• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink 2012: Why Are These Still Called Don't Blink... Editon!

Kel

Smash Master
I would like to go, but it's really far and there is a tournament with the same rules on the same day that is an hour away >.>

I will visit you guys some time though if you have a big enough tournament

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Yeah kel but your tournament probably won't have the same attendance or level of competition as ours. Up to you to decide whether or not it's worth it to drive 5 more extra hours though.

I don't remember the last time one of our locals has gathered this much OoS interest honestly.

I'm personally going to try to make sure there's a stream for this. Kirk has some really nice streaming equipment so I might be able to convince him to bring it... if not I have enough equipment to set up a stream as well. We can have Oro and Kirk commentate, and maybe someone from OoS like Tech Chase.

Akashi

Smash Lord
Surprisingly a lot of ppl on aib asked if we record our matches. We should start getting serious on that. Also what the heck at Kel. I thought kass was your gf? o.O
Edit: I'll commentate if you guys need me too. I'm good at analyzing.
:phone:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Yeah kel but your tournament probably won't have the same attendance or level of competition as ours. Up to you to decide whether or not it's worth it to drive 5 more extra hours though.

I don't remember the last time one of our locals has gathered this much OoS interest honestly.

I'm personally going to try to make sure there's a stream for this. Kirk has some really nice streaming equipment so I might be able to convince him to bring it... if not I have enough equipment to set up a stream as well. We can have Oro and Kirk commentate, and maybe someone from OoS like Tech Chase.
Being completely serious here, make sure the videos actually get up this time. Like Tano said, we need to get serious about this.

Surprisingly a lot of ppl on aib asked if we record our matches. We should start getting serious on that. Also what the heck at Kel. I thought kass was your gf? o.O

I 100% agree.

I think her being his girlfriend gives him the right to call her out like that, lol. He's clearly joking.

Kel

Smash Master
Yes, Kassandra is my girlfriend. However, her not being able to drive is a huge inconvenience....for everyone

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Someone should also put up fliers at CoD. Make the type of flier with all the info at the top, and the little tickets at the bottom with date/contact info that you can rip off. I'll even make the flier for you if you want.

There are a LOT of students at CoD, I guarantee it will get us a lot of new attendance. Put them on the walls and pillars and stuff... worst thing that can happen is someone takes them down.

I'd do it myself, but I live like 2 hours away now lol.

Scythe

Smash Master
i feel like it's a bad idea to advertisement at CoD, should be pretty obvious.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
i feel like it's a bad idea to advertisement at CoD, should be pretty obvious.
It's a college campus, we have at least one person who goes to CoD so we can use it how we want. It's not like we need to keep it a secret. If it's really a concern that they'll have a problem, we can call someone and ask. We may not be staying at this venue for long anyways.

Anyways I have the flier all typed up. Let me know if someone wants to post it around the campus.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
To be fair Tom, you only live about 45 minutes to an hour away from CoD now, not two hours, lol. Who still goes to CoD? Sago?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology

I'm down to commentate.

I may need a partner here as well. Not exactly sure what I'm doing. Might team with Gio..but at the same time...I've only teamed with one IL person and that was when I was bad lol. Who good is available? I'm on that Window Shopping status.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
To be fair Tom, you only live about 45 minutes to an hour away from CoD now, not two hours, lol. Who still goes to CoD? Sago?
Okay but it's 100 miles both ways. That's like $25 in gas for me. You're the TOs, you guys should be doing this **** anyways lol. I typed up a really nice flier, you guys are free to use it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rFyS9Q3HG-0ThigkE593qIRrAJzrJZc_oS3Ys3YsE0I/edit

edit: Sago still goes and I go as well, I'm just not currently enrolled. A lot of people won't be enrolled anyways because it's summer.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Round trip is about 70 bucks.

Oh...can a brutha get some housing/ride to this?

Still seeking sexy partner for tag teaming some *****.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Okay but it's 100 miles both ways. That's like $25 in gas for me. You're the TOs, you guys should be doing this **** anyways lol. I typed up a really nice flier, you guys are free to use it.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rFyS9Q3HG-0ThigkE593qIRrAJzrJZc_oS3Ys3YsE0I/edit

edit: Sago still goes and I go as well, I'm just not currently enrolled. A lot of people won't be enrolled anyways because it's summer.
I didn't say you should put them up, I was just making a point, lol. That looks good though, I would put them up if I find time.

Edit: Arty we're still teaming right?

Dnyce

Smash Master
Sad that doubles entry is $5 per person and not $10 :( It's like getting 1/4 as much as singles payout

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Considering the amount of OoS interest for this thing, I'll probably change it to $10 doubles.

We just have it at $5 because it's a local.

Top Bottom