• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink 2012: Why Are These Still Called Don't Blink... Editon!

ORLY

Smash Master
i got bodied in brawl by sleep and oscar

lol i seriously have no idea how to play that game

but ally's snake is the best in the ****ing world

Meneks

Smash Lord
Whoever that dude blasting his music was, wasn't really necessary.
I agree w/ this ^
You guys sound like debbie downers -_______-
Didn't that guy post in this thread saying that if anyone wanted to bring music they could, and have it connected to the speakers?
Plus it wasn't like he was playing one whole genre the entire time..

Not to mention it gets kinda boring listening to kirby dreamland music all ****ing day

oh hush, I liked listening to the music

and if you had an issue with it, why didnt you go and just say something? lol

you silly people waitin to complain behind your computers.
Pretty much this..

This tournament had some odd variety of games, needs moar cod.

I'll play anyone in a mw2/cod4 sniper money match lool

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
The main reason people are complaining is because whatever bad music they like wasn't being played. I bet if someone heard their favorite band, they wouldn't have complained.

Meneks

Smash Lord
meneks 1v1 quickscopes lets go
I would! If I still had xbl, maybe next time theres a random cod setup with mw2 in it or something.
first to 20 on rust with radar off

I'll hit you with a 720 cross map ladder stall double y headshot before you get the chance to say "hardscope!"

Edit: more music for these tournies!

ORLY

Smash Master
one day i'll take down kain in street fighter

i just have to learn how to fight yang first

ORLY

Smash Master
ness is secretly mid tier

he may be better than luigi

but never send a boy to do a man's job

Little England

Smash Master
Purdue, W Lafayette IN Rancho Cucamonga, SoCal
I had a terrible bracket, Rat 2nd round then right into Quaz, probably number 2 in WI right now.
Terrible bracket? Terrible post. Let me count the ways...

1. Welcome to the current day MidWest where your bracket is 10x easier than WC, EC, Canada, the South, and select European scenes.
2. You play Sheik don't you? :glare:
3. No offense to Rat and Quaz, but these aren't national level players you're complaining about.
4. What are you going to a tournament for? To get some arbitrary placing that you can show as a trophy or to actually perform (not john) and take out those that have given you trouble in the past?
5. Someone give me something for 5. lol

Anyways, good stuff to the top 3!

Rat

Smash Lord
DK's got that Ness. No sweat.

@Juggleguy
I really wanted to make that prediction come true. =( I need falcon practice. =(

Also good **** chris. Now it's ORLY two Rat one =(. Btw is it ORLY or Orly? If it's ORLY, I'm gonna start All-caps shouting it.

ORLY

Smash Master
lol i generally prefer chris

but if you are gonna type it in all caps i must request you hold shift when you do it, typing it like you mean it

Tink

Smash Hero
1. Welcome to the current day MidWest where your bracket is 10x easier than WC, EC, Canada, the South, and select European scenes.....
loll....yo homie, this is chicago, not purdue 0_o....we have a top 15(but prolly 10) national player in chicago when we play in tournaments(usually)....i see many EC/WC tournaments where kelly would tapp.

other then that, i agree my dude.

Rat

Smash Lord
Hold Shift for efficiency:
Push shift. Type word. Release shift. One button press.
Press caps. type word. press caps. two button presses.

The Saiyan level manliness is more of a bonus.

Edit:
@LE
Lol. I'm offended. MM?

Little England

Smash Master
loll....yo homie, this is chicago, not purdue 0_o....
Considering Chicago is the 3rd largest city in the nation, it's still crazy that the best you could come up with was...
we have a...national player.
>______________>

isnt rat like, 10-0 vs lil england ; ))).
Not at all. I'm quite sure that as of the last tournament I have a positive record against him actually. Nice jab though. gg lol

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....that makes no sense LE, comparing smash skill with actual population....i mean come on.

the only thing that makes sense is comparing SMASH population...and in that area, chicago is nottt a great area for smash :/...our players never show.

Rat

Smash Lord
Honestly, Why isn't MW as good as the coasts? It doesn't make sense to me. Why isn't there some sort of correlation between population size and number of amazing players.

Maybe MW is just too chill and friendly.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
1. Ally + WTP
2. Kain + Bpow
3. Fino + MJG

iirc

Singles top 5 was:
1. Ally
2. Domo
3. Kain
4. MJG
5. Arty
5. Fino
Dizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyamn Bplowing yall.

****ing DOMO got 2nd and he's as close to retired as possible. Kansas is broken, everything I've ever said about my sub region is true. MW:W:W too good.

If I would have known EVERYONE I knew in the world who still plays smash from Iowa/KS AND MI/ILL AND Nebraska I would have johned really hard about not being able to come.

Shoutouts to everyone who put up with me
rofl

Shouts to ORLY and the rest of the TOP 3 for melee for doing work the last few months in tournament.

Meneks

Smash Lord
lolll....that makes no sense LE, comparing smash skill with actual population....i mean come on.

the only thing that makes sense is comparing SMASH population...and in that area, chicago is nottt a great area for smash :/...our players never show.
Technically no one from the "chicago smash scene" is actually from Chicago either except for myself and like 3 others.

Everyones from some far away burb thats considered chicago land area, so population wouldn't really mean anything since there technically is no real actual chicago smash scene, if anything its more ILLINOIS than actual chicago. And if you look at what Illinois is mostly consisted of, its prairie lands and farms, so its LESS people compared to the east and west coast.

Lmao @ Comparing the MW farmland smash scene to the west and east coasts

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Terrible bracket? Terrible post. Let me count the ways...

1. Welcome to the current day MidWest where your bracket is 10x easier than WC, EC, Canada, the South, and select European scenes.
2. You play Sheik don't you? :glare:
3. No offense to Rat and Quaz, but these aren't national level players you're complaining about.
4. What are you going to a tournament for? To get some arbitrary placing that you can show as a trophy or to actually perform (not john) and take out those that have given you trouble in the past?
5. Someone give me something for 5. lol

Anyways, good stuff to the top 3!

I don't really like having to play 3 6:30 minute matches with a Samus and then have to play 6:30 minute matches with Peach. I play Sheik, but I don't like playing Sheik so much I don't play her like the ***-clown Kelly does.

Once my new main is ready, I won't need to play absolutely homo to beat Samus, Peach, Climbers, and Jiggs. Also, I go to tournaments to have fun and hang with cool people first, before Melee.

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll....its funny, old MW and now MW is totally diff.....ppl think dart hitting a table and kinda messing up TVs is bad....*****s in the MW used to PUNCH tvs from how made they lost.....big C throwing controllers across rooms/kicking garbage cans into the air.....mw doesnt have that passion anymore.

FrootLoop

Smash Lord
even though it wasn't a great set, watching chris vs rat enlightened me a lot about chicago style smash and why MW isn't great as a region. It's not travel distance, it's not willingness to play $5 locals, it's not scene size, it's the mindset. LE has the best mindset of any player in the MW hands down, and I think he got it from the coast.

also, lol jeff

Tink

Smash Hero
lolll...u wernt around then homie....has nothinggg to do with self restaint...ppl actually used to get mad when they lost.

Little England

Smash Master
Honestly, Why isn't MW as good as the coasts? It doesn't make sense to me. Why isn't there some sort of correlation between population size and number of amazing players.
Generally speaking, there should be imo. There are exceptions though which leads me to the point below...

Lmao @ Comparing the MW farmland smash scene to the west and east coasts
Believe it or not they used to be comparable.
Also, "Once upon a time there was a noob named Dr.PP. He was from a land called North Carolina." Is this a familiar story to you?

I don't really like having to play 3 6:30 minute matches with a Samus and then have to play 6:30 minute matches with Peach. I play Sheik, but I don't like playing Sheik so much I don't play her like the ***-clown Kelly does.
I see. To this I say, you don't have to play 6:30 matches against Samus and Peach. You sure as hell don't have to play like Kelly's Sheik. lol

mw doesnt have that passion anymore.
:urg:

Top Bottom