• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink 2012: Why Are These Still Called Don't Blink... Editon!

ORLY

Smash Master
i predict i will have fun playing against rat and call kels "melon head" at least twice by the end of the day

good times ahead!

Rat

Smash Lord
melon head? yes.

I'd bet on me taking project M. If that tournament happens. Also I'm considering playing falcon this tournament. Picking falcon and winning don't really go well together. No offense but there's only one darkrain. And kelly beats him.

Scythe

Smash Master
seriously though if you have any kind of portable chair at your place please bring it, it will be a great help.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I'll bring a stack of chairs (like old cafeteria chairs) if someone helps me unload my truck. I have a tv and a cube as well.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
jack and i will be at this w/ at least 1 melee setup (perhaps 2) and at least 1 power strip. I have like 3 spare power strips that I bought just for SMYM so I can bring those as well if necessary.

if someone has a triwing, i need help repairing my controller. (r button gets stuck on occassion so i get stuck in lightshield/rolling after wavedashes). You will be compensated in controller parts, money, beer, or trees(most likely this one if you're down). I'll bring 2 brokenish controllers from which to harvest parts.

sveet: I can help too. Probably won't arrive very early to this, so if you get tired of moving stuff before I arrive, just leave it in your car and I'll help you once i get there.

ORLY

Smash Master
i'll also help with chairs.

i know loosh has a triwing and i have a controller graveyard, maybe i'll set aside and do the same thing.

loosh is coming to this, yes?

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
Oh yeah we can probably bring 2 folding chairs to this too unless someone at UIUC unjohns since then there wouldn't be enough room in the backseat.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
good news and bad news.

bad news is I called the venue and they can't give us more chairs. apparently this is the "old student lounge" and there's a "new" one across the building, but we can't use that one because it closes at 4:30.

good news is, since this the room we're in is no longer the "student lounge", there's no danger of anything ever being organized there and taking priority over our tournaments. Of course it also means that they might turn the room into something else in the future, in which case we may need to find a new venue lol. But for now we're good.

also more bad news... Kirk may not go anymore, so if he doesn't then it means we likely won't have a stream.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I don't have a laptop that can stream. Nor do I really have enough equipment/knowledge to set up a quality stream that people would want to watch.

edit: collision III is tomorrow as well, and Chibo's running a livestream of that, so I'm not sure how many viewers we'd get anyways.

ORLY

Smash Master
DLA if you have a dazzle or something to split av input to a laptop through an HDMI port, I can bring my lappy for you guys to stream with. Also, I'll learn all I need to know to stream by tomorrow.

Let me know ASAP. You have my number!

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Chris--I have a Dazzle HD... however I'd hate to ask you to run a Brawl stream for us. It's a lot of work and I know you're not a big fan of Brawl lol. I know you wouldn't have a problem with it, but I'd hate to ask anyways.

Besides, I kind of have a bad feeling about the whole thing if Kirk isn't going... it's really short notice, and if we run one bad stream, people won't want to watch it again. I'd rather have more time to prepare honestly. I'd do some research myself, but I'm housing a bunch of people tonight, so there's not enough time. If you really want to try running the stream though, I'll definitely bring the Dazzle and try my best to help run it.

I'm just really hoping Kirk comes, because he probably has $500+ worth of streaming equipment that I have no idea how to use lol. And it would be fantastic if we could run a good stream and get some publicity for Chicago/the MW.

ORLY

Smash Master
lol i just don't play brawl; i'm not gonna prevent people from streaming it. i have something that'll work so let's give it a shot. worst case scenario: we can't get it to work and i put it back in the car. no big deal

if anyone knows a good resource for learning how to stream or any software i'll need, lemme know. anything to make it smoother

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Chris--I have a Dazzle HD... however I'd hate to ask you to run a Brawl stream for us. It's a lot of work and I know you're not a big fan of Brawl lol. I know you wouldn't have a problem with it, but I'd hate to ask anyways.

Besides, I kind of have a bad feeling about the whole thing if Kirk isn't going... it's really short notice, and if we run one bad stream, people won't want to watch it again. I'd rather have more time to prepare honestly. I'd do some research myself, but I'm housing a bunch of people tonight, so there's not enough time. If you really want to try running the stream though, I'll definitely bring the Dazzle and try my best to help run it.

I'm just really hoping Kirk comes, because he probably has $500+ worth of streaming equipment that I have no idea how to use lol. And it would be fantastic if we could run a good stream and get some publicity for Chicago/the MW.
Hes also supposed to be housing me and like 7 other people but Idk if I should even leave if hes not going anymore.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
I don't think Fuujin has actually been reading the thread lol....

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
ill be coming to this

bringing my recording/streaming/speakers for anyone's music (cellphone,mp3 player, laptop, anything with a standard 3.5mm headphone jack) setup in addition to wii with melee/P:M/brawl and my n64.

if anyone(a TO or reputable player..?) wants to be in charge of uploading any recording from my setup, they should bring an external hard drive or a big flash drive(16/32gb idk) for taking the recorded content with them to upload

ORLY

Smash Master
if i bring my laptop for streaming, can that count as a set-up? that's a lot of junk to bring and i only have one bag

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Okay so anyone arriving, if you see a bunch of people in suits and dress clothes, thats the right area.
A bunch of graduates or some **** are meeting there.

But we have no tables so Oro and I sre trying to get some.

:phone:

Top Bottom