• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Don't Blink 2012: Why Are These Still Called Don't Blink... Editon!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I'll bring a lag free TV and a Wii if I get off of work. Also looking for a teammate.

Why are Marth and D3 infinites out?

Scythe

Smash Master
because they are lame and take no skill, what is wrong with brawl players seriously

Dnyce

Smash Master
because they are lame and take no skill, what is wrong with brawl players seriously
I know right.

Bannin' **** cause they can't learn to get better....

I wish every time I lost a set I could go cry on 504badgateway or allisdonate and have rulesets bend to my favor... but the community is under the impression Olimar is the second best character in the game... so they don't listen to me :shyguy:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
What's the difference with Marth doing it to them and DK?

Or even Pikachu doing a 0-death on the few characters he can which has the same end results as those infinites.

Or Ice Climbers who have said infinite on everyone.

I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't focused on very small specific samples of it.

Scythe

Smash Master
What's the difference with Marth doing it to them and DK?

Or even Pikachu doing a 0-death on the few characters he can which has the same end results as those infinites.

Or Ice Climbers who have said infinite on everyone.

I wouldn't mind it if it wasn't focused on very small specific samples of it.
all infinites should be banned in every fighting game, **** is broken. ICs are the only maybe since theirs isn't exactly standing and it varies on characters. I dont know every detail on brawl infinites but something like D3's standing infinite on DK is so incredibly easy to do and easy to start that I'm surprised people defend it.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Not that I really give a **** one way or the other but if you're going to go on about how infinites are broken, at least maintain consistent criteria. Discriminating against one form of infinite vs another simple because of the difficulty of them is a very weak argument when the end result of an infinite is usually guaranteed death.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
^Pretty much that.

I don't agree infinite = broken in every situation, but if people are going to ban infinites people should stop discriminating one from another like the OP does with Marth, D3 and co.

It's ok for ZSS and Captain Falcon to infinite ROB, but Marth and D3 do it and suddenly it's bad? Same for ICs, they can do a standing infinite, it pretty much is even with the multiple variants they have with it, and it's perfectly ok for them to do it.

It's not a standing infinite per say, but it's end result is still the same.

I know people don't know everyone one in the game, but if they are known, why specify X character can while Y character cannot?

Zwarm

Smash Hero
I don't care either way, none of the characters I play are affected by infinites anyway. If people want all infinites legal, then I'll change it.

Also doubles is for sure $10 now. I'll fix it when I get home from work.

:phone:

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Updated the rules,
- $10 doubles
- Stagelist has been lowered to five starters, since no one ever really follows the seven starter rule around here anyway.
- LGL has been lowered to 40.
- All infinites are legal.

Now can people stop *****ing about rules and actually tell me who's bringing setups?

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Kirk, xyless and I are likely bringing two setups from the sound of it. One is my recording setup, and the other will be the fancy streaming setup. Kirk's been putting a lot of work into it and he has some really high quality streaming equipment so the stream should be really good.

bertbusdriver

Smash Ace
UIUC might show up. We were planning on going up to UChicago to play those guys that weekend, but I'm trying to convince both UIUC and UChicago to come here instead.

UIUC would probably be all only entering melee. Except maybe Ripple.

Arty

Smash Lord
Kirk, xyless and I are likely bringing two setups from the sound of it. One is my recording setup, and the other will be the fancy streaming setup. Kirk's been putting a lot of work into it and he has some really high quality streaming equipment so the stream should be really good.

Sweeeet. Live streaming with commentary again??!

Kappy

Smash Ace
NNID
SwagTrain
3DS FC
2964-9085-1107
JJ I don't know if you saw me asking to team with you but LET'S TEAM OMG!! LOL.

Top Bottom