN!!! xD.

see everyone this weekend... Hopefully if I get a ride >.<.

K Balls

Smash Journeyman
LOL WTf I was just reading thru ppl talking ****, drama, MacD coming for me, e.t.c.

LOL WAIT u can tell im in this... LOL. I'm actually reading/studying the term footsies for street fighter and is wondering if I can apply it to melee which I probably can but iono if I'm able to because of the games mechanics... Of course Lucien would say IT CAN!!! xD.

You are studying footsies right now. Your a scrub lol. That term has been around for a long time. I refer to them as pokes noob lol.

Vyke

Smash Champion
Scar you talking smack? i ***** that zelda your scrub *** almost got 2-0ed by in pools dnt speak

<3
thelake on a ballers account

brah i didnt even use zelda on you last game cause i love ya and didnt wanna soil ya in front of ya gs

ya dig ma doo

falcon sucks

scars a champ

nandos the prince of thieves

and swift is the truth that will set us free

Violence

Smash Lord

Hey Justin, worst case, I got you, man.

Burnt_Toast

Smash Cadet
Sheridan has permitted me to bring a setup dedicated for Smash Ranks. For those of you who don't know what that is, you can read about it in this thread or at smashranks.com. Our goal at this tournament will be to connect as many out of town players as possible to what will eventually be a massive extended network. This exact post explains in detail what I mean by that.

Edit: For those of you taking in all this information for the first time, ignore that we played first to 100 in a lot of our early contests. The standard has since been reduced to 60.

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
Sheridan has permitted me to bring a setup dedicated for Smash Ranks. For those of you who don't know what that is, you can read about it in this thread or at smashranks.com. Our goal at this tournament will be to connect as many out of town players as possible to what will eventually be a massive extended network. This exact post explains in detail what I mean by that.

Edit: For those of you taking in all this information for the first time, ignore that we played first to 100 in a lot of our early contests. The standard has since been reduced to 60.
sweet! good stuff.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Tee ay eye said:
MMs:
$10 s2j
$2 jkun
$2 fly
$5 bet on GG7 against MacD (3 with dajuan, 2 with alvin, i guess)
$2 Hbox if he goes (and if he promises a few friendlies afterwards)
$1 brandon
$3 dajuan
$2 westballz
$1 jman
$1 miharu
$1 trahhsteezy

other people i'm interested in MMing (depending on my funds and amount):
darrell, bob$, sfat, scar, joseph (replicate)

anyone else hip?

Gishnak

Smash Ace
I'm down to MM, but usually setting up these lists doesn't work as well as just challenging people directly at the tourney. I guess it's only for gauging interest pre-tourney if you are too scared to approach people.

(*Jman*)

Smash Champion
Yo does anyone have waffles number cause I wqas late 4 my flight and I'm getting. Here later then I was suppose to so anyone have it give it to me asap

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
well thinking of random people on the spot to challenge is probably harder than having a set list of people you plan to challenge already

jman imma $1-2 money match you at this if you don't care

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
I'm down to MM, but usually setting up these lists doesn't work as well as just challenging people directly at the tourney. I guess it's only for gauging interest pre-tourney if you are too scared to approach people.
i'm usually too scared to approach people at the tourney. well, it's not really an issue of timidity, but it's emotionally a lose/lose cuz i feel bad about losing, but i also feel guilty about winning and taking their money (especially if i just go up to them and say "YO, WANNA MONEY MATCH?")

metalreflectslime

Chemistry PhD Programs?
i'm usually too scared to approach people at the tourney. well, it's not really an issue of timidity, but it's emotionally a lose/lose cuz i feel bad about losing, but i also feel guilty about winning and taking their money (especially if i just go up to them and say "YO, WANNA MONEY MATCH?")
Why don't you just get on the microphone and say, "I'm accepting all MMs except from <insert names of top pros that you don't want to MM here>?" It is better than directly coming up to a person's face and challenging them. ;)

WayChuDat

Smash Apprentice
don't know if this was mentioned... but if I just want to go for some friendlies and not actually arrive in the morning what is the best way for me to get to the venue from Bart? I'm assuming there won't be people shuttling all day to and from venue/bart.

thanks.

Shroomed

Smash Master
if they accepted, i don't feel guilty

i only feel guilty if i pressure them into it

<3 mooninite lol

trahhSTEEZY

Smash Champion
you came off as mean the first time i saw you

you wouldn't let me play silentspectre :(

though i did think it was funny when scar unplugged your controller to play him

i think that was you?

also im down to $1 MM you my fox/falco vs your whatevs =]

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
you came off as mean the first time i saw you

you wouldn't let me play silentspectre :(

though i did think it was funny when scar unplugged your controller to play him

i think that was you?

also im down to $1 MM you my fox/falco vs your whatevs =]
i dont remember scar forcing me off the setup. he just wanted to play with SS.

if he did, it was because i let him/asked him to since he was closer to the ports or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom