• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Doc General Discussion: Ask and ye shall receive ft. otg and Shroomed!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
I picked up Doc. to fight Rock's Ganon at first. Anything else I told you was probably my reasoning to keep playing Doc. after that.
XD

You told me you started on Doc because you were tired of your brothers and all of your cousins playing spanimals all the **** time.

Now all of a sudden it's some "Man f*** that rockcrock guy" stuff.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
XD

You told me you started on Doc because you were tired of your brothers and all of your cousins playing spanimals all the **** time.

Now all of a sudden it's some "Man f*** that rockcrock guy" stuff.

Yes, I was also tired of playing Falco because when I saw Shiz and KSN picking up Falco I wanted to use a different character. You're right Dogy, that was one of my reasons to use Doc. as a main <3.

There are lots of great Ganondorf players, Linguini and Rockcrock being some of them. I haven't seen everyone in a long time though. I bet they're all better now =\.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Linguini is more about waveland setups and gimmicks (and other setups). Rockcrock is built more around solid fundamentals.

Take that how you will.

edit @ $mac: N**** it's smash, it aint that bad. Heck, I think i remember talking to you about this last year and we were talkin about how it's like riding a bike.

An uber bike, with a clutch and a gear shift, but a bike nonetheless.

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Linguini is more about waveland setups and gimmicks (and other setups). Rockcrock is built more around solid fundamentals.

Take that how you will.

edit @ $mac: N**** it's smash, it aint that bad. Heck, I think i remember talking to you about this last year and we were talkin about how it's like riding a bike.

An uber bike, with a clutch and a gear shift, but a bike nonetheless.
Yeah I remember that lmfao.

Shroomed

Smash Master
ive never had such a laid back/funny MM than the one i had with linguini

that guy is amazingly cool lol

rockcrock is cool too, and the diversity in his characters is amazing

norcal has fox, falco, and falcon

me, germ, and brandon are like the only diversity

too much top tier

Shroomed

Smash Master
i dont think BOBDUZIO is bad

i used to give up when they said shroomed vs SS, when i first started

but now im like,"IM KNOCKIN THAT MAN INTO LOSERS!"

Shroomed

Smash Master
he never goes doc

last time i saw him play in tourney he went falco/marth/fox

KK, next time we're both at a tourney we need a serious set lol

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I had a dream where I saw a street sign that said "Scar vs. Shroomed 1/16/10"
I don't understand.

VGmasta

Smash Lord
That's a 10-4 Dogy and SmashMac. And I just realized Kage crouch-canceled (CC) an up-air out of sheild (OoS) from Shroomed and got a jab immediately somewhere in that second match. Kage was at 65% before the jab. That's just plain ********.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
That makes perfect sense. U.air doesn't beat CC until later.

If you think you're opponent's going to CC, you F.air, retreating b.air, or move the **** out of the way (or other variants of moves with position that will get out out of the way.)

Shroomed

Smash Master
jus for everyone's knowledge

i ***** the **** out of scar yesterday =D
2-0!!!!!!!!!!!!

but i only got 5th =(

also, usmash OOS is not slow in the least (unless they're double shining, then nothing works anyways lol) wtf r u guys talking about!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
also, usmash OOS is not slow in the least (unless they're double shining, then nothing works anyways lol) wtf r u guys talking about!
My god. Do you want me to mathematically prove to you that U.Smash oos is the 6th fastest option he has oos, cause I will. XD

IT'S STILL GOOD, IM NOT ARGUING AGAINST THAT. But i'll be ****ed if speed is the first thing that comes out of my mind.
Hugs.

N**** wat.

DondonSF

Smash Journeyman
so im thinkin about gettin back into playin Doc,only thing is I haven't really done anything with him since '08.is there anything different goin on that I need to know?

unknown522

Some guy
wow, double post, oops.

What the ~~, maaaaaaan. I DON'T GET THAT ESPECIALLY AFTER WATCHIN YOU RUN THE CLOCK ON HMW. XD

But seriously, I guess I cringe Doc/Samus cause it takes forever for either one to really get anything accomplished. Like, I don't HATE the matchup or anything, I actually like having to out-think someone, but all the gaps of downtime just make the end result pretty unpleasant.

Samus is off the stage, and you just sit there. I mean ****, I've caught myself watching other matches in tourney while waiting for samus to recover. Atleast Fox can be like "Hey hurry up, I wanna grab a bite to eat" or something.
you only say that, because my camping was more noticeable. The first 5 seconds of the match, I was like: "ok, I'll see what he'll do", then he was at the edge trying to gimp me, so I was like "**** that, I'm not approaching either". It felt really gay, but I came too far to lose, due to being gimped when I know I can do better. I also really felt like a douche, so then I apologized, but he told me that I don't need to. I probably could've just went in and combo'd him for 3-4 hits, but then I run the risk of screwing up more.

lol, but yeah, for doc/samus, it feels better to me because the opponent doesn't spend all their time trying to gimp me. I also like using the cape on missiles. She also is a character that's really easy to grab, but as fox, you rarely get anything out of it, so I like doc's grab on her way more.

Edgeguarding is long as you said, but really easy with any character. I spend my time throwing pills at her, and bouncing some of them.

Shroomed

Smash Master
doc doesnt get **** from grabbing samus

ur lucky to land ANYTHING after grabbing her

i jus throw her off and wait for her to come back

when i play hugs half my kills are bthrows

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
wow, double post, oops.

you only say that, because my camping was more noticeable. The first 5 seconds of the match, I was like: "ok, I'll see what he'll do", then he was at the edge trying to gimp me, so I was like "**** that, I'm not approaching either". It felt really gay, but I came too far to lose, due to being gimped when I know I can do better. I also really felt like a douche, so then I apologized, but he told me that I don't need to. I probably could've just went in and combo'd him for 3-4 hits, but then I run the risk of screwing up more..
don't even trip man its all good

hahaha i came at you, but you were on a platform with tent and firewood ready

i said you dont have to apoloigize, cuz you had the will to do it in the first place soo yea.., plus its not that serious when you see me and phil laughing mid-match

<3 unknown

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Maaaan I was just trollin to troll, I could give a **** less if you did what needed to be done to win.

I mean ****, I get mad at people who are the other way, and wonder why they get destroyed. "I can't sit on my lead, that's not how things roll" 3STOCKED.

St. Viers

Smash Champion
btw, after playing melee again, I'd just like to reaffirm that upB oos is an amazing option once you get it down. Especially against characters like falco, who usually don't ban FD against you, even as doc.

Also, been experimenting w/ edge-canceled up B as a means of getting of the ledge of BF and YS. It isn't great, but it's unexpected, and leads to b-airing off the stage if they don't see it/CC or shield. Specially as you can ledgehop an up/d-air and still get the cancel.

Shroomed

Smash Master
btw, after playing melee again, I'd just like to reaffirm that upB oos is an amazing option once you get it down. Especially against characters like falco, who usually don't ban FD against you, even as doc.
wait, WHAT?

i wish i played the falco's you play

SmashMac

Smash Lord
Someone is playing with what looks like my tag in your sig. otg xD. Up+b-cancel is hard to pull off vs. awesome Falco players. It's almost pretty much completely situational.

The W

Smash Rookie
Is the peach matchup supposed to be nearly impossible? She gives me more trouble than even falco.

unknown522

Some guy

You can't get a kill move off of a throw, but at lower percents, you can hit her with random moves while she's above you. Her air mobility sucks ***, so you can follow her around, as long as you don't get tricked randomly. Samus is pretty much spacing and gimmicks.

don't even trip man its all good

hahaha i came at you, but you were on a platform with tent and firewood ready

i said you dont have to apoloigize, cuz you had the will to do it in the first place soo yea.., plus its not that serious when you see me and phil laughing mid-match

<3 unknown
I hear that. Still, it was really gay.

oh yeah, mad fun chilling when we first arrived at pound. LOL macdonald's

Maaaan I was just trollin to troll, I could give a **** less if you did what needed to be done to win.

I mean ****, I get mad at people who are the other way, and wonder why they get destroyed. "I can't sit on my lead, that's not how things roll" 3STOCKED.
I hear that as well.

Edit: I've had enough of falco. I've decided to go doc vs him now. I figure that matchup is about as bad for each of them, but then falco players really suck vs doc, so I could maybe get a slight edge.

otg

Smash Master
You can't get a kill move off of a throw, but at lower percents, you can hit her with random moves while she's above you. Her air mobility sucks ***, so you can follow her around, as long as you don't get tricked randomly. Samus is pretty much spacing and gimmicks.

Edit: I've had enough of falco. I've decided to go doc vs him now. I figure that matchup is about as bad for each of them, but then falco players really suck vs doc, so I could maybe get a slight edge.
I def agree about Doc v. Samus. Getting her above you is half the battle, it's actually one of my favorite matchups right now.

As for Doc v. Falco ugh, I don't even know why you would want to do that matchup lol. I remember a few months ago I was like "oh it's not that bad" and you were like "falco ***** Doc" and now we're flip flopping. Funny enough, you aren't the only one who has mentioned recently that they don't mind Doc v. Falco so I'm curious as to why you would go Doc instead of Fox in that matchup if you don't mind me asking.

unknown522

Some guy
I still think the matchup is bad. Fox v falco is bad too, but fox is one of the only characters that falco players are experienced against. A lot of falco players just seem to suck vs doc. A lot of them talk about how doc does so well, so I know for a fact that the specific will suck at the matchup.

I got ***** by PP as fox at pound 4, then game 2 I went doc and it was close.

Same vs mango at ROM 2.

vs eggm too, but that was almost 2 years ago, and I didn't get ***** as fox, but I never lost as doc.

edit: oh, I worded some things wrong. When I said for each of them, I meant doc and fox are both about as bad vs falco.

I'll definitely get flamed for that, but people just don't understand yet that fox loses to falco. I want to falco ditto people, but I suck at that matchup while all the falco mains are experienced at it.

otg

Smash Master
edit: oh, I worded some things wrong. When I said for each of them, I meant doc and fox are both about as bad vs falco.

I'll definitely get flamed for that, but people just don't understand yet that fox loses to falco. I want to falco ditto people, but I suck at that matchup while all the falco mains are experienced at it.
I agree with all of this. I could always see why people thought Fox v. Falco was even but I personally never really agreed with it.

Shroomed

Smash Master
fox can **** falco too tho
but playing chars that arent the elite four or a few spots under give you a slight advantage
everyone doesnt know how to fite every character, and doc is normally one of those chars ppl dont know how to play against

but norcal has that bob$ practice lol

eighteenspikes

Smash Master

dthrow to up b aww yeaa!!!

Is the peach matchup supposed to be nearly impossible? She gives me more trouble than even falco.
tell me about it i got owned by peach at pound LOL i think i need to start running away and throwing pills more often

Top Bottom