• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Fox is harder to catch. But Falco is harder to trade hits with.
Crouch canceling works so much more vs Fox. Falco's d-air and b-air are so domineering.

That's a fresh avatar. Where'd you get it?

EDIT:
SHROOMED YOU COULD GIMP REALLY EARLY A THOUSAND MORE TIMES IF YOU WOULD JUST DO THAT VGMASTA SPECIAL I MENTIONED BEFORE; RUN OFF AND B-AIR THE JUMP IN. Like land a grab on Fox near the edge at early percent, f-throw him offstage. At this point Fox will probably jump in toward the edge from underneath to avoid the typical edgeguards. You don't have enough time to turn your back to set up a turn around b-air, and he won't be high enough to be hit by a f-tilt or a pill. At this point, just run off the stage and dropzone b-air him. Lots of ppl won't expect it and it works really well.
I made it myself. I used three pics to make it, and gimp. (Original Doc, and that stylish doc you see on the right, and Doc with Nurse Peach)

that avy is sick...im actually pretty jelly...
I'm glad you like it man. :smirk:

Max?

Smash Champion
The reverse hitbox for Bair is really good, and would work realy well in the situation you just described ricky.

Shroomed

Smash Master
I'm doing a lot of analyzing of my game, next National I'm going in hard.

And after watching my set with KDJ again I'm about 100% sure he died because of pill lag combined with fast fall and not an SD.

:phone:

Gea

Smash Master
I'm going to actually start playing again. Goin to a tournament the 11th. Expecting to place poorly. Can only go up from there.

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
i think he's talking about bairing someone into the stage...either way should work though. also ive seen videos where smashmac does a downair-> jump-> backair against the stage, and it caught people off with their DI. pretty tricky stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_Bk-7ocycQ
it's around 4 35, and there's another one at 5 12

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to actually start playing again. Goin to a tournament the 11th. Expecting to place poorly. Can only go up from there.
youre going to tys? i cant wait to play your doc. although ive always found doc dittos quite odd. if your interested in playing tomorrow or this weekend at all let me know

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
SmashMac is streaming now btw. : D

Also I guess doc dittos can be odd because you don't know who what might happen, because we have the same movess

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
yeah that's true. even when i play against doc with other characters it feels weird though. not quite as weird as dittos though haha

Shroomed

Smash Master
Runoff bairs are too dangerous. Assuming they get hit into the stage and gain the ability to tech, you will probably get tech aerialed or shined. At low percentage it's good because they don't get stage spiked.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Yo guys I've been streaming with my brother DaShizWiz a bit lately so if you guys wanna check it out check my link for ustream: www.ustream.tv/channel/smashmelee

I also post about it on facebook when I'm doing it. Add Barry Valentino Layton for the status updates. Just wanted to let my fellow Doc. players know in case any of you are interested.

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
Do you guys shffl your uairs with control stick or c stick? I'm finding i kind of need to have an instant uair to space right. I used to only use c stick for uairs, and especially delayed uairs, but i'm getting technical enough now to be able to use the control stick. Thoughs?

Shroomed

Smash Master
I always use the c stick for uairs.

Playing at the top level is amazing dude. **** the sidelines, I love being in the action. You guys have no idea how important matchup knowledge is until you get to higher levels. You have to know a LOT about your opponent's character and then during the match find habits.

That's why I steamroll quite a few people, they have no idea how to fight Doc. SFAT is the hardest fox for now because he knows a ton about Doc AND my habits.

Nujabes

Smash Apprentice
I'm trying to improve my ganon as fast as I can to start competing with my local people, I can't wait to be able to compete up there with y'all

Frisbie

Smash Journeyman
i might be going to los angeles this summer. im hoping that's close to where you play shroomed, i definitely want to play your doc

VGmasta

Smash Lord
Do you guys shffl your uairs with control stick or c stick? I'm finding i kind of need to have an instant uair to space right. I used to only use c stick for uairs, and especially delayed uairs, but i'm getting technical enough now to be able to use the control stick. Thoughs?
I don't like to use the control stick to do SH-uairs. I usually wind up full hopping or wasting my air-jump. Using the c-stick works just fine for me.

Inty17

Smash Journeyman
I saw on the Falcon boards about the instant uairs to accomodate for Falcon not really having a fast enough move. I've seen it catch a lot of people, and I've been hit by it a lot. I'm just brainstorming :p Not really that necessary for Doc, right? And thanks for that Shroomed :)

Bing

Smash Master
I always use the c stick for uairs.

Playing at the top level is amazing dude. **** the sidelines, I love being in the action. You guys have no idea how important matchup knowledge is until you get to higher levels. You have to know a LOT about your opponent's character and then during the match find habits.

That's why I steamroll quite a few people, they have no idea how to fight Doc. SFAT is the hardest fox for now because he knows a ton about Doc AND my habits.

When you make a combo video, I better be in it for the uair - uair - fair you did to me off stage. If not imma be really upset with :(

Also, on a doc related note, I just picked up a Pocket doc recently, like right before I went to Apex and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for the Falcon MU.

Gea

Smash Master
Dogy, lay off the juice.

Also Bing, I really don't suggest throwing many pills vs falcon. They can cover laaaarge distances quickly and easily approach around them. It is definitely stage dependent and they have their place, but it's definitely a MU where I would say being more reserved with pills = superior

Merkuri

Smash Lord
Hey Shroomed I was just wondering what was it like playing against Armada at Apex? And do you think you could beat him the next time you play him in tournament?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Yeah that was awesome. Specially that last set. I liked what he did.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Hmmm. I don't think (both) their games are very advanced. Although they seemed to be doing... specific things.

Fox never grabbed looool.

Top Bottom