• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Go Down There Jeff! f/ Mango, Hbox, Axe, Jman, Lucky, SS, Zhu, Shroomed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGoat

Smash Ace
this tournament will be over by 9pm. that will leave about 1+ hour of friendlies.

pete's got it right. we have the venue till 11ish. paul (the manager of fudds) is madd cool with me so he's forgiving if we go pass closing time.
Are there going to be friendlies on the second day? Or would you say the systems are going to be devoted pretty much to tournament matches?

And is this going on friday too? Because I see it says that on the housing thread.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
Are there going to be friendlies on the second day? Or would you say the systems are going to be devoted pretty much to tournament matches?

And is this going on friday too? Because I see it says that on the housing thread.
throughout the tournament all systems are devoted to the tournament. unless a set up is insanely shiitty to the point where it's damn near not playable - due to whatever reason - then that set up is friendlies. but i'll designate that friendly tv myself, that's not for others to decide.

the housing thread says friday because of those housing and in need of housing friday night. it has nothing to do with friday being a tournament day.

by the way, i spoke to hbox and he's gonna stay at my place friday night for sure. as for saturday he's more than welcome to stay at my place again BUT he's down to house hop. i would like to keep that option open for his benefit because if he wants to play more melee...i'm not your guy hahaha. while i'm sure others want that whack puff match up practice LOL.

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
Phoenix has Light practice, SV has two peach mains, and Tucson had Saetia-DTG in 05~09 and Silly Kyle from 09~2010.

It's SUPER rare anybody jumps into a dsmash.

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
MMs:
$2 lovage
$3 s2j
$2 jkun
$2 fly
$5 bet on GG7 against MacD (3 with dajuan, 2 with alvin, i guess)
$2 Hbox if he goes (and if he promises a few friendlies afterwards)
$1 brandon
$3 dajuan
$2 westballz

i'd also do like 2 with hbox LOL
i'm broke :(

other people i'm interested in MMing (depending on my funds and amount):
pewpewyou, darrell, bob$, sfat, scar, joseph (replicate)

i'm also open to other people. anyone else interested?
updated and reposted

i can't commit to any more MMs, but if you're interested, still post, and i'll bother you depending on how much money i have left LOL

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
all I remember from watching GG7 matches is

he really knows how to grind out a win by abusing Falcon's advantages (the few that he has in top tier matchups)

so I think that'll be useful against MacD

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
peach is the single character that i have the most experience against too haha. i have a hard time against falcon's bad matches but i feel like i kinda **** the ones that are even or better for falcon

juggleguy i gotta give you props for reppin' me <3

Rubyiris

Smash Hero
I'm the opposite. I'm very good at grinding out wins in bad matchups, but I get ***** in even matchups, and ones my character(s) are supposed to beat.

xD

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
i'm sure gg7 is hella good and all... and has amazing peach practice

but macd doesn't play like peach. alot of notable players (that are alot better than macd) have lost to macd the first time theyve played. macd plays so differently from any peach, you just need to play him to understand.

IM HYPED FOR THIS MONEY MATCH!

WOO

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
seriously, it's like anyone who plays SS for the first time. its like... you're playing jeff, not captain falcon

but still, i guess falcon is falcon and peach is peach.................

im sure KFC and i could give u anti macd tips

but i wanna see my boy win. the DADS will definitely defeat GG7

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
rofl MacD is gonna ****.

What up WC at 1:40am.

I'm not able to make it =/
Money johns. Forgot about some other **** I had to pay off (plus a two 500 deductibles from my insurance company in the last couple months.)

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
do you know how much doc experience I have? NONE. You will most certainly **** me for sure.

And falcon can't dthrow knee doc so i auto lose :(

/johns

Shroomed

Smash Master
do you know how much doc experience I have? NONE. You will most certainly **** me for sure.

And falcon can't dthrow knee doc so i auto lose :(

/johns
He can dthrow knee doc, I just found a way to make it extremely difficult. I think you gotta be frame perfect to do it, I haven't checked.

And I had zero pikachu experience! That's my /johns for you axe! lol

WassupJB

Smash Lord
rofl MacD is gonna ****.

What up WC at 1:40am.

I'm not able to make it =/
Money johns. Forgot about some other **** I had to pay off (plus a two 500 deductibles from my insurance company in the last couple months.)
lol

That's the plan man.

And after watching some GG7 videos, anybody wanna take my $20 on MacD?

LOLOLOLOL
1. you're not winning shiit.
2. i FEEL you. after watching some gg7 videos for some reason i thought "lucien would own this guy." i saw too many habits and reaction/reads that lucien wouldn't let slide. and it's completely irrelevant for me to even think of lucien in a macd vs gg7 mm..but playing lou so much made me see the game somewhat how he would, in a superficial sense.
3. i give the edge to macd. this would be a interesting upset if gg7 wins. i just can't see gg7 matching macd's placements at tournaments and beating the people macd's beaten. sorry if that last sentence is irrelevant..i think it's somehow relevant to macd's skill level.

i'll shut up now.

oh and a falcon round robin with gg7, scar, s2j, isai and ss??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom